Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Poké] Voltage: Some People Visit The Daycare, I Use Guillotine

2456767

Posts

  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
  • StiltsStilts Memories are nice But that's all they areRegistered User regular
    Gawain and Amber

    Gawain chuckles. "Well, that settles it, Tanaka. You guardian approves of my presence."

    Amber nudges his shoulder. Oh, right. He hasn't given her a chunk of apple since he started talking. There's not much left, so he just breaks of piece off with his hands this time.

    "So, what's everyone else going to do?"

    Stilts.gif
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hudson and Esther

    The quiet young man whose hand often grasps at his charm necklace finishes cleaning a smudge off of his granite companion, who is decked with beads and painted with and angular red and gold design.

    "There, are you ready now?" he asks, receiving a grunt of approval. Hudson breathes deeply, then walks calmly but purposefully towards the new trainer he had previously seen consorting with an Absol. Esther walks loudly after him, showing her weight. A headband keeps Hudson's dark brown hair out of his eyes, which stare unflinchingly at the oracle.

    "Your name is Kenzo, yeah? What are your plans, now that you've graduated? People may not look kindly upon a man who travels with a pokémon like that, what do think of working together?" He stutters the three questions pretty quickly, as if they are rehearsed.

    Whyther on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration All Are Free Within The BiomassRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Rokaan & Obake


    Rokaan, a boy with shaggy black hair in dark colored attire and a apricorn wakizashi sheath over his back, sits at a table with two bowls of soup in front of him, in his left hand a spoon and in the other a spoon looking exactly the same save a small face staring back on it ( :| ).

    "Alright, ready?"
    The spoon nods.

    Rokaan drops Obake in his bowl, and starts working on his own, Obake popping up to the surface for air every now and then. Finally Rokaan drops his spoon and hold his bowl over his head, "Done!" He points at the dismayed ditto spoon, "You lose again! Hahaha!" Obake shifts into his original form and grabs Rokaan's spoon, bending it and tossing off the table in a huff. "Oh come on now, don't blame the spoon. It's all in the reflexes, there's a skill to it," Rokaan brags, grinning wildly. Obake just stares angrily at him for a moment before coiling around his neck as a small twine necklace with a small coin bearing a face on it.

    Normally, this is when he would slink off. That's what he should do. That's what his mission said. But this wasn't the world his masters were training him for. Their methods were honed under a burgeoning people, where cities with laws existed, where the arm of law had reach. These days, you were always in the middle of nowhere with too many jaded war criminals wandering around.

    So he walked over to the group of trainers gathering. "Sorry to interrupt, but did I hear travel? I've nothing keeping me here and intend to move on, I would very much enjoy allies out in the wild."

    alternatingAberration on
    VMICjI7.jpg?1
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka & Gigen

    "I don't know where I'm going. Me an' Gi where just gonna wonder around, righting wrongs and getting into manly fights." Trainer and pokemon look longingly out into the distance, hearts soaring.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    For those who may have glossed over the rules a bit. The Generator is your combined party Awesomeness/Experience/Resources availability bar.

    Individual Voltage (the little red, electrical thingies) start off loaded in The Generator, and can then be given by any Player to any other Player when they feel they have earned it in some way. After being earned, it can be redeemed at any time for bonus damage, item purchases, or other cool stuff outlined in the OP.

    Once spent, it turns into your personal Experience which you can spend again to learn new Weapon Styles, get new Moves for your Pokemon, or advance your Trait Ranks.

    You'll get used to it. Promise.

    Marshmallow on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    Bhutso & Mara

    "Travel seems the word of the day! Malachite's flame burns low but it's well protected, growing stronger each day." He muses, itching at a gnarled scar inching its way up his neck. "Soon enough they'll have new students fresh on our heels, and what's to say we don't send a few more their way?"

  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka & Gigen

    "Hey, that's an idea. Missionaries of the Academy! Sure to be plenty of adventure."

  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration All Are Free Within The BiomassRegistered User regular
    Rokaan & Obake


    "Oh yeah, justice and stuff," Rokaan says to Tanaka, scratching his chin, "there's a lot of different definitions of that these days."

    Turning to Bhutso, "Really does seems like a lot of people are eager to leave this place. Guess that's just the way the world works now."

