As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] prePAX Magical Mystery Tour 2012 (Wednesday 4/4 & Thursday 4/5) SCHEDULE POSTED

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in PAX Archive
Once upon a time ago in ye olde 2008, in the far away land of Seattle, VThornHeart started an adventure. It turned out to be a success and, though it has evolved and changed hands over the years, it has continued to happen at each successive PAX. And so we have The Magical Mystery Tour!

You can get twitter updates by following @PAX_MMT

Schedule: (prices listed where applicable, closest T stop listed for each location)
Wednesday, April 4:
08:30a meetup @ Boston Common (corner of Tremont St & Park St) (Park Street)
09:30a travel time
10:00a Harvard Museum of Natural History $9 (Harvard Square)
11:00a Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology (Harvard Square) (we'll be walking)
12:00p travel time
12:30p lunch - Sunset Grill and Tap (Harvard Ave)
02:00p travel time
02:30p New England Aquarium $22.95 (Aquarium)
03:30p travel time
04:00p Harpoon Brewery (World Trade Center)
05:00p dinner break
06:30p Skywalk Observatory $13 (Hynes Convention Center )
07:45p travel time
08:30p BU Astronomy night (weather permitting) (BU Central)

Thursday, April 5:
08:30a meetup @ Boston Common (corner of Tremont St and Park St) (Park Street)
09:00a travel time
10:00a Sam Adams Brewery (Stony Brook)
11:00a travel time
12:00p Freedom Trail $12 (Park Street)
01:30p lunch - Fried Food Extravanganza (State Street, we'll be walking since the Freedom Trail ends here)
02:30p Mike's Pastry (Haymarket, we'll be walking)
03:30p travel time
04:00p Museum of Science $21 (Science Park)

We'll be using the T (subway) to get around. You can by a pass for $15 that will get you unlimited rides for a week. When we leave the morning meetups, I'll be making sure everyone has a pass.

What To Bring?
A list of suggestions:
Cash Monies - This is a necessity this year! Be prepared to pay cash for lunch on Wednesday (to help splitting up bills and to make our waiter's life easier) and the Freedom Trail on Thursday. Also bring small bills for tips and donations.
Good Shoes - You want shoes that are preferably comfortable and have good tread. We will be walking up and down stairs to the subway, between the T stations and our destinations, and around various sites (museums, Harvard campus, etc).
Outerwear and Layers - It's springtime, so don't be surprised if we see rain/sleet/other water-based things falling from the sky. You can also expect cool or cold mornings, though it could warm up during the days. Layers are your friend.
Phone - You know, in case you get lost. Or hurt. Or you miss your best friend and need to hear his voice.
Charlie Card/Weekly Pass - We'll be riding the subway A LOT. It will save you some money if have either a standard Charlie Card ($1.70 per ride instead of $2) or a weekly pass ($15, unlimited rides for a week). Both are available at subway stations. (More info here: http://mbta.com/fares_and_passes/subway/) At the morning meetings, I'll be helping everyone acquire one if they haven't already.
My Phone # - Did you get my PM? Write down my number, put it in your phone, or somehow make sure you have it.
Water and Snacks - Our time is tightly budgeted. While lunch is worked into the schedule everyday, there won't be time to stop at convenience stores/coffee shops/what-have-you. If you think you may want a snack or drink, bring it with you.
A Bag - Bags are handy for carrying stuff. Whether you need a place to stash your snacks, store your extra layers when you get warm, cart around your favorite game, or carry souvenirs and toys you buy, a bag is a good idea.
Cards - Did you make trading cards for PAX? This is a good time to get in some early trading of said cards. If you didn't make trading cards, you can still bring business cards or some other sort of info cards to give out to those cool new people you just met.
Schedule - It could be handy to have a copy with you. The MMT trading cards have an abbreviated version of the schedule on the back, so if you show up to the morning meeting (either day), you'll have that one.
Boston City Pass - Buying this could save you a little money if you are with us both days. You can order one online (http://www.citypass.com/boston ) or at our first stop included in the pass
Pens and Other Small Items - General things that can come in handy: pens, paper clips, bobby pins, floss, duct tape. Stuff can go wrong. And you can play MacGuyver and fix it.
A Good Attitude - We're spending a day or 2 together. Play nice: Don't complain about things I can't fix (the walk/weather/late train). Don't start fights. Don't feed the animals. Don't be a dick.

