As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dark Souls] If only I could be so grossly incandescent (as Durante) - Res fix in OP

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    the archives are a nightmare on NG+

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    It's the first area since Blightown that really makes me wish there was a 'pillage' option where I could strip it of anything ov value and then burn it to the fucking ground after beating the area boss.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just got summoned by someone for the boss. They also summoned the npc. we kicked ass. I made sure to cut off the tail for the host. Get them a unique weapon at least.

I didn't realize I'd get humanity and a few thousand souls for doing it though so bonus.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Gonna boot this game back up after a two week honeymoon/vacation/hiatus. I'm excited to get some more Forest Hunter PvP in.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Does anyone have Black Knight Greataxe and are within the level range of a level 70 character?

• Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    If you're level 70, maybe you're close to finishing the game? Then you can farm one in the Kiln of the first flame.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Just a heads up.

Oct 8, several threads ago, my TV bust a vaccuum tube or some shit and LG is under warranty to fix it.

Still haven't received TV back.

I wonder if I can claim lost game time against them? Like they have to pay for my day1 purchase.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I have a Black Knights Sword, which is pretty much destroying all of the non boss enemies. I ran through some forest and got a bunch of armour from a dead corpse near a golem of some sort. And yet, I still can't beat this damned demon that has a bunch of dogs with him.
    :(

• Options
    Rizzi wrote:
    I have a Black Knights Sword, which is pretty much destroying all of the non boss enemies. I ran through some forest and got a bunch of armour from a dead corpse near a golem of some sort. And yet, I still can't beat this damned demon that has a bunch of dogs with him.
    :(

The biggest trick is either being able to block his first swing without staggering or dodging it entirely. Equip whatever armor gives you the best poise and up your endurance. The second part is getting around him and up the stairs, after which the fight becomes cake.

• Options
    I'm going to start pouring points in to Endurance and Vitality soon. Just gotta get a few more points of strength and dexterity. Is there a decent shield anywhere near me? I'm using a Knights Shield +1, iirc.

• Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Rizzi wrote:
    I'm going to start pouring points in to Endurance and Vitality soon. Just gotta get a few more points of strength and dexterity. Is there a decent shield anywhere near me? I'm using a Knights Shield +1, iirc.
    Look through all your shields with 100% physical reduction and find the one with the most stability. Upgrade that until it asks for something bigger than titanite shards (make sure the upgrades are actually improving stability though). Shards are a dime a dozen, so don't worry about wasting them. That should be more than enough to get you through the Capra demon. Once you've beaten him, it's not that far to blight town and the eagle shield, which is one of, if not the best all around shields in the game as long as you don't care about parrying.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    I can't really upgrade any of my equipment...

my jagged ghost blade and whatever my shield is (from the corpses near the undead faking dead drake) need a special item and I only found two I used on the sword, my drake sword needs a special dragon item and I'm still rocking pyro gear.

I think I'm doing ok though. I one shot normal soldiers with either sword, two shot the knights, have fireballs for anything else.

Now I'm just unsure of where I should go next as always.

• Options
    the drake sword isn't really worth upgrading anyway

where are you? have you beaten the church gargoyles yet?

• Options
    Someone invaded my game and killed me with one hit. He summoned fire from the sky.
    The big jerk.

• Options
    Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    I never knew, never dreamed that tails could be so versatile and... deadly. Is this why they snip the tails of corgis?

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    the drake sword isn't really worth upgrading anyway

where are you? have you beaten the church gargoyles yet?

yeah that was my last accomplishment.

My friend told me the same about the drake sword so I'm just using it till I either get my jagged ghost blade to +3 or just find a straight up better weapon than either.

• Options
    jagged ghost blade probably isn't worth the materials either, although it is pretty decent for the level

anyway, without spoiling too much, I can tell you that you need to go to blighttown next, and that there are several ways you can get there

• Options
    Standard disclaimer: Blighttown is known as Fucktown for a reason.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, Ghost Blade isn't a good weapon. It's good at the very beginning of the game if you get it right at the start from a lucky drop but otherwise, it's pretty bad.

EDIT: Wait, Ghost Blade has bleed on it? Okay, it's a little better than I thought.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    BKGA + Havel Armor = Dead NG+ 4 kings.

Kind of sad that it became a battle of who can take the most beating, but, fuck it trying to fight it any other way.

