As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tell my wife I said, "[chat]."

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.

Oh boy do i know that. And when you do the sex and it's like... hot. Like wrestling a sweaty person.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Honk wrote:
    Regarding SWEATER I feel pretty sure that there wasn't much endgame content in WoW at release either.

There wasn't much, nah. I think only Molten Core, really, a lot of the dungeons were messed up, dire maul wasn't even in the game, you could raid the 10 man (or whatever they were) instances with 40 people to farm the loot there really quick as a guild etc.

In a game model that is focused around constantly adding content being an early adopter can seem kind of silly. Of course, wait too long to get on board and they start making content obsolete, though, usually only expansion packs will do that.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Sweater = The Star Wars Mmo, yes?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Podly wrote:
    syndalis wrote:
    Podly wrote:
    Speaking of major software, I'm considering the move from Logic to Ableton, if only for composition.

Like, I stayed awake for an hour last night thinking about it.

As someone with a small finger on the Apple Software world, you are best waiting a few more months, as I suspect an overhaul of Logic is going to be out by Summer.

And if the overhaul is akin to the "Final Cut Pro X" one they recently did, you will end up having to decide between two new products anyways.

Yeah but i hate this game:

"Oh SWEET new version of Logic, I'mma get it!"

"BUT A NEW ABLETON WILL BE OUT IN A FEW MONTHS AND IT'S A GAME CHANGER!"
    The next version of Logic will likely be a total rewrite from the last - probably borrowing a lot from Garageband's interface while leaving the professional plugin framework and stronger MIDI tools, amongst other things.

The next ableton will be an iteration. What you see from Ableton right now is what you will get in their next point release.

But if you are itching for a change right now, waiting always sucks and you may as well just jump into it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    I hope I am a member of the propaganda train.

I like trains, I want to be the conductor.

I'm the captain of the gravy train.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Daxon wrote:
    Honk wrote:
    Sweater is fun but i really don't see myself subscribing to it for years and years and years or even year singular

If its not F2P in 12 months I will be shocked

Out of curiosity why?

It had well over a million pre orders, it's not more buggy than other MMO releases. It has a ton of content, some new features, a lot of old features that just work. Star Wars.

Sweater?

I don think the traditional MMO model works anymore.

I don't agree with your opinion, sir. But I am willing to make several republic scum die to defend it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    The propaganda train is trying to say "Oh well it didn't change anything so it doesn't matter" and I am saying this is a concerted effort at solidifying these extrajudicial powers and it does matter and people should be upset, at the very least, that this has happened. Hopefully it will backfire and trigger a proper outrage.

I see there as being a few silver linings to this:

It's easier to repeal (or challenge in court) an explicit law than a set of powers scattered across several laws.
    It brings the issue into the public eye. This is bad for the President but good for the country.
    Part of making these powers explicit was that the new version of NDAA grants more power to the President to decide who should be detained, where previously the Pentagon had more of that power. This gives Obama added ability to get prisoners out of Guantanamo; now he needs to exercise that power.

I don't know that anybody here is saying "it didn't change anything so it doesn't matter." I suppose some right-wing hawks are saying that? The basic issue, at least from my vantage point, is that a lot of liberal hand-wringing makes it sound like this is some kind of Constitutional apocalypse, where a month ago we had a Bill of Rights and today we do not.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    SWTOR (Swah tore) sounds like sweater.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    feral

you know about drug stuff

help me understand the reasoning for this

let's say my doctor gives me a script for 30 adderall on march 1st

but i fill it on march 3rd because i was jerking my dicks or whatever

then let's say my doctor gives me a script for 30 adderall on april 1st

but i fill it on april 2nd

they won't let me fill it on april 2nd, saying i have to have at least 30 days between filling it

that doesn't make sense to me- it's thirty days since i COULD have filled it, right?

like, i still have the same supply for the same period

is the concern that i'm going to OD, or something?

it seems really silly

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

Have you considered advertising your gravy on the propaganda train? We're very good at it.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Fuck people who make skimpy sandwiches.

Two slices of bread, one slice of cheese and one slice of turkey is not a sandwich, it is a suicide note.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Once you aren't making good money off of box sales (which TOR should probably do for a good while still) I can't see why you would not switch to a hybrid subscription/f2p model (assuming maximizing income is your only goal). You still get the people paying for subs who want to pay for subs, and those who don't play for free but probably end up giving you money for features anyway.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    bowen wrote:
    SWTOR (Swah tore) sounds like sweater.

It's a stretch you have to admit. -tor and-ter are pretty different.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    feral

they won't let me fill it on april 2nd, saying i have to have at least 30 days between filling it

that doesn't make sense to me- it's thirty days since i COULD have filled it, right?

it seems really silly

More that you're going to sell it.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    how can you spend $100+ million dollars and have no end game?

I mean, i'm sure there is an endgame, right?

• Options
    Took me like a year to get to level 60 in WoW anyway, and I see it will probably take a while to max out in SWEATER as well. If only just because I am not babby anymore and have several important stuffs to do that take up time.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I agree with Jerry's post on Monday though. My brain is filing this damn thing as single player. I'm looking for the "Save" option before I enter a conversation because I want to try out all the options!

So crazy. So fun. So soul sucking. That is ToR.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    Honk wrote:
    So if I made a bill that read:
    1) Imprison everybody named Bill, forever.
    2) Cats are awesome.

Then the president would have to veto that cats are awesome when he vetoes that everyone named Bill should be thrown in prison?

