As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Poké] Voltage: A No, No, No Sort Of Thing

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ~Tullius & Timaeus & Skorupi~

The Skorupi perks up slightly when Tullius mentions the likelihood of regular meals. Though Pokemon, as largely mystical creatures, don't require nearly as much nutrition as a person or animal of equivalent size, and need even less than that if confined to an Apricorn for the majority of the time, they still often gain a vigorous taste for good food. This can be particularly troublesome if something large and powerful gets a preference for fresh meat and starts predating on a town's livestock or pets, but on the other hand many a budding Trainer has earned a partner's life-long trust after the initial promise of a routine supply their favored foodstuff.

It seems like the Skorupi may well be one of those latter cases. Tullius will at least have ample time to instill his values and conduct on the bleak Pokemon, so long as he can keep it well-supplied with treats.

Need: Sweet Food or Candy
    Quirk: Hides Often

Very nice training, there.

Marshmallow on
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    augh fuck no go back to the cat

Burn, baby, burn.

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    This one fits.

Edit: Not that I don't miss the adorable pixel cat now that it's gone.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Good lord Marsh, that certainly is a, uh, thing you got there.

Not sure if I strictly need to do an ic post at this stage, my characters will just be finishing up the food and heading home for now. If you particularly want me to gussy that up in fancy colours then I will do but I don't think it's especially necessary.

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Tullius and Timaeus
    [Calm 1/1][Praetor 2/3] and [Loyal 2/3][Samurai 3/3]
    Volt: 2 Exp: 2

Tullius smiled at the Skorupi. "Speaking of food, I'm kind of hungry right now. Let's sneak into the kitchen and swipe some snacks. What do you say to that?" Timaeus shook the Skorupi's claw with his paw. "By the way, I think I'll call you Orion." The trio wandered back inside the Academy, Tullius, in the back of his mind, wondered back towards what the scout had mentioned regarding the scars in the forest. Definitely worth a look.

So I need to spend EXP to add levels and battle with Orion, right?

edited March 2012
    Good lord Marsh, that certainly is a, uh, thing you got there.

Not sure if I strictly need to do an ic post at this stage, my characters will just be finishing up the food and heading home for now. If you particularly want me to gussy that up in fancy colours then I will do but I don't think it's especially necessary.

I've recently had a thing for unsettling avatars. Let me know if any of them are too much (Pigeon's opinion doesn't count).

You can post if you want to, but if you don't that's perfectly fine as well. I am mostly waiting on Rawk and Shock, who have both been made very aware that I am waiting on them (Gotta reply to Rawk's post, actually, but still). I'm guessing things will be cohesive again probably sometime between this coming Saturday and Monday and we can return to our regularly scheduled adventuring.

Terrendos wrote: »
    So I need to spend EXP to add levels and battle with Orion, right?

Knew I forgot something. Orion there has a [* 2] and a [* 1] Trait to start with, since I think having some base level of competence is a good idea. Beyond that you will have to spend EXP to teach him new moves and raise his traits.

Still don't have a solid idea on what to do for adding entirely new traits to a Pokemon. Tentatively I'm going to say it'll just be a single point of EXP to add a new trait. If someone starts going nuts with Rank 2 Traits for soaking damage I'll ask them to dial it back, but at 3 EXP per pop I'm guessing it should be fine.

Any other questions come up, you folks know where to find me!

Marshmallow on
    edited March 2012
    Anyway, since the majority of folks seem to be finished with downtime, I figure it may be a good idea to get things lined up so I'm not scrambling later, and also to give the people who've finished something to start thinking about.

I'm generally leaving the direction of the things up to you guys, the players, so having some in-character discussion on your next move might be a thing that should get started, perhaps.

Before downtime started, I think there was some interest in going north through Malachite Forest to re-establish contact with Quartz Town (the one that is probably Pewter City). However, since then you've had some raider types attack from the wastes to the west, so there might be some interest in following up on that, or even just staying put in Malachite and investigating further. Your collective call.

