As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] DONE! Go post in the younger, sexier thread.

• Options
    SnakeDoctorSnakeDoctor Registered User regular
    A lot of classy folks in here. Merry Christmas to all!

For whoever was asking about the Steam forums, it took at least 8 hours for me to get my confirmation email. And then after that, maybe another 24 hours before I was actually approved to post.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    TheUnsane1 wrote:
    Merry Christmas to all of you classy people out there, and to everyone else too!!

My gf continues to prove to be awesome and has given me a razer black widow ultimate! The clickity clack of the keys is intoxicating <3

The Razer Black Widow Ultimate is the best keyboard I've ever had. Some of the keys stop lighting up temporarily once in a while and give you a good scare, but the feedback it gives you with every click is great.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    @Inzigna just gave me an amazing Xmas present: Hard Reset!

Thank you, sir, for your gift of cyberpunk and electricity.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    Merry Xmas to everyone! Also Thanks to @Rizzi that gifted me Jamestown out of nowhere yesterday. He is a true gentleman.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Jamestown is awesome mindless fun...really happy I picked that up as well in the HIB.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Maybe, just maybe Gabe will feel especially generous and put Jade Empire on sale sometime in the next week.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Merry Christmas Steam Thread! Hope everyone got all the socks and underwear you'll need for the next year!

And if you're full up on socks and underwear, try snagging yourself some zoomy cars and make your fellow forumers eat your dust.

signature.png

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    It's a Christmas miracle! Classy classy @Croaker gifted me Nexus!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    @Inzigna just gave me an amazing Xmas present: Hard Reset!

Thank you, sir, for your gift of cyberpunk and electricity.

Merry Christmas and have fun!

@Heatwave I won your Bastion steamgift giveaway! Thank you for your gift of beautiful art, music and gameplay, good sir.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HalgwetHalgwet Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So, I got a golden coupon for -50% on any game published by 2K, which means it's already valid and will stack with the existing discounts. If anyone wants it, send me a PM. If you have some worthless coupon to trade me for it so I can complete that objective that would be nice too, but not a requirement.

It's gone!

Halgwet on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I asked earlier, but who can I bug to join the PA steam group?

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Stryker43 wrote:
    A hearty congratulations to @handgimp, @bloodatonement, and @KafkaAU for my 3 favorite haiku! Please add me when possible, thanks!

I'll put up the winning haiku and some other entries when possible, for the enjoyment of everyone!
    :shock:

A thank you haiku for @Styker43

Stryker Forty Three
    Such a classy gentleman
    Saints Row 3 did give

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Just the Steam cheevo for me today, which gave me 7 coal. Crafted into.... 50% off a Stalker game!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    I. Holy Shit. Motherfucker.

Just when I thought I was gonna get coal from Steam. I get The Valve Complete Pack! :D

Shame I own all the games. Ah well, someone's getting a gift.

• Options
    FarleymanFarleyman Registered User regular
    So crafted my coal into a 50% off Zombie Atom Smasher coupon. This is fine, except said game is currently a daily deal at 75% off. :?

Pointless coupon is pointless. It doesn't even serve to benefit buying copies as gifts, because I can just buy the gifts cheaper. Damnit Steam, why do you taunt me so?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    victor_c26victor_c26 Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    New possible ARG screenshot. Hmm:

New ARG Screenshot

Where this is coming from Take with the usual grain of salt.

It's been so long since I've posted here, I've removed my signature since most of what I had here were broken links. Shows over, you can carry on to the next post.
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Will someone please post today's Deals/Cheevos?

APODionysus on
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Farleyman wrote:
    So crafted my coal into a 50% off Zombie Atom Smasher coupon. This is fine, except said game is currently a daily deal at 75% off. :?

Pointless coupon is pointless. It doesn't even serve to benefit buying copies as gifts, because I can just buy the gifts cheaper. Damnit Steam, why do you taunt me so?

I have one of those. I feel you pain :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Speaking of Christmas gifts, if anyone likes third-person platforming, gorgeous yet twisted art and level design, or Freudian imagery out the wazoo, I'm giving away Alice: Madness Returns.

signature.png

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Hard Reset is fun. That is all.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Why is @Kalia so wonderful and classy?

Thank you for Killing Floor! :)

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Interesting, I apparently received the game Nail'd for getting one of the 3 achievements I got today.

Guess something else is going on Steamgifts.

EDIT: Also, I have 10% off any KalypsoMedia game. I dont know which disappointed me more, the coupon or Nail'd.

emp123 on
  • Options
    BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    I might actually have actually gotten Nuclear Dawn, but I understand it will be in an upcoming bundle...

Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    After a series of coal and crappy coupons, I got two games today for achievements, Defense Grid: The Awakening, and Garshasp the monster slayer.

Already have Defense Grid (on PC and Xbox) and I have no interest in Garshasp, but games are games, so I'm happy.

If anybody wants Garshasp, ask me in Steam (current friends only) and you shall be gifted, I have sent out Defense Grid to someone who had it on their wishlist.

TPSou on
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Got a 25% off City Interactive titles for the Steam cheevo. Kinda wish I had gotten a coal instead. Anyone want it?

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    How is Atom Zombie Smasher?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote:

I find it a fun little strategy game.

• Options
    BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote:

Atom Zombie Smasher is one of those games where I start it intending to just play for about 15 minutes or so, and end up playing it for an hour or two.

Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    victor_c26 wrote:
    New possible ARG screenshot. Hmm:

New ARG Screenshot

Where this is coming from Take with the usual grain of salt.

Remember how people went crazy over this? For now, I am remaining uncrazy about these new findings.

• Options
    Do the Killing Floor character packs just contain skins? Or do they have things like added voice overs and such.

• Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    And now a 50% off coupon for GTA:Vice City for getting the E.Y.E. achievement.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    This is crazy, I can't get the demolition inc achievement. I have previously finished the game, and have done what people say in games (use the ramp in driver or bowling alley and a jump pad) but none of the car jump achievements will unlock. How can I fix this?

• Options
    Do the Killing Floor character packs just contain skins? Or do they have things like added voice overs and such.

Just skins. So not worth it, but still totally worth it.

• Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Hey,

just wanted to announce that my little giveaway ends in 75 minutes, i.e. at 9 PM CET.

Please enter, if you haven't already! :)
    busfahrer wrote:

VeP7P.pngbusfahrer's little birthday giveaway VeP7P.png
    Since today (re-post, so yesterday) is both my birthday and also christmas, I decided to give away a bunch of gifts I have saved up over time. Nothing fancy, but perhaps some of you find something on my list that you have wanted anyway. And if not, perhaps you find something that you didn't want until today :)

In any case, please participate if there's something on that list that even only slightly interests you!

How to participate
    • You participate by sending me a PM telling me which item (only one item, please) you want, and including your email address (please include the address even if we're friends on Steam)
    • One entry per person
    • Your account has to be at least 6 months old (if your profile says June 2011, it's OK) and a reasonable amount of posts
    • I don't know when I'll get around to sorting it all out, but the giveaway will run at least until some point on the 25th, and possibly longer
    • edit: To clarify, this is not first-come-first-serve, but instead I will have a drawing for each entry that has multiple submissions, after I close the giveaway (as I said, which should be sometime on the 25th the soonest, when I get around to it)
    • edit2: Please realize that I can give the bundles away only as a whole, and not in parts, so by entering for Machinarium for example, I'd take that as you entering for the Humble Bundle #2.

The List
    Note: Items marked in italics are ones that I only have Steam keys for, so keep that in mind. Mostly (only?) makes a difference with the Humble Bundles. Some of them are the real deal (an URL to the humble page that's your own), some of them are just the key so you can unlock the games on Steam. Also note that the Humble Bundles always include Steam keys, so you'll have the games on Steam in either case, so it shouldn't make much of a difference for most people in this thread.
    Happy holidays! :mrgreen:

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    Cross posting this because someone might be curious?

For anyone who is contemplating buying X3, fair warning - the game is a soul eater. You think your busy now? Well, buy X3 and guess what you'll never be busy again. All day err day will be spent plundering planets, pirating ships, and causing intergalactic market crashes. I fucking love this game but refuse to play it because I fear what will become of me. But like I said, that didnt stop me from immediately buying the expansion pack and I dont even know what it does. All I know is that theres going to be more pretty space stuff and oh my god its so fucking pretty.

For anyone who buys it and is totally overwhelmed, this guy made a bunch of tutorials. For anyone whose never played an X game before and isnt totally overwhelmed when they first get in game? You sir/madam are a fucking god.

In sum, buy X3 and abandon your families, friends, pets, plants, daily dietary necessities. Oh, and bring a poopsock.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Cool, so it seems Atom Zombie Smasher will be a good game to end the sale on. I knew I should have added more to my wallet.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote:

For anyone who is contemplating buying X3, fair warning - the game is a soul eater. You think your busy now? Well, buy X3 and guess what you'll never be busy again. All day err day will be spent plundering planets, pirating ships, and causing intergalactic market crashes. I fucking love this game but refuse to play it because I fear what will become of me. But like I said, that didnt stop me from immediately buying the expansion pack and I dont even know what it does. All I know is that theres going to be more pretty space stuff and oh my god its so fucking pretty.

For anyone who buys it and is totally overwhelmed, this guy made a bunch of tutorials. For anyone whose never played an X game before and isnt totally overwhelmed when they first get in game? You sir/madam are a fucking god.

In sum, buy X3 and abandon your families, friends, pets, plants, daily dietary necessities. Oh, and bring a poopsock.

Oh god I bought it before reading this warning. What have I done D:D:

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    TPSou wrote:
    This is crazy, I can't get the demolition inc achievement. I have previously finished the game, and have done what people say in games (use the ramp in driver or bowling alley and a jump pad) but none of the car jump achievements will unlock. How can I fix this?

Did you check the overlay? I think some games have been having problems along with steam. I've unlocked quite a few xmas achievements and not gotten a pop up in game, but the overlay shows it as done

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TPSou wrote:

Did you check the overlay? I think some games have been having problems along with steam. I've unlocked quite a few xmas achievements and not gotten a pop up in game, but the overlay shows it as done

Yeah it's not popped, I've got nearly every other achievement on this game, but not any of those, which is odd, since I've jumped plenty of cars over 400m, I got 3 stars on every map.

• Options
    minirhyder wrote:
    emp123 wrote:

Oh god I bought it before reading this warning. What have I done D:D:

I dunno, but I know what you should be doing - get your poopsock ready son, its going to be a long enjoyable ride where days seem like hours and hours like minutes and minutes like ecstasy.

This discussion has been closed.