Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[SW:TOR] Healer Thread - "Kolto Missile" is a real thing.

15678911»

Posts

  • MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote:
    Mugaaz wrote:
    Anyone sage/sorcers able to get the 7.5k healing medal? Closest I can get it 6.6k-6.8k.

    I haven't gotten it yet, but are you casting on yourself? (with the +healing received talent) Maybe another class has a bigger bonus to healing received in talents. Expertise adrenal?

    PVP buff, force stim, surge adrenal. I think I could get it if I ever got to BM gear, but not before.

  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Have an allied commando/merc hit your target with a kolto bomb for the +10% healing received buff too, that might push you over the top, or close.

  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote:
    Have an allied commando/merc hit your target with a kolto bomb for the +10% healing received buff too, that might push you over the top, or close.

    The game tooltip says 5%.

    "The welfare of each of us is dependent fundamentally upon the welfare of all of us."
    Spoiler:
    -Theodore Roosevelt
  • ForceVoidForceVoid Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote:
    Joshmvii wrote:
    Have an allied commando/merc hit your target with a kolto bomb for the +10% healing received buff too, that might push you over the top, or close.

    The game tooltip says 5%.

    Does it talent up to 10%?

    3DS Friend Code: 1547-5213-0970
    PM if you add me!
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Nah, he's right, it's 5%. The talent is 50%/100% chance to give 5% increase, but I thought the 2nd point took it up to 10.

    Also, if you're not doing it this way, you could get an allied sage/sorc to tap themselves down and let you heal them off to the side so they don't have the -30% healing received debuff yet.

    Joshmvii on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Also Marauders/Sents have a +15% (maybe 10?) buff to damage/healing on like a 5-10 min CD.

  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    Anyone mind critiquing my healing Sage build?

    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGbRbdbdGzZf00MZzM.1

    I'm lvl 47 currently and haven't done a respec yet, so I can swap some things around if need be.

    I was torn on whether to take the talent that increases healing received...but seems very very situational.

    camo_sig2.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Heir wrote:
    Anyone mind critiquing my healing Sage build?

    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGbRbdbdGzZf00MZzM.1

    I'm lvl 47 currently and haven't done a respec yet, so I can swap some things around if need be.

    I was torn on whether to take the talent that increases healing received...but seems very very situational.

    I have it, and I think I have 1 point tossed into the 'DoT slows the target' talent (I almost never use it). It's certainly situational, but right off the top of my head I'll say that I spent a lot of time under 100% health last night in karagga's palace. It's not gonna make or break you, but I feel like it's helped me here and there. Moreso than the DoT-slow, but maybe that's something you personally get plenty of use out of.

    edit- that floating point you have in 'empowered throw' is the one I have in the DoT-slow I think. Otherwise, pretty much the same.

    Bobble on
  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote:
    Heir wrote:
    Anyone mind critiquing my healing Sage build?

    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGbRbdbdGzZf00MZzM.1

    I'm lvl 47 currently and haven't done a respec yet, so I can swap some things around if need be.

    I was torn on whether to take the talent that increases healing received...but seems very very situational.

    I have it, and I think I have 1 point tossed into the 'DoT slows the target' talent (I almost never use it). It's certainly situational, but right off the top of my head I'll say that I spent a lot of time under 100% health last night in karagga's palace. It's not gonna make or break you, but I feel like it's helped me here and there. Moreso than the DoT-slow, but maybe that's something you personally get plenty of use out of.

    edit- that floating point you have in 'empowered throw' is the one I have in the DoT-slow I think. Otherwise, pretty much the same.

    I actually use that DoT a lot in PvP...especially in WZs that require a lot of running from point to point (like when the enemy blows a door in Voidstar, I'll just sit there and apply that dot one Imperial after another, giving my team enough time to run ahead).

    I think the slow from it stack with the other slow we have. I haven't tested it much though.

    camo_sig2.png
  • MarsloMarslo Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Heir wrote:
    Anyone mind critiquing my healing Sage build?

    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGbRbdbdGzZf00MZzM.1

    I'm lvl 47 currently and haven't done a respec yet, so I can swap some things around if need be.

