As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Poké] Voltage: A No, No, No Sort Of Thing

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    That's ballin'. You're ballin'. Have a voltage Voltage4.gif

And yeah, barring any players having anything else they would like to do with the current scene, I'll go ahead and kick things into the next "chapter" or whatever you'd call it sometime tomorrow evening.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    :^:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    HeaderHeaderBoBeader.png

~Malachite Forest~

The short rest comes to an eventual end as the group's stories end and idle conversation dries up. Equipment and leftover food is stowed and the pair of servants re-shoulder their burdens, ready to take the path forward up once more. The going is no less tough than before, but the breather has done much to bolster weary bodies and spirits, and the servants hack away at the heavy growth inhibiting the travelers' progress with renewed determination, cutting down vines and branches and shoving aside the dense underbrush with a will.

Not yet an hour into the next leg of the journey and Fenrir's ears perk up, the canine Pokemon falling back from his lockstep pace at Makai's side to sniff the air with curiosity. With a rumbling growl of interest, the Houndour picks up the pace, pushing past his Trainer in his haste to be to the fore of the company. At the front of the procession, the servants are finally able to sheath their machetes, the greenery having slowly thinned to the point where forcibly slashing out a path is no longer necessary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few more minutes march and the reason for Fenrir's eager behavior becomes obvious to everyone. The trees suddenly begin to sharply thin out, allowing more and more uninterrupted glimpses of the cloudy sky overhead. Those few trees that still stand look unhealthy, their branches brittle and dry, and their sparse leaves have been rendered crumbling and pale by some unknown contagion or pestilence.

Not much further ahead, there is no sign of any trees, sickly or otherwise. The cracked ground is bare of plant life, and large, jagged rocks jut from the earth, in some places forming small hills, cliffs, and plateaus, and even piles that look suspiciously like cairns, all providing cover and limiting visibility of the barren landscape. The thick, acrid stench of soot hangs heavy in the air, and the atmosphere is blisteringly hot and dry. Fine particulates of dust hang in the air along with faint traces of black, oily smoke, stirred from the parched ground by a faint breeze that whistles through the standing stones. It's quite easy to see why these places are referred to as "scars".

What do you do?

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Look what I finally did.
    Tullius - [Praetor 3] [Booksmart 1] - Volt: 6

Goal: Bring unity to the world through a common system of law.
    Belief: Never give up without a fight.
    Fear: Make a mistake at the cost of an innocent.
    Traits: [Praetor 3] [Booksmart 1]
    Weapon: Codex of Law (Tomekind)
    Voltage: Voltage.gif x 6

Name: Timaeus
    Level: 10
    Species: Oshawott
    Type: Water/Fighting
    =============
    Loyalty: Friendly
    Demeanor: Just
    Need: Friendship
    Quirk: Likes to polish scalchop
    =============
    Weak: Electric, Grass, Psychic
    Resist: Fire, Ground, Steel, Ghost, Rock
    =============
    Moves: Aqua Jet [Water / Charging / Physical]; Cross Chop [Fighting / Powerful / Physical]; Razor Shell [Water / Finisher / Physical]
    Assists: [Cut 1]
    =============
    HP - 4/4 At - 3/3 Df - 2/2
    Sp - 3/3 SA - 1/1 SD - 2/2
    =============

Name: Orion
    Level: 5
    Species: Skorupi
    Type: Bug/Poison
    =============
    Loyalty: Neutral
    Demeanor: Somber
    Need: Sweets
    Quirk: Hides often
    =============
    Weak: Flying, Steel, Rock
    Resist: Grass, Fighting, Poison, Dark, Psychic
    =============
    Moves: Poison Tail [Poison / Testing / Physical]; Fury Cutter [Bug / Offensive / Physical]
    Assists: [Burrow 1]
    =============
    HP - 6/6 At - 2/2 Df - 3/3
    Sp - 1/1 SA - 1/1 SD - 3/3
    =============

