As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Go post in the new thread. This one's wrapped up. Get it?

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Anyone know if there is some kind of special sale for christmas eve or if it's just a regular sale?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Speaking of flight sims, the DCS games are currently on sale. DSC A-10C is $20 and DCS Black Shark is $10.

Yep. I'm probably grabbing Black Shark before the sale is over.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Klyka wrote:
    Anyone know if there is some kind of special sale for christmas eve or if it's just a regular sale?

I wouldn't be surprised if Christmas Day is a best-of recap of the more popular dailies from the first six days of the sale, with another recap of the second week or the whole sale on December 31st or New Year's Day.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    striderjg wrote:
    Would anyone like to trade coupons for the achievement?

I managed to turn my 7 coal into a coal :( , but at least it wasn't another coupon
    Really? That's not suppose to be possible.
    I thought I might have got mixed up with all the problems, but I double checked and it definately added up.

I know they said you can't get coal from the turn in... but now I can't find where they said it. Maybe they removed it.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I think Steam has definitely beefed up their servers since the summer sale. I haven't had the slightest hint of the usual problem with download speeds this time. Currently downloading DiRT3 at 1MB/s+, which for me is living at the foot of the cross.

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Thanks a lot to Sven! Who made the decision for me and gifted me E.Y.E.! Classy gent wouldn't accept my lump of coal for the trade, but I told him that it was for the achievement... With the achievement I got another lump of coal, so it worked in the end, I guess.
    cckerberos wrote:
    Got my first gift for doing the Frozen Synapse achievement... Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor.

Any good? I didn't get it back when it was in the Trine bundle.

Well... I played all the way through the first one, it's a pretty nice shooter, run around with AWSD, aim with the mouse, bad voice acting and you can finish it in a couple of hours, I actually bought it thinking it had online co-op, but it only has local, I think the second one has online, but never tried it.

Guys, I tried setting up an account to get the Frozen Synapse achievement and the game just waited registering my account, anyone having this problem?

Edit.- Nevermind, managed to get the achievement playing offline.

Joe Camacho MKII on
    steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    striderjg wrote:
    Speaking of flight sims, the DCS games are currently on sale. DSC A-10C is $20 and DCS Black Shark is $10.
    I Know! I'm waiting, but i'll probably get a-10. It's the falcon of this decade and how do I pass up a actual sale on a flight sim (games with 10+ year life spans.)

Oh, and speaking of Falcon, if you still have your Falcon 4.0 disc: http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/

• Options
    ihsviksihsviks Listen up, Fignuts! Registered User regular
    And is the trading objective not all screwy now? Anyone free to help a crustacean nab more coal/useless coupons? I've got a -50% Valve and a -50% AAAaaAAAaaa coupon if anyone wanted one of those as well.

I'm free to help ya out Monsieur @Elderlycrawfish. :)

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I come back from a supremely awkward dinner, the first of many (couple birthdays around Christmas, joy) to find @CustomSpecial and @mantherewolf have both gifted me games, Swarm Arena and Bioshock respectively. Thanks for making the holidays a little more bearable!

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Also received a classy E.Y.E. gift from @Sven, who wishes that it will help with my trains. Well, you are free to ride in first class when my Railworks empire is created. Thanks!

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Corpekata wrote:
    I come back from a supremely awkward dinner, the first of many (couple birthdays around Christmas, joy) to find @CustomSpecial and @mantherewolf have both gifted me games, Swarm Arena and Bioshock respectively. Thanks for making the holidays a little more bearable!

Corp, have you not played BioShock yet?

sig.gif

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Sheep wrote:
    Anyone wanna play EYE multi?

id - sheeeeeeep

Sorry for the off-topic but, after that ID all I can think of is this:

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    this god damn sale

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:

I have, though only about halfway through on Xbox 360 when it red ringed on me. So I will take up the rest of the journey.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    signature.png

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    starman is a classy and shiny star and has gifted me the gift of train.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I got the achievement for trading but it looks like the trade never went through.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I... Don't even...

Cloud2go%20Dec%2023,%202011%2010:48%20PM.png

Uh, thank you @Banzai5150? I guess?

=]

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Handkor wrote:
    striderjg wrote:
    I Know! I'm waiting, but i'll probably get a-10. It's the falcon of this decade and how do I pass up a actual sale on a flight sim (games with 10+ year life spans.)

Yeah DSC A-10C has been in my wishlist too. It's one of my favorite planes.

As much as I want a Simmer's Sim game, I've never been a fan of the A-10.