    I was torn on whether to take the talent that increases healing received...but seems very very situational.

    Depends on what you want to do, if you want to stick to pvp. Throw points in to that self-heal talents and stick with slow dot. If you want to run ops, i might even suggest throwing those floating points in to the speed boost talent with bubble, seeing as about 2/3 of the fights have an element that is centered on movement for the tank. Plus you will be using Noble Sacrifice fairly often.

    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GrbRrdMdGzZf00MZ0M.1

    This is what my ops build looks like.

    Marslo on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The reduction in health cost for Noble Sacrifice is 99% useless since you should only ever be using it when it's free.

    The fact that the shield speed boost effectively costs 4 skill points kills its viability in my opinion, especially since that's just barely enough with its placement in the skill tree to actually detract from other useful skills.

    Long story short it'd be nice to have the speed boost, but it's not worth the hassle.

    camo_sig2-400.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.png Basilius | TF2 Backpack | SMITE - Laitarne | PSN - Masked_Unit
  • WanderlustWanderlust Registered User
    edited January 2012
    fwiw, here's where I'm headed with my Sage build:

    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGrRbd0dGzZf00MZoM.1

    Note that I'm only 39 atm, but this is my plan, anyway. I agree with Maddoc that Noble Sacrifice is not something to keep in a regular rotation, as you end up gimping your Force regen to get a measly 48 Force (assuming you have talented up to 600 Force like you should). 1 Heal, and you degrade your regen by 25% for 10 seconds. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up. Start stacking Noble Sacrifice and it gets worse (no regen at 4 stacks :O ).

    I took (or will take) the damage-reduction point and the "healing received" points because healing aggro makes me a target, even when the tank is paying attention, and the less Force I use healing myself the more I have to use on the party. (that is a PvE-based thought, but it seems to be working in the little PvP I've tried so far).

    Zeah

    Wanderlust on
    Not all who wander are lost
    fd0ae74b5017a223.png
  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:
    The reduction in health cost for Noble Sacrifice is 99% useless since you should only ever be using it when it's free.

    The fact that the shield speed boost effectively costs 4 skill points kills its viability in my opinion, especially since that's just barely enough with its placement in the skill tree to actually detract from other useful skills.

    Long story short it'd be nice to have the speed boost, but it's not worth the hassle.

    This was kind of my viewpoint as well.

    camo_sig2.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Heir wrote:
    Maddoc wrote:
    The reduction in health cost for Noble Sacrifice is 99% useless since you should only ever be using it when it's free.

    The fact that the shield speed boost effectively costs 4 skill points kills its viability in my opinion, especially since that's just barely enough with its placement in the skill tree to actually detract from other useful skills.

    Long story short it'd be nice to have the speed boost, but it's not worth the hassle.

    This was kind of my viewpoint as well.

    This is a 100% valid statement. It' a terrible talent and should be first on the chopping block when they start going thru the trees on live.

    Bobble on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Even if you were using Noble Sacrifice when it isn't free

    The health cost isn't even the prohibitive factor, and if it was 2% savings isn't going to do dick

    The real issue is the regen debuff that cancels out much of the benefit

    If anything, the talent should reduce the effect of the debuff if they want to keep it as is

    Although, it honestly feels as though the speed boost branches off the wrong talent, you would think that a speed boost to force armor would branch off of the talent that increases the effectiveness of force armor. Like I honestly think that may have initially been a mistake?

    Maddoc on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.png Basilius | TF2 Backpack | SMITE - Laitarne | PSN - Masked_Unit
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:
    Even if you were using Noble Sacrifice when it isn't free

    The health cost isn't even the prohibitive factor, and if it was 2% savings isn't going to do dick

    The real issue is the regen debuff that cancels out much of the benefit

    If anything, the talent should reduce the effect of the debuff if they want to keep it as is

    Although, it honestly feels as though the speed boost branches off the wrong talent, you would think that a speed boost to force armor would branch off of the talent that increases the effectiveness of force armor. Like I honestly think that may have initially been a mistake?