Timaeus - Oshawott - Water/Fighting - [ Weak | Resist ]
    HP - 4/4 | At - 3/3 | Df - 2/2 | SA - 1/1 | SD - 2/2 | Sp - 3/3
    [ Aqua Jet ] [ Cross Chop ] [ Razor Shell ] [ - ]

Orion - Skorupi- Bug/Poison - [ Weak | Resist ]
    HP - 6/6 | At - 2/2 | Df - 3/3 | SA - 1/1 | SD - 3/3 | Sp - 1/1
    [ Poison Tail ] [ Fury Cutter ] [ - ] [ - ]

• Options
    Tullius [Booksmart 1][Praetor 3] - Volt: 6
    *Timaeus
    Orion

Tullius examined his new environment carefully. He had certainly never seen its equal before. But what could have caused it? He was no herbalist, he had no knowledge of what might cause the trees to behave in such a way. In fact, the presence of the tree pestilence suggested that the phenomenon was expanding. No natural flame could cause anything like this.

Tullius mused aloud. "When a strong Pokemon inhabits an area, its continual presence affects its habitat. I wonder if one might be the cause of this." The real question was: what type of Pokemon would cause this? Flames purge, but they make way for new growth in their wake. Poison and Dark were the most likely suspects. He stepped out into the scar, folding a bit of his robe over his mouth as a makeshift filter to keep the dust and ash from his lungs. "Whatever's causing it is most likely at the center. Let's go."

• Options
    ~Malachite Scar~

The porters share a brief glance of concern before one shrugs helplessly, and rummages in his pack for a pair of spare cotton tunics, one of which he tosses to his compatriot. Following Tullius' example, they wrap the cloth around their heads and mouth to protect them from the worst of the airborne pollutants.

Gravel-strewn dirt crunching loudly under their feet, they reluctantly follow the Praetor into the Scar.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Sorry missed the thread for a bit.
    That's ballin'. You're ballin'. Have a voltage Voltage4.gif
    NeoToma wrote: »
    :^:

<3 Thanks guys.

Anyway I should probably do in IC post I guess.

Catarine and Mitsuhide[Noblewoman 3][Delicate Fencer 1]
    Voltage:Voltage4.gifVoltage4.gifVoltage4.gifVoltage4.gifVoltage4.gifVoltage4.gifVoltage4.gifVoltage4.gif

Catarine stares out at the ruined ground before the group, they had been told there were burnt scars in the forest, but this was on a much larger scale than she had expected. There is not much in the way of foliage to conceal potential ambushers, but the large rocky outcroppings could easily hide any number of threats.

She beckons to her partner who unbuckles the pack and removes a long engraved box from which she selects an ostentatious rapier. Belting the sword round her waist she looks up to see Tullius the Praetor already heading out into the clearing. She hurries forwards to catch up with him, the acrid smoke-filled air catching in her throat. 'Might want to slow down a bit there ser,' she mutters quietly to Tullius as she reaches him, taking care to keep her voice low, 'No offense intended but you are not the sort of person I would like to see caught in an ambush on their own.'

The air rapidly becomes even less palatable as they venture further into the ruined terrain, she fishes out a silk handkerchief, moistens it slightly with water from the canteen and clamps it across her mouth. Mitsuhide appears unperturbed by the unpleasant atmosphere but remains close to the group, keeping a watchful eye on the surroundings.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    *Timaeus
    Orion

"Ah, but I won't be alone," Tullius smiles. The Oshawott at his feet glares smugly at her. Surely she hadn't forgotten about him? "Naturally, you're with me," he put a hand on Catarine's shoulder. "I needn't worry for my safety so long as you have such weapons as that sword."

Several moments later, Tullius gives a shout of pain. "Ow! Hey, what was that?" He looks around and sees Timaeus attempting to look inconspicuous. "And of course, I have Timaeus, too," he added placatingly.

• Options
    Something is off about Halos' post, but I can't figure out what it is.

