As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam Thread

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    What about the story, specifically, did you find so good that wasn't just nice to hear because Rucks is a good story teller?

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Mizuumi wrote: »
    Zay wrote: »
    whoa miz stop panicing

zay do you even realize the magnitude of what we're talking about here

AN INEXPENSIVE VIDEO GAME I WANT IS FIFTY PERCENT OFF

this is literally the worst news ever in history

calm down

CALM DOWN

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    what is dustforce

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    What about the story, specifically, did you find so good that wasn't just nice to hear because Rucks is a good story teller?

the part where faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

like i got anything to prove to an obvious lunatic

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I've not played Dustforce, but my readings of it put it into the Trials Evolution and N+ bucket, with beautiful styling and music. Which of course means I must devour it.

I shall buy this game, and Bastion too! I will have to get a new gamepad though, as my PC receiver for my 360 controllers has died.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    what is dustforce

a malevolent force that sucks 5 dollars out of your pocket when the moon comes into alignment

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    dustforce is very much an N+ type game

it is a gorgeously animated game of running a course as quickly and stylishly as possible

no story or nonsense getting in the way of just gettin' them scores up

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    dust force soundtrack is sick nasty

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Dustforce's soundtrack is

Well I dunno if it qualifies as chiptunes (I'm sure the hardcore in that scene would object strenuously to that idea)

It's fucking gorgeous though. I think I like the fusion of 8-bit and modern sounds a lot more than the "pure" chiptune ideal.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I picked up Dustforce w/ soundtrack

I've already got Bastion on 360 but I want the soundtrack

I wish there was an option to buy it separately

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    @Iolo is a truly classy gent, he gifted me Bastion. Listening to Build That Wall right now.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    man i don't think i got a dustforce soundtrack when i bought it

lame

stupid lame

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    So Bastion is pretty great, especially the music.

Although, and this is not something you'll hear me say very often, I think it would be a lot better on a console.

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

Although, and this is not something you'll hear me say very often, I think it would be a lot better on a console.

Is it just the controller aspect that makes you say that? Because I would completely agree the game is best played with a controller.

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    exist wrote: »

Is it just the controller aspect that makes you say that? Because I would completely agree the game is best played with a controller.

yeah, I did one run with KBAM and then another one with my gamepad plugged in and I would agree that the controller is way better

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Yeah, it's really just the fact that I can only move in eight discrete directions with WASD

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it controls perfect with an actual controller. I have it on xbox so I never had to play KBAM, but I can imagine it being non-ideal.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I bought DustForce, woo.

I meant to a while ago. It looks like a game I will mega-dig.

Also I still need to play Bastion.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Shorty wrote: »
    I picked up Dustforce w/ soundtrack

I've already got Bastion on 360 but I want the soundtrack

I wish there was an option to buy it separately

Well here you go http://supergiantgames.bandcamp.com/album/bastion-original-soundtrack

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    anyone picked up the current Humble Bundle? i'm thinking of buying it if i get paid in time, but i was wondering if Machinarium and Samorost 2, and their soundtracks, are separate downloads; i've already got them, so i'd like to gift the extra copies to someone. i really just want Botanicula & soundtrack, Osada, and maybe Windosill.

and i have played neither Dustforce nor Bastion, though the beau has the latter. N+ was a fun diversion until the stupid-hard levels that made multiplayer into a rage-quit experience. banana-yellow ninja ftw!

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular

I just.. played through it with the 360 controller for pc.

It was fantastic.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Artreus wrote: »

It was fantastic.

well according to @Pharezon you should be on my list of targets to hunt down and kill like an animal so I can steal your controller

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

It was fantastic.

well according to @Pharezon you should be on my list of targets to hunt down and kill like an animal so I can steal your controller

lmao like will knows shit

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

It was fantastic.

lmao go fuck yourself Alex "Would You Like Fries With That" Florida.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

It was fantastic.

lmao go fuck yourself Alex "Would You Like Fries With That" Florida.

1335862989116.jpg

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    I don't....understand.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Silly goose.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Vibrams would be funnier.