    VMICjI7.jpg?1
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Elise & Zeal

    Elise shoots the young boy with the fire horse a worried glance as he addresses the monk's pokemon, but shrugs it off as either humor... or perhaps some kind of unorthodox cunning?

    Jutting back to attention, she firmly nods her assent to the scarred monk's plan.

    "The only question is: where to go? While you could probably run into problems, either others' or new ones of your own, heading any direction out of Malachite... there's likely to be more to tackle on the old paths to other cities. Most people can't have ventured too far from where they came from in their lifetimes, especially considering the risks involved."

    She ponders this, trying to hide her disappointment with Rokaan's observation. "We could perhaps head down to Slate, though it's certainly not the most ambitious first trek."

  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka & Gigen

    "Journey of a thousand miles or whatever."

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Spoilers:
    Spoiler:

    Marshmallow on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Kenzo and Oni

    A young, nearly pale-skinned man, twenty years of age, with bronze irises and short kept hair sits in a corner, who was finally done picking selective cooked and boiled vegetables (as well as any delicious fruits) and was busy eating as calm as he possibly could muster in this throng of excited people he came to understand in less than a year. His sinister looking compatriot, Oni, lay beneath his master’s feet, his eyes closed but his ears perked in the case of any threat. Such was it that even Eshter’s loud stomps did little to flinch him, believing it to be nothing more than a hollow display at bravado. Sure, the rock Pokémon could beat him in a fight, but it mattered little to the steadfast Absol. Now, if she were to even TOUCH his master...

    The hunter’s questions piqued Kenzo’s curiosity. Of all those who would ask him to work alongside with, he thought Hudson would have been the last. The hunter had a... unhealthy obsession with his Absol, even so far as pointing his bow loaded with an arrow at it the first day of his arrival. Since then, Hudson has kept an eye on Oni’s presence. Whatever his reason for hating the beast, Kenzo had hoped the hunter’s simple suspicions of Kenzo’s mystical arts would keep him at bay...for the moment. Of course, not one to keep something as silly as a simple grudge, Kenzo answers truthfully, “Kenzo is my name, indeed. And I take it your Hudson?” He feigns some ignorance of his own, hoping to give the hunter some courage, if his stuttering was any indication. “My plans? Why I’d like to see the world and its current state. I must say the people of Malachite are a hardy folk, having endured so much into this war. I’d like to see how the rest of the world’s cities are. Perhaps one of them has a library whose’ resources are more vast. As for whom I travel with, Oni is as reliable a friend as they come. Only the superstitious fear what they don’t understand and I for one judge a Pokemon’s action rather than what people normally associate them with. As for travelling, I wouldn’t mind having an extra sword arm by my side, or bow in your case. The world outside has seen its share of troubles, and only a fool would deny the help of a potential ally... he says, hoping the last part would sink into the young hunter’s mind. Kenzo believed even someone as ... volatile as Hudson would understand not to shy away from a helping hand, even if it comes from his Absol. Oni meanwhile continues laying on the ground, though he has opened one eye to check what delicious treat his master might throw down the table.

    Kenzo listens in on the young squire Gawain's question. "What will I do? Well, I'd settle to go to any of the remaining Imperial mayor cities left standing, preferably one with a standing library or archives that is more... extensive than Malachite's. However, wisdom dictates that there is safety in numbers, yes? I'd be happy to join any of you on an 'adventure' of sorts. The world out there is very different than what I pictured after... leaving my hometown. And I imagine there are beasts out there that could rival our powers combined. As for where we can go, I've heard talk of a Battle Veteran having spread his roots in Quartz Town north of here. No doubt his experience and wisdom in battle could prove invaluable to fighters such as yourself..." Kenzo left it at that, making certain he wasn't left alone to the hunter's devices.

    TiamatZ on
    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    marsh game tradition time

    draw your character(s)
    Spoiler:

    Squall on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Bhutso & Mara

    "Mmm, could go that way I suppose" he ponders Elise's words. "Might run into some water troubles, I hear" he says, stuffing a strawberry in his mouth. "Mmybe nrth. Tkes me right by home so it's familiar enough. Doesn't say much for how hospitable the land is though."

    Squall on
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hudson and Esther

    Hudson forces a smile and quickly responds to Kenzo: "fantastic, we can watch out for each other-- keep each other honest." With that he turns away, joining the assembled group on the opposite side of the Oracle.