• Options
    The colors are switched?

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    That is because I'm a unique snowflake.

Fixed.

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Tanaka & Gigen
    [Manful Martial Monk 3] - [Willful Wisdom Seeker 1] ~ [Shakuhachi 1] ~ Volt: 7

Tanaka pulls a square of sloth out of his sleeve and ties it around his face. Much better.

"Don't think you're leaving me behind, O Tullius, He Who Butchers Fables." He rubs his chin. "And besides, wouldn't be much of a Budoka if I didn't help heal one of the earth's wounds."

Shock G on
  • Options
    What's with you and calling my characters butchers, Shock?

• Options
    maybe you should stop making mass murdering sociopaths

• Options
    maybe you should stop making the same character with varying gender

• Options
    Makai[Ninja 3] [Traveling Puppeteer 1]

Voltage:Voltage.gifVoltage.gifVoltage.gifVoltage.gifVoltage.gifVoltage.gif

Makai follows Tullis' instruction and covers the lower part of his face with the front of his cloak. He looks oddly natural like that.

"Good job Fenrir." maki fishes out a bit of sweet meat from those morning and tosses it to the houndour."hmmm, you think a Pokemon made these? he says as going up to one of the cairns. "What kind of Pokemon that would cause such destruction then create a memorial on the site? Curious" he strokes the peach fuzz on his chin thoughtfully.

• Options
    Terrendos wrote: »
    maybe you should stop making the same character with varying gender

yeah, probably

• Options
    edited May 2012
    ~Malachite Scar~

Jagged, black rocks sliding and skidding underfoot as they clamber over the uneven ground, the party walks into the wasteland-like terrain cautiously, their initial path taking them up the side of a gently sloping hillock of loose stones and sooty dust. The newly found elevation allows everyone a better view of the Scar's disposition. It appears to be an irregular but roughly circular blight in the forest, the sight of a treeline several stone throws ahead marking the opposite, Northern boundary of the unusual environment. Though detail and exact distance is hard to pick out through the copious amounts of aerial dust, smoke, and vision-blurring heat, it looks like the Scar could be crossed on foot in mere minutes if you picked your path carefully. Jutting sections of natural rocky outcroppings and the strange cairns are strewn randomly across the landscape, running from waist high to approximately twice the height of your average person. Just as Catarine noted, they provide a good deal of cover for clandestine movement, and suitable places for an ambush are easy for even a moderately experienced skirmisher to spot.

Perhaps of even greater interest, from this vantage point a few nearby depressions in the ground can be seen ahead and below of your position, their content's vibrant color providing a sharp contrast to the blackened rock and dirt. Bubbling and spitting like a pot-aboil, the cherry-red, opaque "liquid" filling the small pools looks quite threatening, and from the looks of the foul-smelling steam and vast, air-distorting waves of heat emanating from within them they seem fully capable of acting out on that threat if not approached with caution.

Unconcerned with the foreboding surroundings, Fenrir deftly snaps the tossed treat out of the air, teeth crunching through the candied exterior. Examining the nearest "cairn" closer, Makai finds that if the chest high pile-o-rocks was indeed constructed as some sort of marker or monument, whoever or whatever did so took the time to cement the rocks so firmly in place they might as well be a single whole. Nothing short of a sledgehammer is going to take this thing apart, though he can't spot any sign of mortar or tar holding the rocks in place, they just seem to be outright melted into each other. Other than these peculiarities, it just looks like a very vertical pile of stones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Though I don't think anyone has any particularly relevant traits (beyond Tullius' [Booksmart], perhaps) feel free to wager (in a spoiler) up some voltage if you'd like to attempt to notice, analyze, or create anything in particular.

If you do so, there's a few outcomes. I could reject the wager, and either let happen what you wanted to happen for free (probably because it wasn't worth you spending a voltage to accomplish) or not let you do what you wanted (probably because it was too ridiculous to even consider) or I'll accept your wager and place one of my own, possibly with an ante if I think the effect will be powerful or outlandish enough.

