As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Poké] Voltage: A No, No, No Sort Of Thing

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    MarshGM3.png

MarshGM.png

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Btw, where is everyone getting those avatar things?

• Options
    MarshGM.png The Pokemon ones are mostly sprites from the Mystery Dungeon games, available from your sprite-ripping site of choice. Sometimes they are slightly edited for a greater variety of expressions and such.

MarshGM.png I use this one, for preference.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Working on a post, main ideas;

Trade [Newly Sharpen Kunais] for [Murder of Krows]

Do ninja training to get the [Sheninja's Shadow Sneak] technique

"Fenrir can do smoke. I'm fast. Iktomi can create traps and tie things up. Roscoe could maybe carry a cow, he's pretty strong, and good at hiding things....hmm."

Thinking about maybe thunderstoning Solrock and turning him into a more storm clouds, weather guy
    A ghost stone turn him into a creepy halloween lunatone.
    Even better have Iktomi steal the Broken Mask in attempt to heal the failing solrock and turns him into majora's situation

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    This is a good time to recall that Solrock is Loyalty: Hostile!

Though it's possible that wrestling him into submission will work as well as it did for Fenir* Assuming he can be brought around, those other ideas are rad.

*[Common Sense] Token Expended! This is a blatant lie.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Makai Amakusa - [Ninja] 4/5
    [ PKMN ] [Newly Sharpened Kunais]
    Iktomi | Fenrir | Roscoe | ?????
    ~Cobalt Encampment~

Makai considers what he needs to do to prepare;
    • Tame the ShoutRock.
    • Teach my pokemon new flashy finishing moves
    • Whip this Garbador into something useful

With Roscoe already done, Amakusa diminishes the poison-type more grossed out than impressed with his move. Iktomi shocks Makai and yells in a series bzzts and chitters at her master. He looks down.

Why was I so quick to jump to violence to that chief. Is that what I am now? A rabid dog, a dangerous weapon, a bully? Maybe I caught the shouty jerk because I'm shouty jerk? Anyway, we dont want another Tangela Situation. Time to take the cerebral approach to this psychic type.
    Time to be the story teller. Time to be and the weaver.

He tells Roscoe, that he really digs his move and he's doing great buddy. But this time the ninja means it. Even if they don't have cool battle moves, that doesn't mean the pokemon is bad. They are just good in different ways.

He tells Iktomi & Roscoe to have his back if this all goes sideways. Makai closes his eyes and tries to mentally connect with the Solrock.
    He wraps long yellow scarf over his eyes for dramatic effect.

Wake Up. Wake Up. Wake Up. Wake Up.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    ~Cobalt Encampment~

Wake Up. Wake Up. Wake Up. Wake Up.

~???~:whistle:

His senses reel, the sun overhead casting a shadowy, pallored light around him. Stone steps before him pass, one by one, as he watches his bare feet slowly scale the slope upwards.

The forest extends below, on all sides, moist and silent. The dim surroundings are due to no overcast weather, no lingering clouds. The sun above, even to the unaided eye, is diseased, failing. A darkness seeping in from its edges, throttling, eating away at its bright edges.

The priests call it... Eclipse.

Ahead and behind him, a long line of young women and men like himself sway and tread, slowly, up the stairs. At either side of the approach, an honored warrior stands watch, spear at the ready and Pokemon at their side, though they are a mere formality. None would dare risk to run, to fight, to resist.

To displease the gods would invite a fate far worse than even this.

Step by step, the stairs recede, the moment growing ever closer. Struggling to think of loved ones, better times, the fortunes that had favored his life in years past, he is struck instead by the import of this moment, this event, his own feet continually stepping forward without his willing them to do so.

Guiltily, he wishes he were not here.

Unable to even enjoy the midday sun on his face, the unbridled wind in his hair, he arrives at the apex, the flattened plateau of the pyramid he has climbed. The one in front of him, who's callused heels and sweating back had been his constant companion during the long ascent, is bent low, achingly, spread across a slick, smooth rock, the altar. Their chest forcibly thrust towards the darkening sky, and their eyelids flickering in desperate prayer.