Attendees: 57
Aioua
BIGmog
B0ndZ
browncoatbeth
bushnrvn
cabsy
chaosisorder
Cloudwalker +1
cpdavngr
Cynni87
Decius
Durinthal
Emod
Faern
gigabrain
jdixon1972
Jeff7
Juicepockets
Kevralyn
Khadour +1
Lady Lilybell
LedaXI +1
Littlebutton88
LTAcosta
MagnusCarter
marmaduketwist
metaversenomad?
MrSloth +1
mruth
peetsnack
PuddingSenator +3
Reverend Snide
Sausage +1
septagon
Snipethewolf
squeakyboy
The_Doctor1
the_stamy
tr0tsky
TurnedtoGold +1
vthornheart
Wheels35
willowtastic +2
Wormdundee
zerzhul +1

HI3789R.png
punzie on

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Current progress: Waiting game until Wednesday, April 4th.

Old Info
    Potential Destinations:
    Items in bold are places we went last year.
    Prices listed are per each adult. Discounts are often given for children, seniors, students, and sometimes military.
    Any notes about reservations are for my benefit.
    Go to http://mmt.vthornheart.railsplayground.net/, sign up with your forum name and vote on where you do and don't want to go.
    Boston Symphony Orchestra
    What it is: 1-1.5 hour guided tour of Symphony Hall.
    Price: $7
    Hours: Wed, 4pm
    Additional Info: A reservation for a group tour will need to be made in advance.
    Commonwealth Museum
    What it is: A museum specializing on Massachusetts history.
    Price: Free! (I'm suspect donations are encouraged.)
    Hours: 9am - 5pm
    F1 Boston
    What it is: Kart Racing (no blue shells)
    Price: $10 for an F1 license and $28 to actually drive on the (cheaper) track
    Hours: 9am - 11pm
    Additional Notes: It's a bit out of the way since it's in Braintree and using public transit will take us about an hour to get there by bus. Must be 18+ with valid driver's license. There are also a bunch of other rules you might want to read.
    Fenway Park
    What it is: The Green Monstah! 50 minute tour of Red Sox home field (I don't know sports, so if my terminology is wrong, write a post to call me out on it and flog me).
    Price: $12
    Hours: 10am - 2pm at each hour (maybe longer, as it will only tell me the winter hours now)
    Franklin Zoo
    What it is: A zoo. Look at the animals.
    Price: $16
    Hours: 10am-5pm
    Additional Notes: Animal exhibits include Tropical Forrest, Giraffe Savannah, Kalahari Kingdom, Serengeti Crossing, Tiger Tales, Franklin Farm, and Outback Trail. Read more here.
    Freedom Trail
    What it is: A walking tour of historic Boston sites. Roughly 2.5 miles in 90 minutes
    Price: $12 for guided tour (plus admission to some sites)
    Hours: 12pm or 1:30pm (maybe more options as the summer season starts in April, but it won't show that schedule yet)
    Additional Notes: We can do a self-guided tour to avoid the $12 ticket price, but it's less fun.
    Spots on the Trail:
    Boston Common
    State House
    Park Street Church
    Granary Burying Ground
    King’s Chapel
    King’s Chapel Burying Ground
    Benjamin Franklin Statue/Boston Latin School (Oldest Public School)
    Old Corner Book Store
    Old South Meeting House ($6)
    Old State House ($7.50)
    Site of Boston Massacre
    Faneuil Hall
    Paul Revere House ($3.50)
    Old North Church
    Copp’s Hill Burying Ground
    Bunker Hill Monument
    USS Constitution
    Additional Notes: We can take the Boston Town Crier tour instead. It seems nearly identical, but shows more hours and costs $1 more.
    Gibson House Museum
    What it is: Museum of a late 1800's row house
    Price: $9 guided tour
    Hours: 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
    Additional Notes: Museum is 4 floors and has no elevator. Cash or check ONLY, no cards accepted! Group of 12+ needs an advance reservation.
    Harpoon Brewery
    What it is: Narrated tasting (proper brewery tours are only on weekends)
    Price: Free!
    Hours: 2pm and 4pm
    Additional Notes: Since it's a tasting, it may be only 21+. The website doesn't say.
    Harvard Museum of Natural History*
    What it is: Another Museum. Exhibits on dinosaurs, fossils, evolution, minerals, and the glass flowers.
    Price: $9 (includes admission to Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology)
    Institute of Contemporary Art
    What is it: An art museum. They claim even the architecture of the building is interesting and noteworthy.
    Price: $15
    Hours: Wed 10am - 5pm, Thu 10am - 9pm
    Isabella Sewart Gardner Museum
    What it is: Art in a 3 story “Venetian-style palace” with courtyard
    Hours: 11am - 5pm (open until 9pm on Thursday)
    Additional Notes: They just added a new wing. $2 discount if you visit here and the Museum of Fine Arts within 2 days. Bonus: the website says if your name is Isabella, you get in free :P