Then I'll open your wager spoiler and compare. If my total is higher than yours, I get to dictate something that happens (pro-tip: things will probably go wrong) and you get a Voltage from my total, if your total is higher (and you have enough to pay any ante) then you get your way and can describe your thing happening however you like (or you could decide my requested ante is too high and drop it/argue) but you gotta give me a Voltage from your total.

Remember that you can use one relevant Trait and one relevant Item to improve a Wager, or just use zero Voltage and use only your Trait/Item rank for the wager (you can even try to bluff me with a spoiler with nothing in it, if you like). Make sure to note somewhere if you are using a Trait/Item and how it's helping when you make a Volt-Wager-thing.

Edit: Gonna be around pretty much all day tomorrow for updatin'/rule explainin'/gettin' shouted at if anyone needs me.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Tanaka & Gigen

"Man, why would something do this?" Both Monk and 'Mon look pensive. "I guess we should go find out. Especially near those nifty red pools!" Gigen nods.

let's look for pokemon (volcano-camels)! and also find out the deal with those lavatic vents I guess
    three volts into the fire

• Options
    *Timaeus
    Orion

"I've got your back, I guess." Probably a good idea to have a water type along, just in case. Tullius motioned to Timaeus, who sheathed his freshly-polished scalchop and joined with the group making their way towards the pools of lava.

I'm in on some wagering action, let's get us some cool Fire types.
    Since I'm not looking for anything specific, I'll just throw down a single voltage and we'll see what we see.

• Options
    Well then! I accept both wagers and bid 1 against Shock and 5 against Terr.

...Looks like Shock wagered 3 and Terr wagered 1. Shock gets his wish and owes me a volt, Terr does not but he gets a volt as a consolation prize.

If you want to hold your win narration until tomorrow morning when I can get a post up, Shock, I think I got a thing that should work nicely.

• Options
    Just putting this here for the sake of me remembering.

Tullius [Booksmart 1][Praetor 3] - Volt: 7
    *Timaeus
    Orion

• Options
    edited May 2012
    ~Malachite Scar~

As Tullius and Tanaka scramble down the side of the hill towards the apparently volcanic craters, a sharp crack resounds throughout the Scar and the grinding of the tumbling stones and loose gravel they are knocking down the slope with their footsteps slowly resolve into a stronger rumble, a deep bass thrumming that resonates up through their legs from the ground below making their limbs wobbly and innards uneasy.

The pair, as well as the party still at the top of the hill, can see a heavy cloud of dark smoke ascending into the air over a nearby, previously unremarkable, section of the wasteland like water from a geyser. The smoke begins settling downward into an impenetrable, black brume across the ground, hot cinders dancing on the air currents within the roiling bank of rapidly spreading effluvium.

As the mild tremor fades, the sound of clattering rocks coming from within the cloud does not. As the group watches, a squat, blackish-green quadruped sprints out of the blanket of smog with all the haste in its four stubby legs, sending rocks spilling over the edge of the small cliff it's running alongside. Suddenly, it digs its feet in and skids to a stop, throwing up a cloud of dry dust to mingle with the spreading smoke. As if on cue, a pair of fiery gouts of flame violently stab out of the cloud behind it with a roar, lighting up the interior enough to reveal the outlines of other creatures within the murk. The streams of fire splash dangerously, but harmlessly, close to the initial Pokemon, impacting beside it and quickly dying out on the inhospitable ground.

Spinning to face the edge, a thin tendril emerges from underneath the mottled, bulb-shaped hump on its back, neatly affixing itself to a nearby outcropping of stone as though alive. Without looking back, it leaps off into thin air, the rope-like strand it's attached to snapping taut as it rappels to the ground below with a grunt.

