As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWcolonTOR] Damage Thread: I find your lack of DPS disturbing.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    nessin wrote:
    Spectrum wrote:
    nessin wrote:
    Spectrum wrote:
    Depends on the content you're doing. As an op-medic, soloing Heroics you're IME much better off with Kaliyo for hard pulls or the champions. The armor difference (especially with Shotgun Blast) can mean the difference between beating the fight (slowly) and not beating the fight. The extra DPS from a different companion doesn't make a bit of difference if you can't keep them alive.

What is the point of even bringing that up? Heroic content is a relatively minor part of the game, and the fact that someone can solo it just means it (or the class) isn't balanced properly. The problem is, as already highlighted, Tank and Healing companions are utter junk compared to DPS for 99% of the content of the game where you use companions.
    Well...no, I still don't agree with that. The IA Tank companion happens to do a good deal better AoE than the melee DPS companion. She works just fine if I wasn't using a single target opener and instead went with just AoE.

As for heroic content, you don't think someone 5 levels above recommended should be able to solo a Heroic 2? We'll agree to disagree, then. Heroic content is the only interesting content difficulty wise. If you're having problems with normal content, you're doing something wrong.

This is 2012, haven't we gotten past the idea that only 5% of the game actually matters at this point? Why even contribute to the discussion if you believe the actual choice of a companion should be meaningless throughout most of the game?

Also, where did the 5 levels comment come from?
    You're putting words in my mouth, but that's okay. You seem to believe Tank companions aren't worthwhile, I highlighted a couple situations where I'd still use mine, including one that includes normal content.

You also took issue with soloing Heroic content in a blanket statement.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Man, at level 40 I still use Khem all the time. Of course as a sorcerer the only thing that can outlive his health bar are elites or champions (elites are normally around 10% when he drops). And with them if I use shields and disables appropiately, he still lives through it.

• ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Jephery wrote:
    Riale wrote:
    Joshmvii wrote:
    I feel like when I level my Marauder later I will swap to the pvp tree at 40. I think for levelling, the auto crit sweeps(double damage 3 times per minute) would make levelling so easy. I'll have to see how it goes, but in retrospect I might've tried it on my Guardian. Now that i'm 50, once I get my good tank gear and can start building DPS gear I'm going to try pvping in it.

You'd think that, but it's really not that amazing damage. I tried it with my Marauder in the 30s and even a crit smash (our name for sweep) only does half of a standard enemy's health bar. It's just as easy to cut them down.

Also, the main reason I prefer Carnage/Combat? 15% movement speed bonus in Ataru form. It's great for PvP while leveling and it's great to make questing go faster.

I've heard reports that the 15% movespeed increase doesn't stack with sprint or your speeder though.

It does. It's how I get to the Huttball first most of the time. Only time I get beaten to it is if a tank decides to tromp through the acid (Dumb move.), or an Inq/Cons decides to sprint through it with a shield up.

Rage is pretty situational in PVP. Especially with one of your openers allowing you to do decent damage being linked to an interruptible channel, while the other is linked to a skill with a fairly long cooldown.

I'd recommend carnage. It melts faces, doesn't make you set up a long combo to stab things properly, and you get a lot more control over fights in PVE and PVP.

Just realize that both Rage and Carnage are the "My spec in real life is pianist" trees. With carnage being the worst of the bunch, and probably the worst class in the game for hotkey complexity. A good carnage player is pretty much unstoppable in PVP, however, and you're almost always guaranteed to take at least one person with you before you die in no win situations.

Archonex on
  • 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    For my Sent/Marauder homies: Has anyone tried the Annihilation/Watchman trees? If so, does it bode better for PvE, or PvP? (I'm thinking PvE). So far I'm using the Focus/Rage tree, and it's....okay. Obliterate is a nice ability for extra burst damage, but so far, that's the only standout I've hit at 28 for the class.

With a little dabbling in PvP, I'm primarily PvE with my Marauder -so any advice would be welcome.

• RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    At 34 I have run out of steam on my Marauder. I find it very difficult to continue leveling when a group of 4 standard enemies leaves me almost dead, even with a healer companion. It's boring/frustrating when I have to channel rage after every single fight for almost the entire channel bar, while I watch my girlfriend on her sorcerer kill 3 groups before she has to stop, not for health, but for force.

basically, it feels like leveling a warrior in WoW pre-wotlk. That was painful enough for me to do once, but not twice. Glass cannon + melee damage does not make for a very fun combination.

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    3lwap0 wrote:
    For my Sent/Marauder homies: Has anyone tried the Annihilation/Watchman trees? If so, does it bode better for PvE, or PvP? (I'm thinking PvE). So far I'm using the Focus/Rage tree, and it's....okay. Obliterate is a nice ability for extra burst damage, but so far, that's the only standout I've hit at 28 for the class.

With a little dabbling in PvP, I'm primarily PvE with my Marauder -so any advice would be welcome.

For pvp, its great. You get reduced cooldowns on force leap and force kick and some nice utility fillers to choose from. Your dots are good consistent damage and you get burst damage at level 40 with Merciless Strike.

For pve, I haven't tried focus or combat, so all I can say is that I've been leveling as Watchman with absolutely no downtime. Before getting my healer, I'd send in T7 first to tank. He'd take all the damage and I'd take none, and I'd just resummon him to instantly refill his health. After getting my healer I just chain pull. Once you hit the 40s, normal mobs do live a little bit longer and you can run dots on them for a bit, so the self heals make a big difference.

Edit: Actually, the biggest thing in favor of Watchman for leveling is the first tier of it: Focus cost of Force Sweep/Cyclone Slash reduced by two and cost of Slash reduced by 1.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I've been levelling as Combat and it's definitely tough early on. You will have to heal up after every single fight, that's just how it is. The spec (and the class) really only comes on its own around level 30 or so. Every since I've got my healer companion (around level 35) it's been a blast levelling as combat though. Things die fast and your companion will keep you alive well enough - just don't expect to solo any heroic quests.
    Jephery wrote:
    Edit: Actually, the biggest thing in favor of Watchman for leveling is the first tier of it: Focus cost of Force Sweep/Cyclone Slash reduced by two and cost of Slash reduced by 1.

Yeah, those two skills are amazing. I'd even go as far as saying take these and then go up the Combat tree.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Maddoc wrote:
    For a Sniper, Corrosive Dart should not even be on your bar unless you're Lethality spec.

Seriously, over its duration it does less damage than Snipe, procs nothing, costs the same, and can fuck up your energy rotation because it is instant cast.

If you are Marksman or Engineering, forget Corrosive Dart even exists, seriously. You're better off using that energy firing off another Snipe.

Any other abilties I can drop off my hotbar as Sniper spec? Seriously, I'm getting carpal tunnel from all the crazy contortions I have to put my fingers through.

Up until I got Doctor Lokin, I was ready to give up on my Sniper entirely because a Silver + 2 normal mobs would wreck Kaliyo and nearly kill me.

I am not proficient in theorycraft, I depend on those smarter than me to tell me what I can/can't live without.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    After a point you can probably drop Overload Shot off your bar. My standard energy-less attack deals almost as much damage as Overload Shot.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Beltaine wrote:
    Up until I got Doctor Lokin, I was ready to give up on my Sniper entirely because a Silver + 2 normal mobs would wreck Kaliyo and nearly kill me.

Let me guess, that shithole called Taris and its Rakghouls? *shudders from the horrible memories*

Edit:

Can you stomach progressing until you get Orbital Strike? It is basically a normal mob eliminator.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • ZarathustraEckZarathustraEck Ubermensch now with stripes!Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote:
    Maddoc wrote:
    For a Sniper, Corrosive Dart should not even be on your bar unless you're Lethality spec.

Seriously, over its duration it does less damage than Snipe, procs nothing, costs the same, and can fuck up your energy rotation because it is instant cast.

If you are Marksman or Engineering, forget Corrosive Dart even exists, seriously. You're better off using that energy firing off another Snipe.

Any other abilties I can drop off my hotbar as Sniper spec? Seriously, I'm getting carpal tunnel from all the crazy contortions I have to put my fingers through.