Above him, the priest stands, feathers decorating his shoulders and face, prismatically colorful even in this decaying light. His arms thrown upward, hands clasped around a thin, glittering shard of obsidian.

Sharply descending.

Solrock_1.png
    Solrock
    The Lord of the Sun

"IN THIS WORLD, THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF HUMAN." Solrock intones, cold and distant. Resonating in the confines of Makai's mind. "THE PRIEST, AND THE SACRIFICE. BOTH SERVE ME."

"BUT WHICH ARE YOU?"

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Solrock's Quirk: Might Actually Be The Sun

• Options
    I'm not sure where to jump in, if at all, yet.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    The Bard - [Ninja] 4/5
    Iktomi | Fenrir | Roscoe | Lord Kai'ckul, the Rapid Evening

~???~

He reaches at his side for his masks.

The Trickster. The Demon. The Hedonist.
    No. Gotta do this alone. He rubs the protection amulet and remembers his family before speaking.

"Oh. I totally agree. As for myself I think myself more of a Priest than a Sacrifice. See, a Sacrifice only gets to serve the great lord Kai'ckul once. Where as a priest I'd be serving you, oh great and powerful lord Kai'ckul, for as long as possible. I...isn't that your name? One would only assume one as powerful as you also possesses a name equally powerful and befitting your station."

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka, Gigen & Numel |PKMN|
    [Bell Bonze] ~ [Shakuhachi] ~ [Badling of Lotad] - [Well Supplied] ~ Volt: 4

~Cobalt Encampment~ :whistle:

After a few minutes and a few ministrations, Tanaka rises from the fire with two chipped lacquerware cups filled with steaming leaf juice. He hands one to the Cobalt native and finds a place to set down. Silence holds for a while, before the monk speaks up.

"I remember seeing a couple of towns near here on some old maps. One of them was pretty dang big. Do you know what happened to your neighbors? They ever give you trouble?"

• Options
    edited August 2016
    ~Ducky & Fenrir's Double Feature~ :whistle:
    Houndour.png Ducky...
    Houndour.png Ducky....

The Hellhound looks around to see if anyone is watching, and then lowers himself on the ground in a crouch.

HoundourRight.png"Get on my back."

~ Flashback Retcon~

"You need a challenge to keep you on your toes." Past-Makai strokes his peach fuzz. "Oh what about that water type Eloise picked up. He'd be great partner for you."

~Flashback Retcon End~

Houndour2.png "Listen it's not because I like you or anything. It's just. You're just."
    HoundourRight.png "..the ultimate form of training."
    Houndour.png "Your weight makes it hard to move fast. Your loud awkwardness makes sneaking and being intimidating impossible. Your damp douses my flames. You make me worse at everything I do."
    Houndour2.png "Also having to bare the tremendous burden of letting other people SEE ME carrying you like you're a Lord or Lady!"

Clearly this is what Makai meant when he told the demon dog to use Elise's Pysduck to get stronger. Not like spar with him or something.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited August 2016

~???~ :whistle:

"I'VE BEEN CALLED MANY THINGS," Solrock replies to The Bard, thoughtfully. "I AM SOLROCK."

"I LIVE."

"YOU CAPTURED ME," he accuses, without any especial malice.

"Topaz City," Conroy eventually replies, the steam from his cup of tea wafting around his hands. Crossing his legs, he settles himself down. "Big place, much trade, many soldiers." He blows softly on his beverage. "Once."

"That was south. Southwest was Jade Town. South of those - Hematite. Sometimes they covet us, our land. Send armies. We send them back." He takes a sip.

"Most of them."

"Maybe twenty years ago," he continues. "They try again. Partway through campaign, they retreat. Didn't even ambush them yet." He sips.

"Trouble from the west. Big trouble. Some years later, they return."

"Very, very few of them."

"No soldiers now. Some look to trade, no stomach for fighting. Others just pass through - We lighten their load of supplies, and show them the way."

Could have your character ask Conroy what he thinks lies to the Southeast, since he ought to know and didn't mention anything. A Brave Swordsman could probably get into camp, with Kaziki's mobility, knowing there's food and shelter to be had, and the Cobaltines are mighty hospitable when you don't catch them on the warpath.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    The Bard - [Ninja] 6/6
    ~???~

"It's good to have a lot of names. Many stories and many masks. The right tool for the right job." The Bard walks to the edge of the Ziggurat and clasps his hands behind his back as he looks over at the encroaching darkness.