Its pursuers step out of the smoke only seconds behind it, blinking soot out of their eyes and looking none too happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're up to bat now, Shock. Arena Map to follow.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Tanaka & Gigen
    [Manful Martial Monk 3] - [Willful Wisdom Seeker 1] ~ [Shakuhachi 1] ~ Volt: 6

"Hey!" Tanaka runs toward the cloud of ash, Gigen held above his head like an egg, or one of those weird hooded mask-y guys. "Stop trying to braze that bulb!" Tanaka tosses his grenade at the attackers. Gigen sails through the sky, claws out and his look mean, before hitting the dirt in a way that only twenty pounds of ectoplasm can. He peels himself off the ground, jumps to his feet, takes a peer into dust-screen, and gets back to being a goddamn hero.

The Sableye's sable eyes catch sight of a flame bobbing in the smoke, and he leaps at it like a jungle cat. On his way over, Gigen notices three things: one, his target is the same sort of crimson as the lava pools dotting the area, bipedal, and kinda cute. And its tail is on fire. Two, it has a companion, who is yellow, four legged, single humped, and has a face that couldn't give a fuck if it ran a charity brothel. And three, that cute red lizard is coming up faster than it should be.

They land in a pile. Gigen disentangles himself from his prey, the salamander shouting and squealing the whole time. Little guy must think this is all funsies. Little Guy's camel compatriot, however, looks pretty steamed, and it spits a gout of flame right at out hero's heart. Gigen dodges to the side and surges forward, intent bloody, execution quick and underhanded.

Gigen uses Shadow Sneak on Numel!

Gigen taken care of, Tanaka gets in front of the Bulbasaur, getting all protective. "Hey, there." he says, pointing a thumb at his face. "I'm Tanaka, and that guy I threw was Gigen. We're here to save you."

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Tullius [Booksmart 1][Praetor 3] - Volt: 7
    *Timaeus
    Orion

Far from being outdone, Tullius shouts a command to Timaeus as he rushes to Tanaka's aid. "Flank the cloud, and give whatever's inside a taste of your scalchop, huh?"

Timaeus nodded in understanding, unsheathing his blade with a deadly serious look, and also making sure to give the green Pokemon a wide berth. The otter charged up some water before letting loose a furious spray down and in the direction of the cloud. Keeping up the high volume, he held his scalchop in one paw while dropping to his stomach and body surfing along the watery path he made himself. Surfing on the water allowed Timaeus to travel a much higher velocity, and increase the force of the impact.

Timaeus used Aqua Jet on whatever's in the cloud!

Wager:
    2 Voltage to clear the air enough to see the obscured foes.

Meanwhile, Tullius grabbed the book dangling from his shoulder and held it menacingly. He stopped not far from Tanaka and the bulbous Pokemon. "What's the plan here, Mr. Budoka?"

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Terrendos' wager accepted, bidding 1 against it.

...2 beats my 1! I get a Volt and Terr gets to clear the air a bit.

~Putting the Charm in Charmander~

The shadows aplenty within the smoke cloud make Gigen's spectral attack a breeze to execute. The Numel has no time to react, but as the Sableye's fist connects solidly with the Pokemon's snout, it seems that quick reactions isn't exactly its forté. Taking a crack from a creature going the speed of darkness and barely flinching? Totally its forté.

Gigen uses Shadow Sneak!
    Numel takes 1 Defense Damage!

Before the spook can fade back into the gloom, the Charmander from before pops up like a jack-in-the-box in between Gigen and the Numel. Fiery tail whipping playfully at the air, it leaps.

Not quite sure what's going on, but very certain he doesn't like it, Gigen desperately backpedals away from the unwanted attention, baffled and confused in the face of an opponent who doesn't seem to be trying to hurt him so much as invade his personal space like it was going out of style.

Charmander used Charm!
    Gigen takes 1 Attack Damage!
    It's Not Very Effective...

