As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BSG] Game (Base) 25: Back to BASICs! CYLON Victory by Fuel loss!

• CamachoCamacho Five-time Ultimate Smackdown Champion Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    With the cards people say they have I dont think we will ever make it to +12.

I'm sure we can put in +10 and make it to 6+, so the question becomes:
    Is 1 morale worth 10 points?

I say yes, and I can help a lot - and it would be nice if both Roslin and Helo would help

Camacho on
    Gaius Baltar in artadius's BSG Game 25
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I just don't have the cards to help. If I'm understanding this properly, anything I put in will work against us rather than in our favour.

BobCesca on
    Yellow and Green cards count as positive.

You have 1 green card, so i suggest you play it...

I didn't realise that, I thought it was only yellow.

Phew. I can help, a little.

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I'll put in what I can, but I'm saving my XO for my turn.

I play 1 - Consolidate Power.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • artadiusartadius Registered User regular
    Camacho wrote:
    Yellow and Green cards count as positive.

You have 1 green card, so i suggest you play it...

That could very well be my fault. The last post I made with the crisis information lost the color formatting and I didn't catch that...it has been corrected.

Moderating BSG Game 25
    Cayrus wrote:
    I'll put in what I can, but I'm saving my XO for my turn.

I play 1 - Consolidate Power.
    Terrorist Investigations - 12(6)YG
    Pass: Current player looks at 1 random Loyalty Card belonging to any player; 6+: No effect; Fail: -1 morale

Activate Heavies || + Jump Prep

Destiny: 1 - Launch Scout, 3 - Maximum Firepower
    Roslin (Cayrus): 1 - Consolidate Power
    Helo (BobCesca): ??
    Baltar (Camacho): ??
    Adama (1digitalranger1): ??
    Apollo (Penumbra): ??

Current Tally: +1 -1 -3 = -3 - FAIL.

BobCesca: You're up to play into skill check.

As a reminder folks, no need to PM me what you're playing, just post the cards here in topic due to Investigative Committee. Just make sure you stick to player order.

Moderating BSG Game 25
    BobCesca plays 1 - Executive Order
    Pass: Current player looks at 1 random Loyalty Card belonging to any player; 6+: No effect; Fail: -1 morale

Helo (BobCesca): 1 - Executive Order
    Baltar (Camacho): ??

Current Tally: +1 +1 -1 -3 = -2 - FAIL.

Camacho: You're up

Moderating BSG Game 25
    edited January 2012
    i'll play:

5 - Investigative Committee
    3 - Declare Emergency

now we should be at 6

Camacho on
    Camacho wrote:
    i'll play:

5 - Investigative Committee
    3 - Declare Emergency

now we should be at 6

Baltar (Camacho): 5 - Investigative Committee, 3 - Declare Emergency

Current Tally: +6 +4 -1 -3 = 6 - PARTIAL.

1digitalranger1: You're up

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • 1digitalranger11digitalranger1 Registered User regular
    Ill play
    2 executive order
    3 declare emergency
    Its up to u apollo just need one

playing Adama on BSG game 25
    edited January 2012
    Ill play
    2 executive order
    3 declare emergency
    Its up to u apollo just need one

Adama (1digitalranger1): 2 executive order, 3 declare emergency

Current Tally: +6 +9 -1 -3 = 11 - PARTIAL.

Penumbra: You're up and last to play into the check.

artadius on
    Moderating BSG Game 25
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I'll play 1 - Executive Order. And I believe that brings us to the Pass condition.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
    Penumbra wrote:
    I'll play 1 - Executive Order. And I believe that brings us to the Pass condition.

Adama (1digitalranger1): 2 executive order, 3 declare emergency
    Apollo (Penumbra): 1 - Executive Order

Tally: +6 +10 -1 -3 = 12 - PASS.

Penumbra: You may choose any player and look at one of their loyalty cards (everyone has one currently except Baltar who has two).