Because the people who've gotten their downtime wrapped up so far have had that coincide, more or less, with the end of the day, I'd recommend having the "party", such as it is, reconvene the following morning to discuss your collective next move. Once you reach a consensus (or I get bored of waiting for one), we'll move onward to ADVENTURE! from there.

If you would like a suggestion for a "meet up" scene, I hear the Academy kitchens do a very respectable breakfast buffet.

Marshmallow on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka & Gigen
    [Manful Martial Monk 3] - [Willful Wisdom Seeker 2] & [Spirited Spectral Scrapper 4] - [Puerile Pest 1]
    Volt: 0 Exp: 1

Gigen's essence crawls into his apricorn, held in Tanaka's outstretched hand.

"Shit." The enemy spirits keep advancing. "Double shit."

Can't run, really. Wouldn't know where he's going. Could he take two pokemon on his own? Maybe with Weeps at his side, but, well. Don't really have too many other options... unless... what was it the masters used to say you should do if you ever had to face a group of angry specters?

"Uh, find your center," He stashes his rosary. "Stand with conviction," He retrieves his flute. "Speak with a voice of thunder!"

Tanaka plants his feet and plays a song of exorcism.

edited March 2012
    ~Elise & Zeal~

The monk misses Elise's encouraging gesture, what with her face still inches away from the ground. Her voice, however, prompts the woman to pull herself back up to a kneeling position, her eyes still expressly downcast.

"You are aware many of the local Grass Pokemon have strong elements of the Poison Type, allowing them to more successfully compete and coexist with the many Bug and Poison Types that can be found here?"

"We've found this Typing quirk to be a very useful boon. Our Gloom and her Oddishes have shown themselves to be quite adept at combining their talents for growth and blight, creating natural pesticides and weedkillers, and driving away unwanted scavengers and infestations from Malachite's crops."

"The Oddish you encountered is... an exception. I assume you stumbled into her garden? Her toxicity is such that everything she tends to will quickly wither and die. Several fruit trees were lost before we determined the cause and the orchard tenders were... irate. What use is a Pokemon that kills everything it touches? Since then the Oddish has been kept sequestered within her garden, where her inherent harm can be kept to a minimum, or at least that was our intent."

~Tanaka & Gigen~

Tanaka takes his stance and touches the flute's mouthpiece to his lips as the two, petulant Ghosts draw closer.

[ 6 ] The first few tones from the wind instrument are reedy and faint in the darkness, falling on deaf ears and fading quickly into the depths of the cave. Pulling strength from his conviction, Tanaka plays on, the sound deepening and taking on a life of its own as he pours his resistance and spirit into the music.

The Misdreavus and Duskull slow, then stop their advance as the haunting tune fills the lightless cave, reverbrating oddly off the enclosed space and scattered stalagmites. Crouched over the simple wooden flute, Tanaka feels as though he couldn't, he can't, stop playing, his fingers fluttering across the holes as though alive and his breath being continuously drawn out of him like thread from a spindle.

The dust around his feet begins to move in small eddies, stirred by an unseen and unfelt draft. The atmosphere in the air, thick with the tension of a harsh history and unspoken story, begins to drain away, and Tanaka finds himself breathing easier as the flute continues to play. The two Ghosts look on in horror, shame, fright, or some mixture of all three before they slowly turn around, and disappear into the shadows for good.

In the center of the cavern, the spectral flames around what's left of the Shuppet are snuffed, as though by a violent gale. Strips of fabric fall first to pieces, and then to dust that is scattered throughout the cavern, all evidence of Gigen's deed scoured away as though it had never happened.

As the final notes of his song fall from the flute in his now loose hands, Tanaka looks up, thoroughly winded, to find the cavern looking much as it did when he first entered via the ceiling, albeit subtly different. Where there was once cloying darkness, there is now just a lack of light. Where there was a once a tomb, there is now a simple cave with a few examples of human remains. What was once an unearthly, haunted place that had bore impartial witness to centuries of desperate pain and seclusion is now... merely quiet.