    Honestly, I think we should nominate it for the worst talent in the game.

  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    For commando, is Treated Wound Dressings worth it?
    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRRRzc.1
    or
    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRMRbc.1

    edit: actually the full tree I'm looking at doing
    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRRRzcdkqZrcoZb.1
    Note: the stormstrike talent actually increases alacrity by 4% not Stormstrike, guess they haven't updated the calculator yet.

    Invisible on
    steam_sig.png
  • EntaruEntaru Registered User regular
    4% damage reduction is very worth it.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Tough to say where to take the points from to get it though. Advanced Tech is statistically slightly better, but I think Treated Wound Dressings could be better mechanically. Combat Shield's value would depend on how often you're getting interrupted, but it's certainly nice for PVP. If you're using Cryo Grenade and Concussive Charge often enough, then Efficient Conversions is equivalent to having a second Recharge Cells so that's pretty nice as well.

    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Combat Shield's value would depend on how often you're getting interrupted, but it's certainly nice for PVP.

    I'm at work, so is the talent specifically for interrupt prevention, or pushback prevention? Even for PVE, I think pushback prevention has high value. It won't come up every fight, but when it does, it's very likely to save your (or someone else's) life.

    If the talent is interrupt prevention then to me, would seem a lot less valuable. I haven't run everything, but I don't recall ever getting interrupted by anything other than a knockback effect.

    Bobble on
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Bobble wrote:
    Combat Shield's value would depend on how often you're getting interrupted, but it's certainly nice for PVP.

    I'm at work, so is the talent specifically for interrupt prevention, or pushback prevention? Even for PVE, I think pushback prevention has high value. It won't come up every fight, but when it does, it's very likely to save your (or someone else's) life.

    If the talent is interrupt prevention then to me, would seem a lot less valuable. I haven't run everything, but I don't recall ever getting interrupted by anything other than a knockback effect.

    It's both. It gives an extra 30% pushback reduction too, so if you have full Steady Hands, you're healing pushback reduction is 100%. But it only lasts for 12 seconds with a 120 second cooldown.

    Assuming the function is linear and you are being hit constantly, losing the 30% pushback reduction for 10% of the time would need to be offset by about 5.5-6.0% extra alacrity to get the same output.

    SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRoRdfdkqZrco.1

    this is the build im running on. the bonus with reactive shield has proven more valuable in crisis mode than any sort of alacrity would. 6% alacrity is only about .1s on AMP. the knockback you would suffer with one hit would be atleast that. being able to pop shield and get off an AMP-MP combo on your tank will give you enough time to pop bacta infusion on yourself if you need to. or pop your supercharge, drop a koltobomb and then an AMP on yourself to give you a bit of a bastion against whatever is banging on you and keep everyone up.

    we were having a discussion on alacrity vs crit/surge earlier and im fully on the crit/surge side. when i can get 40% crit and 85% bonus without relics, saving .1s becomes pretty irrelevant in the long term imo.

    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • skippymchaggisskippymchaggis Registered User regular
    TK-42-1 wrote:
    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRoRdfdkqZrco.1

    this is the build im running on. the bonus with reactive shield has proven more valuable in crisis mode than any sort of alacrity would. 6% alacrity is only about .1s on AMP. the knockback you would suffer with one hit would be atleast that. being able to pop shield and get off an AMP-MP combo on your tank will give you enough time to pop bacta infusion on yourself if you need to. or pop your supercharge, drop a koltobomb and then an AMP on yourself to give you a bit of a bastion against whatever is banging on you and keep everyone up.

    we were having a discussion on alacrity vs crit/surge earlier and im fully on the crit/surge side. when i can get 40% crit and 85% bonus without relics, saving .1s becomes pretty irrelevant in the long term imo.

    when in your leveling process do you pop over for the gunnery skills?

