As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

now that that's over, what are you looking forward to in 2012?

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Getting healthy?

I went to a new doctor today and was told that me being really competitive and driven actually works to make me sicker. Ha.
    tell that to dan!
    It's specifically with regards to Crohn's though.

EDIT: Basically my personality makes inflammation worse.

I doubt your doctor was the first person to tell you that your personality is a pain in the ass

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Hopefully a new job or a new position within 3 months. Followed by hopefully spending at least 2-3 months overseas in asia somewhere. The exciting part is I dont really know where.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Getting healthy?

I went to a new doctor today and was told that me being really competitive and driven actually works to make me sicker. Ha.
    tell that to dan!
    It's specifically with regards to Crohn's though.

EDIT: Basically my personality makes inflammation worse.

I doubt your doctor was the first person to tell you that your personality is a pain in the ass

got damn

• FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    crwth wrote:
    Faynor wrote:
    crwth wrote:
    Faynor wrote:
    Putting the puzzle pieces of who I once was and who I want to be together into one big picture

Moving out of this forsaken state, finally

~true love~

The Great Gatsby movie. 8->

you forgot licking a butthole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xnZ6g14WwY

i'm just trying to broaden your horizons, jackie boy

I WILL NEVER DO IT

never ever ever ever

when with my age my body is spent, against my will I must relent

and I will never have licked a butthole

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Being a dual UK/Aus citizen is great. Easier access through the EU (not that it's very hard to begin with really) is a real winner. Being able to go through the short line at Gatwick/Heathrow makes that passport worth twice it's weight in gold

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I am very confident that 2012 is going to be a good year.

I'm giving my life here in Brisbane about a month to 6 weeks to convince me to stay, and believe me I'm going to be working hard to let it

but if it doesn't, I'm gonna get my shit in order and move to Vancouver for a year.

I actually feel great about it! it's given me a real goal and deadlines and things to work on and a clear direction.

oh god that heathrow line

I always looked at everyone passing through the express lane so jealously

#pipe wrote:

I'm giving my life here in Brisbane about a month to 6 weeks to convince me to stay, and believe me I'm going to be working hard to let it

but if it doesn't, I'm gonna get my shit in order and move to Vancouver for a year.

I actually feel great about it! it's given me a real goal and deadlines and things to work on and a clear direction.

Why only a year, out of curiosity?

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Oh hey that's a thing I maybe would do this year

Propose

That is a scary word

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:
    why would they make a movie out of a book the whole appeal of which lies in the style of the writing

And if you're doing that why would you adapt Gatsby GET IT

forumer opinion on buttlord: terrible

Sorry bro I hate Gatsby almost as much as I hate Catcher in the Rye

fuck catcher in the rye

the great gatsby is beautiful but also a bit of a wank

i imagine it will make a shitty movie if only because baz fucking luhrmann is involved

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Faynor wrote:
    I WILL NEVER DO IT

never ever ever ever

when with my age my body is spent, against my will I must relent

and I will never have licked a butthole

It's really not that big a deal. If you give enough oral sex you're bound to do it by accident.

it's really not that much dirtier than the genitals.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I am looking forward to a new semester here at college

going to make strides towards learning a new language (german)

also I want to read as many good books as is physically possible

Buttlord wrote:

Propose

That is a scary word

for some reason i was under the impression that you were like 18

I'm looking forward to a Minnesota sports team winning a ch-hahahahahahahahaha

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Tef wrote:
    Being a dual UK/Aus citizen is great. Easier access through the EU (not that it's very hard to begin with really) is a real winner. Being able to go through the short line at Gatwick/Heathrow makes that passport worth twice it's weight in gold
    Haha, this is the main benefit I am looking forward to!

Well, not for me, because a) my greencard is as good and quick as a US passport for entry purposes, and b) the US government does a fine job of grilling its own citizens anyway (whereas last time I went to the UK I didn't actually speak to anyone - it was 5 seconds of passing through an automated gate! But I am looking forward to dual citizenship for my daughter, as it'll be so easy to take her through the UK.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

Propose

That is a scary word

b-buttlord san!

that's okay...

...I...I don't care...

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    Buttlord wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:
    why would they make a movie out of a book the whole appeal of which lies in the style of the writing

And if you're doing that why would you adapt Gatsby GET IT

forumer opinion on buttlord: terrible

Sorry bro I hate Gatsby almost as much as I hate Catcher in the Rye

fuck catcher in the rye

the great gatsby is beautiful but also a bit of a wank

i imagine it will make a shitty movie if only because baz fucking luhrmann is involved

Yeah that's a good way to describe Gatsby I guess

It just felt like Fitzgerald was jerking himself off while he wrote it

There's some really great parts and the end is one of like four quotes from books I ever remember off the top of my head but man

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Dual-citizenship, aka Plan B.