Behind him, Tanaka hears the sound of a carved stone mask falling to the ground with a clatter.

Tanaka receives Two Bonus Exp!

Marshmallow on
    edited March 2012
    Goooo goooooo goooooooooooooooo.

Elise & Zeal
    [Ambitious Aristocrat 3] - [Disciplined Dame 1] & [Exacting Executioner 0]
    Volt: 1; Exp: 0

Elise leans in further. "Do you know..well...how does the Oddish feel about this situation?"

"Who can tell? She's very... bubbly. Playful even. I don't think she quite understands the harm she is capable of."

"Well, that makes sense." the noble pauses. "Once myself and Zeal are treated, I will have to return to the garden to retrieve my weapon" she shifts her eyes to the left in shame, another gesture thankfully unnoticed by the monk. "A oddish who can only harm...how did you get her to stay in the garden in the first place?"

The monk finally looks up, an odd look on her face. "...We asked her to."

Elise's eyes dart back to meet the monk's. "So in spite of her...uh...enthusiasm with her typing, she is fairly cooperative."

"Of course. She's not a bad Pokemon."

Elise nods. "But her venom is so strong it can eat through armor. Did you hear about the skirmish on the outskirts of Old Malachite? It's shocking. Really shocking that a group of people, with pokemon of their own, could attack this town without saying a word. No diplomacy, no demands for our possessions or our life, just...an attempted slaughter. Not a good sign for how life may be outside Malachite." Elise sighs. "I suppose I shall have my answer soon enough. Still, that oddish...I could probably use her capabilities more productively than she can in your order's temple."

The monk shrugs. Quite a response.

The pause continues for a few seconds before Elise takes advantage of the lull to change the subject. "In other news... do you know of a man named Yuichiro? Hooked nose and a mud fish pokemon who was taking advantage of one of the older rooms." she says casually. It would probably be unkind to let the monks know she suspected this man was a spy.

"Yui... Chiro," the monk says, fumbling around the unfamiliar name. "I haven't seen anyone like that, sorry."

"Huh, that's a bit strange..." Elise leaves it at that. If the man wasn't going to make his presence known to the monks, all the better for them.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    What a compelling IRC session.

Engaging conversations all about.

Tanaka & Gigen
    [Manful Martial Monk 3] - [Willful Wisdom Seeker 2] & [Spirited Spectral Scrapper 4] - [Puerile Pest 1]
    Volt: 0 Exp: 3

Tanaka sheathes his mighty blade, eyes like a couple shards of chalcedony. They'd best run. He takes a deep breath, soaking in the newly calm atmosphere, and turns to look at the Yamask.

"You alright there, little buddy?"

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    Bhutso & Mara
    [Boisterous 3] - [Exotic Weaponeer 2] & [Skirmisher 4] - [Careless 1]
    Volt: 2; Exp: 0

The monk's round face flushes a deep red. "You'll forgive me for being presumptuous. I've seen little of battle, but as a boy I had heard that a man on a wall is worth ten on the ground; these companions of ours would boost that number further. Yet I agree that our paltry few would make little difference defending a hold as large as this."

"Still," he considers, "it's troubling what sort of predicament the woman and child would have been in to be chased such a long way. Unless, of course, there's an emcampment nearerby in the woods. Perhaps tonight's meeting will reveal something further and it will make our little band's decision easier on the morrow." He smiles, "as I recall a couple of us happen to be of noble birth."

Easing himself up, he makes for the door. "I thank you for your counsel, Bossan, and the years you've spent guiding many a similar student."

~Tanaka & Gigen~

Tanaka's 'little buddy' appears to have disappeared. He has, however, left his mask on the ground, a meandering crack bisecting the stone object down the middle into two, neat pieces.