If so that is RETARDED. Everyone would throw an objectively good thing on the same bill as their controversial opinion, and you would never ever get anywhere in politics.

The converse is letting the house vote on contested legislation and agreeing to a number of compromises and allowing the president to go "FUCK YOU, VETO'D" for everything that he isn't in love with.

Line item veto is great when your guy is president and literally the worst thing that has ever happened ever including the holocaust when some other guy is in there.

"OMG! I can't believe the republicans are working with us and we've actually passed a bill for Universal Single Payer Health Care, and all we had to give them capital gains tax cuts that expire next year!

President Chucklefuck receives the Universal Single Payer Health Care Act of 2012

President Uses Line item Veto
    It's Super Effective

we've actually passed a bill for Universal Single Payer Health Care, and all we had to give them capital gains tax cuts that expire next year

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i don't think reading is inherently more rewarding or valuable as an act than playing video games

i think the argument could be made - video games have been shown to promote critical thought, problem-solving, math, spatial awareness, etc, while books clearly promote linguistic skills like comprehension, spelling, vocabulary, etc. along with exercise of imagination

and i think that someone saying "i really have to finish Twilight this week!" is not really laudable, nor is "I'm going to watch all the Harry Potter movies this weekend"

but i also think that video games, as a young medium that was born from and exists almost entirely within a non-intellectual, corporate framework, has many less instances of intellectually or culturally valuable content than film, literature, or other media; i don't think that it's at all evident that they are inherently less valuable in those ways

someone saying "I want to play [games x, y and z] because I want to understand their meaning for the medium" or whatever is totally laudable, but most people are not saying that

they are saying that they are fulfilling the obligation/compulsion to consume, and finding satisfaction therein

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    Honk wrote:
    Everyone would throw an objectively good thing on the same bill as their controversial opinion, and you would never ever get anywhere in politics.

Yes! Exactly! This is exactly what happens in the US every single year when Congress is passing a budget.

That must be great!!!! :O

It's one of the big reasons our defense budget is so goddamn bloated.

A Congressperson can score cheap points with his or her constituency by adding some requisition for military shit to be built in his home state. If that rider only ends up in the House version of the bill and not the Senate, then it goes up to a Congressional committee where they negotiate using some dark sacrificial magic which of such riders remain in the bill sent up to the President and which do not.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    The SWEATER thing is silly and needlessly obfuscating as far as I'm concerned. ToR is a nice quick acronym that pretty much everyone gets at this point, like WoW.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Apparently if you type /getdown in battle, it will keep interrupting the enemy targetting you. I've only tested it on "boss" type enemies like this guy and an NPC sniper in the nearby area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vun5geNHA5M

tyrannus on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

Two slices of bread, one slice of cheese and one slice of turkey is not a sandwich, it is a suicide note.

While a love good bread on a sandwich, if there is more bread than fillings, it's more pie than sandwich.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    tyrannus wrote:

Dude. The level of polish on the stories is just amazing.

thatassemblyguy on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote:

Yea 1 raid 1 half raid that is getting finished later this month.

and they have 3 difficulties

• Options

Have you considered advertising your gravy on the propaganda train? We're very good at it.

I will consider this if I need someone to deceive, inveigle, and obfuscate vis-a-vis gravy and its vehicular rail transport.

• Options
    Let's hope that first contact is with a really hostile alien race, that also look ugly enough to not invoke sympathy.

You'll finally get to use all that military infrastructure.

• Options
    Oh MMO combat 8->

• Options
    Honk wrote:
    Let's hope that first contact is with a really hostile alien race, that also look ugly enough to not invoke sympathy.

Turians?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I have warm radiators and a toilet that works. I didn't have either of these things this morning. Winning!

• Options
    tyrannus wrote:
    Apparently if you type /getdown in battle, it will keep interrupting the enemy targetting you. I've only tested it on "boss" type enemies like this guy and an NPC sniper in the nearby area.

People are being banned for using that so beware

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote:
    feral

it seems really silly

More that you're going to sell it.

yeah but i mean

couldn't i do that at any point?

i still can't possibly get any more than 60 pills between the dates of march 1st and april 30th

• Options
    tyrannus wrote:

Careful with that dude.

That seems like a very probable ban should they notice it.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:

While a love good bread on a sandwich, if there is more bread than fillings, it's more pie than sandwich.

Man, what kind of pies have you been eating?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Organichu wrote:
    feral

it seems really silly

Well, as you discovered, it's X days from when you filled the last prescription, not from the date on the slip.

That said, I'm surprised that it's 30. Usually there's a little leeway if you want to refill your prescription a few days early. I think the standard in California is 25 days, IIRC.

As for why they do this, it's because Adderall is a Schedule II drug, which means it has a high propensity for abuse and a high risk of addiction. As matt said, they don't want you to sell it. They also don't want you to get into a cycle where you're taking it a little faster than you're supposed to and filling it on shorter and shorter intervals.

• Options
    They are banning people for a silly glitch they left in? Hopefully just temp banning people. They should really just hotfix it though.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    dancing to draw aggro should be a game mechanic

our fucking tank needs to party harder, we've getting fucking spanked here

• Options
    Honk wrote:

Well, maybe it was.

Maybe that's why we haven't heard anything about it.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:

Man, what kind of pies have you been eating?

steakandkidney.jpg

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote:

Unfortunately, anything advanced enough to find and reach us, unless their method of conflict resolution differs amazingly from ours, is not going to be threatened by our weapons.

Like, they'd have to land and then start making outrageous demands and punching people or something.

This discussion has been closed.