Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Steam Thread

17879818384100

Posts

  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I know everyone says PSIII was the worse (the battles were pretty damn bad), I still love it because it was my first RPG ever.

    pasig.jpg
    Steam | Fitocracy | XBL|PSN|WiiU|ninjafrizz| 3DS FC - 5472-7018-3542|BNET NinjaFrizz#1825
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Hopefully THQ will live long enough for that...

    EA will probably grab it if THQ dies.

    jkZziGc.png
  • HullisHullis A ship is at risk..at every hour, minute, and second. That's where I come in.Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Untitled-2.jpg

    COMPANY OF HEROES 2 YES!

    OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDD

    zt20k1s.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Hopefully THQ will live long enough for that...

    EA will probably grab it if THQ dies.
    Bioware whatchamacllit is already working on C&C whatever

    camo_sig2.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It's not unprecedented for a publisher to give money to multiple different games in the same genre, especially if their release times are staggered in a way that it they don't have marketing conflict with each other.

    Cilla Black on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Hopefully THQ will live long enough for that...

    EA will probably grab it if THQ dies.
    Bioware whatchamacllit is already working on C&C whatever

    This would give them a good strategy game though.

    jkZziGc.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I wonder if they'll continue with an evolution on the Dawn of War 2 gameplay, like DoW2 did with the CoH gameplay, if they'll just build on CoH1, or if they'll decide to go back to their classic RTS roots. The latter probably not, since Relic definitely seems a company that prefers innovation over iteration.

    Cilla Black on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    I wonder if they'll continue with an evolution on the Dawn of War 2 gameplay, like DoW2 did with the CoH gameplay, if they'll just build on CoH1, or if they'll decide to go back to their classic RTS roots. The latter probably not, since Relic definitely seems a company that prefers innovation over iteration.

    They've said that they're going for innovations to the coh gameplay that will fit in as a natural extension. They've learned their lesson with Dow 2.

    jkZziGc.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    What lesson? DoW2 was awesome! Or at least, as a single player experience. I have heard less than awesome things about multiplayer.

  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    DoW2 was fun online before people figured out how broken the balance was.

    the-place-beyond-the-pines-03_thumb_zps3d4e0ec7.jpg
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    What lesson? DoW2 was awesome! Or at least, as a single player experience. I have heard less than awesome things about multiplayer.

    no dow2 was pretty bad and completely shat on the things people loved about dow1

    not to mention the fact that it was essentially reskinned doh and in the beginning terrain meant jack shit because it got destroyed near instantly

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    Holy shit...Arkham City is huuuuuuuuuuge on PC

    I would like to just put my PS3 disk into the computer, please.

  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    What lesson? DoW2 was awesome! Or at least, as a single player experience. I have heard less than awesome things about multiplayer.

    no dow2 was pretty bad and completely shat on the things people loved about dow1

    not to mention the fact that it was essentially reskinned doh and in the beginning terrain meant jack shit because it got destroyed near instantly

    COMRADE TIE YOUR FUCKING LACES.

    jkZziGc.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    What lesson? DoW2 was awesome! Or at least, as a single player experience. I have heard less than awesome things about multiplayer.

    no dow2 was pretty bad and completely shat on the things people loved about dow1

    not to mention the fact that it was essentially reskinned doh and in the beginning terrain meant jack shit because it got destroyed near instantly

    COMRADE TIE YOUR FUCKING LACES.

    do you think this is a goddamn kinderparty

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    man, I remember having some seriously epic battles with the GT crew back when dow1 came out.

    CoH is still my absolute favorite RTS ever, first rts game I actually spent the time to learn build orders and watch replays of top tier players so I could get better.