"Eclipse...so...Solrock " he snaps around to face the Solrock, "I offer you pantheon." There best way into people's minds and into their hearts, is through stories. Take me as your priest. Let me sell you to the world. You join me as one of my new gods." Madness dancing behind the Bards eyes.

"Lord Kai'ckul, the Rapid Evening. How's it sound? ominously romantic? That could be you baby, if you play you cards real cool here. You seem to be a bit of a hothead, but you know how to be cool right?"

NeoToma on
  • Options
    This would be a good time to say Makai is bumping his Network and Knowledge to 1 each.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Kaziki Voltage 4
    679MS.png Soulage 092MS.png Jester

~Cobalt Encampment~

Kaziki looks at Conroy. "You didn't say anything about what lies east of here. Do you know about Chalcedony?"

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Asking the perpetually shouting, mood-swing-prone, floating ball of fire and pride who may or may not be a Legend if he's cool while you're standing on top of a hallucinatory sacrificial pyramid is a bold strategy.

Solrock's Need: Worship

When you've successfully picked out a Pokemon's Need, however, you're allowed to take a few risks.

"YOU OFFER PANTHEON. POWER," Solrock utters, the sun above limned with black.

"SHOW ME." :whistle:

Solrock's heard The Bard's sizzle, now it's time to see what he's actually got cooking.

Conroy looks up at Kaziki, nearly startled into spilling his tea at the young man's appearance, or perhaps just his words. His face quickly adopts the guarded, neutral look Kaziki has long found on those individuals apt to distrust any reference or mention of what was once called 'The Noble Town'.

Those back in Silver Outpost can at least temper their fears and superstitions with the understandable (if still grim) realities of that place, dealing with its nearby presence day after day, but the further he wanders from his hometown, the less the truths of Chalcedony are known and respected. Dire rumors begin to circulate and hold sway, the fodder of stories told to scare children into behaving, or half-whispered tales of calamity and blight.

Of course, this kind of thing can often be turned to Kaziki's benefit, if he plays his cards right.

"Only," the Cobalt native replies carefully. "That it is a cursed place, that is not wisely mentioned."

Typical.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    "Cursed? True, it's a ruin..." Kaziki says as he starts to sit down. He pats the cloth wrapped across his body and Soulage wakes up, drops off the swordsmen and finds a tree to rest on, it's one eye soon closed again. "And even more true that Ghost Pokemon have come to call those ruins home..." Kaziki looks over to the shimmer of air that is the only clue to where Jester is. "But to speak of it, or how it got that way isn't going to harm you. I'm Kaziki, from Silver Outpost." The young warrior watches carefully to see how the Cobaltine reacts to that statement, which is usually a good measure of how far from home he really is.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    The Bard - [Ninja] 6/6
    ~???~

The Bard grins desperate smile. Alone with only is wits and his honeyed tongue.

"The Trickster, a common insect that could fit in anyone's hand." He dons the mask. "But with me..."
    The dreamscape shifts and distorts showing images of Makai's memories with iktomi.
    "...she solve puzzles, defeated dragons, and humbled Legends."

"Or the dog." the charred houndhead helm, fits over the Bard's head perfectly ""A vicious cruel brute that learned to work as team and eventually found his pack..."
    Scenes of Fenrir's greatest hits play
    "Or..."
    The scenes show new things...mostly people talking...

"I heard the Rapid Evening waits at the crossroads, ready to usher your mind safely from Twilight in to Dreamland."
    "Honor this ferry man, this Lord Kai'ckul. And moonlight will guide your path and lead to pleasant refreshing nights sleep."
    " I heard if you go to the pond right at sunset's last light, and make a wish to the moons reflection, Kai'ckul will grant you your hearts desire in your dream and devour nightmares before they reach you."
    "I heard the Rapid e...i heard its a thought demon. A memetic disease. By thinking just thinking his name you've already let him in."
    "My cousin's husband's guildmate said she saw a Bard summon Lord Kai'ckul himself and used it's dread power to destroy his pursuers minds."

