As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Super Monday Night Combat] Blitz mode is out.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I just got invited.

An intimidating amount of information to slog through. Not a huge fan of going further down the moba rabbit hole. Well, I guess gameplay-wise it's fine, but I'd rather not have to memorize the skills of 50+ characters.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Is there a guide or tutorial or anything for this game lurking around there? Got in a beta and played a few matches, it was ok, but, I can't tell what the heck is going on for the most part (and I played the crap out of the first MNC when it was released). I can't figure out how one team ends up getting an exp advantage over the enemy, like, is it just being near bots when they die? Is it doing the most damage to them? Or what?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I don't think anyone's really managed to put together a wiki or anything yet

but I'm sure dudes in this thread would be willing to answer any questions you have

as far as bot experiences, with exception of the very smallest bots (which only credit the player who got the kill), any time a bot dies everybody who attacked that bot within the last five seconds gets xp for that bot kill

smnc has much more of an emphasis on killing bots rather than players, moving as a group, and always getting the annihilator

repeated bot kills without dying earns you combos, same with kills on other players

basically not dying is the name of the game, err on the side of retreating rather than pursuing weakened enemies behind their front lines unless your team has already pulled way ahead

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    What are endorsements and products all about?

If it helps, I played MNC a little bit but never got deep into it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    What are endorsements and products all about?

If it helps, I played MNC a little bit but never got deep into it.

Endorsements are just character customization. Let you choose between different stats, like if I'm playing Combat Girl I'm very skill dependent, so maybe I want skill recharge endos, whereas a Gunner may want RoF endos so he has more DPS with dat minigun.

Products are only sort of half implemented atm, they are the 3 things in the lower right hand corner of the HUD and they activate at different levels. There are more products coming eventually, but currently the default 3 are the healing bomb when you die, the sprint you get from spawn when you die, and the overarmor that automatically regens. I don't know when the heal bomb or the sprint activate (it's pretty low) but the overarmor product activates at level 10.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I haven't actually bought any endorsements yet but they seem very similar to the rune system in games like League of Legends. You unlock more slots as you level up, and then you place the endorsements into those slots to tweak your character's stats.

T-dot: Yeah, I realized pretty quick that running back to your spawn gives you crazy life regen so you can get back into the fight. Akin to going to the well in other moba games. Good to know that I was getting on the right track with focusing on bots in my last match (which I won, whee!). I was the new gunslinger girl and pretty much just focused on headshotting bots for as long as I could.

I'm trying to figure out how you try to get ahead of the other team like you can in other moba games. Certainly killing the enemy bots is good and all, but how do you keep them from killing your bots? My gun seemed to do pretty piddly damage to players, even on head shots, and if their was an engineer nearby, forget it, there was no way I was zoning them out getting exp and money.

I think I am still just really jarred by how different it is from the original MNC in so many ways. Like, when I deployed as the gunner and unloaded into someone and they didn't just melt in front of me I was so confused.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    as far as gaining ground on the other guy, that's where the third-person-shooter half of the equation comes in

and, again, moving as a team is key

one big change for this game is that players are very resiliant... for someone to actually die, they're either going to need to be surrounded by the other team, or foolish enough to get thrown out of bounds, or overextend

use the quick message system when you need to and hope your teammates aren't idiots, basically

and as far as endorsements go, bear in mind that the better an endorsement is for its primary stat, the stronger its side effect or downside

it is possible to mix/max with complementary endorsements, but it will take a long time to get the money/levels needed to really throw the big ones around

so just worry about getting some small ones in areas where you need help initially

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    Whats very important (besides sticking with your team) is to play conservatively and only overextend when you're guaranteed a kill. This is a tough skill to learn, and it seperates good players from crappy ones. Also, look at [tab] often to see how you're level is compared to everyone else. If you're low, focus entirely on bots and only attack enemy pros if theres a team battle.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    As an aside, when you have no endorsements in a slot, you actually have a rank 1 speed endorsement. Every slot you put something into will remove said ghost speed endo, so every endo basically has a speed penalty in addition to it's standard penalty.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    wait like the lowest rank or bacon level?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Huh, I just had two copies of Super MNC pop up in my Steam inventory. Guessing they're supposed to be friend invites or something to the beta.
    For anyone that's in the Super MNC Invitational, you have two gift copies of the game to trade/give to friends on Steam. Cheers! #smnc

So yeah. If anyone wants them, first two people to PM me with your e-mail address gets'em.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I really need to sit down and give this a try. I've had it installed since the beta, and loved original MNC, but have yet to even start it.

