As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

okcupid thread or i guess general dating thread

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I need to get to the gym and get my flabby midsection into shape

But then I will be the fat guy at the gym and I can't reconcile that so I just don't go

You can use my diet plan. It's called "Let your anxiety kill your appetite completely and lose 30 pounds in 3 months"

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    PiptheFair wrote:
    instead of going out and being with people I instead am home playin swtor

my plan is to masturbate before I go to bed and then problem wallow in my immense self loathing

being an unambitious dude playin video games is the basic audience for this site, so these posts are practically invisible to me
    Legba wrote:
    I think I've pretty much exhausted the OKCupid pool in Oslo. Once it starts matching you up with double digit enemies, you know you're in trouble.

Plan of action: Probably going to try meeting some girls outside of the internet (gasp!).

the rule does work!

ok, pizza time

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    mrmonroe you are cOOL dUDE

if you ever feel like you're a shit person you should probably remember that just about everyone is shittier of you than you are of them

like spiders except you cant crush them

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    naporeon wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:
    naporeon wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:
    PiptheFair wrote:

my plan is to masturbate before I go to bed and then problem wallow in my immense self loathing

Look I'm not seeing a problem here
    I'm in a room with three other forumers, playing SWTOR.

So basically I'm not seeing a problem with this either.

Are you jerking off
    I'm contemplating jerking off @Thanatos. Does that count?

No

Start jerking off, openly

Don't hide it

Just push your chair back, slide your pants down, and beat off furiously

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

But then I will be the fat guy at the gym and I can't reconcile that so I just don't go

You can use my diet plan. It's called "Let your anxiety kill your appetite completely and lose 30 pounds in 3 months"

• Options
    Buttlord wrote:
    naporeon wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:
    naporeon wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:
    PiptheFair wrote:

Look I'm not seeing a problem here
    I'm in a room with three other forumers, playing SWTOR.

So basically I'm not seeing a problem with this either.

Are you jerking off
    I'm contemplating jerking off @Thanatos. Does that count?

No

Start jerking off, openly

Don't hide it

Just push your chair back, slide your pants down, and beat off furiously

yo at least one of those computers has to have a webcam

• Options

if you ever feel like you're a shit person you should probably remember that just about everyone is shittier of you than you are of them

yo mama could, though

• Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    STOP THE MENTAL IMAGES
    AAAHH

damn visual brain!

mully on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I met a girl from okcupid and then we did it and now we have been dating for like three months.

We both have brain problems but it is going pretty okay.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i have an okcupid account but i ignore it despite chronic singleness

last time i checked it i had a bunch of messages but

i can't really figure out how to respond to an overture via the internet

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    godmode wrote:
    actually I should probably start chatting up ladies again

haven't in a while

I am just too lazy and content

NOW YOU HAVE TO TELL US YOUR PLAN

bronsonian revenge

I will bang ladies younger than me and get mail order guns

that or start chatting up ladies again

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    maybe it's going okay BECAUSE you both have brain problems
    ever think of that?

• Options
    AnosognosAnosognos Who wants to play video games?Registered User regular
    naporeon wrote:
    How about this? I'm in love with a wonderful lady. She's probably the smartest woman I've ever met, wonderfully funny, and her tastes differ from mine precisely enough to be interesting, but not enough to be irritating. Possibly most importantly, she is superhumanly patient with yours truly, who can be a little difficult to handle at times.

The problem is that she is practically engaged to another guy. I have pretty unorthodox views on relationships, so this doesn't bother me in and of itself, but we care deeply enough about each other that the doomed nature of our relationship has become less novel and romantic, and more annoying and sad.

And this is a pattern with me. Of my last four relationships, two have lived outside of the country, one was so mentally unstable as to preclude any hope of cohabitation (let alone marriage or kids), and one is the girl mentioned above. I suppose I avoid truly long-term relationships by only seeing women that logistics or lifestyle makes it difficult to remain attached to.

File this as "general dating", as opposed to "OKC".

Plan of action: Stop getting involved with women who are ultimately not available.

In all seriousness, that is really the best plan in this situation.

