As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Congrats, Zayder to wed Khem in private ceremony! [SE++ TOR] Check the Roster

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Well, soloing as a marauder without companion can be pretty rough. If Minor is somewhat underlevel it'll suck to do that

Very much so. With a companion is good, because Quinn keeps me alive long enough to outlast anything, and Vette's ranged DPS lets us shred through most anything before it can kill me.

Alone, and slightly under-leveled, it's REALLY hard to stay alive long enough to kill things with a lot of HP.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    If you wanna hop on I'll tear it up with you

you ain't a light side dork or nothin are you

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Is the class quest at that point yellow or orange?

• Options
    I'll be on tomorrow night. I'll hit you up if you're around then! And yes, I am a Lightside dork. Mostly.

And I'm not sure what color it is. I'm thinking it's yellow. But I'm not at the computer right now.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Sadly, you can't have two sith warriors in the same sith warrior story instance.

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Actually turns out that there is a secret option that allows you to have two of the same class in the same class story instance!

It's in social options. Why the fuck it's not on by default I don't even know

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I think it makes the class quest choices binding for both, which may not be what some people want.

captaink on
  • Options
    There's also an option (that's turned on by default) to have nameplates scale themselves down depending on how far away people are.

Uncheck it and glance around the fleet station for nameplate fun.

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    I think it makes the class quest choices binding for both, which may not be what some people want.

Well, given that I've already done all of them, I think it shouldn't be too bad.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    captaink wrote:

Nah, I'm pretty sure it only ever counts for the "owner" of the phase, and everyone else is switched to spectator mode for any conversations.

• Options
    Javen wrote:
    captaink wrote:

Nah, I'm pretty sure it only ever counts for the "owner" of the phase, and everyone else is switched to spectator mode for any conversations.

This is what I heard, too. Meaning with 2 characters of the same class running together, you'd have to do each class quest fully twice by leaving and re-entering the zone. I suppose that could be annoying, so maybe that's why it's off by default?

Going through the story with a different class buddy is so much fun and so smoothly handled, though.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Javen wrote:
    captaink wrote:

This. So if you have two of the same class doing the same mission, you gotta do it twice.

Edit: That's what I get for not refreshing the page, I guess.

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Javen wrote:
    Bogey wrote:
    So that new Flashpoint being advertised on the Launcher (and due out next week) is the weird one I was given at the Fleet over a week ago, Tion Hegemony. It's still sitting in my Mission Log, and it's a level 50. I wonder if I can share it with you high-ups and you guys could check it out? I'll be on later tonight.

You shouldn't need to share it, once the patch rolls out everyone will be able to get the quest and I know I'll definitely want to check it out.
    The reason I wanted to share it was to see if you guys could go do it now.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    So last boss of hard boarding party

is a fucking bitch and a half

And our comp is doing us no favors on this fight either

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    yeah I'm squishy, you're melee

:<

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like that fight would be fine if the whole group were bounty hunters and Juggernauts.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i'm lvl 31 now, slowly making my way up

Just doing the bonus missions in Tatooine right now.

Is it possible to get the datacron in tatooine thats in the republic starting base?

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    No. The ones marked Republic/Empire Only on the various guides really are just that. Tatooine for instance, there's not even a way (that I know of at least) for an Imperial character to get to Anchorhead, or for a Republic to get to Mos Ila. Also the lore codex entries that you get with the datacrons are the same for the faction specific ones, i.e. both the Anchorhead and Mos Ila ones are about the Third Great Schism.

Also a thing I learned today: Quesh only has 3 datacrons, even though the codex says it has 5. Corellia has 7 though (codex says 5 also), and 2 of them go towards Quesh's count. So don't kill yourself trying to find the 4th/5th datacrons on Quesh, 'cause they don't exist.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I'm 64/67 right now, and I can tell you this. Whoever though that massive amounts of platforming in a game shitass awful physics was a good idea, needs to be horse flogged raw

• Options
    I keep thinking that I should get the crons on my tank, since it'd be a hefty bonus to stats, but then I just keep truckin on my pub dude

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    skadge suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Ugh I need more time to play

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Well, soloing as a marauder without companion can be pretty rough. If Minor is somewhat underlevel it'll suck to do that

Very much so. With a companion is good, because Quinn keeps me alive long enough to outlast anything, and Vette's ranged DPS lets us shred through most anything before it can kill me.

Alone, and slightly under-leveled, it's REALLY hard to stay alive long enough to kill things with a lot of HP.