    JFK Presidential Library & Museum*
    What it is: Museum dedicated to JFK
    Mary Baker Eddy Library
    What it is: Library/museum centered around a female writer in the late 1800’s
    Price: $6 each
    Hours: 10am - 4pm
    Additional Notes: Home to the Mapparium! A 3 story painted glass globe. (Viewable only by tour. Tours are every 20 minutes, starting at 10:20am.)
    45-60 minute guided tours available, but only listed on the group rate page. I may have to reserve it (if we have a group of 15+).
    Mike's Pastry
    What it is: Delicious (and somewhat famous) pastry shop in the North End.
    Price: depends on what you buy
    Hours: 8am - 10:30pm
    Additional Notes: Take a look at some of the deliciousness they have to offer here.
    MIT
    What it is: Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Campus tours, public art collection, museum (with exhibits on robots, stop-motion photography, and other cool stuff), and more
    Price: many things are free. $8.50 for the museum
    Times: varies depending on what we do. Campus tours are 11am and 3pm. Museum hours are 10am - 5pm. Art tours must be scheduled in advance.
    Additional Notes: They periodically have some very cool-sounding events. Check out what will be happening when we're in town.
    Museum of African American History
    What it is: Abiel Smith School (first public school specifically for African American children), African Meeting House (the center of Boston's African American community in the 1800's), and an optional 1.6 mile walking tour
    Price: $5
    Hours: 10am - 4pm
    Museum of Fine Arts*
    What it is: Museum of Fine Arts. Can't say it any plainer than that.
    Price: $22
    Hours: 10am – 9:45 pm
    Additional Notes: Check the current and upcoming exhibits to see what will be showing while we're in town.
    Museum of Science*
    What it is: Science!
    Price: $21
    Hours: 9am – 5pm
    Additional Notes: The temporary exhibit when we'll be there is about Egypt
    New England Aquarium*
    What it is: An aquarium. Look at the otters, turtles, penguins, octopi, etc.
    Price: $22.95
    Hours: 9am – 5pm
    Additional Notes: They have an IMAX theater but we probably won't be there long enough to see anything (and it costs another $9.95).
    Sam Adams Brewery
    What it is: 1 hour brewery tour with samplings
    Price: Free! (suggested donation: $2)
    Hours: 10am – 3pm
    Additional Notes: All ages allowed, but if you want to sample the beers, you must be 21+ and have a valid ID. International people, have your passport with you!
    Skywalk Observatory*
    What it is: In the Prudential building, 50 stories up, 360 view of city. Audio tours availbale.
    Price: $13
    Hours: 10am – 10pm
    Website: www.prudentialcenter.com/shop/shop_detail.php?id=64
    Sports Museum (TD Bank Garden)
    What it is: a sports museum
    Price: $10
    Hours: 10am – 4pm
    Stone Zoo
    What it is: A zoo. Look at the animals.
    Price: $13
    Hours: 10am-5pm
    Additional Notes: Animal exhibits include Yukon Creek, Windows to the Wild (small birds, mammals, and primates), Treasures of the Sierra Madre, Barnyard, Himalayan Highlands, and the Gibbon exhibit. Read more here.
    *Boston City Pass
    You probably noticed the asterisks on some of those items. Those are things that are included in the Boston City Pass. The city pass costs $46 and will get you into 5 attractions in the city (Museum of Science, Museum of Fine Arts, New England Aquarium, Skywalk Observatory, and the JFK Library OR Harvard Museum of Natural History. (Yes, you have to choose between the last 2.) We'll probably go to 2 or 3 of those places, so the pass will likely be worth it.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    I attended parts of the second day of the tour last year, and Punzie did a totally bang-up job with it all. The Museum of Science was excellent (the entire tourgroup essentially disappeared before wealth of their individual interests), and we went to a bakery that offered delicious baked goods, coffee, and a great chance to talk to a few people, among other things.

I co-dependently visited Harvard and MIT during PAX, and would recommend Harvard for the tradition and wonderment, and MIT out of my personal kick for architecture. This building in particular.

Punzie, I think a survey link, like last year, might be a good idea to better help you gauge group interest.

A++ Would tour again. (Incidentally, I'm not going to PAX this year, but I wanted to offer my support and endorsement of an outstanding Pre-PAX event).

I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Punzie, I think a survey link, like last year, might be a good idea to better help you gauge group interest.