Faynor wrote:
    #pipe wrote:

Why only a year, out of curiosity?

Because it's not a huge life change, I still want to officially live in the same city as my family and I could not fathom leaving for good to miss out on my nephews growing up.

If I enjoy it enough and get by on my own without much trouble, I might move to Melbourne or Sydney or something when I get back to Aus.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Another thing to look forward to: The fate of America's political climate. It doesn't matter who wins what, we all lose.

Buttlord wrote:

Propose

That is a scary word

for some reason i was under the impression that you were like 18

Twenty-one

Buttlady is twenty....four? Five? I can't remember, she's a couple years older than me.

#pipe wrote:

everyone needs to move out of brisbane eventually

i love it but it's not a city that will inspire you to go and achieve things with your life

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    mully wrote: »
    more art
    i did less art last year
    so it should be easier to make more art this year

i want to try finishing all the unfinished stuff on my pc
    but i bet that will never happen

yes well
    maybe your stomach should stop destroying you

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    I think the overarching theme of this thread is GTFO of Australia

Buttlord wrote:

There's some really great parts and the end is one of like four quotes from books I ever remember off the top of my head but man

self-indulgent is the word

there's a lot of that book he obviously thought was clever and couldn't bear to cut

dude should've murdered his darlings

also you're younger than me how the fuck are you thinking about marriage already

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote:

everyone needs to move out of brisbane eventually

i love it but it's not a city that will inspire you to go and achieve things with your life

to be fair that's less a city's job and more an individual's job

but to some extent being in a city that is populated with high-achievers, world-travelers and ambitious people can help, too

I just don't know that a city can be devoid of those kinds of people

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    The Great Gatsby could've just been the first few chapters and the last chapter and it would probably have been a lot better

Hey well Moriveth and I got engaged when he was 21 and I was 24

and married at 22 and 25

and look how that turned out

• ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    getting a new apartment! and like, maybe dating some. I dunno. that'd be swell.

and writing a lot.

Janson wrote:

and married at 22 and 25

This is basically me and Buttlady minus the actual engagement part or the marriage part but other than that it's exactly the same

I highly doubt I'll get married before 30

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I like my citizenship because even though it's not the most exotic country in the world, it perplexes the HELL out of people

Vivixenne wrote:

but to some extent being in a city that is populated with high-achievers, world-travelers and ambitious people can help, too

My home town

Well, it's a town by English definitions, but it has 120,000 inhabitants so it counts as a city elsewhere

it sucks the soul out of you, it really does. It is a black hole of dreams and ambitions

Some cities are just more alive

Buttlord wrote:

self-indulgent is the word

there's a lot of that book he obviously thought was clever and couldn't bear to cut

dude should've murdered his darlings

also you're younger than me how the fuck are you thinking about marriage already

Fuck if I know

I have hellish commitment issues

The fact that I'm thinking about doing it at all and not just blacking out from terror at the thought of the word is mindblowing

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I just recently (two days ago, actually) started taking walks at night. I've been wanting to be a bit more active and maybe even work out some and so while I can't run or jog I can walk and so I've been doing that. Only about 30 minute walks but that's quite a lot for someone who isn't used to it! I'm really enjoying it too, something about how quiet it is in this town at night and just having time to think is nice.

edit: damn Janson, that definition of town is quite a bit different than mine. I think we have about 3,000 people in my town.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:

and married at 22 and 25

matching icons!!

Janson wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:

My home town

Well, it's a town by English definitions, but it has 120,000 inhabitants so it counts as a city elsewhere

it sucks the soul out of you, it really does. It is a black hole of dreams and ambitions

Some cities are just more alive

that's fair enough

but calling Brisbane that would be a little weird

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    no but really i'm going to try and stop partying and wasting money during the semester. we'll see how that goes but i'm trying to take care of business for the next few months. there comes a time.

• ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I think I'll get a tattoo this year. Who wants their face on my lower back?

Buttlord wrote:
    Janson wrote:

and married at 22 and 25

This is basically me and Buttlady minus the actual engagement part or the marriage part but other than that it's exactly the same

Then the best of luck to you!

Also I agree that not many people are ready to marry that young

But I think @Moriveth will tell you himself that he is not the most ambitious person, and has never had any real desire to date or travel or experience some of the things most other young people wish to experience

His dad is the same way, and he and Mori's mother have been married over 25 years now, and are a perfect couple!