Moderating BSG Game 25
    I'm inclined to agree about the president or admiral being the targets of this investigation. My gut says check out dear old dad, but I am willing to hear arguments concerning the president and her quorum.

lol If i was a cylon i just have give you the rope to hang myself, since i'm not a cylon i hate to waste the look on me

lol If i was a cylon i just have give you the rope to hang myself, since i'm not a cylon i hate to waste the look on me

I am inclined to agree with that, not that it in anyway proves your loyalty since it might just be a risky play on your end.

But then again, it's probably not. I say, look at the Presidents loyalty.

I think that holds true, but maybe this was a gesture to not have me look your way. May our children judge us fairly - I would like to investigate Madame President.

Penumbra takes a peek at Cayrus' loyalty card.

Moderating BSG Game 25
    Cylon Activations:

Heavy Raiders are activated! Since no Heavy Raiders / Centurions are on the board, a Heavy Raider is launched from the Basestar in Sector 1.

The Fleet Gains +1 Jump Prep (Red 2)

Moderating BSG Game 25
    Turn 1.4 - President Roslin (Cayrus)

Cayrus draws 3 Politics and 2 Leadership.

Board:

166zm1j.jpg

Cayrus: Move + Action

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to chill on Colonial One and XO someone. I know Apollo is a good candidate. Any else feel that they'd be better?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

I'd say either mine the quorum deck or XO Baltar to get some engineering cards. Or I can go raider shootin.

Also, I'd like to say Madame President, I am relieved that you are not an appliance.

I've got some good quorum cards and Apollo isn't quite in the right position to frak the cylons yet, so I think I'll boss Baltar around.

I'll play 1 - Executive Order on Gaius Baltar. Please research some science so we can kill some toasters.

We're gonna want to put more birds in the air and stop that heavy raider

Cayrus wrote:
    I've got some good quorum cards and Apollo isn't quite in the right position to frak the cylons yet, so I think I'll boss Baltar around.

I'll play 1 - Executive Order on Gaius Baltar. Please research some science so we can kill some toasters.

Camacho's XO via CO:

He stays put and activates the Research Lab twice. First drawing an Engineering card and then a Tactics card.

Moderating BSG Game 25
    Roslin's Crisis Step:

Roslin's Religious Visions ability allows her to draw two crisis cards and choose one to activate and bury the other.

Sending top two crisis cards to Cayrus.

Moderating BSG Game 25
    One was super bad, the other was okay and I think we can pass it.

Cayrus chooses one crisis and sends it to the bottom of the deck. The other is played:
    Crash Landing - 6PR
    Pass: No Effect; Fail: The Admiral may spend 1 fuel. If he does not, -1 morale, and the current player is sent to "Sickbay."

Activate Heavies || NO Jump Prep

Looking for interrupts first: Investigative Committee and/or Scientific Research.

Moderating BSG Game 25
    I can't tell if there's 1 or 2 strategy cards left in the destiny deck - but if my count is correct there's 1 Pilot and 1 Engineering card left in the destiny deck.

I'm thinking of playing a scientific research to make it more likely, that destiny is with us + then i can help with 2 cards instead of 1.

Let me hear your thoughts.

edited January 2012
    based on the target number of 6 i could play ether 1 for a little or two for a large amount, i'd rather keep one to help with upcoming crisis as i shot my mighty wad last crisis your closer to your turn camacho so burning a blue might not be a bad idea lets see if any of the pilots can help

1digitalranger1 on
    I would like to hear if others can help before we commit to anything.

We could also fail this one, save our cards and get a better idea of what's left in the destiny deck by seeing what it has for us now.

I've got a 4 and/or a 2, and the target is relatively low (though I'd rather not burn out all my cards)

I can help a low amount, in the event I am needed. I'm holding onto something that will keep me in the air if something gets lucky.

I cannot help with this.

edited January 2012
    There's been quite a few questions about secrecy and there's been some talk publicly that has been more revealing than is typically allowed in a game of BSG. However, I know we've got some new players here so I'm overlooking these as much as possible.

