Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Poké] Voltage: Trainers! Welcome to Diancie!

1101113151676

Posts

  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka & Gigen
    [Manful Martial Monk 3] - [Willful Wisdom Seeker 2] & [Spirited Spectral Scrapper 4] - [Puerile Pest 1]
    Volt: 0 Exp: 3


    "Big group? It's just you'n me, Tull."

    Tanaka stops and feels lonely for a second.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    MarshGMWhisper.png I stand corrected.

  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Welp

  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Catarine and Mitsuhide
    [Haughty 2] - [Noblewoman 4] & [Honorable 2] - [Protector 3]
    Volt: 2 Exp: 1


    There is a shout from the entrance to the academy followed by the sound of dashing footsteps ringing against flagstones as Catarine flounces from the building, her bodyguard tailing at a respectful distance. Alright, slow it down, try not to look so eager she thinks, slowing down her movement to a more sedate speed, it's hard enough to run in these boots as it is.

    'I was asking after you in the academy and they said you'd made out for the woods already? I'm sure you weren't planning on leaving without me right Praetor?' The young noblewoman's voice is stern, but there is a smile on her face as she talks, 'no doubt it's safer to travel in a larger group?'

    PearlSig_zpstp8col6v.png

  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka & Gigen
    [Manful Martial Monk 3] - [Willful Wisdom Seeker 2] & [Spirited Spectral Scrapper 4] - [Puerile Pest 1]
    Volt: 0 Exp: 3


    "Well, three outta ten ain't bad." Tanaka and Gigen share a glance. "Ok, so fire-fields it is. Rockin'."

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Hey...Nobody probably cares but, can I retcon Iktomi into a Voltik instead of a Galvantula?

    Makai & Iktomi
    [Perceptive 1/2][Ninja 3/3] & [Swift 1/2][Trickster 3/3]
    Fenrir the Houndour: [Fierce 2/2][?????? 1/1]
    Volt: 1; Exp: 2


    Apricorns rattling at his side, and generally looking disheveled Makai runs up. He makes to cough out between breaths "Huff Huff, I'm sorry. Huff huff, guys, I got distracted, and I, and I, I had to write my parent a letter, so Sorry?" Stopping among the group he finally manges to get a good breath in. "So, once more into the wilderness? Checking out the mystery of the fire spots feels like most Auspicious start to our journey."

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Joltik is embarrassingly tiny and horrendously adorable.

    4 inches tall! Ha!

    (Yeah, I'm cool with that.)

    Marshmallow on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh, speaking of, I have some slight homework I would like to toss out to you all before I set up the next scene.

    I would like a subsidiary goal for your character for this coming bit of uptime.

    A Goal includes a statement about your character, an action, and a target. Really good goals include a condition on top of those.

    A Goal includes one of the following imperatives: I will, I will not, I must, I must not.
    A Goal includes an action like these: find, stop, befriend, build, teach, protect, defeat.

    These are example targets: An important item, a piece of information, a fellow Trainer, a specific Pokemon, a Town or city.
    These are conditions which will help you accomplish your Goal: in a certain amount of time, without anyone else knowing, with one hand tied behind your back.
    (If you recognize what that's paraphrased from, good job on having excellent taste in RPGs)

    This subsidiary goal for uptime shouldn't be something you can do easily and immediately, or something that will definitely take longer to accomplish than it will take to accomplish the main goal of the uptime.

    Good Goals: "I will find out more about [Trainer]'s past", "I will keep my allies from harm on this journey", and "I will unearth the secret of Malachite's 'scars' before sundown".

    Actually locating one of these fiery areas shouldn't be a goal. They are easy enough to stumble upon if you are actively looking for them.

    Marshmallow on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Shock G wrote: »
    "I will find another companion. Hopefully a companion that is both a camel and a volcano."

    Oddly specific, but okay.

    Marshmallow on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    "I will find another companion. Hopefully a companion that is both a camel and a volcano. And I'll do it without fighting the thing."

    Shock G on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    Fucking Celebi.

  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    are you responding to your own post there or what

  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Elise's subgoal interests are aligned around finding some way to help out that Oddish.

    Not sure what she'd be doing with craters of fire.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    Elise's subgoal interests are aligned around finding some way to help out that Oddish.

    Not sure what she'd be doing with craters of fire.

    Who knows, man. Who knows.

  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    marsh please

    get back into the timestream

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I HVoltage6.gifTET!M TRAV▒L I HATE TI▒EVoltage6z.gifTR△#EL

    Marshmallow on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    So before I ACTUALLY post (!!), are we going to Quartz City, or are we just checking out some sweet scars before heading back to Malachite?

    Possibly affects my post.

  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    My opinion was that we were going to Quartz afterward. Regarding this goal thing, gonna stick with something on-target: "Determine the secret of the crazy burn marks in Malachite Forest." for now.