Though the details may differ one fact remains the same. Every ominous autumn wind. Every moonlight rendezvous. Every time they need ghost stories while tucking little ones in.

They might speak it aloud. They might speak it under their breath. But they all know the name.
    "Lord Kai'ckul, the Rapid Evening"

Everythingfades back and they are back on the Ziggurat.

"I'm like you. I see them moving. Going along with their little lives content with the attention of a few folk. But not us. For us and it's not enough. It's never enough. You need them to love you. Who's them? Everyone."

Makai sighs, admitting something to himself.

In the marshes of Cobalt there huge fracas between tribes. Suddenly an unearthly howl in the distance. Then a wind that chills everyone to their very core. Dark wings beat as the Murkrows begin to gather. A man loses it, screaming and running off into the nigh. Everyone knows those things only bring misfortune. The smell of sulfur & brimstone wafts in. In the distance, the sky is alive with dancing electricity. And then He comes. Lord Kai'ckul, the Rapid Evening.

"Not to bad, right? "

Stories. Reflections. Dreams. They have value.

"Calypso. I'm back. I think I know why the Dream is deepest where humans dwell."

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka, Gigen & Numel |PKMN|
    [Bell Bonze] ~ [Shakuhachi] ~ [Badling of Lotad] - [Well Supplied] ~ Volt: 4

Tanaka is much worse at hiding his surprise than Conroy. An unenlightened sort of sound jumps out of him.

"Who are- Where did-?" He recollects himself. "Never mind, it's fine."

He takes a pull of his tea, trying to look cool. "A cursed, haunted ruin, eh?" Another drink. "Sounds like the next place. All full of troubles to becalm."

He should probably just put the cup down, seeing as most of its contents migrated to his robes sometime in the past five minutes.

• Options
    edited August 2016

The name of his hometown seems to mean little to the rural tribesman, but this shouldn't surprise Kaziki much, given that the outside world is always more interested in the providence of unearthed artifacts and ancient Apricorns than they are in the hometowns of those brave souls who set out to find them.

"What story would you tell of that place, of Ghosts and ruins?" Conroy says, a shade sullenly. "Perhaps I might match it, then, with what the Cobaltines say, and we might take the measure of which tale rings truest?"

The sun overhead is consumed, only its merest edges glimmer, a ring of fire in the sky.

"YOU SPEAK... PERSUASIVELY, HUMAN," the Solrock admits in a muted roar of approval. "YOU UNDERSTAND THE POWER OF FEAR, OF RESPECT, OF MORTAL WILL."

"FROM THIS MOMENT, YOU ARE MY PRIEST. THE WORLD, OURS TO SACRIFICE. HONOR YOUR PROMISE WITH CARE," the Solrock warns. "IF YOU FAIL ME, DECEIVE ME, MY DISPLEASURE WILL BE YOUR DOOM."

Lord Kai'ckul, the Rapid Evening Has Accepted A Pact With Makai!
    Kai'ckul's Loyalty Improved To Neutral!

=============
    Name: Lord Kai'ckul, the Rapid Evening
    Species: Solrock
    Type: Rock/Psychic
    Exp: 0/???
    =============
    Loyalty: Neutral
    Demeanor: Loud
    Need: Worship
    Pact: Notoriety
    Quirk: Might Actually Be The Sun
    =============
    Weak: Ghost, Ice, Steel, Water
    Resist: Fairy, Fire, Flying, Grass, Ground, Poison
    =============
    Moves:
    - Flame Wheel [Special, Fire, Offensive]
    - Incinerate [Special, Fire, Finisher]
    - Overheat [Special, Fire, Boosting (SA)]
    - Giga Drain [Special, Grass, Recovering]
    - Grass Knot [Special, Grass, Trapping]
    - Solar Beam [Special, Grass, Finisher]
    - See also: Ancient Power (Ability)
    Assists: [Power 2], [Intuit 4], [Run 1], [Flash 2] [Psy Power 3], [Solar Control 5]
    =============
    Ancient Power
    This Pokemon knows all possible Rock and Psychic Moves.
    Drought
    When this Pokemon uses a Move, damage dealt by Fire and Grass Type Moves increases by +1, and damage dealt by Water and Ice Type Moves decreases by -1 until the end of the next turn.
    Uncontrollable
    Any time this Pokemon is given orders, the Trainer must spend 1 Voltage or Network Token, or their instructions are ignored. Trainer Exp cannot be spent on this Pokemon.
    =============
    Stamina: 20/20
    =============
    HP - 7/7 At -  6/6  Df - 9/9
    Sp - 6/6 SA - 10/10 SD - 7/7