~Bhutso & Mara~

Bossan opens his mouth to say something, then closes it again, deep in thought. "They've been good years, all of them," he admits. "Go carefully, Bhutso. Keep your head down and your shield up, we'll see what tomorrow brings."

Elise & Zeal
    Volt: 1; Exp: 0

Letting the monk apply the poultice and bandages, Elise thanks her briefly and, upon confirming she is safe to leave, does so.

She makes her way to the appropriate room to begin the ritual to revive Zeal.

Tanaka & Gigen

"Oh."

Tanaka kneels down and collects the pieces. Maybe he'll run into the guy again, and he wouldn't want his mask to be stolen by some other spirit. He stands and walks into the darkness, trying to find the exit.

Hmm, hrm.

~Tanaka & Gigen~

Tanaka wanders aimlessly and eventually, in accordance with the strange geometry of the ghostly catacombs, finds his way back into the lighted and open halls of the Temple.

~Elise & Zeal~

Elise finds the Temple's Apiary, where sturdy wooden enclosures house the beehives that supply Malachite with its small but adequate supply of honey. The calming drone of the busy hives and buzzing of the flitting honeybees as they visit the copious amounts of flora scattered about the Temple's gardens make the open, grassy yard an ideal spot for recovering Bug Types.

Tanaka & Gigen

The room is empty, dyed a fierce orange by the sun's dying light. Tanaka takes two sticks of incense from a holder, lights them in a nearby fire, and places them to each side of his straw mat. He furrows his brow in prayer, drawing the spirit out of the apricorn-rosary before him. After some time, a sharp smile appears in mid-air, then two gem-like eyes, then a long-armed purple body.

Gigen chitters.

Tanaka locks eyes with him, expression growing sterner and sterner. "What'd I say about eating your enemies?"

The gremlin looks distressed. He wasn't eating him, honest.

"Oh? Then why'd that Destiny Bond take you?"

Because, uh, because...

Tanaka's look turns to iron. "Don't lie to me, Gi."

Ok, so he did take a nibble or two, but that little jerk was asking for it!

"Of course he was! It was a trap!" Tanaka pinches his brow. "You gotta think before you act, man, like the teachers say." The monk's eyes soften. "I won't be able to bring you back forever, you know."

Gigen looks at once dejected, apologetic, and impudent.

His trainer sighs. "Look, we've had a long day. Let's go get some actual food and hit the sack. Maybe see what the others are doing."

The pokemon nods, snuffing out incense, glad to stop any and all talk of feelings.

After straightening the by-room, the duo leave, heading back to the academy.

Think I'll be switching to this format.

Tullius [Calm 1/1][Praetor 2/3]
    Timaeus [Loyal 2/3][Samurai 3/3]
    Orion [Melancholy 1/1][Scorpion 2/2]

After a quite restful evening and an early bedtime, Tullius woke up early and went downstairs for breakfast. Following behind him, Timaeus rides Orion like a knight riding his noble steed into battle, except the knight was an otter, the steed was a giant scorpion, and the otter was using a shell in lieu of a sword. Also everything was much smaller. Otherwise, perfect match.

Tullius laughed at the Pokemons' antics, and very nearly bumped into a large, muscular guard, who cleared his throat menacingly. Tullius came to a halt. "Hey, you know if there's any sticky buns this morning?" he asked.

The guard replied with another gruff throat clearing.

"I see." Tullius scurried past the guard and into the kitchen. There he found a goodly supply of fresh fruits and freshly-baked pastries, including, to the delight of Orion, a small stack of sticky buns. He also noticed platters bearing bacon, scrambled eggs, and a pot of what looked like oatmeal. He took two plates, piling one with a pair of sticky buns for Orion and some bacon and a peach for Timaeus. The other he filled for himself, with bacon, eggs, and a large spoonful of the oatmeal, grabbing a banana to cut up on top of it. With both plates piled high, he wandered back out into the dining hall, finding a seat near the middle. He wanted to be able to spot anyone else that happened into breakfast this morning and discuss plans.