I am not proficient in theorycraft, I depend on those smarter than me to tell me what I can/can't live without.

I'm trying to figure out when I should be using the channeled rapidfire attack on my Gunslinger. I know when I've got the alacrity buff stacked up to 3, I'm getting the damage out in a hurry... but I'm not sure whether it's worth the energy cost.

The top skill in the skill tree seems to suggest that I should be using it all the frickin' time... I just don't know how one can maintain that.

See you in Town,
    -Z
    edited January 2012
    I feel the same way when using Series of Shots. On paper, it seems like it is designed for its energy cost to fish for crits (3 shots for 20 energy) for the Reactive Shots talent to refresh Ambush quicker. However, without a combat parser, just spamming snipe instead feels just as effective.

I would probably change my habits if Rapid Fire activation removed the channel from Series of Shots.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I feel like I may be playing my BH Powertech Advanced Prototype DPS in a strange sort of hybrid way, and was wondering if anyone else had come to any of the same conclusions, or could dispute my thinking. I use the tank Gas Cylinder, Ion Gas, So I guess this boils down to how I see the comparison between these 2 gas cylinder options:

Spoiler of background Explanation:
    I just hit lvl 50 on Sunday, and when Im not switching to tank spec for instances, I like this spec enough that I plan to keep it. But it seems like Im not playing the spec with the designed ammo cylinder. I went with the Advanced Prototype tree while leveling, because the other tree seemed more dot based, and I felt like the burst dmg would be better for leveling. Also the top ability seemed cooler. Along the way, I picked up the 2 High Energey Gas Cylinder specific talents, Pnuematic Boots (15% move speed) and Prototype Ventilation (8 Heat bleed). But I found myself sticking with Ion Gas Cylinder most of the time. Id do slightly less dmg, but take less dmg, and I felt like I came out ahead. The movement seemed like a waste (only useful in combat since it doesnt stack with sprint, and even in PVP im not having trouble getting in range of people), and after getting Incinerate ability at 40, heat was no problem while soloing and in pvp. I think the Prototype Ventilation would be necessary to DPS in heroics or Ops, but then Id probaly go Pyrotech spec anyway.

High Energy Gas Cylinder:
    The following abilities will do 8% more dmg (talented from 5%)
    Incinerate, Flame Burst, Retractable Blade (Bleed portion only), Flamethrower + Flame Sweep (uncommonly used, only when AOEing)
    *In addition, can talent for 15% movmement speed bonus, which may not be necessary.
    *In addition, can talent for 8 Heat bleed, which may only be useful for Heroics/Ops.

During an average fight, Id say Im generous to say about half my DPS comes from these abilities. So its maybe a 4% overal DPS increase

Ion Gas Cylinder:
    I block 20% of the dmg from 20% of attacks (yes I know the uproar that block is broken so who knows what this amounts to)
    I have much more armor, and so dmg is further reduced by some unkown amount.
    I have a random chance to do some Ion Dmg, small but it offsets the dmg loss compared to HEGC
    I can Guard and Taunt (rarely needing soloing, but fantastic + in PVP)
    *In addition, can talent to auto trigger Ion Gas via Rocket Punch, and add an Ion Gas Bleed effect.
    *In addition, can talent for IG to trigger a slow on the target.

Again, taking a fair guess, lets say I take 5% less dmg with Ion Gas up. Its probably closer to 10%. Lets say those Ion Gas dmg procs give me an overall DPS boost of 1%. So a direct comparison between these Gas Cylinders is to do 3% more dmg, or take 5% less.

Now here is the kicker, the optional talents for HE Gas are only situationally useful, while the Optional talents for Ion Gas are better (why I respecced in the mid 40s). If you dont have heat or movement speed problems while soloing or pvping, then this spec is better for you.

My only problem is, either HEGC was designed poorly, or I am missing something. It doesnt help the comparison that so far, "shield" off hands have almost exactly the same stats as "DPS" off hands.