    DUNLOP, WEAPONS AND AMMO

    pasig.jpg
    Steam | Fitocracy | XBL|PSN|WiiU|ninjafrizz| 3DS FC - 5472-7018-3542|BNET NinjaFrizz#1825
  • RepoxRepox Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    FlatEric wrote: »
    Be careful for someone named Repox(2) adding your to their friendslist, after accepting (thinking @Repox may have a new account) they proceeded to try and get me to log in to what seems to be a phishing scam page. Something like steamcomnunity dot 16mb dot com slash forums (misspelled community and all).
    Nah, not me. Literally heard about it in the morning today. I think it hit everyone on my friend's list. but i am the spartacus

    Repox on
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Bastion is pretty fun.

  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    I guess the CoH 2 campaign will be set in the eastern front and the soviets will be a big part of the game

    presumably their basic infantry unit will be ten guys with five rifles

  • HullisHullis A ship is at risk..at every hour, minute, and second. That's where I come in.Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I guess the CoH 2 campaign will be set in the eastern front and the soviets will be a big part of the game

    presumably their basic infantry unit will be ten guys with five rifles
    I would love this SO MUCH

    zt20k1s.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I would like CoH a lot more if it didn't have resources and building things and was just more like myth.

    the-place-beyond-the-pines-03_thumb_zps3d4e0ec7.jpg
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I guess the CoH 2 campaign will be set in the eastern front and the soviets will be a big part of the game

    presumably their basic infantry unit will be ten guys with five rifles

    Maybe in the beginning. But from 1943 onward they were swimming in high quality equipment.

    jkZziGc.png
  • sarukunsarukun Gornlord Interplanetary InsanitariumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    What lesson? DoW2 was awesome! Or at least, as a single player experience. I have heard less than awesome things about multiplayer.
    DoW2 was suuuper disappointing. The original Dawn of War tried to do some interesting things to kind of deal with how unintuitive and shitty RTS are for new players, and then DOW2 just cleaved bits off wholesale and went way too far in the RPG direction with a bunch of new mechanics that totally overwhelmed me. Being effective in that game was way more difficult than playing StarCraft 2. So many spells on so many different units! No introduction to any of the other races! Wholesale removal of most buildings!

    That game felt like a train wreck to me. It looked a lot more like the tabletop game, I think, but felt like a weird mishmash of turn-based and real time and just felt clunky as hell and not much fun to play at all. I also wasn't super wild about commanders or the reinforcement mechanic, although in theory it's actually a pretty good idea. Something about it bugged the crap out of me. Felt like I had less control of it, maybe, I don't know.

    Honestly, I would love it if they gave up and just made it turn-based, but that kind of sucks the heady immediacy out of doing shit at the same time as your opponent and certainly isn't a ton of fun to watch on a big screen at a pro-event... but then I don't think that's what they were shooting for anyway.

    sarukun on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I guess the CoH 2 campaign will be set in the eastern front and the soviets will be a big part of the game

    presumably their basic infantry unit will be ten guys with five rifles

    Maybe in the beginning. But from 1943 onward they were swimming in high quality equipment.

    qualify "high quality"

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • sarukunsarukun Gornlord Interplanetary InsanitariumRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    DoW2 was fun online before people figured out how broken the balance was.

    This is another thing that irked me about Relic, they straight up admitted that they didn't really care too much about balance because they were more interested in fun and interesting ideas that were fun to execute for the player, and while I see why you would WANT to do that kind of stuff, and know from experience that tweaking balance on a game like that suuuuuuuucks for everybody involved and is pretty labor intensive, ain't nobody gonna play your game much once people figure out "spam X" is the easy way to victory.

    I wish I knew where to find that interview, on the one hand they guy giving it seems like a nice dude, and on the other hand listening to what he's saying as a player is retina-searingly infuriating.

  • ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed playing the original DoW games.

    DoW2 was just a completely different kind of game that I am just not into.

    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    DoW2 was fun online before people figured out how broken the balance was.

