Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

A Christmas miracle (luck/car thread)

bwaniebwanie Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Singularity Engine++
Sometimes, the universe just decides to smile rather than shit on you for a change.

Two weeks ago, on the same day mind you, i scored a 1000 euro worth of perfect condition 2nd hand clothes for 37 euro (7 designer pieces), as well as getting 100 dollars off on a pair of super comfy, super slick leather shoes because some store clerk forgot to take them out of the store for winter sale.

Today this happened:

I just got a new Job and needed to still pick a company car as i opted for a temporary car. The temp car was a civic hybrid which i am absolutely in love with.

So today, totally on a whim i decided, that's my car. Talked to my boss who gave the go-ahead to get an offer from a dealer.

"Ring-ring. Yes this is so-and-so, can you quote me on the civic hybrid? Black, full option except 16" rims and leather please.

"They're sold out EVERYWHERE and no-more will be available (* honda is pulling the plug in favor of that fuck-ugly insight piece of crap).

"....well FUCK."

I was devastated. This car has everything. Navigation, automatic, is not prius-ugly and is pretty zippy.

AND, most importantly, due to tax-laws would only cost me 160 euro a month, where a similar non-hybrid car would be 250 easily.

But, i got a hold of a dealer who had a 2 month old demo in my preferred color (metallic black), willing to sell if i could find a lease company willing to take a first-owner car into their fleet. They offered me a 5000 euro discount for it being a demo.

My boss pulled some favors and strings and even agreed on me getting the full nav + 16" inch rims + leather.
And it will only cost me like 140 euro a month now!

Civic-Hybrid.jpg

You guys had any good fortune lately? Or talk about cars i guess, if you're one of those unlucky types.

bwanie on