Octavian on
    PSN: TitusPullo13
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Last night, much gnashing of teeth was had. The following has some major plot spoilers for the Imperial Agent storyline, but I feel I have to share my pain, and maybe learn from it (or, if it happened to you, what you did to resolve it):
    I had just gotten to the Artus system, to confront the "mysterious patron" that turned out to be Darth Jadus. I chose to sacrifice the lives of millions of people to stop him (and man, was Vector pissed at me... I actually went into negative affection with him. At any rate, I then sabotage the ship, and Watcher 2 tells me that I can't beat him in combat, but we can trap him in a force field. Of course the only way to do this is to you know, fight him. But whatever.

So for those of you that haven't done it, he is standing on the bridge at the top of 5 or six steps with two guards with him. First problem: no matter where I stand, I keep getting the "cannot see target" message. So, as a sniper, I can't use my openers, which accounts for a massive amount of damage. Great. He won't aggro unless I literally go up to him and click into him. And since he's melee, I couldn't get him to move out of there, so all ranged attacks wouldn't work. By the time I finally could, my companion was near death and he made quick work of me. He's a level 32 elite (but not elite-strong) enemy; I was 34 at the time.

So several attempts later, I finally figured out that I could get him to leave the platform and still let me use my openers: I would send Kaliyo up to attack him. She couldn't acquite him because of the "can't see target" bug, so she ran straight up to him and aggroed him. Meanwhile, I hung back on the bridge, in cover. Once the combat started, I immediately told her enter guard/passive stance; since she didn't have LOS, she "teleported" next to me. This brought Jadus to me. It was still tough, and my companion dropped, but I got him. At this point, I had to use a computer terminal to activate the first part of the force field to trap him. I do so; Watcher two tells me to strike him. One small problem: he's magically reappeared on the steps (and is again "unable to be seen" for a ranged attack) but I'm not out of combat! I can't revive my companion, nor can I use my ability to get my health back. So I die again. And again. And again. The only good thing is that I it appeared to remember that I already used the first computer console.

So to recap, I had to:

1. Defeat a 32 elite that has an endless supply of stuns/knockdowns (and uses them faster than I can use my interrupts),
    2. Use a computer console,
    3. Take him from 100% again, without any downtime,
    4. Use another computer console,
    5. AGAIN take him from 100%, without any downtime, and then finally his minions attack too,
    6. Use another computer console!

All of this made all the more difficult because the enemy is bugged out and can't be targeted at range. Supremely frustrating; I ended up having a buddy that was level 50 come and help and even then his companion dropped (yes, really) and the fight still took forever. I can't see doing that by myself, even if I was one or two levels higher. In fairness, I bet that it could have been avoided with other dialog choices, but what an incredibly skewed fight and awful mechanic. Or maybe I'm bad at the game, I don't know. I'm curious if anyone had a similar experience and what you did to resolve it.

And fellow snipers, what companion do you keep out? Vector is pretty awesome and I get a lot of affection faster than Kal, but he seems like he can't take a punch at all or keep the heat off of me. Is this normal? Or do I just need to up his gear?

DietarySupplement on
    After eating a death due to not being prepared for the brutality of the Chapter 1 finale, I used Kaliyo, interrupts, and med packs to buy enough time to drop the antagonist each phase.

As for companion use, I tend to use Ensign Temple the most due to the commonality in equipment makes it easier to keep her outfitted as well as her positive reactions to most of my lightsided/yay Empire choices.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Yeah, that fight cost me like 30k in repairs. Getting past the first stage was the worst I think and it required me to burn all my cooldowns (even the 20min cooldown one). Luckily I didn't experience the constant combat bug you did. Or maybe I did and I just let myself die? I died a lot so it's a total possibility.

As for companions, I used Vector until I maxed out his affection (so like level 49, hahaha, but I did it on Voss so...) and now I'm gunna try to use the last companion you get since its good for my crew skills and she should be the easiest to max out since it should get a fuckton of affection per choice.

Does anybody know when Snipers can use the Headshot skill (it has a melee equivalent and they share a cooldown)? Neither my flash grenade nor my stun (or my aoe knockback for that matter) allow me to trigger the skill.

And I assume it's pretty useless in raids since I assume bosses can't be incapacitated?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote:
    I feel the same way when using Series of Shots. On paper, it seems like it is designed for its energy cost to fish for crits (3 shots for 20 energy) for the Reactive Shots talent to refresh Ambush quicker. However, without a combat parser, just spamming snipe instead feels just as effective.