=============

:whistle:

"HMM? 'CALYPSO'? WHO THE HE-," Kai'kcul is interrupted by a sudden spark of radiant sunlight, the eclipse above disintegrating in a wave of color.

The thin air next to the rocky pyramid wavers and shimmers, like the chromatic surface of a soap bubble, before the Lady of Dreams, Cresselia, arrives with a sound like chiming bells. Her multi-hued wings cast themselves across the sky like a shining veil.

"Y-YOU!" Kai'ckul snarls, his eyes narrowing in anger.

"Lord Sun," Calypso mutters in bad grace, her wings flicking with distaste. She turns to The Bard "You keep poor company, child, that I should find you in the same dream as the likes of him."

"MAIDEN MOON," Kai'ckul growls with undisguised loathing, then in a whisper so loud it echoes across the forest below "IF THIS IS THE KIND OF PANTHEON YOU HAD IN MIND, PRIEST, PERHAPS I SHOULD RETHINK OUR BARGAIN."

Cresselia's opaque, pink eyes ripple and flicker with a soft, searching light. "Bargain?"

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    This is the story about how the trickster came to Sun as a bug, simple and harmless.
    How he tied The Sun up in the electrifying stories he wove and infested His mind with the promises of worship and power. How after faking The Sun out, as the so gather waning strength to counter attack the bard now a burning demon dog stuck out of turn with a sucker punch, move so dark and cruel there would be no way to predict it.
    How as The Sun fled and he took Pursuit, ate plucked the remnants of the sun's soul from the heavens and popped it in his mouth to become the Bard who Devoured the Dying Sun.

The tale of how when a star dies....sometimes, just sometimes it leaves something behind. A type of Ghost. A phantom so dark even light can not escape it. This is the story as how I got pet black hole pokemon guys.

Edit: But actually lemme do another cooler thing thing

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Attempting to turn what Might Actually Be The Sun into a black hole appeals to the weary, nihilist GM in me.

If you want to skip to the final battle here and now, feel free to do that.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I could make these lyrics work so well.

In my eyes
    Indisposed
    In disguise
    As no one knows

Hides the face
    Lies the snake
    And the sun
    In my disgrace

Boiling heat
    Summer stench
    'Neath the black The sky looks dead

Call my name
    Through the Dream
    And I'll hear you
    Scream again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZThOsCv2Mw

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    In which someone finally does the thing
    The Bard - [Ninja] 6/6
    ~???~

"Coming here and seeing him. Made me realize something. It's why we dream. He point to solrock's fading dreamscape. The sleep that approaches all human ever too soon. The Rapid Evening." And yes it's sad but it's also beautiful, the stories we make, and the dreams we build and..." now the Bard is crying and it's Not Part of the Con it's at genuine realization of what he was about to say.

"I love Dreams! There's a lot of stuff moving...and I'm afraid if we don't do something."
    The Dreamscape shows the devastation of New Quartz. "People need dreams. I think you need people. I wanna get you people."

"Between the Sun and the world of Dreams I'll be your Twilight Knight, your Duke of Dreams. Rapid Evening is all about encouraging our members to reach for the stars. Whether that be literally" nods at Lord Kai'ckul, "or more metaphorical. What turns a dead rock in space, into the inspiration for songs and art innumerable. What makes someone believe in something. You do..." he allows himself to be caught up in genuine awe. "dreams do." Hr bows to to calpyso. "Fucking greatness does." He throws a thumbs up back the the fading Lord Kai'ckul.

"You say you shouldn't be in the same pantheon together because you don't get along? That's exactly why you need to! People love that kind of drama in their deities. Fenrir digging up a fertility goddess's azzealas. You guys reminder the classic woodcuts from, Histories Comedic of the Unconventional Acquaintances. Let me tell you from a story teller's perspective, you want three. Straight man, Daring over the top one, and comic relief."