I'm going to post the secrecy information directly out of the FAQ here just so everyone for sure reads it:
    Secrecy Golden Rule
    When in doubt, players may make statements that are “polar opposites”. This means that players may say if they have a “high” or “low” strength card, but may not say that they have a “pretty high”, “kinda low” or even a “medium” strength card.

Skill Checks
    When adding cards to skill checks, players are forbidden from listing what card types, colors or strength they played into (or plan to play into) the skill check.
    They may only share information that follows the “Secrecy Golden Rule”. Common terminology that players use in this situation is “a lot” or “a little.” The only instance in which a player may say that he is adding “a medium amount” to a skill check is if he plays multiple cards into the check.
    Players may also say such statements as “I am playing five low cards to this skill check”. They may do this because the number of cards being added to the skill check is open information.

Skill Card Abilities

If a player is hoping that another player has a specific Skill Card ability, he may ask other players.
    For example, if a player is thinking of using the “FTL Control” location during his Action step, he may ask if any players have a “Strategic Planning” Skill Card.
    Players may admit to having a requested card, but are not required to.
    This information should not be abused (for example, a player should not just list off all card abilities in his hand).

Hand and Deck Size
    The number of cards in each player’s hand, each Skill deck, Quorum deck and the destiny deck are open information.
    The top card of each discard pile is open information, but players are not allowed to count the number of cards in it.

Loyalty Cards
    If a player is able to look at another player’s loyalty cards, he may not share specific information about the cards (such as an ability printed on it).
    He may however make open accusations of the player being either a Cylon or a Human.
    If the player looked at multiple Loyalty Cards, he may not share the number of Cylon cards the player has, and may simply accuse him of being a Cylon (or not).
    When the player looks at another player’s Loyalty Cards, the owner of the Loyalty Cards is allowed to know which cards are being looked at.

Top Card of the Deck
    There are times when players receive information about the top card of a deck (such as Destination or Crisis cards).
    Players may not share specific information about these cards, but may classify the card as being “bad” or “good”.

Civilian Ships
    When a player is able to look at the face of a civilian ship token, he may not reveal it or share the specific information listed on it.
    He may however say that it has “a lot” or “a little” resources.

artadius on
    Moderating BSG Game 25
    :oops:

My bad.

BobCesca wrote:
    :oops:

My bad.

No worries. Everyone's a Nugget at some point.

Moderating BSG Game 25
    edited January 2012
    Well I say we go for it

Play a scientific research

Given that there's 6 cards in the destiny deck and atleast 3 of them counts as positive I think it's fair to assume that the 2 cards from the destiny deck are gonna cancel each other out.

My gut tells me we wont see more than -4 from the deck, so if we can just add +10 we will be home free.

I guess noone wants to play a Investigative Committee, so after Artadius add cards from the destiny deck i'm gonna throw in some cards:

I will play my 2 last skillcards:

1 card is low (can't comment on the value of the other due to secrecy - but I guess it's pretty revealing in itself that i dont comment on it)

Someone step up, and add some more value!

Camacho on
    Scientific Research is in effect. No other interrupts played.

Baltar's propensity for bad luck has once again shown its ugly face. The survey team has crash landed on a planet they were sent to in order to look for natural resources. The survey team must now figure out how to get back to the fleet safely after making needed repairs... or the Admiral might be forced to send a SAR team to find them...

Baltar (Camacho) plays 2 cards

Apollo (Penumbra) plays 1 card

Crash Landing - 6PRB
    Pass: No Effect; Fail: The Admiral may spend 1 fuel. If he does not, -1 morale, and the current player is sent to "Sickbay."

Activate Heavies || NO Jump Prep

Destiny: 2 cards
    Helo (BobCesca): ??
    Baltar (Camacho): 2 Cards 'One low'
    Apollo (Penumbra): 1 Card
    Roslin (Cayrus): ??

Moderating BSG Game 25