    This is another thing that irked me about Relic, they straight up admitted that they didn't really care too much about balance because they were more interested in fun and interesting ideas that were fun to execute for the player, and while I see why you would WANT to do that kind of stuff, and know from experience that tweaking balance on a game like that suuuuuuuucks for everybody involved and is pretty labor intensive, ain't nobody gonna play your game much once people figure out "spam X" is the easy way to victory.

    I wish I knew where to find that interview, on the one hand they guy giving it seems like a nice dude, and on the other hand listening to what he's saying as a player is retina-searingly infuriating.

    Yeah...
    If SC wasn't balanced no one would play it. There would be a couple dudes online trying to be at the top of the ladder by doing rush X and literally no one else would give a shit about the game after they were done with single player. Is that really the type of game they want to make?

    the-place-beyond-the-pines-03_thumb_zps3d4e0ec7.jpg
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I guess the CoH 2 campaign will be set in the eastern front and the soviets will be a big part of the game

    presumably their basic infantry unit will be ten guys with five rifles

    Maybe in the beginning. But from 1943 onward they were swimming in high quality equipment.

    qualify "high quality"

    Soviet tanks and guns and planes? Some American lend lease stuff too. But, I mean. The Red Army of Late '43-45 was extremely well equipped.

    jkZziGc.png
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I guess the CoH 2 campaign will be set in the eastern front and the soviets will be a big part of the game

    presumably their basic infantry unit will be ten guys with five rifles

    Maybe in the beginning. But from 1943 onward they were swimming in high quality equipment.

    qualify "high quality"

    Soviet tanks and guns and planes? Some American lend lease stuff too. But, I mean. The Red Army of Late '43-45 was extremely well equipped.

    also defined as "stolen from the Germans"

    that would be a great upgrade tree

  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    I really liked DoW2. But then again I really liked the shift from RTS crap to squad-based stuff.

  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    oh man COH2

    i really loved the first one but i was so bad at it, i got stuck on a stupid early level and spent like 10 hours trying to do it and just couldn't

    reposig.jpg
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    oh man COH2

    i really loved the first one but i was so bad at it, i got stuck on a stupid early level and spent like 10 hours trying to do it and just couldn't

    Do you remember which one?

    jkZziGc.png
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    oh man COH2

    i really loved the first one but i was so bad at it, i got stuck on a stupid early level and spent like 10 hours trying to do it and just couldn't

    Do you remember which one?

    it was one where you had to minesweep your way to a town through a bunch of hedge mazes, you start with a pretty big tank squad and a bunch of infantry

    reposig.jpg
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Company of heroes 2??

    I'm breaking out the barbed wire baby!! Gunna need some tank traps here.

    Xbox Live: OGSirToons PSN: NoGreatName Bnet Tag: SirToons#1214 NNID: SirToons
    Steam ID: SirToons 3DS: 3024-5277-3254 Twitch: SirToons check.php?c=sirtoons
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Company of heroes 2??

    I'm breaking out the barbed wire baby!! Gunna need some tank traps here.

    I am going to murder you.

    jkZziGc.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Man, I love the way you talk Using 40 words where 4 will doRegistered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I guess the CoH 2 campaign will be set in the eastern front and the soviets will be a big part of the game

    presumably their basic infantry unit will be ten guys with five rifles

    Maybe in the beginning. But from 1943 onward they were swimming in high quality equipment.

    Well the game takes place in 1941 so

    205xuzr.jpg
    Twitter / Steam / 3DS: 2981-5358-6078
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous WALK 3X FASTER New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I get the feeling that Endless Space is going to steal my life.

    zaku.png
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: WaffleMous#1483
  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    CoH2? hell yes

    i mean i loved that game but i sucked at it so badly

  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Company of heroes 2??

    I'm breaking out the barbed wire baby!! Gunna need some tank traps here.

    I am going to murder you.

    5B882F0EA4DAF0D8BB7A803AE3AFDCFE3687AA8E

    MrMonroe on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    is batman: ac a good port?

  • ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    yup, definitely, definitely worth $15

    Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
This discussion has been closed.