"Goddess. Priest. Sacrifice." The Bard winks at Calypso.

"Or Mascot. Hype Man? Herald." He shakes his head, "The point is being in a network has benefits."

"I like the masks. Very theatrical. Definitely keeping that, I want our members to be kinda flashy."

"So what I offer, is my hand as your priest. In turn" he motions her in close, "your vassal The Sun, a spirit of the underworld stole his sacred flame. I fear he doesn't have long. I was thinking...that here in the dream realm you could heal him."

Rapid Evening - Cultist of Calypso
    This Trainer believes in a higher power, and seeks to convert others to the cause
    - Gain 1 Exp when you protect someone who is in critical danger
    - Gain 1 Exp when you unite someone of the truth of the Rapid Evening
    - Gain 1 Exp when you pass yourself off as something/someone you're not
    - Gain 5 Exp every time you foolish reach for the stars, through danger to gain credit for your actions

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Rapid Evening Roster
    The Duke, Makai.
    The Deceiver, Iktomi. Envy
    The Demon, Fenrir. Wrath
    The Devourer, Roscoe. Gluttonny/sloth
    The Doom, Lord Kai'ckul. Pride.
    The Divine, Lady Calypso. Desire.
    The Despot, ????.

I'm sorry everyone but this a 3 act play about how a ninja goes on a journey where he meets each one of his seven sins, and in a misguided attempt to protect the world maybe becomes a bad guy?
    Does the world of pokemon let you multiclass bard-ninja-warlock-paladin
    Lord Kai'ckul is the real star I'm just his agent. And yes he can be a bit of a diva, but life without him would lot darker.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    you know, I still get emails for the wiki about once a week

it's comforting

e: oh man, there are two voltage threads? congrats marsh, youve made it

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    you know, I still get emails for the wiki about once a week

it's comforting

There are three, just mine is modified from the original.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Rapid Evening Roster
    The Duke, Makai.
    The Deceiver, Iktomi. Envy
    The Demon, Fenrir. Wrath
    The Devourer, Roscoe. Gluttonny/sloth
    The Doom, Lord Kai'ckul. Pride.
    The Divine, Lady Calypso. Desire.
    The Despot, ????.

Don't forget The Duck, Ducky.

In all seriousness though, a reminder that Ducky decided to work for Cressy before it was cool at the end of our prior dream vision (probably not the easiest thing to remember because it was 11 months ago, whoa). So pulling Cressellia into Solrock's business is quite possibly stepping on my toes unless we find a way to make it work for everyone. There are a few ideas that may work? As long I don't have to plot against other PCs, learned in the past that I don't enjoy that.

I also don't really think this proposal works for what we've learned about what Cressellia is after? But that's the GM's thing to determine.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Yeah I just got struck by man what if cressllia inspired makai to just make team rocket
    He's already trying to protect from devastation, and denouncing the evils of truth, and literally reaching for stars above catching the sun.
    So I was like oh god i should just connect everything 'postit notes on a chalkboard with strings connecting things' style.

AlsoI just like the Rapid Evening as the name of an secret organization
    I should point out my fanfiction head canon is trying to protect the world from devastation leads to him saying we should probably recruit some gods, maybe unite some world powers within a shadow organization, for fighting the battles small settlements cannot

This is the Avengers! Solrock is our hulk :/

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Also trying to avoid just the prismatic wing, since lady cinder and the sun should not be friends
    Lemme repitch this, we the party should become team rocket, but acutally try to protect united denouce and reach for the stars
    Also our religion's devil is the screaming sun, thats why we love the nightlife

NeoToma on
  • Options
    I would also like to point out a metatextual level that moment I got all manic and placed myself at the center of the narrative is same time I got the possibly actually maybe definitely The Sun?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I too have thought about ways to use team rocket's motto, perhaps unsurprising considering what I've done in other games. Making a united confederation of towns is something Elise might end up working towards, and no reason a helpful legend could be in.