In his keenness to evade the doting Charmander, Gigen has little attention to spare on the Numel, who has been spending the interim carefully rearing up onto its hind legs (and possibly snickering). Slowly, it stomps downward, its forelegs impacting the ground with a deceptive power more commonly seen in landslides and continental drift. The ground in front of it ruptures, blasting out shards of stone and sending hairline cracks across the surface of the cliff. Gigen has just enough time to start framing a swear before the shaking ground beneath surges forth in a localized explosion, blasting the hapless ghost skyward in a shower of dust and gravel.

Numel used Magnitude! Magnitude 6!
    Gigen takes 1 Defense Damage!
    Gigen is Shifted to Lava Pools!

Gigen lands on his feet at the bottom of the cliff, his slight-but-tough form allowing him to make a gentle landing, takes more than a wannabe earthquake to keep this Ghost down. Brushing a few errant specks of dirt from his mostly-ethereal shoulder, he takes stock of his situation.

He appears to be surrounded by pools of lava. Thank goodness there's no such thing as convection.

~Arenas~

Tiny Hillock
    Creatures: Elise & Mitsuhide, Catarine & Zeal, Makai & Iktomi
    Features: Cairn (Crush)

Cliff Base
    Creatures: Bulbasaur, Tullius, Tanaka
    Features: None

Lava Pools
    Creatures: Gigen
    Features: Lava (Soak)

Cliff Top
    Creatures: Charmander, Numel, Timaeus
    Features: Smoke (Gust), Cairn (Crush)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone care to wager on the Bulbasaur's reaction to being saved? I know I do.
    Putting 3 Voltage on "violently"

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Wager:
    1 volt on green

• Options
    edited May 2012
    In the case of 3+ person wagers where I win, I give the loser-voltage to whoever has the least voltage.

If a player wins, I get the voltage because GM preference or something, I don't know.

Meaning since Shock has so graciously put his wager in a spoiler, people can still throw in if they like (no peeking in the spoilers until you post a wager or decide to abstain, obviously).

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    *Timaeus
    Orion

Although Timaeus didn't score any direct hits while surfing through the smoke cloud, the freshwater spray in his wake combined with the gust of air in his wake did an excellent job of dissipating the smoke and giving everyone a view of the battle. Now that he and Tullius could see things clearly, the Oshawott made a remarkably agile dismount from his bodysurfing position, landing on his hindpaws and skidding to a halt in a defensive stance, sizing up his now visible opponents.

Timaeus was about to renew his assault when Tullius blew a sharp whistle, calling him to stop. Tullius called out to his Pokemon. "Okay, let's figure this out before you go all swordsman on these guys. I'm sure they realize they'll be outclassed if they attack you." This prompted Timaeus to smile appreciatively and drop out of his stance... but not to sheathe his scalchop. He watched all three unknown Pokemon with a cautious eye, prepared just in case one of them made a wrong move.

• Options
    Well, Shock's 1 Volt doesn't compare to my 3. Liking this whole voltage wager resolution thing quite a bit, so far anyway.

~Malachite Scar~

Tanaka's words don't exactly have the intended effect. The Bulbasaur backs away toward the cliff as though threatened, looking incredibly annoyed. A thin vine-like whip snaps out from the Pokemon's bulb, smacking Tanaka in the chest, and as the monk attempts to take a step backwards to regain his balance from the smarting blow, he realizes a loop of vine has been snaked around his ankle.

As Tanaka hits the ground heavily, the Bulbasaur takes to its heels, sprinting towards the treeline to the south, and incidentally towards the rest of the group.

• Options
    Tanaka & Gigen

Gigen smiles. This one has some fight, yes. And it deposited him in the perfect place for grand combat.