Joined the SMNCFF group, in any case.

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    Ohh yeah Just got invited! Lets see how this compares to MNC

• Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    Endorsements are runes from League of Legends.

The game itself isn't all that deep. As someone said a page back...

1. Kill bots
    2. Get the annihilator
    3. Don't die

That's all their is to it and i'm not even kidding.

PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    I'll attempt to play today.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Got my invite and tried it for the first time today.

Kinda getting used to the slower pace. Liking the new sniper girl.

Her moans, however...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    Anybody get a spare invite for this?

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I do. Friend me on Steam.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    A friend of mine just gave me an invite for this. I have never played the original MNC, so my ineptness will be legendary.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Kor wrote:
    Anybody get a spare invite for this?

Steam tag Cantido has got you covered.

That's one for Kor. I have another. Who wants it?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Well shit if you're just gonna throw 'em out like that I'd love to get in on this.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i'll take one too, if you're offering! i loved the original MNC

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Can I put my name on the list of beta beggars? Never played the original, but watching the Quick Look of the dude running around with the spiked bar stool got me interested.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    I've said this in similar threads, but let's not start begging for betas. If you got any invites, however, feel free to offer them here.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Sorry, greed overwhelms me. It's a compulsion.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    is there any way to make this game not take control of my mic? When im in a steam chat and run this game i suddenly cant talk in my steam chat because this game takes over the mic completely.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Previous post Deleted. Sorry just noticed your post Rorus.

Hope they open beta this up soon. Looks like they are going tribes ascend style with the beta ...

Bamelin on
  • Options
    I have 2 invites if anyone wants em, just send me a message with your SteamID and I can send you one.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm happy they upped the pace but still pissed I can't select and build turrets anymore.

I generate all this money but I don't know how to spend it. What's the button to spend money on bots and the annihilator and such?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Can't believe I forgot about SMNC, I loved MNC, though I didn't play as much once it boiled down to single twitch players destroying games. Glad to see that's not really possible to do that any more but I will miss two shotting cocky Assassins on my Support. I'm not good at mobas, I mostly did bot games in LoL, but I've just got this itch for them from watching the Dota 2 streams.

Signed up for the beta and here's to hoping I get in.

Oh, and Captain Sparky's moneyball taunt is just the icing on the comedy cake that made me buy the first one.

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Cantido wrote:
    I'm happy they upped the pace but still pissed I can't select and build turrets anymore.

I generate all this money but I don't know how to spend it. What's the button to spend money on bots and the annihilator and such?
    Annihilator buttons are on the second floor of the maps. Bot spawners are usually on the left or right side(s) of the center map, with additional normal spawners in the back of the base. I'm still getting used to the new bot spawners myself, but I think it was a good change on the whole since it seems to add some different options for spending money.

Edit: Also, the areas where you can spend your money will be marked by a green "!" hologram.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Blue map wrote:
    Cantido wrote:

Annihilator buttons are on the second floor of the maps. Bot spawners are usually on the left or right side(s) of the center map, with additional normal spawners in the back of the base. I'm still getting used to the new bot spawners myself, but I think it was a good change on the whole since it seems to add some different options for spending money.

Edit: Also, the areas where you can spend your money will be marked by a green "!" hologram.

I meant the key on my keyboard. I found out it's F, since E is the third skill.

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    Blue map wrote:
    Cantido wrote:

I meant the key on my keyboard. I found out it's F, since E is the third skill.
    Oh derp, I should have figured.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Listening to someone play Wascot for the first time is hilarious.
    "How I buy level?" "Press b" "...I can make poop now!"

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    this game won't run in my native resolution

irksome :|

• Options

What is your native resolution? You can use... I think it's setrez or setres or something like that in the console to force any resolution you want though.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote:

What is your native resolution? You can use... I think it's setrez or setres or something like that in the console to force any resolution you want though.

1440x900

and ah yeah i forgot about console commands

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    That was a rough experience. Why even have sniper rifles if headshots only take a quarter of health off?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Just finished a game with 4 Jackbots on the enemy base. It may have been overdone.

Also: I hate the luchador when playing Support.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    That was a rough experience. Why even have sniper rifles if headshots only take a quarter of health off?

Because a quarter of HP is a lot. If you can aim, Sniper is probably the single best character in the game, and is probably 90%+ of a teams DPS.

aeNqQM9.jpg