I think there will probably be a survey after some discussion is done. There may be things added to the list :)

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Wow! You did an amazing job putting that list together. My favs have to be the freedom trail, brewery tour and sky walk.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    These places do seem very magical. I've never been to Boston before and wish I could see them all... the freedom trail seems like a good Boston thing to do (and I like going for walkies), and so many of the museums have captured my interest! The natural science museum sounds really cool. And the skywalk observatory too!

Sorry this post is a bit hyperactive, lack of sleep, but those have captured my interest for sure and the list as a whole is fantastic. Thank you, Punzie!

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Sounds really cool. I'm coming in Thursday at noon, I was going to do the freedom trail on my own. But if its possible to join the group I'd love to do that!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    I missed the East MMT last time, much to my chagrin. Coming in a day earlier this year to get my tourist on. I walked around the Harvard and MIT campuses after PAX last year, but that was all of the area I got to see. I'm definitely interested in the Science and Natural History museums, and the aquarium. To be honest, I'll be happy just to see a bit more of the city this time.

Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    I will be there!!!! :D:D:D I am so excited, Punzie!! I'm not sure how much spending money I'll have yet, so I'm not sure which day(s) or what locations I'll be able to make it to, but I am sooooo excited!

I will be there!!!! :D:D:D I am so excited, Punzie!!

Ooo I'm going to have a previous MMT leader there judging me? Interesting.... >.>

Yay Nomad! It'll be good to hang out with you more :D

HI3789R.png
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    :D I shall be there for Thursday.

7B14287.png
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    I'll be there both days once again. Let me know if you need any help. Also the Sam Adams Brewery is a must, especially if we do it at 10AM like last year. Nothin' better than drinking in the morning :)

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Please jesus let us do sam adams at 10am on thursday.

7B14287.png
  • willowtasticwillowtastic NL, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Last year was my first PAX and we (my boyfriend, brother and I) arrived in Boston late Thursday night, so all the Pre-PAX stuff was out the window. This year, we're getting in on Monday, and I can't wait to do this! We're staying with family, so we might not be there for Wednesday, but for sure on Thursday. :)

I'll be arriving at 2pm. Is this too late to join the tour?

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:

Nope. You'll just only be able to go for whatever's after 2pm :) People come and go regularly as they like. Just try to keep the tour guide in the loop as to your comings and goings.

edited January 2012

On which day? If its Wednesday, you'll definitely be able to join us all day Thursday. :) If it's Thursday, you might cut it close.

Trying to meet up with the MMT the same afternoon will depend on a lot of things: What is our schedule? How are you arriving? What's traffic like (vehicle and foot)? Do you need to check into the hotel and how long will it take? Are you familiar with the public transit? It could very easily take 2-3 hours from when you land until you can get to wherever we are. That will be about the end of our main day.
    If you can make it, thats great! :D But If you miss us, never fear. There are other community events held in the evenings: Thursday has the dinner, pub crawl, and boardgame night( if the thread isn't up yet, it should be soonish). And it looks like there will be some Wednesday nights events too (there's a thread for a pig roast already).

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    I'll be arriving Thursday, by plane that lands at 2pm. I am not familiar with Boston's transit, but I am familiar with transits in general. Will there be a twitter feed or something that I can follow in real-time to know where to try and meet? I am going to the Dinner, and possibly the pub crawl as well.
    I was planning on doing most of the historical sites on my own anyway, so I thought it might be neat to tag along with the tour.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    edited January 2012
    Twitter: pax_mmt
    There's a link in the first post, so you don't even have to go to twitter and search for it. :P

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    peetsnack wrote:
    Please jesus let us do sam adams at 10am on thursday.

I may not be Jesus, but I think I can make this happen.

HI3789R.png
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    Count me in! I'm arriving Wednesday, not sure what time yet (but no earlier than 12:30).

I'm planning to arrive Wednesday morning. I think my wife and I will try to be there for most of the Thursday activities, not sure about Wednesday itself though.

I'm also throwing in some heavy support for Sam Adams at 10am on Thursday ;)

Sweet stuff. Thanks for the link.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    I spent some time double-checking listed hours and prices. All details for Boston Symphony Orchestra through MIT should be accurate now (minus the 2 that will only show me their winter hours). I have more work to do to update the rest of the list and add a couple spots, but that will have to wait until later.

HI3789R.png
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'm all for the Sam Adams tour since I will actually be 21 this PAX! We'll have to make sure we show up early though since we will all need to get tickets
    Please note we do not take reservations, tickets are handed out on a first arrival service.

