As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hello.

1181920212224»

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's because you're always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I love travis and I don't care who knows it

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Langly wrote:
    I love travis and I don't care who knows it

I really only know that, Flowers in the Window, and Driftwood

• TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    Those are all great. You know the chorus of Sing, too. This is because the word Sing over and over again comprises ~80% of it, which means I've just taught it you. You're welcome.

uGn5f.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    So apparently when the Princess Bride was first being adapted, they wanted Andre the Giant to play Fezzik, but he was a little out of their price range at the time.

So they settled and hired...Arnold Schwarzenegger.

However, the movie was in developmental hell for so long that he left the project and by the time they were finally ready to start filming, Arnold was now out of their price range. However, fortunately Andre was now affordable and he was the one they wanted anyways even if his back wouldn't let him do many of the stunts at this point in his life.

Also, Mandy Patinkin (Indigo) sometimes had trouble understanding Andre's lines, and so he would respond by slapping him to get him to concentrate.

When asked about his favorite part of filming the movie, Andre would remark that it was that nobody looked at him strangely, he was treated as equal to everyone else despite his size.

As a side note, Buttercup is occasionally referred to as a princess in the movie, despite being a farm girl who has not yet married the prince. This plot hole is actually solved in the book where Humperdinck cannot marry a commoner so he makes her the princess of a fictional country before announcing their engagement.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote:
    As a side note, Buttercup is occasionally referred to as a princess in the movie, despite being a farm girl who has not yet married the prince. This plot hole is actually solved in the book where Humperdinck cannot marry a commoner so he makes her the princess of a fictional country before announcing their engagement.

Isn't she a princess in the movie too? I could have sworn she was. That's how her and Wesley meet, isn't it? She's the princess and he's her farm boy?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    She was raised on the farm, landed gentry, and Wesley worked on the farm, Farm Boy.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    How did you people let an awesome thread about a rad movie turn into like 10 pages of retard-fencing?

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    shut up!!!

• denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    the internet

edited January 2012
    Good point.

Or like, I guess, touché, if I'm gonna carry the metaphor.

sarukun on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote:
    How did you people let an awesome thread about a rad movie turn into like 10 pages of retard-fencing?

I think it's been thoroughly documented that there are few things SE++ loves more than retard-fencing.

That reminds me, we need a cool new "Happenstance and Ribaldry" image for 2012.

If they ever release those photos of Osama bin Laden with a hole in his head, that should be the image for 2011.

I nominate this image.

ows_superheroes38.jpg

edited January 2012
    I second, motion carries.

Get one of them artsy types to wrap things up, we're going out for scotch whiskey and whores.

PS- seriously, that picture's pretty great.

sarukun on
    I don't know why it popped into my head, but it is just too perfect.

Bar's pretty high, people.

Don't just stand there lollygagging (gaggy-lolling?), you're not going to beat that if you dither about all night.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    what is Happenstance and Ribaldry

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    a name for SE++ that was used for awhile

• TamTam Registered User regular
    god damn it, the gun handle in Langly's sig won't stop bothering me

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    it's bothering me now that you pointed it out

dick

Shorty on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote:

Turns out he wasn't left-handed either?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    god made man, but he used a monkey to do it! apes in the plan, we're all here to prove it!
    i can walk like an ape, talk like an ape, do what monkeys do! god made man, but a monkey supplied the glue.

God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs, God creates man, man destroys God, man creates dinosaurs.

sig.gif
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    what is Happenstance and Ribaldry

Every time I see someone post that I pause for a second thinking it's about me. Only to see that it isn't and that I can't feed off the attention to sustain myself.

MereHappenstance on
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    sarukun wrote:

Turns out he wasn't left-handed either?

I love this post.

In other news, rewatched this the other day and it really never gets old. Ever.