As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] DONE! Go post in the younger, sexier thread.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Of course the beefy Dungeon Defenders DLC doesn't go on sale. Of course.

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Is the Two Worlds tower defense game any good? Already own all the other tower defense games on Steam.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Dungeon Siege 3 is 5 dollars on amazon downloads today if anyone wants it.

Buttcleft on
  • busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Quick question: Has L4D2 been a daily yet?

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Paradise City get! *Oh won't you please take me home!*

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    busfahrer wrote:
    Quick question: Has L4D2 been a daily yet?

Nope.

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Nice sale. Everyone should grab Machinarium if you like puzzle games. The art is amazing.

Also awesome? I have all of the Cheevo games today, except for Serious Sam which I can't run anyway. Well, not sure if I'm willing to install TF2

But the others? Sure!

As for pick ups... I need to look at the system requirements for the Tomb Raider games and the reviews (ie you people) find the best one that I can run since I've never played a Tomb Raider before

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    While I have SPAZ on my wishlist, I downloaded a demo the other day and I still intend to try that out first.

Even though the game only costs $2.50.

Aw who am I kidding, I'll probably buy it without checking out the demo. But I'll do that when I get home from work.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    If I were to get a Tomb Raider game (besides Guardian of Light) which would it be?

• starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Also my Holiday recipe contest for FO3 has ended and Taramoor takes the prize!
    A recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies that I only make for Christmas and Valentine's because otherwise I'd die like the gluttony guy in Se7en.

So, the first thing you need to assemble is your Mise en place:
    Cookies1.jpg

1.5 eggs means one egg and one yolk. Or if you like you can use a single double-yolk egg, but only a madman would do that. Bread flour is the flour of choice here because we want our cookies to be chewy and kind of dense. It also keeps them from being so sweet I want to kill people.

Step 1. Melt that butter in a saucepan. None of this microwave bullshit. When you microwave butter it gets all foamy and nasty. No good, makes rancid cookies. You need to melt it low and slow. Then dump that liquid gold in the bowl of your stand mixer. Don't have a stand mixer? No cookies for you unless you have forearms like Popeye.

Step 2. While that butter is melting, you take all the dry ingredients except the sugars. All of 'em. Flour, Salt, Arm 'n Hammer. Sift it. Sift it like you've never sifted before in your life because you probably haven't.

Step 3. With the butter in the mixing bowl and that mixer going (with the awesome blade that scrapes the dough back down into the bottom of the bowl) add the sugar and brown sugar. I like to mix the sugars together with a fork a little bit first to prevent clumping but that's just me. I'm a purist. These cookies will be chewy and smooth or I will cut someone. Let the butter and the sugar mix together a little until it looks like this:

Cookies2.jpg
    Oh yeah... that's the good stuff.

Step 4. Add all the wet stuff to the mixer. Milk, it's in there. Vanilla, it's in there. 1 egg and 1 yolk, yeah... it's in there. Now it gets all frothy and delicious, hell yeah it does. But we're not ready yet, oh no.

Step 5. Everything you sifted together, now you need to get it into that mixer. But oh no what's this, if you dump it in like a goddamned monkey you're going to get flour everywhere. You gotta spoon it in. A little at a time so it doesn't spatter and you don't waste perfectly good ingredients and get crap all over yourself and ruin your kitchen and have to burn it to the ground.

Step 6. Chocolate chips. Walnuts. Just dump them in there. Make a game out of it. See how high you can cut open the bag and get them all fall in. Funnels are permitted.

End result:

Cookies3.jpg
    BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Into the freezer. Right now damnit, time's a-wastin'. By freezing the dough it hold its shape better resulting in overall a denser, chewier cookie which is the end goal here. The dough needs to stay in the freezer at least an hour. It is during this time that your cookie dough i sat its most vulnerable. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR DOUGH UNATTENDED. I have lost several batches worth of cookies due the mysterious dough-bandit that roams my house. I turn my back and half the dough is just gone like a ravenous langolier was wandering the halls.

Next step, preheat the oven to 375. While that's happening, we're going to do this:
    Cookies4.jpg
    Scoop those cookies out onto a piece of parchment paper lining a cookie sheet. Silpats are all well and good but they leave a weird shine on the bottom of my cookies and I think they taste different. Use the parchment paper so you can quickly move cookies on and off the sheets and get as many cookies made as possible. The reason for the scoop is so that all the cookies are about the same size... that way they cook evenly and you don't get the "this cookie's raw, this cookie's burnt" crap that happens so often.

Cook'em at 375 for about 14 minutes. Halfway through the cooking open the oven and rotate the cookie sheet to get more even crisping on the edges of the cookies. Unless you have one of those Microwave Convection ovens with the rotating plate in which case I hate you.

Final plating:
    Cookies6.jpg

Boo-ya.

I will send over FO3 whenever steam allows me. Note to self: ending a contest with the launch of dailies is a bad idea.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I finally found something that @minor incident didn't have! Bam! Gifted!

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Can anyone recommend which of the Tomb Raiders to get? Singular.

Oh brilliant
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    i'm so tempted to pick up serious sam BFE, hmmm

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Can the SPAZ cheevo be obtained through the demo?

