Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

DB Connectivity issue?

FishmanFishman I find your inability to differentiate between 'corruption' and 'feminism' disturbingRegistered User regular
I had this pop up about 15 minutes ago:

"An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database" SQLSTATE[HY000] [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 110 LOCATION: /var/www/frontend/library/database/class.database.php > 51: $this->_Connection = new PDO(strtolower($this->Engine) . ':' . $this->Dsn, $this->User, $this->Password, $this->ConnectionOptions); > 52: if($this->ConnectionOptions[1002]) > 53: $this->Query($this->ConnectionOptions[1002]); > 54: } catch (Exception $ex) { >>> 55: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database', $this->ClassName, 'Connection', $ex->getMessage()), E_USER_ERROR); > 56: } > 57: } > 58: > 59: return $this->_Connection; BACKTRACE: [/var/www/frontend/library/database/class.database.php] PHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler(); [/var/www/frontend/library/database/class.database.php 55] PHP::trigger_error(); [/var/www/frontend/library/database/class.database.php 277] Gdn_Database->Connection(); [/var/www/frontend/library/database/class.sqldriver.php 1640] Gdn_Database->Query(); [/var/www/frontend/library/database/class.sqldriver.php 663] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query(); [/var/www/frontend/applications/dashboard/models/class.rolemodel.php 60] Gdn_SQLDriver->Get(); [/var/www/frontend/applications/dashboard/models/class.rolemodel.php 70] RoleModel->Get(); [/var/www/frontend/plugins/RoleProtect/class.roleprotect.plugin.php 35] RoleModel->GetArray(); [/var/www/frontend/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 518] RoleProtectPlugin->__construct(); [/var/www/frontend/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 663] Gdn_PluginManager->GetPluginInstance(); [/var/www/frontend/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 605] Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandler(); [/var/www/frontend/library/core/class.pluggable.php 113] Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandlers(); [/var/www/frontend/library/core/class.dispatcher.php 183] Gdn_Pluggable->FireEvent(); [/var/www/frontend/index.php 55] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

I got shunted to Forums Overloaded page on refresh.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.