He set the first plate down on the bench, allowing Timaeus and Orion to scrabble up for their meal, while he dug into his own food in earnest. He continued watching the door, waiting for someone interesting to enter.

Sadly, he was distracted a few minutes later, as Timaeus finished his food and began eyeing the second sticky bun that Orion had not yet begun to eat. The nimble little otter grabbed for the roll and made a mad dash away, swiftly dodging the aggravated pincers of the skorupi whose breakfast had just been breakfast-napped. Timaeus scurried around behind the guard, and Orion followed.

The guard, needless to say, appeared unamused. Orion scribbled over and stopped in front of the man, who looked down at the creature. When he finally spoke, it was in an odd accent. "Let me guess: someone stole your sweet roll."

Tullius was hot on his Pokemon's heels, deftly reaching around and grabbing the bun from the Oshawott's hand and presenting it to the Skorupi, who clicked his claws in triumph. Tullius scolded the Oshawott and nervously looked up at the guard as he pulled Timaeus back to his seat.

He addressed the two as Orion finished his second roll. "Now, I figure we'll probably leave tomorrow, since we still need to question that lady and her kid... unless someone else already did that. Then I'm assuming we'll set off. It's gotta be done eventually, and better sooner rather than later."

Orion gave him a dour look.

"Oh, come on, it'll be an adventure! Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles..."

Orion did not appear comforted. He waved a single claw, as if to give begrudging acceptance.

"Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming." Tullius turned back to the table and continued his vigil at the door while he finished up his oatmeal.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm just waiting for some sort of consensus on what to do post-downtime.

Just, you know, chillin' here.

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Makai & Iktomi
    [Perceptive 1/2][Ninja 3/3] & [Swift 1/2][Trickster 3/3]
    Houndour: [Fierce 2/2][?????? 1/1]
    Volt: 1; Exp: 2

By the time the rest of the group gets to breakfast, Makai is already done with his first helping and digging into his next course. Tiny bits a honeyed ham and eggs are strewn about. It appears the ninja is a voracious if somewhat messy eater. At the teen's feet, Fenrir the Houndour is chomping on something he killed earlier. From the look of it, it used to be something small, fluffy and defenseless.

"So," he doesn't stop eating to talk "Where do you..-ChewChewChew think we should go?" he takes a quick sip of juice before diving back into break fast "I'm personally-ChewChewChew-curious about the next town."

Tanaka & Gigen

"Which next town? Th' one to the west or th' one to the north?"

Tanaka happens to be sitting at the same table as the Praetor and the Ninja, chewing on a haunch of bread while his companion scarfs some rice with a couple fried eggs over top.

Tullius [Calm 1/1][Praetor 2/3]
    Timaeus [Loyal 2/3][Samurai 3/3]

"Whichever way we go, I'd like to stop by those scars people seem to keep mentioning. Nobody seems to know much about them, but they're supposedly pretty dangerous. Since we've got a group, I think we stand a pretty good chance. Might learn something useful. Heck, might even have to do with the attack."

Tanaka & Gigen

"Can't see how a mess of cursed land that's been hanging around since forever has anything to do with a raid, but it's more of a plan than 'go to a town'. Count me in."

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Catarine and Mitsuhide
    [Haughty 4] - [Noblewoman 2] & [Honorable 2] - [Protector 3]
    Volt: 2 Exp: 1

Catarine arrives at the academy towards the tail end of breakfast, she had already dined in her quarters; no doubt the academies meals were hearty fare but a refined palate such as hers preferred more dignified cuisine. In theory she had no particular reason to return to the academy at all, no obligation other than to travel the world, but in practice travel in a group was far safer and it would be discourteous to abandon these goodfolk.

She brushes crumbs off of a portion of bench near a group of the students she had fought with yesterday, making sure to keep some distance from the ravenous ninja lest he splash some unameable remnant of his breakfast onto her elegant attire. 'So, I suppose you all plan to head off later today?' she question, 'the plan was to head North correct? Or have the circumstances changed?'