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    So, Sniper Elite is a pretty fun game if you like sniping nazis

but whoo boy can it get gnarly. As expected, I guess.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    He's talking to bucketman, also know as skragg, whom we miss for raidz

aww I miss you guys too <3 but I actually miss the guild more than the game.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    oh and about Bastion, the art style was fantastic, and the story was great, it was about
    Redeeming a people, and a people scorned and bridging the gap between those two groups, or not and killing them all. The last level spicifically was amazing, and all the dream worlds were hella great fun and told the story behind the characters in a way that didn't feel forced.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Bastion was a good game with a couple of good narrative bits (specifically some ending stuff. everything else is not actually bad but is kind of boring and are only saved by the amazing narration) and a straight up incredible soundtrack, but the gameplay didn't do a whole lot for me. I can appreciate that it's good, but just not for me.

Overall it's definitely worth buying and experiencing but don't nobody be feeling weird if the game just never clicks for you just because people around here like to get hyperbolic about its quality.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    The only thing I dislike about the gameplay is repeatedly rolling off the edge of the platforms trying to avoid all the attacks.

• Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    my controller isnt an xbox controller so i had to download an xinput emulator so i could use it with bastion and as a result it lags slightly which is rally annoying, especially trying to counter things

i love the look, the music, and the customizable upgrade system, but that lag is obnoxious and i kinda agree with cilla on the gameplay just not quite clicking

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    I would get them if any part of me believed I could play them without shitting my pants.

Man, the games aren't even that scary.

I've played through Amnesia, THAT is scary.

This is just a couple of 3PSs that plays up a creepy atmosphere.

Still can't do it. I can't play scary games because I'm a big blubbering sissy.

A friend got me Silent Hill 2 as a birthday gift years ago. I got a little past the part where you get your first piece of wood as a weapon and then had to stop playing. Forever. It took me over an hour to get to a point in the game that takes most first-time players 15 minutes. Once I left my room, I passed a housemate in the hall and she stopped me to ask if anything was wrong because I was apparently ghost white.

Oddly, I have zero problems watching horror films or a friend play through a game like Amnesia. I just can't do it myself. I think it comes from not being able to disassociate myself from the damage inflicted to the character whose actions are under my control. His fate is in my hands. I don't want that kind of responsibility when there are ghoulish things that can eat my face lurking around every corner.

FYI, aside from one or two scripted encounters (and the water guardian) there are zero actual enemies around for like half Amnesia.

It's like a more extreme version of the Shalebridge Cradle, which applied the same tactic of very few enemies, spread out across a super spooky environment with lots of shit to make you THINK bad guys are lurking at every corner.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Sal wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    tugga wrote: »
    ive had amnesia for quite some time but i still havent loaded it up

my brother has and he says its one of the scariest experiences of his life

Yeah, it really is

Yep, no joke

Amnesia is a lot like those really long, dumb jokes that end with a really pointless pun.

Your first time going through is horrible.

But then you can put others through it and laugh at their misery.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    we just had a multiple page argument about hyperbole, but if someone really believes that Bastion is the best game then that's not hyperbole

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Mizuumi wrote: »
    my controller isnt an xbox controller so i had to download an xinput emulator so i could use it with bastion and as a result it lags slightly which is rally annoying, especially trying to counter things

i love the look, the music, and the customizable upgrade system, but that lag is obnoxious and i kinda agree with cilla on the gameplay just not quite clicking

Oh man yeah, considering certain challenges are very reflex oriented, I can imagine even a little lag would be a turn-off.

Veldrin on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Amnesia stopped being scary almost immediately, sorry babies

now Justine is actually scary

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    we just had a multiple page argument about hyperbole, but if someone really believes that Bastion is the best game then that's not hyperbole

I don't go back and read through pages of this thread, sorry zay. Whatever, Bastion isn't as good to me as people here seem to think it is. It's still a good game everyone should play through once, but if someone doesn't find it as amazing and perfect as others here seem to view it, ain't nothing wrong with that. That's the point I was making.

This discussion has been closed.