Beemo_Controller.png
  • Options

Nobody would give a shit about you being the fat guy at the gym. Just go to the gym.

Otherwise you will just keep feeling like shit and just be the fat guy at home.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    mully wrote:
    maybe it's going okay BECAUSE you both have brain problems
    ever think of that?

Yeah actually. We have both learned a lot because of our respective issues, and it makes things easier. Also having somebody who understands depressions helps.

• Options
    Artreus wrote:

Nobody would give a shit about you being the fat guy at the gym. Just go to the gym.

Yeah, for real. I'm always thinking "Man what does that person think of me because I'm doing ____" or whatever if I'm out in public

but it's like

who cares? They don't know what I'm thinking and I'll most likely never know them on a personal level

But anxiety

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    oh, monroe, if that was a serious post you can always vent to me

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I found that trying to meet girls over the internet was way hard for me but in person i had way more success.
    Artreus wrote:

To add on to this, you could start with doing some jogging/running around your neighborhood. Cardio does a lot for you especially if you're trying to lose weight or a flabby midsection.

• Options
    AnosognosAnosognos Who wants to play video games?Registered User regular
    It's the most important thing along with not eating a lot of high calorie junk. You can get rid of a gut outside the gym just as easy as inside. That's not to say it's easy at all if you love food. But social anxiety isn't an excuse here.

Beemo_Controller.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    dis is me http://www.okcupid.com/profile/gungnir85

ok so basically i met chantelle around the end of october? our first date was oct 30th or something

we hit it off tremendously, she was smart, funny, i meet her daughter (super cute) and cat (a tiny panther)

she lives where i grew up, went to my same school, we even have mutual friends!! small world huh etc etc

i saw her every single weekend for a month, sometimes going up to see her during the week

hell i even got her to make an account here and start reading homestuck

things were fine, everything was 'this is great you are great' until her dad died

and she dumped me

whole bunch of stuff happened after that basically leaving a huge fucking bitter taste in my mouth

my plan of action is to be a despondent piece of shit and wallow in selfpity until i manage to meet another girl on a dating website

• Options
    I weighed 165 last October and a couple weeks ago I was ~130-135

I wish I had taken a before shot because I don't really notice a difference. I've still got a little gut and muffin top, but my pants are all too big now. I think all of the weight came from my butt

• Options
    keith, did your butt, in fact, quit

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    without even giving two weeks notice

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    peter64 wrote:
    I just want to say that the last one of these threads convinced me to sign up with okcupid. I met a nice young lady and we have been dating ever since. Thank you very much for showing me this website.
    the last thread convinced me to do the same thing

and now i don't need an okcupid profile

this feels like an infomercial testomonial

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should probably give okcupid another shot

But last run was not enjoyable at all

I usually just stumble into relationships/banging

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    oh cool i found a comprehensive list of fetishes

whats the name of that site that lets you anonymously tell your secrets, i can Do a Thing

• Options
    you tell me all of them and then I pinky swear not to tell anyone

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    I might look into you know, uh...dating...once I get my life back on track

and have a job and my own place again

• Options
    also when grade school classes resume

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I made an okcupid account for my bunnytar and they took down all my pictures, but left the rest of the account alone? Man what is the point even?

There are dudes out there that are creepy into bunnies, probably.

• Options

i meant for the whole forum im not scared of sharing my orrible horrible sexlikes

• Options

the last temp job I went to the girl I was working with said shit and then said "wait how old are you"

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular

but wouldn't it be great if I could crush them like arachnids?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

i meant for the whole forum im not scared of sharing my orrible horrible sexlikes

well you have my full and undivided attention

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options

i'm waiting

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    mensch gets off to TLBxKeith erotic fiction

• Options
    she'd get pregnant off nonfiction

• Options
    Keith wrote:

the last temp job I went to the girl I was working with said shit and then said "wait how old are you"

I would've asked you about walter matthau, personally

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Keith wrote:

I would've asked you about walter matthau, personally

I'm less Dennis the Menace and more Problem Child

• Options
    oviposition

and only oviposition

This discussion has been closed.