As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tell my wife I said, "[chat]."

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    dancing to draw aggro should be a game mechanic

our fucking tank needs to party harder, we've getting fucking spanked here

Tanking replaced by a DDR style minigame, game comes with dance pad, a fit, lean generation of nerds emerges as a result.

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote:
    Apparently if you type /getdown in battle, it will keep interrupting the enemy targetting you. I've only tested it on "boss" type enemies like this guy and an NPC sniper in the nearby area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vun5geNHA5M

People are being banned for using that so beware

I'm sorry but is that an unnaturally dull and bland planet or do they all look like that?

Cause that looks like fucking shit.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    sweater is fun but im not really playing it as an mmo like at all

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote:

If I could, as a bear druid, get up on my hind legs in bear form and pelvic thrust as a taunt, I would start playing WoW again.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote:
    @Taranon is my kinda dude...

: O

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    They are banning people for a silly glitch they left in? Hopefully just temp banning people. They should really just hotfix it though.

Nope they are perma banning

HnKp7.jpg

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    stop calling it sweater

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    feral

you know about drug stuff

help me understand the reasoning for this

let's say my doctor gives me a script for 30 adderall on march 1st

but i fill it on march 3rd because i was jerking my dicks or whatever

then let's say my doctor gives me a script for 30 adderall on april 1st

but i fill it on april 2nd

they won't let me fill it on april 2nd, saying i have to have at least 30 days between filling it

that doesn't make sense to me- it's thirty days since i COULD have filled it, right?

like, i still have the same supply for the same period

is the concern that i'm going to OD, or something?

it seems really silly

More that you're going to sell it.

yeah but i mean

couldn't i do that at any point?

i still can't possibly get any more than 60 pills between the dates of march 1st and april 30th

True, but it releases them from liability in this case. They've only supplied you with the prescribed amount for the prescribed time.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    Fuck people who make skimpy sandwiches.

Two slices of bread, one slice of cheese and one slice of turkey is not a sandwich, it is a suicide note.

While a love good bread on a sandwich, if there is more bread than fillings, it's more pie than sandwich.

Man, what kind of pies have you been eating?

It's more of a 1/8th a loaf of bread.

A sandwhich with a slice of turkey is worth half a dollar, tops.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    What if we first contact-ed them, then?

I want more fiction where humans are the evil aliens. Avatar does not count, that was silly.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:

Oh man

Lifetime subscription

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    oh my god, dance zones?

that's hilarious

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I like how they've given like excessive warnings with that shit and people are getting banned, and then places like reddit are getting all up in arms about people getting banned for something you can do in the game. It's like, what the fuck retards you were told not to do it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    "Special Dance Zones"

Yeah, any interest I had is gone.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote:
    stop calling it sweater

no

• Options
    STOP

JEDI TIME

• Options
    Wow. That is something alright Roar.

If dancing isn't currently permitted outside of special dance zones why the hell can people even have something happen if they use the dance emote outside of those zones?

This is like some apple of knowledge crap.

• Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    TL,DR wrote:
    Honk wrote:
    Let's hope that first contact is with a really hostile alien race, that also look ugly enough to not invoke sympathy.

You'll finally get to use all that military infrastructure.

Unfortunately, anything advanced enough to find and reach us, unless their method of conflict resolution differs amazingly from ours, is not going to be threatened by our weapons.

Like, they'd have to land and then start making outrageous demands and punching people or something.

There's no reason to assume that whatever is effective at defending against the occasional asteroid collision and whatever weapons they are used to is also effective at defending against man-made weapons. There's no telling what kinds of compounds an extraterrestrial spacecraft might be made from, or what kinds of methods of warfare they might engage in.

Like their weapons could be so more advanced or just radically different than ours that they might be completely defenseless against armor penetrating guided missiles, for instance.

Depending on what kind of atmosphere they and their technology were developed in, ballistic projectiles might not even be a thing in their mindset.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    They are banning people for a silly glitch they left in? Hopefully just temp banning people. They should really just hotfix it though.

HnKp7.jpg

Okay. What gets to me is the term dance zones. Just fucking say that we shouldn't dance in combat - that fixes their problem. Having dance zones is fucking retarded. IT'S AN EMOTE!