Anyways, basically *story spoilers*
    Lord Gwyn is a giant pussy and is afraid of the dark? Really? So it's your job to kill Gwyn and plunge the world into darkness? Is this suppose to be the good ending?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Yeah, I've heard blighttown from a few people... I've heard Fucktown from a few more which is why I was kind of exploring around a bit.

Sigh. I guess I can head that way. Is the way down from firelink the easiest way there?

• Options
    Please tell me I get to kill the dragon that was on that bridge soon.
    It must suffer.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    BKGA + Havel Armor = NG+ 4 kings.

Kind of sad that it became a battle of who can take the most beating, but, fuck it trying to fight it any other way.

Anyways, basically *story spoilers*
    Lord Gwyn is a giant pussy and is afraid of the dark? Really? So it's your job to kill Gwyn and plunge the world into darkness? Is this suppose to be that good ending?

Story:
    Basically souls/fire are the source of Gwyn and the other lords/gods power. Fire/souls naturally entropy over time, weakening the gods. So Gwyn sacrificed himself and his black knights to rekindle the first flame, which presumably drove him insane or maybe made him undead. Then the player has the choice to become the new lord of cinder by rekindling the flame and continuing the era of the gods, or extinguishing the flame and entering the age of man. Whether either of these options will remove the curse of undeath is unclear, and whether the age of darkness will be good or shitty is also unclear. My opinion is that since causing the age of darkness is suggested by a genocidal worm that lives in a black hole, it is probably a bad thing.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Capra Demon dead.
    Should I head to the Depths now?

• Options
    Rizzi wrote:
    Please tell me I get to kill the dragon that was on that bridge soon.
    It must suffer.

you can try to kill it whenever you want, but it's pretty hard

• Options
    yeah... fuck that town.

Maybe I'll do the lower burg next instead

• Options
    edited January 2012
    yeah... fuck that town.

Maybe I'll do the lower burg next instead

The blowdart snipers do not respawn. This makes Fucktown (slightly) better.

Although, if you spend a little time in Darkroot farming Ents/Demon Bushes you will pick up a ton of blooming purple moss which instantly removes toxin/poison. Fucktown is far less annoying when you are packing thirty or more clumps of moss.

DoctorArch on
  • Options
    Someone invaded my game and I beat them. I think I stole his sword? He dropped a Barbed Straight Sword.

• Options
    that was an NPC

• Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    Eh, Blighttown's not that bad. The only real problem with it is those obnoxious respawning flies. On the other hand, those flies are pretty goddamn obnoxious.

Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    that was an NPC

There are NPC's that invade? Yikes.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    yeah, they're usually connected to special items and, like all invaders, no longer appear when you beat the area boss

here's a list of where they appear in case you don't want to miss them
    blighttown

the depths
    demon ruins
    lost izalith (these are all kirk, he has a chance to drop his special sword and shield in each one, and if you get them all you can find his unique armor on a corpse in a certain area)

painted world

tomb of the giants

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Oh, Neat.

• Options
    you have to be in human form for them to show up

• Options
    edited January 2012
    that blowdart sniper part is good news since I killed two of them, became toxic, ate my only three purple mosses which didn't seem to do much and kept healing hoping to out last it but was 1 estus too short for that to work. I did make it back close to the entrance before i died for soul recovery purposes though.

Also I tried to summon someone with me to help me on the demon in the lower burgs... I died before he was able to zone in. Tried to run in to the stair, got trapped with a dog in front and back and the demon right and the wall left. lost 16k souls as well so that was sad.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    you need blooming mosses for toxic poison

regular purple is just for regular poison

• Options
    now it makes sense

• Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    So, regarding the Two Gargoyles. Everyone here recommended summoning an NPC by the door. Sadly, I could not reach teh door while human cause someone kept invading my game and killing me. Harummpppfffhhhh. But I didn't notice, but someone mentioned it, that I can actually BLOCK these fuckers. I didn't realize this shield let me do that. (Previous shields with huge crushing enemies like this did nothing, so I always went 2H). Once I realized I could block, I sliced those sons of bitches up!!!

What a great feeling....

• Options
    Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    Funy story: got hit by a griefer who summoned me to the Depths bonfire, then closed the entrance to the room where the bonfire's located. So I spent 5 futile minutes trying to open a locked door (as phantoms are apparently unable to use their own keys). Of course, the summoner may have just not realised that closing the door to the bonfire effectively locked me out from his world but, hey, he kicked me out eventually and I didn't have to waste a Black Separation Crystal. Small mercies, I suppose.

• Options
    actually, the black crystal isn't consumed when you use it

This discussion has been closed.