Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Hello.

joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Parental UnitRemulakRegistered User regular
edited December 2011 in Social Entropy++
inigo.jpg

My name is Inigo Montoya.

You killed my father.

Prepare to die.

247233-inigo_montoya_large.jpg

princessbride.jpg

Look, I'm not going to do that internet thing where I act like my opinion is the only valid one. But seriously. It is actually impossible to hate this movie if you have a single shred of taste in your body.

It has literally everything you could ever want from a movie. Peter Falk as the narrator. Sword fights. Pirates. Revenge. The Fire Swamps. Giant rat monsters. Killer eels. Andre the god damn Giant. Poison. Intrigue. True love. Mawwiage. The Cliffs of Insanity. Christopher Guest as one of the two bad guys. Chris Sarandon as the other big bad. Chases. Cary fucking Elwes. Billy Crystal. A holocaust cloak. The Pit of Despair. Mandy Patinkin getting his drunk ass dunked in water over and over again. Humor. Romance. You'll laugh! You'll cry!

On the off chance that there is a single soul on these boards who hasn't seen this movie, you have done yourself a great disservice your entire life. This movie is so classic and timeless that my kids watch it over and over, and my daughter is only 3 years old. I've seen it a billion times and I still get goosebumps during the scene when Inigo Montoya gets into the climactic battle that sets the standard for every revenge scene to come after.

joshofalltrades on
ElJeffe wrote: »
I get by on the knowledge that I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time mucking about inside of my asshole anyway