Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Video on nephew's Ipod (from a Ipod newb)

WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I am a total Ipod newb, but got my nephew one cause he wanted one, and I thought maybe he knew how they worked, since he was adamant about me getting him that over a laptop, ( altho my answer is quickly becoming exchange it for a laptop)

I've tried converting a dvd, I've tried multiple Mpeg4's/movs/etc, I cannot get the damn thing to recognize a video, I put the music on it fine, but can't get a video of any kind on it, just mostly wanted to toss a movie on it for his flight home. Is there a way to turn it into a drag and drop or something. every google search seems to lead me to Jailbreaking guides, and well if he's gonna be this newb, I wanna make sure he can bring it somewhere when he screws it up, so would prefer not to jailbreak it.

Any tips/tricks for video? do only Downloaded from Itunes count? is there a way I can put a Dvd on it? ( considering I bought him some dvd movies he hadn't seen when it was still a laptop plan rofl)