The ghost beckons the camel. Come, then! Let us see what you're made of!

~~~~~

While he's falling, Tanaka takes stock of the situation. Either: A. Both the Cloud Creatures and Bulbasaur are jerks, B. The Cloud Creatures are misunderstood and Bulbasaur is a jerk, or C. The Cloud Creatures are jerks and Bulbasaur is just skittish. He decides he needs more data before he can come to any conclusions.

Tanaka scrambles to his feet and runs after the Bulb-mon.

"Hey, guy! Tell me if you're an asshole!"

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Look at Tanaka, all assuming some Pokemon aren't assholes.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    *Timaeus
    Orion

Tullius gives Tanaka a cross glare. "Please tell me that's not your plan."

• Options
    The heck are Halos and Neotoma.

And Rawk technically, but I see that guy everyday so whatever.

• Options
    Honestly I've been wanting to post but quibbling about my new stat line
    Once you make an action with you new stat line it is LAW

• Options
    I've never been one to lock people into choices they decide they don't like. Take your time though, I was just worried I was losing people or something.

• Options
    Right, posting, I should probably do some of that.

[BCatarine [Noblewoman 3][Delicate Fencer 1] - Voltage: 8
    Mitsuhide

About to voice a reply to Tullius Catarine is caught unawares by the commotion further down the scar, looking around in time to spot the monk and his imp leap into a cloud of pallid smoke.

Mitsuhide, keeping a watchful eye on the surroundings, is far less distracted and swiftly steps around and in front of his mistress, feet slipping naturally into a defensive stance. In the same moment a scampering green creature comes dashing madly up through the scree, Mitsuhide fixes it with a harsh, appraising stare. Is this frantic run the lead up to an attack? Or just an attempt to escape? The blade pokémon shall not hesitate to take out the creature if it proves hostile, but attacking a potential innocent?

So I guess Mitsuhide moves to cover Catarine. And he can try to guess the Bulbasaurs next move? Or like intimidate it? Not sure if that would be allowed.

Sorry for not posting earlier, had exams, but now they're finished for good so I shouldn't be the root of any further delays.

• Options
    Makai[Ninja 3] [Traveling Puppeteer 1]
    Voltage.gifVoltage.gifVoltage.gifVoltage.gifVoltage.gifVoltage.gif

Iktomi - JOLTIK - BUG/ELECTRIC - [ Weak | Resist ]
    HP - 4/4 | At - 1/1 | Df - 2/2 | SA - 3/3 | SD - 2/2 | Sp - 3/3
    [ Bug bite ] [ Electroweb ] [ - ] [ - ]

"Alright. Alright. Here's your chance." The Joltik had been hopping and scampering atop the ninja's head ever since the the monk and the praetor went off towards the action. Makai had decided he was more interested in watching. Iktomi makes an aggressive buzzing noise and points a tiny claw at the ungrateful grayish thing, before leaping off her perch and charging. She scampers left and the right before getting behind it and leaping at the small quadruped's succulent bulb.

Iktomi uses Bug Bite on Bulbasaur

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Aw maaan Neo come onnn

Still trying this idea.

Elise & Zeal Voltage.gifVoltage3.gifVoltage2.gif

The black and green quadruped's arrival is interrupted by being prodded with the wooden haft of Elise's halberd, some soot falling to the ground.

"Come on! You're going to run away, let that" she points her halberd at Gigen, who is probably in the process of or is about to show off in some way, "show you up?"

"Well, if that's the way you want to be..." Elise points charmanderwards and Zeal, with an ostentatious triple smile at the bulbasaur, soars skyward, divebombing the charmander across the face. Three skyward barrel rolls later, the combee turns around to smile at Elise at the distant hill.

Elise attempts to goad Bulbasaur to perform an action
    Wager:
    1 volt to attack one of the two fire types
    (possibly boosted by Zeal's fly assist, vOv)

Zeal uses Aerial Ace to shift to and attack charmander

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Quick reminder that being very clear with the intent and effect of your wager makes things easier on everyone.

Also thinking combining Charging and Mobile moves into a single style might work nicely. You still have to move when you use it, but can choose to move either before or after attacking. Makes it more flexible to fit with the slightly more loosey goosey Arenas?

And update tomorrow at some point, I think.