Now the Blackshark one, on the other hand...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    SvenSven Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Grabbed a 4 pack, gave away 2 in a random asking. Heres the last copy.

signature.png

Sven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    In retrospect I shouldn't have made this giveaway so long. Oh well, here you go.

signature.png

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    Idx86 wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:

I have, though only about halfway through on Xbox 360 when it red ringed on me. So I will take up the rest of the journey.

Awesome. I got it for doing the Trading achievement earlier and saw it on your wishlist. Figured why the hell not give it to someone who might get some use out of it.

As a side note, Unco sent me a copy of EYE! installing it now, cant wait to try it.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Can someone help me with the Greed Corp cheevo?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    When you are gifted Railworks, it means you have made it in this country. Or so I keep telling myself.

sig.gif

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh snap, he gave you the deluxe version of Railworks

• Options
    Echo wrote:
    In retrospect I shouldn't have made this giveaway so long. Oh well, here you go.

signature.png

I would honor your Steamgifts contest with an enrollment, and sing your classy praises. Alas, I do not own the base game.

sig.gif

• Options
    Drovek wrote:
    Handkor wrote:
    striderjg wrote:

As much as I want a Simmer's Sim game, I've never been a fan of the A-10.

Now the Blackshark one, on the other hand...

I was once like you.... now the A-10 is one of my favorite planes.

I haven't bought Black Shark yet because I just enjoy flying fixed wing craft more, but I'm always tempted to give it a try.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Idx86 wrote:
    Echo wrote:

signature.png

I would honor your Steamgifts contest with an enrollment, and sing your classy praises. Alas, I do not own the base game.

Then click away, because this is the Content Pack with the base game + all the DLC!

edit: actually I picked the wrong product, but it's the base game + DLC.

Echo on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    ok, so Im about to buy Back to the Future... should I get Rage with it or hold off?

and what about From Dust? did they ever work out the problems from when it first released?

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    @matthasaproblem has given me a copy of Frozen Synapse. A classy gentleman, indeed.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I... Don't even...

Cloud2go%20Dec%2023,%202011%2010:48%20PM.png

Uh, thank you @Banzai5150? I guess?

=]

One of us! One of us!

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a magicka coupon? If they exist. I have coupons for Multiwinia, Sequence, Valve, and Psychonauts. Also willing to part with a copy of Terraria.

1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    Yeah, I picked the wrong product on Steamgifts. But my inventory says:
    ncludes 4 items: Section 8®: Prejudice™, Section 8: Prejudice Blitz Pack, Section 8: Prejudice Overdrive Map Pack, Section 8: Prejudice Frontier Colonies Map Pack

So go nuts.

signature.png

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Echo wrote:
    Idx86 wrote:
    Echo wrote:

signature.png

Then click away, because this is the Content Pack with the base game + all the DLC!

Are you sure? I can't enter the contest at all, because I don't have the base game.

EDIT: Steamgifts doesn't let you enter a contest for DLC if you don't own the base game.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    Echo wrote:
    Idx86 wrote:
    Echo wrote:

signature.png

Bad news then, Steam will look to see if you have Section 8 installed since the giveaway was selected as DLC. Just double checked the giveaway and it says "Missing base game" so I can't enter.

If anyone else wants to double check to make sure it's not specific to me, that might be helpful.

sig.gif

• Options
    Oh damnit. :x

Guess the safest thing is to let this one expire and then make a proper one.

• Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    Whoop whoop, grabbed From Dust, Frozen Synapse, and Saints Row the Third today. I really have to hand it to THQ, they have always been exceedingly generous with Steam sales. SR3 has been out what, two months, if that?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ihsviksihsviks Listen up, Fignuts! Registered User regular
    @Elderlycrawfish is hereby known to be a classy gentleman for gifting me Dungeons of Dredmor.
    Helped turn my craptastic week into a pleasant one. Thanks again!

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Handkor wrote:
    striderjg wrote:

Well, how bout you boys join us in the flight sim thread:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/142393/fly-on-dcs-a-10c-dcs-black-shark-lomac-fc2-combat-flight-simulation/p1

link followed and will read through. Ocd me from page 1:)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote:
    Echo wrote:
    Idx86 wrote:
    Echo wrote:

signature.png

Bad news then, Steam will look to see if you have Section 8 installed since the giveaway was selected as DLC. Just double checked the giveaway and it says "Missing base game" so I can't enter.

If anyone else wants to double check to make sure it's not specific to me, that might be helpful.

Just tried it, can't enter because I don't have the based game.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.