For like 45 seconds the master is channeling some super deathstrike spell, ignore him until its almost done, then use your interrupt on him. You should have the acolyte almost dead / dead by then. Be sure to stim and have the very best medkit you can have around for it too.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    BYToady wrote:

For like 45 seconds the master is channeling some super deathstrike spell, ignore him until its almost done, then use your interrupt on him. You should have the acolyte almost dead / dead by then. Be sure to stim and have the very best medkit you can have around for it too.

An alternate solution is to focus solely on the master first, since the acolyte is a damage sponge (he uses Soresu form and everything). Burn the master down as fast as you can, since if you die and zone back into the mission he'll still be dead and then you only have the acolyte to deal with.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    the old guy took about 5 hits to kill on my jug, he's squishy as all get out.

• Options
    Lawndart wrote:
    BYToady wrote:

An alternate solution is to focus solely on the master first, since the acolyte is a damage sponge (he uses Soresu form and everything). Burn the master down as fast as you can, since if you die and zone back into the mission he'll still be dead and then you only have the acolyte to deal with.

I met up with Alecthar and his Sorc and we took them down in roughly 10 seconds. The Master really only took about 3 seconds of constant damage to go down. Much easier than I expected. Vette's commentary after the fight was well worth the trouble.

Also, after a week of soloing, it was great to get back to leveling with a partner. Everything just run so much more smoothly with a team.

• Options
    Angry wrote:
    the old guy took about 5 hits to kill on my jug, he's squishy as all get out.

Yeah, I found that to be true. I had been making the mistake of attacking the huge saber-wielding man-beast who was wailing on me.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Well finally made it to alderaan this morning, i'm almost lvl 34.

I like the look of the place but then everything feels so far away when you get out into the wilderness area. You can walk for a few minutes in some parts and not see any enemies so it makes it seem bigger and I already have the suspicion they are gonna make me run back and forth between huge areas for silly quest things.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    hey, we "beat" boarding party on hard mode

unfortunately we had to radically alter the meaning of beat, one which involves getting mission credit while wiping and then getting locked out instance meaning we can't retry to get the chest that probably would have been bugged anyway

End on
  • Options
    End wrote:
    hey, we "beat" bording party on hard mode

unfortunately we had to radically alter the meaning of beat, one which involves getting mission credit while wiping and then getting locked out the chest that probably would have been bugged anyway

We also "beat" the bonus boss, though we didn't even come close to wiping at all.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    we did reset it though :<
    or really, it reset when the droids failed to explode

End on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    End wrote:
    we did reset it though :<
    or really, it reset when the droids failed to explode

that despawned

for no fucking reason

this game is really, really starting to piss me off and not in the good way like dark souls

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I just have no drive to play this game right now. Just like Dark Souls

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    I'm having a lot of trouble getting inputs to register, especially on high level planets or in group situations. In group situations, at least so far, it hasn't been a huge problem, but if I don't start off certain combat encounters right when I'm soloing, my repair bill shoots up because I die constantly. I don't know what's causing it but it's incredibly irritating.

• Options
    At least the game hasn't forced me to use Skadge again. I'm having a real tough time using tank companions, because I don't really heal so much, and they just die most of the time. On my Jedi, I've found Kira works a little better because I can generally start a tough fight by picking up aggro, and then pull back when I take too much damage and let her pick up aggro, and then finish the job without being finished off. Where with someone like T7, I half to seriously dump damage in and hope he doesn't die until I have the guy down below 50%. And then I'm just hammering every cool down I have (minus the 20 minute one that requires an active companion because he just died) and then I die at like 5%

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I almost always use my 20-minute cooldown by accident
    It's to the point where I have lyrics memorized to the exciting "you just accidentally blew your cooldown while standing around in town" music that plays for 60 seconds

mkc.png
  • Options
    What level do you get the ability to send out more than 2 companions on missions at the same time?

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Lord Dave wrote:
    I almost always use my 20-minute cooldown by accident
    It's to the point where I have lyrics memorized to the exciting "you just accidentally blew your cooldown while standing around in town" music that plays for 60 seconds

Same. I use 1 through = for my hot keys. And then the same with shift and control modifiers. My 20-minute is on control-8, which is the same number as one of my most common battle abilities, and my mount hotkey.

I really should move it.

minor incident on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    What level do you get the ability to send out more than 2 companions on missions at the same time?

you generally get it a few levels after you get a new companion, I'm not sure of the actual spread. I thought it was every 10 levels at first.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    The Cademimu elevator is a crime. I feel victimized.

signature.png

This discussion has been closed.