I would probably change my habits if Rapid Fire activation removed the channel from Series of Shots.

A bit late in responding, but it's worth noting that Reactive Shot does not cause Ambush to refresh any faster.

It simply reduces the activation time of your next Ambush from 2.5 seconds to 1.5 second.

emp123 wrote:
    Does anybody know when Snipers can use the Headshot skill (it has a melee equivalent and they share a cooldown)? Neither my flash grenade nor my stun (or my aoe knockback for that matter) allow me to trigger the skill.

And I assume it's pretty useless in raids since I assume bosses can't be incapacitated?
    Headshot/Eviscerate cannot be used on Elites, only Strong and below. It'll work on all incap status, though (Debilitate, Sleep Dart, and so on).

As an Operative-Medic, I thankfully didn't have that much trouble with the Chapter 1 Finale doing the fight the same way.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Maddoc wrote:
    GONG-00 wrote:

A bit late in responding, but it's worth noting that Reactive Shot does not cause Ambush to refresh any faster.

It simply reduces the activation time of your next Ambush from 2.5 seconds to 1.5 second.

Well egg on my face.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Spectrum wrote:
    emp123 wrote:

Headshot/Eviscerate cannot be used on Elites, only Strong and below. It'll work on all incap status, though (Debilitate, Sleep Dart, and so on).

As an Operative-Medic, I thankfully didn't have that much trouble with the Chapter 1 Finale doing the fight the same way.

So its not useful in raids or pvp. Fantastic.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    Spectrum wrote:
    emp123 wrote:

Plenty of Strong enemies in FPs! Dunno about Ops

But yeah, not great during FPs even either really

• TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Maddoc wrote:
    emp123 wrote:
    Spectrum wrote:
    emp123 wrote:

Torhead says that it doesn't cost any energy, but it also says that it doesn't have a cooldown which I know is false. I'm assuming it does cost energy though I'm too lazy to check right now. I haven't used it on my operative since I got lacerate.

It would be useful if it worked in PVP, but it's not like either advanced class is hurting for offensive abilities.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
    Taranis wrote:
    Maddoc wrote:
    emp123 wrote:
    Spectrum wrote:
    emp123 wrote:

Torhead says that it doesn't cost any energy, but it also says that it doesn't have a cooldown which I know is false. I'm assuming it does cost energy though I'm too lazy to check right now. I haven't used it on my operative since I got lacerate.

It would be useful if it worked in PVP, but it's not like either advanced class is hurting for offensive abilities.
    It's something like a 45ish second cooldown.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Yeah I have head shot in my action bar, but I rarely use it; I guess I didn't realize that flash bang made it so I could use it. But even then, it seems like a colossal pain in the ass, when I could just keep spamming snip/follow-through.

And while I can't speak for other classes or abilities, why did they make it so elite enemies can't be targeted with certain abilities. I can understand the elite-strong enemies, since they are true "bosses" in flashpoints or heroic areas. But I can't see how it would be a combat-breaking thing to allow us to use them on elites.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Between my Sorc and my Bounty Hunter, I was under the impression that it's just one ability, and every class has one just like it: 45 second cooldown, only works on sub-elite mobs that are incapacitated, and generally destroys them. Tumult on the Sorc, Rocket Charge (or shoulder charge, or whatever) on the BH. Sounds like Headshot is the IA version.

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    Knights actually get two of them. Its kind of silly having two skills on my bar for the sole purpose of blowing up normals.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    When killing "less than elites first" is the primary kill order for FPs, I'd say a power that kills them quickly would be baller. My problem with it is the incap requirement. We tend to use incaps/stuns on elites in order to slow them down as they take longer to burn.

Otherwise, these powers would be great. People still have a real problem getting out of the standard MMO thinking that "elite = damage" whereas in SWTOR, all the mobs can do as much damage as the elites.. the elites just have more life. It drives me nuts when I'm running level 40+ FPs and folks are still dogpiling the elites first. It's like the mobs have tanks of thier own and that little gold star is a taunt to players.

