Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

It's about that time again. Top Games of 2012.

124»

• Skull2185Skull2185 Yoomanity's best hope I should goRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:
    I'm not getting a 3DS until they go XL

A very wise decision, I think Mario Kart gave me arthritis...

3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Although I'm not entirely sure how Gearbox can have 3 games in development at once but Aliens: Colonial Marines looks like it could be best Aliens game since the first PC Aliens vs Predator game

Agreed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xulEWbAyv3k&feature=related

Scotty on
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    I'm mostly interested in Diablo III...but Blizzard has been so bad about a release date and a beta invite that I am honestly losing interest pretty quickly. I have too many other games to play now thanks to the Steam Sale.

I need to go through ME1/ME2 again to get pumped for ME3. I know this is blasphemy, but I didn't really enjoy Mass Effect 2 all that much. It was just a bunch of flying around looking for characters to join your crew. I chalk this up to the fact that I didn't play ME1. So now I'm going back and will play both to hopefully convince me of the awesomeness of the games.

3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    Currently playing: Pokemon X, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, Smite, 999
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Games I care about on that list
    -Mass Effect 3
    -Hitman Absolution
    -Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (but I don't expect it until 2013)
    -Diablo 3
    -GTA V
    -Counterstrike Global Offensive (maybe)
    -Prototype 2
    -Fable the Journey(more for my wife)

Add Tribes if you count that as 2012

11793-1.png
    Spoiler:
  • BeltaineBeltaine XB1M13Registered User regular
    -Mass Effect 3
    -Borderlands 2
    -Metal Gear Rising Revengence
    -Diablo 3
    -The Last of Us
    -Final Fantasy XIII-2
    -The Last Guardian
    -GTA V
    -Counterstrike Global Offensive
    -Bioshock Infinite
    -Far Cry 3
    -Fable the Journey

Pretty much sums it up for me. Mostly sequels of old favorites.

Nintendo ID: Beltaine
    3DS: 2423-2361-7857
    Steam: beltane77 PSN: Beltaine-77
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    I almost feel bad for trolling this thread with the Episode 3 mention. Almost.

Though other than DOTA 2, Valve doesn't have much on their plate right now, so hopefully?

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    schuss wrote:

Though other than DOTA 2, Valve doesn't have much on their plate right now, so hopefully?

There's CS GO and they're bound to also be working on something that hasn't been announced yet.

3DS code: 3480-2527-9521
    steam_sig.png
  • CambiataCambiata I'm an alchemist and the beat is my base metal Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Deadfall wrote:
    There is a good chance that, for much of 2012, I will play nothing but Mass Effect 3. Over and over.

I thought I was the only one.

I don't mean that sarcastically, I mean pretty much that there's no other game I want to buy for 2012, and that I will obsess over this game in unhealthy levels.

Though I'll also be playing SWTOR.

Cambiata on
    -Tal wrote:
    If you don't develop Stockholm Syndrome, it's not a real RPG.
    Steam
    Origin ID: jazzmess
    Wishlist
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire Infamously Neon-Powered Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote:
    schuss wrote:

There's CS GO and they're bound to also be working on something that hasn't been announced yet.

CS:GO feels like a side project, and DOTA 2 is not exactly a game that requires 250 people to complete. They HAVE to be working on something big. I guess the bigger question (that relates to this thread) is whether that something big gets released in 2012 or not. *insert Valve Time joke here*

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • guarguar Registered User regular
    I don't really follow this stuff anymore. I imagine the community will be dead for Borderlands 2 by the time I get my hands on it. Have they announced a date for that yet?

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth You Don't Even Know, ManRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Woops, wrong thread.

Professor Snugglesworth on
124»