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    So today Gaben decided to put a bunch of games I'm interested in on sale. AssCreed 1&2, Dead Space 2, the Tomb Raider games. But the reason I haven't already bought the ones I'm interested in is because they go on sale constantly. So I've always been able to rationalize putting them off until I chew through some of my Game Bank. And so it seems this rationalization shall work again! You lose this round, Newell.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Well shit - I need to make those cookies and buy that mixing blade. Both look awesome.

camo_sig2.png
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Damn iiiiiit, they had to go and put Serious Sam 3 on sale.

I was bummed not getting a review code for this one, since I had reviewed the previous HD games plus Double D.

So what was the consensus on this game? A perfect blend of oldschool and modern aesthetics, or too much of one and/or too little of the other?

I've never played it, but if you end up getting it, it's only $12 on GetGamesGo. Steamworks.

www.getgamesgo.com/product/serious-sam-3-bfe

Vi Monks on
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:
    So today Gaben decided to put a bunch of games I'm interested in on sale. AssCreed 1&2, Dead Space 2, the Tomb Raider games. But the reason I haven't already bought the ones I'm interested in is because they go on sale constantly. So I've always been able to rationalize putting them off until I chew through some of my Game Bank. And so it seems this rationalization shall work again! You lose this round, Newell.

Stop putting off Dead Space! It's so good!

Serious Same was like 10 bucks at Getgamesgo earlier this morning. Steamworks.

• DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Everyone should grab Ass. That's all I'm sayin'.

camo_sig2.png
  • SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    kenhcwoo wrote:
    Anyone wanna split a 4-pack of dungeon defenders?

Unable to use paypal but you could get a copy of Terraria for a copy of Dungeon Defenders.

Offer open to anyone else of course, have Terraria and want either Dungeon Defender or SPAZ.

SquiddyBiscuit on
    steam_sig.png
    Anyone's achievements for today updating? Got one but not showing up as cleared.

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:

It really is, so is the 2nd one

Different tone but still excellent

steam_sig.png
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I return from arguing with someone on Facebook and trying to think up a comic for the incoming new thread to find that @Elbansu / Obos (no link to the Steam profile because Steam is a little creaky [but weathering the new sale very well!]) gave me Republic Commando, which has simplified my thought process quite a bit! It is a wonderful, warm, reassuring feeling to know that I will never be farther than a Steam download away from Sev, Scorch, Fixer, and Boss or whoever you play as.

• Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Thanks a lot to Magus' for gifting me Dead Space 2, I was yet again screwed by regional pricing (Guess it's something to do with EA games only, happened with Mass Effect too).

I also bought S.P.A.Z., I have been curious of the game and concept, but I really suck in these kind of games.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    I recall Dead Space 2 being cheaper at the same discount- around $7.50? Is it just me, or did the base price get raised after the last sale?

Er, what is that website tracking Steam prices and sales for precisely such purposes?

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:

I got the first one during last year's Christmas sale and haven't even come close to installing it yet. I'll get around to it, I promise. Eventually.

• starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    jclast wrote:
    Well shit - I need to make those cookies and buy that mixing blade. Both look awesome.

yeah I need that blade, too! Might have to spend some money on my kitchen rather than games. BOO.

ALSO steam loves me. I won the Witcher: Enhanced Edition from the gift pile! Think this might be another game with a relatively low draw, so I'll figure something out.

camo_sig2.png
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Hmm. I have a feeling valve is really trying to get me to play tf2

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:
    If I were to get a Tomb Raider game (besides Guardian of Light) which would it be?

Tomb Raider Anniversary or Underworld. I believe the general consensus is that Anniversary is slightly better as far as gameplay goes, but Underworld has noticeably better graphics.

• kenhcwookenhcwoo Registered User regular
    kenhcwoo wrote:

Unable to use paypal but you could get a copy of Terraria for a copy of Dungeon Defenders.

Offer open to anyone else of course, Terraria for Dungeon Defender or SPAZ.

Friend request sent!

steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Dead Space 2 is 4.99 for me in US Land.

• SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    kenhcwoo wrote:
    kenhcwoo wrote:

Offer open to anyone else of course, Terraria for Dungeon Defender or SPAZ.

Friend request sent!

Friend request accepted!

EDIT: To clarify :P I got a copy of Terraria, and would like Dungeon Defender or SPAZ for it.

SquiddyBiscuit on
    steam_sig.png
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I really miss my parents old house with the stand mixer

APODionysus on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I have dead space on the ps3 but I could see picking up the first again and the second for that price. hrmmmmmmmmmmmm

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    More people should own section 8. signature.png

Please quote me on this if you enter so more people can see the giveaway

• Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Oh man, just read the achievements, the only game I don't have for today is serious sam.. But the other games are games I own but haven't played/installed or I just suck at them (Sanctum and Revenge of the Titans).

Uh... Time to installed TF2 yet again, I guess.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    Two Worlds II looks really appealing to me, need to scratch that Skyrim itch while waiting for its price to drop.

camo_sig2.png
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I gotta get to work soon, so Ill miss the turn over to the dailies...

However, instead of gettign to see the dailys I get to wake up to PoP Sands of Time from @JMan711

Are you aware Ive never played a PoP game? Not even the old school ones? I finally get to try one! Very classy of you sir!

Sands of Time was my first PoP game as well, and it is a great one. You're welcome!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.