    Esther stands a bit away from the group, her back turned and her eyes closed. Once Hudson realizes what she is doing, he rolls his eyes and shifts to the others.

    "If we do travel north, I could aid our journey. I've spent most of my life in the woods there." He turns to Elise with a raised brow, and adds "The land is still claimed by Malachite, yeah? It would do your subjects good to know they are safe in the forests, and that they haven't been forgotten."


    edit: That is a good drawing, Squall.

    Whyther on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    Kenzo and Oni

    Kenzo shudders at the tattooed monk's remarks of water. He had hoped to travel to Redstone Island years ago, but the fact that there was an entire OCEAN between the island and himself, he let the idea of it slip away from his mind.

    "Very well then, North does sound better. I've always wanted to see Quartz Town."

    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Whyther wrote: »
    edit: That is a good drawing, Squall.

    Pay him no mind, he's just fishing for Voltage.

  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    oh yeah, let me try this again:

    That was a good (Voltage5.gif) drawing, Squall.

    Whyther on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Tullius and Timaeus

    Standing nearby the party but still definitely separate, Tullius kneels next to his friend Timaeus. The Oshawott clutches a plate of food, eating happily, while the young man nervously looks over a massive book. He is there alone, his parents living far away and his patron having already left. Various instructors passed by to wish him well, regardless of his own reservations regarding his premature graduation. But the Law was steadfast. It would wait for no man, and his appointment to the rank of Praetor was here.

    Tullius stood, straightening the odd garment he was now supposed to wear. It was, for all purposes, a robe, but the rare and exquisite purple lining marked him as a politician. It was rare indeed for a man such as him to be wearing such a garment at all; wearing it at the age of eighteen was almost unthinkable. It usually took decades for a man with no politically-engaged relatives to reach the rank of Praetor Iuvenis, as it was called in his province. And they were often skilled warriors, which Tullius certainly was not. Instead, rather than spend five years training him in swordplay or some other real weapon, he'd been sent by his patron to this school. It was cheaper.

    At the mention of an imperial town, however, Tullius stood up and approached the oracle Kenzo. He tried to make himself heard, although to be frank, the man kinda gave him the creeps. "Ex-cu-use me?" he stuttered a bit before clearing his throat and continuing. "You mentioned the imperial provinces? If you're planning on traveling in those directions, I may be able to offer some advice. Let me know if you're interested, I'll be over there." He pointed in a random direction and scuttled away, Timaeus waddling after him, waggling a cheerful paw at Oni.

    Walking in the indicated direction, he almost stumbled directly into Elise, and had to duck his head to stop Zeal from smacking him in the forehead. "Woah!" he warned off the buzzing creature with a gentle wave. He had always rather enjoyed the company of Elise, a woman of the class he had been forced into unprepared. As a fresh graduate from the Imperial School of Law, he held genuine respect for her attitude of study. He tried his best to enter into the conversation between her and Tanaka without seeming rude. "Hey, congratulations, Elise. You too, Tanaka. So, you guys going to stay local, or head off somewhere else? Think I'll be heading for Slate, myself." Timaeus took the opportunity to remove his scalchop and shine it up a bit, having spilled a spot of food there.

    Terrendos on
    Sig1.png
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Whyther wrote: »
    oh yeah, let me try this again:

    That was a good (Voltage5.gif) drawing, Squall.

    Now look what you've done. He's probably gonna draw more. I hope you're happy.

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Akan & Iktomi

    Amoungst the graduates there is a boy. Looks to be about 20. Average build. Garments are dark grays and dark greens that could easily be mistaken for blacks. Fabrics are worn, hastily patched up commoner fare. He is almost aggressively uninteresting. His right ankle crossed over his left knee, and right hand cradling his face, he looks on dreamily. 8->

    This boy is Akan Amakusa. He watches.

    The fresh graduates socialize like normal human beings, and he continues to stare on silently. He possesses the countenance of a spectator, or animal researcher despite these are his peers. He mouthes to himself, "The Noble, The Prodigy, The Barbarian..."