  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte Registered User regular
    TK-42-1 wrote:
    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRoRdfdkqZrco.1

    this is the build im running on. the bonus with reactive shield has proven more valuable in crisis mode than any sort of alacrity would. 6% alacrity is only about .1s on AMP. the knockback you would suffer with one hit would be atleast that. being able to pop shield and get off an AMP-MP combo on your tank will give you enough time to pop bacta infusion on yourself if you need to. or pop your supercharge, drop a koltobomb and then an AMP on yourself to give you a bit of a bastion against whatever is banging on you and keep everyone up.

    we were having a discussion on alacrity vs crit/surge earlier and im fully on the crit/surge side. when i can get 40% crit and 85% bonus without relics, saving .1s becomes pretty irrelevant in the long term imo.
    You might consider dropping Efficient Conversions for Muzzle Fluting. Having the option to spam 0 cost charged bolts under a supercharge is always handy. Especially in those situations when the boss enrages with 8% health, half the party dies, and the other half is kiting around trying to burn the boss down before a wipe.

  • UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
    Heir wrote:
    Anyone mind critiquing my healing Sage build?

    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGbRbdbdGzZf00MZzM.1

    I'm lvl 47 currently and haven't done a respec yet, so I can swap some things around if need be.

    I was torn on whether to take the talent that increases healing received...but seems very very situational.

    My build, http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGrRbd0dGzZf00MZoM.1 . It only differs from yours by 3 points. I threw the last balance point into damage reduction rather than telekinetic throw damage, and 2 seer points into 8% more self healing rather than dot slow. For a pure pve build, I feel this is superior, but as I believe has been stated before, the dot slow is absolutely a valid call for pvp consideration.

  • cptruggedcptrugged Aim For The Top!Registered User regular
    So with the changes to sage healing in 1.2 I'm wondering what people's thoughts are. With the changes to Conveyance, is benevolence useful now? I had completely taken it off my bar. With a solid crit score it will almost always crit. So you are pretty much getting a 1.5 sec big heal. With deliverance's cast time being so long, I'm not sure where it's going to stand now, why even use it if healing trance is up.

    This change to the conveyance combo is a lot bigger than I had expected and I'm not really sure where this puts the heals in the rotation any more.

  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I still wouldn't use benevolence. My wife was playing around with that same thing last night, and found that even when benevolence crits, it heals for just over 3k, but deliverance heals for more even on non crits, which you lower the cost of by casting it after trance instead of the benev. The only benefit of benev is the speed, but hers is 1.33s vs 2.22 I think. Just not enough to make it worth it. If Benevolence had a way lower cost it'd be a different story, but it just doesn't.

  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The problem with the sorc/sage quick heal is that it's still hilariously inefficient compared to everything else you have. And in EV/KP at least, there's just never a time when you need a heal that's 3/4 of a second faster. If you are in a situation where you need to heal several things in short order, you're much better off just spamming shield (which is hilariously efficient) and catching up with slower heals.

    I guess there might be some limited use for it in the new ops if tank damage is as spikey as everybody says it is, but it's pretty hard to imagine that being the case just because you wouldn't be able to sustain it.

    ed: apparently with force bending the quick heal almost catches up to the slow heal in terms of heal/force, so it might be worth using in that situation if you really need throughput. But it's coefficient is apparently worse than the slow heal's, so as gear improves it just falls behind again.

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    stand up! It was the smallest on the list but
    pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • cptruggedcptrugged Aim For The Top!Registered User regular
    It's like they wanted to go for a quick heal = fast crit, slow heal = efficient but slow, channel = efficient and immediate but non spamable. But you're right, I still don't see a need for the quick heal. Its like they want you to use it where you would have used the quickened slow heal because as you said, the crit on it is about the same as a non-crit slow. But it still doesn't seem worth it especially with the nerf to resplendence not taking the health cost off of Noble Sacrifice any more.

    How has the resplendence nerf affected healing? I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet. Folks still using Noble Sacrifice even though its not completely free?

  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I healed the new HM this morning and used pretty much every force surge proc, and I didn't notice much difference. I mean I did, but especially if you talent it for less health consumption it doesn't really matter in pve. Just throw the hot on yourself every third cooldown or so (or have a marauder in the group) and you barely notice it's there.

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    stand up! It was the smallest on the list but
    pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
15678911»
Sign In or Register to comment.