As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What are you making? [Artsy farts and craftsy asses]

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    By the way, I've built up little balls of excess/spare yarn, and I'm wondering what I should do with them aside from letting them sit in a ziploc bag forever. They're various colours, and all lace to sport weight. I guess I could make crochet leaves or something... which I could then piece together into a ... tree? Does anyone have a super basic recommendation?

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    By the way, I've built up little balls of excess/spare yarn, and I'm wondering what I should do with them aside from letting them sit in a ziploc bag forever. They're various colours, and all lace to sport weight. I guess I could make crochet leaves or something... which I could then piece together into a ... tree? Does anyone have a super basic recommendation?

something with lots of little tiny stripes?

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Stop making things I need to own

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    EiHBazm.jpg

we made a pair o' these today

So...ummm...what would a pair of Hermes-wings-for-my-chucks cost me to obtain?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    first you must consult the oracle at Delphi!

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Making a bandolier for my uh, Chewbakkitty co-pilot's "costume" (visual gag expected to last for approx. 1 comical instagram selfie, but still)

Greeblies in progress:
    DSC_0163.jpg

Premo black polymer clay, in progress of powder-coating with a high brightness mica powder

DSC_0164.jpg

Fully powder-coated and holes punched prior to baking. Gonna throw these in the oven tonight and sew 'em on, then stitch the top band on

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    EiHBazm.jpg

These guys are a fairly common sight attached to Roller Derby skates. One of the girls on my team has a pair.

A4-3.jpg?1379431334

Made of metal seems like an excellent way to totally ruin your laces though??

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    EiHBazm.jpg

These guys are a fairly common sight attached to Roller Derby skates. One of the girls on my team has a pair.

A4-3.jpg?1379431334

Made of metal seems like an excellent way to totally ruin your laces though??

In roller derby it seems like the equivalent of adding spiked spokes to your wheels

• Options
    The grommets on your shoes are metal too, but they're usually polished or enameled.

I'd probably grind them out a bit by hand with a needle file and then patina/lacquer them

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It would be comically easy to fit some.nice copper grommets to the lace holes to prevent any damage to the laces.

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    EiHBazm.jpg

Yeah this looks like an etsy purchase that I just can't find the store for

• Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    The grommets on your shoes are metal too, but they're usually polished or enameled.

I'd probably grind them out a bit by hand with a needle file and then patina/lacquer them

this is precisely what we did!

@N1tSt4lker‌ check yer PMs

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    EiHBazm.jpg

Except that there's one in the sig. :)

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Ah, cool! I don't use sigs on mobile so that'd be how I missed that.

• Options
    ceres wrote: »
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    EiHBazm.jpg

Except that there's one in the sig. :)

The mobile client betrays me again!!!

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Do you live in mosquito land? Right next to the mosquito queen?
    Also tapeslinger, soonish I'm going to pm you my process and get some insight because of reasons.

I think so =/

@Xaquin have you finished purging the mosquitos? We must see the progresssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I will be starting again November 1st!

Edit: in good news, I found a local saw mill to shorten it a few inches

Or 20 if I go for a coffee table =P

Xaquin on
  • Options
    w7U2gUN.jpg

we made another tree. this one's six inches, two taller than the last one. i see no reason why we shouldn't make them even bigger

• Options
    AC Halloween thread cross post

chewbakkity.jpg

Chewbakkitty bandolier progress
    Just need to make tiny gear bag and stitch it together!

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Oh shit apparently I had this in my drafts and never posted it. gg, me.

@lonelyahava‌ this is how I set up my crayon art. It's crayons glued to a piece of cardboard (I used a flap from a box), which I taped to the back if the canvas. The shapes were made using double-sided stick paper but my friend used masking tape and that seemed to work even better (but it's harder to make shapes). I prefer to use an embossing gun to melt the crayons, as it's a more concentrated heat source but I also used a hair dryer and both did work. Hair dryer was definitely more messy but I feel like they give them different looks.

aot7Gx0.jpg

e3TABra.jpg

K1mGCko.jpg
    (on this one they're glued to the paper itself. That didn't work out so great.)

Sheri on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    There is thin masking tape that is a lot more flexible and used in car detailing stuff which you'd be able to get decent shapes out of I imagine. Melted crayon stuff is fun and the kid loved doing it.
    I love the Disney thing though! That's awesome.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So I had a particularly crafty weekend a couple of weekends ago.