    No that's rude. He's assigning roles to them already. Making up stories. That's for them to do. Weave their own stories. With Triumphs and Failures and Romance and Mysteries and oh my it's all so exciting! I wonder what our story will be. Akan looks away from the group of his peers, to his side...where Iktomi was patiently sitting just a moment ago. Ugh. So Careless. I should have known there was no way she's sit so long without plotting some form of mischief.

    ***

    A humble Malachitian goes grab a bit of food, but is dismayed to find it hop just out of their reach and instant before they grab it.

    ***

    Akan hurries around looking for his most trusted companion. He almost calls out her name but stops himself. No, I will not play the role of The Bumbler, whom can not even keep track of his pokemon on the first day. I am not entirely sure what my story be, but it most certainly will not be that.

    ***

    Between two tables a gossamer thread catches the sunlight making it visible for only an instance.

    funkybanner_zps9614e94d.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Elise & Zeal

    Elise bites her lower lip as she reacts to the the bowman's question. "Indeed, most of the surrounding lands are claimed as part of Malachite, though most locales are free from the burden of a tax and the benefit of Malachite patrols."

    She straightens herself. "Heading north is a sound plan, both to establish contact with Quartz and provide what assistance we can to the locals. In fact I should probably confer with the other nob-!!"

    Elise is caught off guard as Tullius obliviously continues his approach right into her, never expecting that man to be a threat to her composure. She barely manages to catch herself from what could have been a very embarrassing fall. Zeal helps steady the Lady before affixing Tullius with a chiding glare.

    "...congratulations to you as well...Tullius." the noblewoman utters uncomfortably in response to his overly familiar address. "We were just discussing what we were planning to do after graduation, and traveling to Quartz seems to be the popular option. You were thinking of venturing from Malachite as well..?" she seems unsure how long that man could survive in dangerous territory, even with his capable pokemon...


    Neo, I'd like you to know that I like what you're doing. Getting close to earning a voltage, but not quite yet.

    Rawkking Goodguy on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Iktomi the Galvantula is causing mischief by putting up spider silk trip wires, and using webbing to snatch food way from NPC's.

    Akan is trying to find her before something happens, while at the same time without looking incompetent.

    Akan & Iktomi

    In Akan's hurried searching he joins the conversing Noblewoman and politician. "Hello. How are..." Akan's eyes scan around looking for something. "you guys doing? Heheheh." Akan lets out a nervous laugh. "If you're heading to Quartz, I'd..." He looks distracted again, peeking around. "...love to join you."




    funkybanner_zps9614e94d.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Excellent, now Akan just looks shifty : D

  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka & Gigen

    "Well then, I guess Quartz it is." Tanaka rubs his chin. "Hey, shifty guy, you look a little nervous. What's up?"

  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hudson and Esther

    Suddenly realizing his hunger, Hudson steps away from the group and makes his way to the serving table. He mutters something about finding some soft chalk or pumice for Esther as he steps past his Nosepass.

    Ignoring a plate, he simply reaches for a duck's leg, only to have it inch just out from his fingertips. His eyes narrow and his free hand clenches. Something is afoot.

    Whyther on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Akan and Iktomi

    There is a flash of pain at the use of the word 'Shifty'. First rule of ninjutsu is Don't Be Seen. And if you are seen, Look Boring. Which is basically the opposite of what's happening here.

    Akan tries to recover. "I'm just....so excited? We did it guys. We.." He catches a gossamer thread twinkling in the light about a foot off the ground. Without a second thought, pulls a star from his belt and severs a trip wire. God, how many has she laid down. "I'm Akan Amakusa," he slumps his shoulders and exhales in defeat. "And I seem to have lost track of Iktomi."

    ***

    Iktomi pulls at the thread, depriving the man of his Duck's leg once again. She is very amused by this and makes a electrified snickering noise.
    BzztzztzztzztZtt
    BzztzztzztzztZtt

    NeoToma on
    funkybanner_zps9614e94d.png
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Tullius and Timaeus

    Tullius responds with an odd look at the curt manner in which Elise answered him. Doubtless he's made another error in his manners, probably because he didn't bow or something silly. But then, it's not as though she called him Praetor, his official title, so perhaps it was something else.

    "You're going to Quartz, huh? Well, that's probably a better idea than Slate. Perhaps I'll come along." Just then, he noticed Timaeus jumping next to the food table, obviously trying to get some more fish. Sadly, the Oshawott was too short to reach the table on his own.