    Tullius [Calm 1/1][Praetor 3/3]
    Timaeus [Loyal 3/3][Samurai 3/3]
    Orion [Melancholy 1/1][Scorpion 2/2]
    Volt: 2 Exp: 2

    "Oh good, I was afraid you chaps might be running late. Didn't want to start without you." Pyrrhus shrugs. "And then Quartz after this, correct? I believe some of us have business there."

    Sig1.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Subgoal will remain finding some help for the Oddish. Elise's main goal will probably come into play in Quartz though.

    Elise & Zeal
    [Ambitious Aristocrat 4] - [Disciplined Dame 2] & [Exacting Executioner 4]
    Volt: 0; Exp: 1


    Flanked by two servants carrying "the essentials" for Elise's trip (despite her protests), Elise marches briskly towards the group, her eyes almost imperceptibly drooping with sleep cut short by the previous night's duties.

    "I trust I didn't keep you all waiting for too long." she queries.


    Edit: Goal: "I will find a way to allow her to leave her garden without grievously endangering the safety of others."
    "Except for those I'm perfectly ok with having the safety of endangered."

    Rawkking Goodguy on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Makai [Perceptive 2/2][Ninja 3/3]
    Iktomi [Swift 2/2][Trickster 3/3]
    Fenrir [Fierce 2/2][?????? 1/1]
    Volt: 1; Exp: 2

    He looks over at Elise. "It's no problem. We all have our obligations we must attend to." His tone changes and he looks up. "Like I gotta attend to Iktomi. Shes itching to fight something dangerous" The Jotik bounces up and down on his head in the affirmative. "I think this forest adventure will be a good opportunity to teach her some more tricks"

    I will teach Iktomi how to Electroball, before leaving the forest.

  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Catarine and Mitsuhide
    [Haughty 2] - [Noblewoman 4] & [Honorable 2] - [Protector 3]
    Volt: 2 Exp: 1


    'So is this everyone?' she asks, glancing around at the gathered trainers, 'or are we still waiting on some tardy folk? I can never keep track of all these new people.'

    Catarine's goal is to find out more about her travelling companions
    I guess? Is that alright?

    Halos Nach Tariff on
    PearlSig_zpstp8col6v.png

  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Well, here's a few rumors going around regarding Tullius:

    -they say he's become a crusader
    -they say he's cleaning up the streets
    -they say his eyes are on fire
    -they say he's killed a man for walking the wrong side of the line
    -they say he do a little this, he do a little that
    -they say he's no good, he's just like his dad
    -they say he looked left, she turned right
    -they say he's got to go (go go Godzilla)

    Sig1.png
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Finding out more about Catarine's companions is a fine subsidiary Goal. Even though this kind of thing isn't necessary, it does fit quite neatly with her overarching Goal to learn more about the local area, as well. Especially given who her companions are (traveling monk, lawman, local noble, some totally innocuous kid).

    Important bit to remember is a Goal is a very strong statement. "I will", "I must" and so on. It's a potent motivator for your character, something they firmly think is necessary for their own, immediate progression.

    And a nega-voltage for Terr.

    Also think I may have something to shake up the game's mechanics a bit. For you who aren't familiar with my games, this happens tragically often. I am an unapologetic system homebrewer who frequently loses control of my life and feels the urge to make up a new system and use it.

    Shouldn't interrupt things terribly.

    Marshmallow on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    How is that a negavoltage

    That is like

    A petavoltage

    That is 10^15 voltages

    Sig1.png
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    No one man should have all that Voltage.

    ~Malachite Forest~

    The group is probably not waiting on anyone else, so far as the universe is currently concerned, so getting a move on while the sun's still up seems like the smart idea.

    With no other grandiose plans in the wings, heading straight north appears to be the requisite action. The party girds their loins and Elise's servants hoist their oversized packs back onto their back and the the travelers are quickly enveloped by the waiting embrace of Malachite Forest, the leafy branches overhead rapidly closing over their heads and blotting out the midday sun, leaving the merest dappling of light to filter through where the canopy is thinnest. The air remains moist and musty, smelling strongly of dirt of plant matter.


    Mitsuhide
    The Gallade is a bit jumpier than usual, allowing the "respectful distance" from his Trainer to close until he's nearly right on top of her. He glares sharply into the shadows of the forest, as though daring them to expel their monsters and demons so he can defeat them here and now. If Elise's Combee attempts to make contact with the Psychic, Mitsuhide unwinds slightly, engaging the hovering bug primly but politely while maintaining his vigil over his charge. The two seem to get along well.