Groups over 20 may call (617) 368-5256 to schedule a private tour. Private tours are available Monday-Thursday at 3:30 or 4:00.

AN9buWz.png
    edited January 2012
    That's one of the advantages of the 10am tour: there's almost no one there! We were a few minutes late last year but still made the tour. There were only 2 or 3 other people there. East's MMT has a much smaller crowd, so we might not even have 20 people. We only had 14 last year:
    2011-03-09-11h23m25.jpg

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    punzie wrote:
    I will be there!!!! :D:D:D I am so excited, Punzie!!
    Ooo I'm going to have a previous MMT leader there judging me? Interesting.... >.>

Yay Nomad! It'll be good to hang out with you more :D

Yes, and I am the harshest judge. Wait, no I'm not!!!!!!! :D But I am happy to offer you whatever assistance you might need, if you want it!

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    I plan to join the adventure just on Wednesday. There are places I have never been to in Boston and I'd love to meet some fellow Paxers.

F1 Boston (which I highly doubt will be chosen): your head will be slamming from right to left going around the track and it will hurt.
    If there was any interest in Braintree, Dave & Buster opened just about a month ago at the South Shore Plaza. (Taking the red line to Braintree then grab one of two buses to the mall)

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    My wife and I are arriving on Wednesday 9:40 AM, so we will probably participate in the MMT to some degree. I know she wants to have lunch with some of her co-workers from the Boston location of her company, but you can count on me being there for the Sam Adams tour on Thursday!

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I've never been to Boston, I'll have all of wednesday free, this seems like a grand way to spend my time! Though I vote for Sam Adams Tour Wednesday morning ;)
    Sadly, thurday will be spent with PAX setup.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    FYI for all of you "voting" now, there will be actual voting in February (on a site and everything!) which will include a place for you to put in what days you are attending so I can try to schedule things to best accommodate people's personal schedules.
    Also, if you look at the list of potential stops (second post), you'll notice there's also the Harpoon brewery. If enough people vote favorably, we can do one Wednesday and one Thursday.

HI3789R.png
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote:
    FYI for all of you "voting" now, there will be actual voting in February (on a site and everything!) which will include a place for you to put in what days you are attending so I can try to schedule things to best accommodate people's personal schedules.
    Also, if you look at the list of potential stops (second post), you'll notice there's also the Harpoon brewery. If enough people vote favorably, we can do one Wednesday and one Thursday.

What! Order? Reason? :P

Well just you wait until february. I'ma vote so hard at your website.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Cool, I'm going to be in boston a week before PAX so I will definitely be in for some or all of this.

• mooethmooeth Registered User regular
    I'm definitely in for the brewery tours and probably a bit more besides. I'm flying in on Tuesday so I'll have some time to kill.

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    I may well be in for parts of this, plus a friend in from out of town . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

punzie wrote:
    That's one of the advantages of the 10am tour: there's almost no one there! We were a few minutes late last year but still made the tour. There were only 2 or 3 other people there. East's MMT has a much smaller crowd, so we might not even have 20 people. We only had 14 last year:

No matter how many people show up, we are going to have a rad time. :D

7B14287.png
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I'll be there for portions of both Wednesday and Thursday

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    I finished updating the potential destinations. All the information should be accurate for each sight now.
    I also added a couple new spots: the Franklin and Stone Zoos, and Mike's Pastry. It looks like the 2 zoos have different animals on exhibit, so if you're interested in visiting a zoo, check them out to see which you prefer. We went to Mike's Pastry after lunch on Thursday last year and it was a big hit. I'd be surprised if you guys vote not to go there this year.

HI3789R.png
  • MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    I will probably tag along on thursday, so be sure to plan all the fun stuff that day =)

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Possibly in for this on Thursday... depends on what we end up doing. I'm going to say though that last year I went out to the Franklin Zoo with a friend of mine and on top of it taking sort of ages on the T it also wasn't a very good zoo in general. It might be different with a large group but I am hard pressed to say it was worth the amount of time it took us to get out there! Maybe I'm just spoiled, though.

A note on the prePAX dinner:
    First: If you want to go, get your tickets soon, as they are selling quickly: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/153429/east-pre-pax-east-2012-dinner/p1
    Second: It's starting a bit early this year, at 5pm. This tour usually goes until 5pm and I wanted to make sure everyone has the opportunity to do both (indeed, I'm going to the dinner too), so I talked to acumen101. We may end the tour a little early Thursday prevening (pre evening), but acumen101 has assured me that it's perfectly fine if we don't show up until around 5:30pm. We'll just have a little less time to eat and socialize at dinner.

HI3789R.png