Tanaka & Gigen

Tanaka points his face at the noble, mouth brimming with courtesy and breadcrumbs.

"Yes."

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    Bhutso & Mara
    [Boisterous 3] - [Exotic Weaponeer 2] & [Skirmisher 4] - [Careless 1]
    Volt: 2;  Exp: 0

"Whether or not the circumstances have changed remains to be seen," Bhutso yawns, entering the room and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Would that I'd like to travel north as we previously agreed, but we need to consider the danger on the roads in regard to the recent attack. As I understand it there was to be a meeting last night of the noble houses to discuss what's to be done about the it and the woman in child in custody." He nibbles on what looks like a strawberry with a heavy sugar glaze. "I'm supposing you weren't there, my lady?

Tullius [Calm 1/1][Praetor 3/3]
    Timaeus [Loyal 3/3][Samurai 3/3]

"The roads would need to be in poor shape indeed if they're not safe for a group of our number," supplied Tullius. "I doubt there'll be much on the main thoroughfares that we can't handle. However, it does seem a good idea to check in on that woman, see if there's anything we need to know. At the very least, we should probably speak to those at the meeting to see if they managed to elicit anything from her."

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Makai & Iktomi
    [Perceptive 1/2][Ninja 3/3] & [Swift 1/2][Trickster 3/3]
    Houndour: [Fierce 2/2][?????? 1/1]
    Volt: 1; Exp: 2

Makai finishes his meal and wipes his face with the back of his hand. "Ah-ha. Quartzite by way of Malachite Forest then."

Seems like the thing I should take away from this is never, ever have a situation in which there is not an NPC around for me to do stuff with if I get bored.

I mean, I could have introduced one literally at any time, I suppose, but eeeeh.

Tanaka & Gigen

Tanaka and his familiar are suddenly very, very bored with this conversation. Probably because they've run out of food.

"Good a plan as any. Me'n Gi'll go talk to the lady, get some supplies, whatever needs doin'. Meet back at the academy near evening."

The two leave the cafeteria, headed for the woman's accommodations.

Oops; missed some posts, my bad, should probably bookmark this thread...

Catarine and Mitsuhide
    [Haughty 4] - [Noblewoman 2] & [Honorable 2] - [Protector 3]
    Volt: 2 Exp: 1

Catarine turns to the monk; 'First I've heard of any meeting, I suppose they don't especially want foreign nobles butting in on Malachite affairs, or so I shall choose to believe until proven otherwise.' An invitation may have been nice though, or at least a general message, she did help save the woman after all, Catarine mused internally, ah well no point questioning these things.

'North would still be my preferred destination, and no doubt you would not mind an extra set of eyes if you head into the forest? I hear things can get somewhat, ah, hectic in some of the deeper wealds.'

edited March 2012
    Elise & Zeal
    Volt: 0; Exp: 1

Elise walks into the apiary, her thoughts still racing from the previous events. She'd have to send a missive to the guards, visit her family, check in on what the nobles thought, th-

No

The voice of the monk that had first shown them around the temple four years ago rebukes Elise internally for taking her daily concerns into this place. Dropping the ruined vambrace and a small maroon apricorn inlaid with a purple gem Voltage3.gif, Elise sits down, cross-legged, displacing the tall grass around her. Unsheathing the ceremonial sword, she leans it against a small tree riddled with beehives. Bees begin to fly out of the hives, alerted by the very slight thump of the object against the wood. Sitting perfectly still, she tunes herself into the drone of bees and Zeal's faint presence while the bees adopt an orbit around her, a few even landing on her armor, face, and exposed right wrist.

A few minutes later they disperse, going about their business as if she had been there the whole time.

Elise emerges from her trance. Rubbing her eyes, she wonders if she was successful, but a quick glance of the vibrant gold color around the sword's hilt reveals all she needs to know. Picking up her things, she makes to leave the apiary, releasing Zeal. The tiny bee pokemon's three sets of eyes blink in unison before a cheery smile emerges on each of their faces, falling in line behind Elise.