That makes me hate them just a little bit.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    The SWEATER thing is silly and needlessly obfuscating as far as I'm concerned. ToR is a nice quick acronym that pretty much everyone gets at this point, like WoW.

it was an autocomplete screwup

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ToR really should have been a single player release with online co-op, but, I guess those games don't get monthly subs.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote:
    stop calling it sweater

no
    I'm going to get SiG to convince you otherwise

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    "Dancing is not permitted except in special 'Dance Zones'"

FUCK THAT

TOPPLE ALL SYSTEMS OF GOVERNMENT

#OCCUPY THE DANCE FLOOR

RAVE TILL DAWN

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Honk wrote:
    What if we first contact-ed them, then?

I want more fiction where humans are the evil aliens. Avatar does not count, that was silly.

Ignoring the "evil" aspect, Advent Rising's history (well, mythology) has Humans being the one to uplift much of the galaxy.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Elldren wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    The SWEATER thing is silly and needlessly obfuscating as far as I'm concerned. ToR is a nice quick acronym that pretty much everyone gets at this point, like WoW.

it was an autocomplete screwup

Even worse. I refuse to have another weeaboo on our hands.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Podly wrote:
    Podly wrote:
    Fuck people who make skimpy sandwiches.

Two slices of bread, one slice of cheese and one slice of turkey is not a sandwich, it is a suicide note.

While a love good bread on a sandwich, if there is more bread than fillings, it's more pie than sandwich.

Man, what kind of pies have you been eating?

steakandkidney.jpg

I was going to reply but first I need to finish vomiting

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    ToR really should have been a single player release with online co-op, but, I guess those games don't get monthly subs.

what does it lose by being all online?

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:

Pretty much

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I love steak and kidney pie!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Barring magic shields - kinetic energy is pretty fucking hard core.

I think we could still murder us some advanced aliens. Bring it on.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    'nichu you might also just be running into a pharmacist's policy. I know the law is much stricter with narcotics (adderall, oxycontin, etc), but from working in pharmacies I know that the pharmacist has a lot of leeway in general as far as whether they want to accept or dispense a given script.

• Options
    Variable wrote:

15$ monthly fee

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:

HnKp7.jpg
    That is clearly a joke.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    TL,DR wrote:
    Honk wrote:
    Let's hope that first contact is with a really hostile alien race, that also look ugly enough to not invoke sympathy.

You'll finally get to use all that military infrastructure.

Unfortunately, anything advanced enough to find and reach us, unless their method of conflict resolution differs amazingly from ours, is not going to be threatened by our weapons.

Like, they'd have to land and then start making outrageous demands and punching people or something.

There's no reason to assume that whatever is effective at defending against the occasional asteroid collision and whatever weapons they are used to is also effective at defending against man-made weapons. There's no telling what kinds of compounds an extraterrestrial spacecraft might be made from, or what kinds of methods of warfare they might engage in.

Like their weapons could be so more advanced or just radically different than ours that they might be completely defenseless against armor penetrating guided missiles, for instance.

Depending on what kind of atmosphere they and their technology were developed in, ballistic projectiles might not even be a thing in their mindset.
    what if they lack resistance to our terrible diseases, or are extremely vulnerable to one of the most common substances on the planet

• Options
    Variable wrote:

15$ monthly fee

oh. well I'm guessing that $ was probably a part of their financial plan so you wouldn't have gotten nearly what you got.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Bioware needs to fix this situation immediately before they've got a full-blown Footloose on their hands.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Honk wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

HnKp7.jpg

Okay. What gets to me is the term dance zones. Just fucking say that we shouldn't dance in combat - that fixes their problem. Having dance zones is fucking retarded. IT'S AN EMOTE!

What gets me is the /getdown command.

They need to implement a /hammertime counter move.

The /breakdance berserker attack.

And a /moonwalk escape from combat.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Variable wrote:

By being an MMO? Having to deal with players that aren't my friends who I really don't care about. $15 monthly fee. Terrible MMO combat. (I guess they could have put terrible MMO combat into a single player game but somehow I think people would call it out on being terrible MMO combat if it was a single player game, but won't call it out in an MMO because it is par for the course.)

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Honk wrote:

"Special Dance Zones"

Yeah, any interest I had is gone.
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Wow. That is something alright Roar.

If dancing isn't currently permitted outside of special dance zones why the hell can people even have something happen if they use the dance emote outside of those zones?

This is like some apple of knowledge crap.
    Did you guys know that "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to the day when electronic prescriptions are the standard in the UK.

They're SO convenient in Sweden.

like when my doctor called yesterday and was all "yeah you're culture's back so I'm going to prescribe you some antibiotics" "okay cool"

then I could go directly the pharmacy - show my ID and boom medicines.

This discussion has been closed.