    "Here, let me help yo-ahh!" Tullius moved to aid his companion, but felt his ankle catch on something. Ordinarily he'd have been fine, but those blasted robes were so cumbersome that he couldn't stop himself from falling over. Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, he did manage to grab Tanaka for support, very nearly bringing them both to the floor.

    "Okay wait, who did that? That was maybe 30% me." He paused. "Maybe 40%."

    Sig1.png
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Conceal Don't FeelRegistered User regular
    Catarine and Yojimbo

    A young woman stands towards the edge of the room, a definate wallflower, she is unaccustomed to this level of social gathering. Certainly there had been parties before, at her families manse, but never with this many people, and certainly never with so many commoners. But Catarine had a task to do and, eying a fellow student who looked to be of a similar birthright to herself standing with a group of others she made to move towards them.

    Yojimbo, who had been studying the room with the practiced gaze of a bodyguard, placed his hand on her upper arm to halt her.

    'It's going to be very difficult getting to know these people if you keep trying to stop me talking to them you know' muttered Catarine, giving the Gallade a questing stare.

    But the Gallade merely pointed towards a nigh-invisble strand stretched out at ankle height, he reached down to remove it from his mistress' way and then gestured for her to continue.

    'Oh, well, thanks, sorry. Seems an odd place to put decorations. Lets go talk to the people shall we...'

    She walks towards the gathered group, years of etiquette making her the very picture of poise and grace. She's prepared her introduction in her head, this is the moment where her journey across the land begins and she is ready for it.

    Unfortunately what slips out is more akin to 'GreetingsI'mCatarineDemaskéandI'mheretolearnaboutpeopleantthingsuhmm, ugh.' Than anything verbose and insightful.

    Damn, this public speaking thing is harder than it seemed in my head

    She tries a slightly less dignified but somewhat more audible approach;

    'Ahem, sorry about that, nerves you know. I'm Catarine, of the Demaské family, I've got to go out and learn about the lands outside my family, sounds like a frightful bore to me to be honest, but that's tradition for you. I don't believe I know your names?'


    ooC: I'll throw up a character sketch sometime today if I get chance.

    LetharCombo_zpsbd0f5853.gif?t=1348690746

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Oh no, artists.

  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    oh yes

    Bhutso & Mara

    "Lady Demaské," he says, bowing with warm courtesy, "your clan's reputation precedes you. We appear to be forming a troupe of some sort, and wouldn't shun the aid of a Demaskén sword at our side through the northern forest and scarred wastes."

    His smile runs cheek to cheek. "Bhutso is my name," he says, contemplating a grape between thumb and forefinger, "of the temple to the north, the Light of the Wastes, spreading word of life and rebirth in times such as these. Mara is around here somewhere," he trails off.

    She is, in fact, at the dessert table, fuming over a marshmallow cream puff that doesn't seem to want to sit still. Her eyes narrow, a puff of flame eeking out of her snout, roasting the puff on the table where it then lies still. She inhales it whole, still aflame, and discreetly covers the charred spot on the tablecloth with a spare plate.

  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Conceal Don't FeelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Catarine and Yojimbo

    Catarine is momentraily surprised; she had not expected such verbose speech from the tattooed monk but she hides it behind a mask of elegant composure.

    She returns a brief smile and responds (desperately trying to recall her tutors words on the regions geography): 'Well north would most likely lead to the majority of the population centers, and it's those I need to study and learn from, so I'd be happy to accompany you, provided that is acceptable with the rest of your party. I must say however that I'm not sure how much of an asset I would be in a fight, but I'm certain Yojimbo here shall prove ample in that regard.'

    Yojimbo himself is studying the group with cautious eyes, the confident noblewoman, the nervous, robed youth, the somewhat distracted man who's eyes continually dart out from the circle of bodies, a Knight of some sort? A shaven-headed monk and a jovial young man with an open expression
    (I think that's everyone, shout out if I missed you!)No one looks like they would turn hostile, although he is wary of the shadowy imp perched on the shoulder of the monk, but for now he can forsee no immediate danger to his naive charge.

    Also picture time:
    Spoiler:
    Kind of rough, but close enough I think. Also Gallade has a really odd design...