    Iktomi
    The Joltik is happy to stay close to Makai, preferring to ride on a shoulder or take up residence in a backpack pocket rather than fruitlessly attempt to keep up with the group on the ground. If encouraged to do some exploring, the tiny arachnid will take to the trees above, its silky threads occasionally flashing overhead as it ziplines from one tree to the next in order to keep pace.

    Fenrir
    If the Houndour is allowed to run freely, the canine is on suspiciously good behavior. The black and red Pokemon remains alert and inquisitive, pushing ahead of the group when possible to investigate thickets and bushes in ways that amazingly don't involve burning them down and murdering their inhabitants. He seems to be enjoying himself.

    Timaeus
    The water-otter is his usual, disciplined self, marching in step with his Trainer. He seems a little bit preoccupied.

    Orion
    If released from his Apricorn, Orion does not seem to be in the mood for a walk at all. The poisonous Bug Type will continually lag behind the group, dragging its feet and slowing them down until someone deigns to carry it or it gets returned to its Device.

    Gigen
    The spectre is fidgety and impatient, but unusually doesn't seem about to do anything about it. The Sableye keeps close to Tanaka's side, apparently having picked up a little bit of the moroseness bug from Weepy.

    Zeal
    The Combee is perfectly at home in the Forest, chipper and lively despite the gloom. She seems to be recovering beautifully from her earlier injury, and quickly gets down to the serious business of hammering out relations with the other active Pokemon if they'll put up with her. Though she wisely keeps her distance from the Houndour, she'll show especial interest in Iktomi if Makai allows the little Joltik to run free.

    While the Pokemon do, you know, Pokemon things, the group makes excellent time. This area of the forest doesn't appear to get enough light to support more than a light sprinkling of bushes and ivy, so the going is relatively easy. The servants chat quietly between themselves unless hushed, mostly about what they plan to do with their accrued pay when they return to Malachite.

    [6] Tanaka finds his gaze drawn to a small scattering of bushes that seem, to him, somehow out of place. After initially brushing away the odd notion, he finds himself subjecting the greenery to a second, sterner look.

    Yep, yep, definitely a pair of eyes there.

    The bush miraculously sprouts a gloved hand and tightly bandaged arm which gives a friendly wave. The grey cloth of the arm is stained and muddled with dark green paint and the bandages at the wrist hold a few snipped, leafy twigs in place along the forearm.

    "Good eye you've got, amigo!" the bush shouts over in congratulation.

    Marshmallow on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka & Gigen
    [Manful Martial Monk 3] - [Willful Wisdom Seeker 2] & [Spirited Spectral Scrapper 4] - [Puerile Pest 1]
    Volt: 0 Exp: 3


    "Thanks, tangleman." Tanaka rubs the back of his head. Gigen chitters something about his eyes and their obvious quality. I mean, duh.

    "What're you doing, uh, being a bush?"

  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    To make things simple, I'll include an asterisk by the name of Pokemon I have active (i.e. out of containment)

    Tullius [Calm 1/1][Praetor 3/3]
    *Timaeus [Loyal 3/3][Samurai 3/3]
    Orion [Melancholy 1/1][Scorpion 2/2]
    Volt: 2 Exp: 2

    Tullius was about to ask Timaeus if there were anything in particular bothering him, but was startled by the sudden appearance of the man in the bush. Restraining himself from ordering Timaeus to attack, Tullius realizes that it's not just his Oshawott that's on edge.

    "He-hello there, uhh... sir? Mind if we ask what it is you're doing there... in that bush... alone?" From the sound of the question, Tullius is almost afraid of what the answer might be.

    Sig1.png
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Makai [Perceptive 2/2][Ninja 3/3]
    Iktomi [Swift 2/2][Trickster 3/3]
    Fenrir [Fierce 2/2][?????? 1/1]
    Volt: 1; Exp: 2

    Makai lets Iktomi and Fenrir wander around free. Fenrir and Iktomi should get to know the rest of their pack

    "Ahh ha! Nice disguise bushman. Hiding from people or pokemon?"

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    That is an excellent idea that I approve of, Terr.

    ~Malachite Forest~

    The arm is followed by a man's head and torso, decorated similarly to the arm with dark, forest-y colors and sprigs of greenery. Even his face has been marked up to match, and his lanky hair is mostly covered with a mossy hood.

    "Keeping the peace. This piece right here. Foes of Malachite shall not pass unnoticed so long as a Ranger yet draws breath." His grin reveals that his mouth and teeth are temporarily dyed black. At least you hope it's temporary. At least you hope it's dye. "Ain't alone, neither," he continues.

    On cue, a distant, feminine "Howdy" purrs down from the treetops. A similarly camoflaged person can barely be made out, sitting in a branch-crook above. There appears to be a bow strung in their hands with an arrow nocked, but happily it's not drawn or pointed in their direction. She waves.

    The duo's appearance and demeanor jog Elise's memory. Harvey and Bailey.

