As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

now that that's over, what are you looking forward to in 2012?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Meiz wrote:
    Janson wrote:
    Yes, I'd definitely recommend living in at least two countries to anyone!

I like my country. It's not that broken.

dang way to miss the point

AMERICA IS THE BEST

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Melding wrote:
    i would be down for moving to Australia, however, i refuse to say ute out loud.

it's a pretty good idea, i'd say.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Meiz wrote:
    Janson wrote:

AMERICA IS THE BEST

cryingeagleflag640.jpg

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    In a country as big as America, even living in a different region is a great experience.

Hey nerds, not sure if you want to do college or grad school yet? Fucking PM me. My AmeriCorps experiences were some of the best of my life and I'd be happy to tell you all about them and get you started with an application!
    grad school changed my life for the better

i don't think it was the only thing that would have done though
    Oh, no doubt.

But sometimes it is not the right time, y'know? If you feel a lot of trepidation about it, to the point where it might impact your chances? Take a year off! Go build houses in the bayou! Screw in lightbulbs under the supervision of a swedish rockstar accordion player! dig horse trail in the mountains outside of vegas!

My friend did AmeriCorps and had some bad experiences with terrible people being in charge.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    In a country as big as America, even living in a different region is a great experience.

Hey nerds, not sure if you want to do college or grad school yet? Fucking PM me. My AmeriCorps experiences were some of the best of my life and I'd be happy to tell you all about them and get you started with an application!

Oh, no doubt.

But sometimes it is not the right time, y'know? If you feel a lot of trepidation about it, to the point where it might impact your chances? Take a year off! Go build houses in the bayou! Screw in lightbulbs under the supervision of a swedish rockstar accordion player! dig horse trail in the mountains outside of vegas!
    oh definitely

thought i'd weigh in though

Fsho. Just preachin' the benefits of expanding one's horizons through awesome volunteer work on the government's dime.

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Melding wrote:

well I can say with good authority that you would not be welcome here in that case

<3

Hey that's a neat cartruck.

Ya mean a ute?

No. I mean nothing of the sort.

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    neville wrote:
    My goals:

Make midlevel engineer (it'll be a year ahead of schedule if so! woot)
    Make some decent progress on side project
    Lose some weight

And I know this isn't the resolutions thread.
    HOWEVER, I am looking forward to doing these. :3

all quite probable

Yeah, I think so!
    And the first one will definitely make the second easier via fundage.

It will also enable me to start saving seriously for NevHouse.
    And oh the parties it shall have...

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Pharezon wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    Hullis wrote:

Oh, no doubt.

My friend did AmeriCorps and had some bad experiences with terrible people being in charge.

That can happen in some programs. Never ran into it in NCCC, thankfully.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, Henderson is a nice area. It's right near Fremantle, which is a really nice area to live. It's become pretty trendy over the last 5-10 years. If you like sitting out in the sunshine, drinking a good cup of coffee/beer/wine and eating delicious seafood it's the place for you.

I obviously can't make any kind of promises, but I'll definitely ask him about jobs that are going. My friend's a yank too, originally from Portland but he's been over here for about 4 years or so. You should PM some more detailed info about your skills, but naval architect/project engineer is a pretty darn good foundation @Usagi

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    Hullis wrote:

Oh, no doubt.

Where's this?

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    neville wrote:
    neville wrote:
    My goals:

Lose some weight

all quite probable

Yeah, I think so!

by that time i may be able to pitch in via umbrella corporation

we'll see how this next few months go

• Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I would like to add another point to the "move to another part of the same country" idea.

I am specifically talking to Americans, here.

America is the third largest nation in the world for population; following only China and India. We have 300 million people, scattered over a rather large area, with many different expectations and cultures.

There is a place in America where people will like you for who you are. Find it, live it. Don't get bummed out because you live in a shitty place and can't afford to move to Holland or something. Move a town over. A state over. A continental divide over. Crawl before you walk.

Edit: to change billion to million because I am dumb.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    More immediate goal: Make a baby registry (I'm being nagged nnnnngh) and get the room ready!

On the one hand, setting everything up and having new furniture'll be so fun!

On the other, ugh, there's like a hundred different kinds of everything, such a headache to sift through

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Tef, you are a prince

I will get on that in the am!

• Options
    Pharezon wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    Hullis wrote:

Oh, no doubt.

Where's this?

The National Civilian Community Corps differs from most Americorps programs in that it is shorter (10 months instead of 12), and you travel to multiple locations in a team of 9-13.

• Options
    Janson, Moriveth, I want to tell you both something.

If your kid ever fails a spelling test because they put a U in color, or armor, or other such words, please tell me.

Tell me so I can personally call your child's teacher and berate them for being stupid.

Seriously, I mean it.

The words look cooler with the U's.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Alex are you coming out tonight?

• Options
    I would like to add another point to the "move to another part of the same country" idea.

America is the third largest nation in the world for population; following only China and India. We have 300 billion people, scattered over a rather large area, with many different expectations and cultures.