It started because I needed a small bit of table for doing kitcheny things, as my Joey-room apartment doesn't have a proper kitchen. My mom has had this wrought iron sewing machine base table around for years, but currently wasn't using it for anything, so I asked and received! It needed a definite refurbish, though, as it had been outside for years. So I started with a good scrubdown for the spider webs and rust issues.
    WpVAuFH.jpg The cat was very curious about it once the hose was shut off.
    Then I covered the wooden top and commenced to spray paint away.
    dt3jlyX.jpg
    I refurbished myself a little, too. Apparently, I can't even keep my hands paint-free when it comes in a handy spray can.
    v4NceeT.jpg
    MouCA38.jpg

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    And finally, it has a good home.
    Fn982ai.jpg
    I made a little laminated-cotton cover for it, but I don't have a picture uploaded of that yet.

So while I was painty, I broke out the leftover chalkboard paint that my sister had bequeathed me and gave my sewing area a chalkboard.
    BOG7SHM.jpg
    Then, I thought of using it to give these tins I'm using for notions some label space.
    L0WKb4H.jpg
    Then I finished a dress.
    UBZO1Bt.jpg
    Sorry for the mess and awkward pose. haha

I felt very productive. Now I can procrastinate a little bit. :-P

• Options
    daaamn you did a nice job on that sewing machine treadle! i have a very similar one kicking around i been trying to turn into a pedal lathe

• Options
    daaamn you did a nice job on that sewing machine treadle! i have a very similar one kicking around i been trying to turn into a pedal lathe

Thanks! I'm pleased with it. It seems like a treadle table would be a great size to hold a lathe.

• Options
    MFoCy13.jpg

• Options
    i'm cheating by posting something awesome i didn't make, but it's awesome and it'll help me make awesome stuff

TWZ6fi6.jpg

oh my glob it's so good, plus it was cheap

• Options
    I'm simultaneously crocheting hats and making homemade treats for Lando

I am so crafty right now

• Options
    I am picking up knitting again because my girlfriend has a ton of yarn she hates and I have lots of friends who need gifts from someone with no taste in color.

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Knitting is fun! I'm six balls of yarn away from being halfway done with a twin-sized blanket right now.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Okay here's the deal. I'm ten bucks short on the rent that needs to be in by the fifth and I have half assed sculptures to sell. I can take payments via Google wallet I guess?

Well here's a link to my sculptures or you can request something new (please give me an advance)

So name your price! Also keep in mind some sculptures may not exist anymore:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/127130734@N07/S81Z65

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Oh some of those sculptures are NSFW as hell. Be warned

• Options
    Today I made a hat for a friend, which is good because I just shelled out $400 I don't have for my car. Every little bit helps. :\

kCsg9K0.jpg

I also made homemade dog treats!

Peanut butter treats:
    sVQCWeQ.jpg

Sweet potato chews:
    z8VYLwv.jpg

• Options
    AngiKateAngiKate Registered User regular
    I made my niece a pumpkin hat for Halloween
    achc65yrqapr.jpg

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    right now, my craft room is the dumping ground for all of the 'other' boxes and things.

But soon, soon it will be pulled together, things will be sorted out and unboxed. And then.

then I can set up my sewing machine and my tables and I can start working on things.

Like my table runner and tablecloth and some more placemats.

And maybe curtains for my kitchen.

• Options
    More hat + doggy treats (more cinnamon sweet potato chews)

6ESfbGe.jpg

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    I'm simultaneously crocheting hats and making homemade treats for Lando

I am so crafty right now

Damn girl, how many arms do you have?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
  • Options
    AngiKateAngiKate Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Sheri wrote: »
    I'm actually an octopus

i-bf44bf85554dd81ea3e69f82f28b50f0-sm_knitmas.jpg
    *I did not make these, just found them on the intarwebz*

AngiKate on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Okay here's the deal. I'm ten bucks short on the rent that needs to be in by the fifth and I have half assed sculptures to sell. I can take payments via Google wallet I guess?

Well here's a link to my sculptures or you can request something new (please give me an advance)

So name your price! Also keep in mind some sculptures may not exist anymore:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/127130734@N07/S81Z65

While I'm normally pretty squeamish, those ones with the musculature and stuff are fuckin awesome

also, lol at what looks to be H.R. Giger-inspired dongers

JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.