    They're uh, special.

    The rest of the party at least recognizes the mode of dress, attitude, and overall, goodnatured zubatshit craziness. These are a pair of the notoriously independent Malachite Rangers.

    "Whoever and whatever, little bro," the bushfella replies to Makai's question. He looks the group up and down, noting the plentiful supplies, pair of servants, and two nobles.

    "Going on a picnic?" he ventures, head tilted questioningly.

    Marshmallow on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka & Gigen
    [Manful Martial Monk 3] - [Willful Wisdom Seeker 2] & [Spirited Spectral Scrapper 4] - [Puerile Pest 1]
    Volt: 0 Exp: 3


    "Yeah, I think. Wanna join us?"

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    ~Malachite Forest~

    "Hmm," the Ranger murmurs, considering the offer. "Nah, can't abandon our post, 'less you're planning on setting up right here."

  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Tullius [Calm 1/1][Praetor 3/3]
    *Timaeus [Loyal 3/3][Samurai 3/3]
    Orion [Melancholy 1/1][Scorpion 2/2]
    Volt: 2 Exp: 2

    Tullius tries not to sound relieved. "Well, what a shame. I don't suppose you'd happen to know where the nearest of those odd scorch marks is from here, would you? We thought we might have a look at one."

    Sig1.png
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tanaka & Gigen
    [Manful Martial Monk 3] - [Willful Wisdom Seeker 2] & [Spirited Spectral Scrapper 4] - [Puerile Pest 1]
    Volt: 0 Exp: 3


    "Well, that guy," He throws his head in Tullius' direction. "Seems pretty set on checkin' out those firescars that're up the way. And I'm kinda committed to going there myself."

    Shock G on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ~Malachite Forest~

    "Well, northish I guess. Couple miles. You'll know you're near when it gets dry and smoky. Not a pleasant place for a day trip though, I tell you what." The guy seems a tad put out that the group isn't planning on setting up their picnic right here.

    "Tell 'em 'bout the thingie!" the other Ranger calls down.

    "Oh yeah, very territor-ial Pokemon in between here and there though. Might wanna circle around a bit. It chased us off a couple days ago. Some sort of grass type?"

    "Face like a stomachache!"

    "Toady little thing with a hump, yeah. All black and green. Liked to shoot seeds and throw vines around."

    "We marked it out!"

    "Red cloth tied to trees, dead easy to keep out of its way if you pay attention to 'em."

    Marshmallow on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tanaka & Gigen
    [Manful Martial Monk 3] - [Willful Wisdom Seeker 2] & [Spirited Spectral Scrapper 4] - [Puerile Pest 1]
    Volt: 0 Exp: 3


    "Like some sorta hunchbacked Bellsprout?" Tanaka face takes a quizzical turn, before getting caught up in gratitude. "Thanks for the heads up! Maybe we'll have a picnic here on the way back."

    Shock G on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    ~Malachite Forest~

    "Hey, that'd be dandy."

    "You can just drop your leftovers off so you don't have to carry 'em all the way back, too."

    "Or that, we won't mind."

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well then, keep heading straight north or try and circle around the hunchbacked bellsprout spooky budew?

    Marshmallow on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Catarine and Mitsuhide
    [Haughty 2] - [Noblewoman 4] & [Honorable 2] - [Protector 3]
    Volt: 2 Exp: 1


    'Well I'm certainly in no rush to sally straight into known danger. Good work you, uh, rangers? Nice to see a scouting force worth their salt,' the noblewoman voices, throwing a radiant smile at the well-camoflaged guards. 'Although come to think of it I'm pressing into unknown dangers with these fiery wealds regardless, so I suppose a little extra peril is hardly going to make a difference.'

    PearlSig_zpstp8col6v.png

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Makai[Perceptive 2/2][Ninja 3/3]
    Iktomi [Swift 2/2][Trickster 3/3]
    Fenrir [Fierce 2/2][?????? 1/1]
    Volt: 1; Exp: 2


    "Sounds some kind of grass type. Shouldn't be no problem for Fenrir." Makai reaches in his pack and pulls out and apple. "Doing recon work can be super boring sometimes. It's good you to have a partner to keep you entertained. Hey, catch!" He tosses the apple at one in the tree.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Stab StabRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ~Malachite Forest~

    [1] The Ranger, apparently startled by Makai's gesture of goodwill, snaps into action to snatch the fruity projectile one-handed. Unfortunately the sudden movement causes her to lean backward a tiny bit too much and she tumbles ass over teakettle, ending up hanging precariously, upside down, from her branch.

    "Hey, cheers, kid!" she shouts down, unfazed, as a few errant arrows tumble out of a quiver and thud into the ground at the base of the tree.

    Marshmallow on
Sign In or Register to comment.