There is a place in America where people will like you for who you are. Find it, live it. Don't get bummed out because you live in a shitty place and can't afford to move to Holland or something. Move a town over. A state over. A continental divide over. Crawl before you walk.

Don't listen to him! Volyu just wants all the jobs for himself!

No I do know what you're laying down. I was saying something similar to Dave when he was planning the Canada trip. Usually a huge geographical change means nothing if you're not changing mentally too. That said, sometimes that change of environment can be the catalyst for that internal change

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    While I have personal goals I have realized 2012 is not setting up to be a fun year for me at all! It is probably gonna be a tough year actually. Hmm.

• Options
    Blake T wrote:

After my theatrics in the other thread, I realised that I did actually get invited a while ago and I said I had other plans. I'm a turkey and I'm going to have to go an make an appearance with these people. Let me know where you guys end up and maybe I can come and have a beer

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    neville wrote:
    neville wrote:
    My goals:

Lose some weight

all quite probable

Yeah, I think so!

by that time i may be able to pitch in via umbrella corporation

we'll see how this next few months go

Zombies were only a byproduct! It was all so innocent at first!

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    While I have personal goals I have realized 2012 is not setting up to be a fun year for me at all! It is probably gonna be a tough year actually. Hmm.

same! but i'm a lot more confident this time around. you should be too, you've accomplished a lot in the past year :D

• Options
    Tef wrote:

America is the third largest nation in the world for population; following only China and India. We have 300 billion people, scattered over a rather large area, with many different expectations and cultures.

Don't listen to him! Volyu just wants all the jobs for himself!

No I do know what you're laying down. I was saying something similar to Dave when he was planning the Canada trip. Usually a huge geographical change means nothing if you're not changing mentally too. That said, sometimes that change of environment can be the catalyst for that internal change

The US grew from 300 million to 300 billion?
    Man. The world only used to have 8 billion.

Eat it, China and India.
    EAT IT.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Meiz wrote:
    Janson wrote:

What? I'm just comfortable in my neck of the woods. I've got a nice job in the private sector, the political climate isn't what I'd like it to be but it's not teetering on batshit insania either.

Yes moving can change you but I've lived through enough to realize that the one thing that you can't get away from when you move is yourself, just the things and people who are preventing you from seeing this. I did the finding yourself thing earlier on for different reasons.

Some people do things differently and that's cool. I took a different path and it's going well for me now.

• Options
    i am looking forward to buying a ukelele and learning covers

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular

same! but i'm a lot more confident this time around. you should be too, you've accomplished a lot in the past year :D

I took laying about on my lazy ass to a whole new level

and took bullshitting to a whole new level. I did know I was quite so capable of that. Not upset at all. I am sure it is a very important lifeskill that others are sorely deficient it.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • Options

I request Bieber's "Baby"
    :3
    hahahahha

(although I actually have heard a pretty spectacularly great cover of it)

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    one less thing to look forward to in 2012

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    What i'm looking forward to in 2012?

Being debt free for the first time in 4 years.
    Moving again and regaining my sanity.
    Getting swole.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Melding wrote:
    Melding wrote:

well I can say with good authority that you would not be welcome here in that case

<3

Ya mean a ute?

How do you feel about an excessive use of the c-word?

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Nothing will ever be better than the ukranian folk cover of hot and cold by katy perry

• Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular

I was listening to Q radio and they had a musician on talking about how at the age of 57, he decided to take up boxing to prolong his life through physical fitness as he was starting to see the signs in himself and others. The odd side effect is that it actually improved his performance as a musician and he went on about it in great detail. It was a rather interesting interview.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Tef wrote:
    Blake T wrote:

After my theatrics in the other thread, I realised that I did actually get invited a while ago and I said I had other plans. I'm a turkey and I'm going to have to go an make an appearance with these people. Let me know where you guys end up and maybe I can come and have a beer

Well you have done your new year's resolution of DISAPPOINTING BLAKE NOW.

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    gonna be bummed out

2012 for worst year

• Options
    True story, I misspelled my name, writing that post, embaressing.

• Options
    Meiz wrote:

I was listening to Q radio and they had a musician on talking about how at the age of 57, he decided to take up boxing to prolong his life through physical fitness as he was starting to see the signs in himself and others. The odd side effect is that it actually improved his performance as a musician and he went on about it in great detail. It was a rather interesting interview.

huh! i have no idea what that is - would that be available online anywhere?

• Options
    Tef wrote: »
    Melding wrote:
    Melding wrote:

<3

Ya mean a ute?

How do you feel about an excessive use of the c-word?

Indifferent.

• Options
    Swill wrote:
    gonna be bummed out

2012 for worst year

hold on a hot minute

brandon

i am willing happiness your way

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Moving into a clinic this year, gonna get a lot of therapy done. Looking forward to it.

Hope it helps to make me feel good about shit again and helps me find out what the hell I want to do with my life.

Also looking forward to writing more.

Dux on