Feeling out a groove in the flat side of the blade, Elise pushes forward, popping out a pre-cut circle of metal. Walking outside the inner temple, Elise manages to insert the red and purple apricorn with some difficulty. Exiting through the door she had intended to enter in the first place, she heads off the path, trying to make her way back to the oddish's garden...

Edit: For those of you not in the know, I've been super busy with school these past weeks and am now playing catchup in-game. Elise will be joining you all soon enough.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    ~Elise & Zeal~

Elise retraces her steps through the Temple, seeking out the decaying garden she stumbled upon earlier. She has little difficulty locating it, and the dying plants and carpet of rotting, brown leaves are much as they were when she left it, along with the small splashes of, now only slightly smoking, acidic sludge around the stone bench.

The Oddish is doing just as crappy a job of hiding itself as it did the first time, the obvious jumble of large, half-blighted leaves sticking out of a patch of mucky dirt a few feet away from the dying daffodils.

[Tullius [Calm 1/1][Praetor 3/3]
    Timaeus [Loyal 3/3][Samurai 3/3]

Tullius followed Tanaka, heading straight for the quarters where the woman and child were kept. Several minutes later, he arrived there, opening the door and entering.

"Let's talk about you, miss," he said to the mother. "Let's hear your story." Behind him, Timaeus rode into the room on his newest form of transportation, Orion.

edited March 2012
    Elise & Zeal
    [Ambitious Aristocrat 3] - [Disciplined Dame 1] & [Exacting Executioner 4]
    Volt: 0; Exp: 1

Elise and Zeal enter the garden, the bee buzzing besides her as Elise picks up her halberd, hefting it with satisfaction before planting the haft on the ground besides her, leaning the flat of the axe blade against her plating.

"Hello." With an underhand toss she launches the ruined vambrace, the armor landing on the ground a foot from the pokemon's hiding place, slightly displacing a daffodil.

"You don't understand what you did, do you?" she grasps her burnt wrist with her other hand in a mostly vain hope to communicate, still maintaining several feet of distance from the oddish.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited March 2012
    ~Elise & Zeal~

A slim, brown vine crawls out from the huddled form of the Oddish, snaking between the fallen leaves and barren twigs towards the tossed offering. The tendril brushes against the daffodil, and the plant rapidly dies, blight spreading like a splash of ink in a glass of water, the petals disintegrating as the stalk collapses under its own rotting weight.

The dexterous limb fastens around the armguard, and the polished surface tarnishes within seconds, the metal darkening as the outermost layer is scoured away. The armor is yanked across the ground and into the folds of dessicated leaves that hide the Oddish, the surface is already pitted and corroded by the time it disappears.

A few moments later, the nearly unrecognizable object is ejected outwards, a hunk of twisted, blackened metal with no resemblance to its former emerald luster, that spins thorugh the air for a few meters before hitting the dirt with a wet splut.

The leaves of the hiding Oddish shudder, as though the Pokemon was sighing in frustration.

~Malachite Noble's Quarters~

The woman from the battle at the wall looks up from her seat in the stuffed chair, and she quickly closes the cover of the book she was reading, slipping the volume in the crevice between her side and the arm of the chair. There's no sign of the child in the room, but luckily no smell of smoke beyond the lingering vestiges from the previous day.

The woman presses back into her seat as though the wide wings of the chair offer her protection from some nameless threat. "W-what did you want to know?" she stutters out.

Orion seems to be tolerating his use as a draft Pokemon with a weary, tireless dignity.

Marshmallow on
    edited March 2012
    Tanaka & Gigen

"I wanna know how you're faring here. Damn near shit a biscuit when I saw you surrounded by those dogs." Tanaka rubs the back of his head, an easy smile on his face.

Gigen looks at the Praetor's otter enviously. He has to find that bee, man. Just has to.

Shock G on