On that note, Elise's two ambitions (we're working with two at this point right?) are probably Compassionate and Operative. I've been delaying this for too long, gotta commit.

I think Operative might have the goal: Protect Malachite and its interests? It's more restrained of a goal than Elise's original goal on the wiki... perhaps even restrained by the Compassionate goal, concerning herself about old glories and prosperity taking a back seat to just trying to get her people and everyone else by in this crazy war-torn region with terrifyingly powerful legends around every corner.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Also our religion's devil is the screaming sun, thats why we love the nightlife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E6d5j3qrss

• Options
    Once I started looking it went too deep.
    His first pokemon catch? Makai stole him. Fenrir.
    Also his first choice in a grunt or foot solider? A cruel vicious dog.
    After new Quatrz gets a poison type. That's why rockest still use poison types. The flashyness of jesse and james come from being the whole thing being founded by Bard who was also a criminal.

Doing something as dumb and grandiose as capturing the Sun in a miyazaki picture is totally a Giovanni move.

Als as a code or objective:
    Protect the world
    Unite all nations
    Denouce evils of truth and love
    Reach for the stars above -

• Options
    edited August 2016
    (1:04:02 AM) Rawkking: Fenrir might have discovered how to weird Ducky out

~Ducky and Fenrir's Bizarre Adventure~ :whistle:

psyduckuuuuaaaa.pnguuuuuuuuuhhhh...

Ducky looks towards the Spark pokemon for assistance, but he has mysteriously vanished. The Duck turns back to Fenrir.

psyduckuhhhrgh.pngTraining, working with contrasts, so... I get on your back and we...

A crushing note of awkward silence passes.

psyduckurgh.png ...make a...combination move?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Nine posts of back and forth Rawk and Neo, I figured you guys were arguing so I got the spray bottle.

But here you are, getting along.

*spritz* *spritz* Bad players, bad.

ujclGnD.gif

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Kaziki

"I have been there, lived just outside of Chalcedony all my life. I've explored it and the area around it." At this point, Kaziki notices that some of the Cobaltine food starting to flow behind him. "I personally have seen the Ghosts that haunt the place. It's something that stays with you." And Kaziki cracks a smile at the food disappearing in thin air. "And there are a few other Pokemon in the area. Like Soulage behind me. But few tell of the horrors of the place. What caused such a beautiful city to becomes a haunting ruin. The wounds for my people are still fresh in their memories. What story have you hear?"

• Options
    edited August 2016
    The troops and historians alike would comment on how Elise's armor gleamed in the sunlight that day. Brilliant. Radiant. Vibrant.
    The plants seemed to perk up at her presence, and no matter what meeting or battle she entered, she was proceeded by the unmistakable aroma of the wilds of Malachite.
    The very sight of her ignited a fire in their hearts. When she looked at him and spoke....it was like it was too just him. Demanding he be the best version of himself.

It was warm that day for Elise. But it was a warmth she'd grown accustomed to, the kind of warmth you needed to move nations.

Maybe psychic types are cool.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Start mentioning raven hair, toned abs, and subtle innuendo involving polearms and I'm breaking out the emergency whiskey again.

~???~

:whistle:

"You...

You...

...idiot.
    " Calypso snaps, wings crackling angrily. The Legendary's avian visage is as inscrutable as ever, but the untethered psychic maelstrom surrounding her screams of revulsion and horror.

"That thing is a maniac. A murderer-"

"HYPOCRITE," Kai'ckul murmurs, the whipcrack rebuttal sending pebbles scattering over the side of the platform onto the steps below.

"-a demon. Do you have any idea what you've pledged yourself to? Do you think this blood-soaked pyramid," she continues, the sloped temple below rocking and shaking in sympathy with her anger. "Is some sort of clever metaphor, and not Solrock's idea of fun? Are you under the impression that evil is just a... a... a character trait to work into your stories? That the struggle of life is some sort of comedic drama?"

"THAT'S ENOUGH, CRESSELIA," Kai'ckul purrs. "THERE ARE RULES."

"And of little use are they, so long as such as you can walk the earth." Cresselia hisses back. "Some creatures should stay buried."

"YES," Kai'ckul agrees, maliciously. "SOME CERTAINLY SHOULD."

This is going great!