• IceyIcey Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Riale wrote:
    At 34 I have run out of steam on my Marauder. I find it very difficult to continue leveling when a group of 4 standard enemies leaves me almost dead, even with a healer companion. It's boring/frustrating when I have to channel rage after every single fight for almost the entire channel bar, while I watch my girlfriend on her sorcerer kill 3 groups before she has to stop, not for health, but for force.

basically, it feels like leveling a warrior in WoW pre-wotlk. That was painful enough for me to do once, but not twice. Glass cannon + melee damage does not make for a very fun combination.

This seems weird to me. I'm at 40 with my Annihilation tree Marauder and the only time I ever have down time is when I face groups of silver or single gold enemies. This is with Quinn in his healing stance. Regular enemies die very quickly to the DoTs. I do wish the other companions were more useful, though.

Edit: Thinking about it, I have probably been consistently over-leveled by two or three levels.

Icey on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I'm making a Jedi Sentinel, so I wanted to ask a few things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Strength is my main stat of concern. I'm guessing Endurance is next? What other stats should I look out for?

What crew skills would you recommend for a Sentinel?

Lastly, I'm thinking of taking that spec that uses burn effects (Watchman, I think it is). Has anyone had any experience with that spec?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I use headshot with my gunslinger when clearing through trash soloing. Mostly stuff that just gets next to me and I kick in the balls. But it is pretty useless most of the time and is on a far corner of my quickslot because of this. Though double slapping people is pretty funny with cheapshot and pistol whip.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I'm making a Jedi Sentinel, so I wanted to ask a few things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Strength is my main stat of concern. I'm guessing Endurance is next? What other stats should I look out for?

What crew skills would you recommend for a Sentinel?

Lastly, I'm thinking of taking that spec that uses burn effects (Watchman, I think it is). Has anyone had any experience with that spec?

Strength, Power, Crit, Surge are all good for a Sent

You'll get Endurance naturally on virtually everything, so don't go out of your way to gear for it

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    My Sniper just picked up Series of Shots and Holy Moley does that make a big difference in PVE. Where previously I had to chip away at tough targets through a Grenade/Poison/Cull combo, now I just whistle "Jingle Bells" while waiting for Series of Shots to cool down.

Snipers get Cull? Im level 50 and Im pretty sure I dont have Cull. Unless I got it at 50...

emp123 wrote:
    Snipers get Cull? Im level 50 and Im pretty sure I dont have Cull. Unless I got it at 50...

They do if you go Lethality

Maddoc wrote:
    emp123 wrote:

They do if you go Lethality

Did not know it was a talent, hahaha.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Pretty handy, too, it ticks off Corrosive Grenade and Poison Dart.

Fairchild on
  • Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    a Marauder vs Sentinel question
    have a marauder, happy with it, decided some 3 days ago to look at the sentinel forums too, just to see if there is any additional info, then I ran across this talent description:
    "Your Ataru Form hits have a [50 / 100]% chance to make your next focus spender deal 10% more damage."

wait what?
    I play carnage, I know it says 15/30% for the same talent on my marauder
    is this just some tool tip mistake or some big fuck up?

can someone playing combat sentinel confirm if the thing procs 100% of the time?

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Enosh20 wrote:
    a Marauder vs Sentinel question
    have a marauder, happy with it, decided some 3 days ago to look at the sentinel forums too, just to see if there is any additional info, then I ran across this talent description:
    "Your Ataru Form hits have a [50 / 100]% chance to make your next focus spender deal 10% more damage."

wait what?
    I play carnage, I know it says 15/30% for the same talent on my marauder
    is this just some tool tip mistake or some big fuck up?

can someone playing combat sentinel confirm if the thing procs 100% of the time?

This is probably just a tooltip error, like with the scoundrel/operative thing. I'd ask you to confirm that it's 30% for marauder, but noooo combat loggggggg :(

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Kainy wrote:
    This is probably just a tooltip error, like with the scoundrel/operative thing. I'd ask you to confirm that it's 30% for marauder, but noooo combat loggggggg :(

What's the scoundrel/operative thing?

EH28YFo.jpg