    Halos Nach Tariff on
    LetharCombo_zpsbd0f5853.gif?t=1348690746

  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    diggin it man

    more arts from everyone

  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Hudson and Esther

    Hudson, shocked, mutters to himself, then closes his eyes and turns away from the food, returning to the group swiftly.

    "Tanaka," he interrupts urgently, "As a monk, you're trained to deal with mysterious happenings and dealings with the other world, yeah? Do you know how to perform--" He pauses so that the weight of the situation is not lost on the graduates, "--an exorcism?" There is worry in his eyes, it would be foolish to leave town when there are malicious spirits hounding the residents.

  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Tullius and Timaeus

    Tullius, having recovered his balance and straightened out his robes once again, offers a hand to Catarine. "I suppose that kind of formality is expected of me now, huh. Very well, I am Tulli- Praetor Tullius, Lady Demaské, and I'm sure you'd be welcome here. Oh, and this," he snapped his fingers to catch the attention of Timaeus, who, in the wake of Tullius's pratfall, managed to knock free a grilled filet and was happily munching on it. At the sound of the snap, he turned around to see Tullius and waddled over. "This is Timaeus, my protector."

    Timaeus appears quite impressed with Yojimbo, either by the creature's fearsome countenance or the reputation of the species. He bows as gracefully as a creature of his meager stature can, and offers the paw not holding half-eaten fish to the Gallade.

    Sig1.png
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Akan and Iktomi

    After overhearing Hudson's plea to Tanaka, it only takes an instant to decipher what's going on here. Akan sees the roasted duck askew and knowing what to look for, easily spots the thread on the drumstick. From that point finding Iktomi is simple. Akan addresses the hunter and the monk, "Hudson? Tanaka? I'm Amakusa Akan. The exorcism will be unnecessary. The mysterious spirit responsible-" Without looking away from the conversation, he grabs the thread and yanks hard, pulling his unawares companion clumsily from her hiding place under a nearby table. "Belongs to me.

    "Iktomi. To me." A spider pokemon crawls over to Akan's side. "I'm sorry Hudson. She's too clever for her own good and loves causing trouble. But I suppose her pranks did force me to introduce myself." Perhaps that was her intention all along? He posture relaxes, and he laughs a bit. "How curious the threads tie us together. Pulling us to and fro, hither and yon."


    NeoToma on
    funkybanner_zps9614e94d.png
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Tanaka & Gigen

    "Aw, man." Gigen and Tanaka look so disappointed. "I was so set to punch a gho- perform an exorcism."

    Shock G on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Conceal Don't FeelRegistered User regular
    Catarine and Yojimbo

    Catarine accepts Tullius' offered hand and greets him cordially before whispering discreetly; 'if you cinch your robes up higher it will be far easier to save a stumble from a fall, but in this case I suspect it may not have been your fault, there's some odd wires laid about.'

    Yojimbo automatically returns the smaller pokémons bow with one of his own, he can feel an odd sense of courage emanating from the little otter, an unsual sensation in times such as these and takes the extended paw into his own.

    Catarine was about to voice a question as to the exact duties of a Praetor when a commotion across the group makes her glance across in time to see an insectoid pokémon being pulled from across the room by a scruffy looking youth. 'I suppose that explains the mystery of the silken traps,' she voices to no one in particular.

    LetharCombo_zpsbd0f5853.gif?t=1348690746

  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration All Are Free Within The BiomassRegistered User regular
    Rokaan & Obake

    Rokaan can't help but laugh a bit at the shenanigans, and glances down at his own hanging around his neck. It looks like the little guy has tucked himself under Rokaan's shirt, peering over the collar. Obake starts when Rokaan pulls the Ditto medallion off and holds it in front of him. "I guess I better introduce my partner too!" Really, there was no need, but Rokaan was kind of proud. "This is Obake!" The Ditto immediately turns the coin-face toward Rokaan with a face matching Obake's shock at this betrayal, to which Rokaan shrugs off with a grin. The coin necklace then shifts forms into a heavy farming plow, throwing Rokaan off balance, then the plow flows like water into a length of chain sliding quickly past Rokaan's unbalance feet and knocking them out from under him. Before he can get up the Ditto slithers up onto his head, shifting to its natural form looking triumphant.

    "Oh well you are just all kinds of playful today."

    VMICjI7.jpg?1
Sign In or Register to comment.