As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield 3: Come join us, the water is warm but the natives have guns

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    I have respawned and set off many many c4's with the clacker.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:

I've done the same many times.

Sometimes you might be out of range of your C4 and they wont detonate, sometimes they've already been blown up by friendly AT rockets.

• Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    actually the clicker will blow them up. I have done it plenty.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Oh M98B, how I've missed you.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote:
    UEAKCrash wrote:

Sometimes you might be out of range of your C4 and they wont detonate, sometimes they've already been blown up by friendly AT rockets.

I don't think there's a detonation range limit. I've put C4 on friendly tanks to troll PA guys and blown it up from across Oman.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    I've fallen for the M249's iron sights. First iron sight on any gun in any game that has optics customisation that just clicks for me.

I also pulled off my first jihad jeep. Now I need more.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Most of the irons in this game are awesome. If I'm not using a higher-powered optic, I'll probably be running irons.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    I don't think I have given them a fair enough shot across the board.

I am a child of the red dot from my time playing the CoD's and I kind of got stuck in my ways.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Now that I know I can set off C4 after death...Well...That is just fuckawesome

I wasted a couple lives trying to grenade an LAV that was camping pour spawn that I had previously gotten C4 onto. I could even see the little C4 stars or what have you on it. All I needed to do was pull out the damn clacker.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Currently in love with the SG553 engineer carbine.

• Options
    Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    http://symthic.com/?s=bf3

this chart should go in the OP.

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • Options
    JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Most of the irons in this game are awesome. If I'm not using a higher-powered optic, I'll probably be running irons.

Would you happen to know if Iron Sights have a faster ADS speed than red dot sights?

Joril on
    bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Nothing scarier than being the 2nd gunner in a tank and watching a driverless jeep come pelting toward you and the tank driver is obliviously trying to snipe helichopters

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Joril wrote:

Would you happen to know if Iron Sights have a faster ADS speed than red dot sights?

They don't.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Joril wrote:

They don't.

I have seen and hear about his this; just putting some kind of sights on your gun reduces it's recoil a little. From what I remember reading, the irons cause the gun to jump around a little more.

• Options
    I have not so wonderful eyesight so the red dot or acog really helps me distinguish between the background and the sights. The Kobra sight is stupid though. But I am on a mission to get a service star with every weapon now. So A-91 with Kobra will have to work until I unlock the superior RDS.

• Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Played on a 64 man Metro server, it was glorious, I went 9 kills and 10 deaths, came second on my team and almost had a better score than some fella on the other team with 53 kills

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Woot, finally got my bluetooth keyboard, mouse and headset along with a proper lap tray so I play some BF3 on mumble with PA dudes!

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I'ma gonna play wif you guys

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    That_Guy wrote:
    Joril wrote:

They don't.

I have seen and hear about his this; just putting some kind of sights on your gun reduces it's recoil a little. From what I remember reading, the irons cause the gun to jump around a little more.

I'm inclined to believe this is hearsay and rumor.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    I think it comes down to people like me who suck terrible balls with iron sights finding themselves able to control the gun better with some sort of optic attachment on there

Like a murder based placebo

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    I got this as a late Xmas present on Xbox is there any sort of 360 PA group? My Gt is my username if anyone wants to play with a Christmas kid err adult.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Sign up on battlelog and apply for the 82nd Arcadians. Then add the gamer tag PABF3 to your friend list to see the people who play.

You can also add my tag El Mucho.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    So Wake Island is terrible.

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    Played 64 player wake rush earlier. I don't know what would posses a server admin to inflict that on themselves and everyone else.

GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wake Island is a great place for engies if the soflam is up

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    jonny439 wrote:
    I got this as a late Xmas present on Xbox is there any sort of 360 PA group? My Gt is my username if anyone wants to play with a Christmas kid err adult.

Also, be sure to go to battlelog (via PC) and add the PA clan tag to your name.

AF-IX on
  • Options
    Can we get the 360 info in the OP?

• Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Wake is pretty much the worst map in the game.

• Options
    Pretty much the only things I die to now are vehicles, supports, and surprise attacks from behind.

I still have no idea what gun is best for me.

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote:
    UEAKCrash wrote:

I don't think there's a detonation range limit. I've put C4 on friendly tanks to troll PA guys and blown it up from across Oman.

There is, it was proven in one of the BF3 mythbusters episodes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ifEeKW20AY&feature=related

• Options
    I really need to learn to fly in this game

I feel like I am doing myself a disservice being a ground pounder only

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cobalt60 wrote:
    Cobalt60 wrote:
    UEAKCrash wrote:

There is, it was proven in one of the BF3 mythbusters episodes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ifEeKW20AY&feature=related

Okay so the range is like 800 meters then.

Anyways, you guys should hop on mumble and get some gaemz with us.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Just had my best single round. 11224 score for match. Just under 20000 after ribbons awards and unlocks. WOOOO

• Options
    I scored something like 47k the other day. That was a good one.

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Warcry wrote:
    Currently in love with the SG553 engineer carbine.

The 3-round burst is pretty good in close quarters but it can be a little shaky if you try to take out people at longer distances.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    This game would be a lot of fun if I didn't have to migrate servers every 2-3 hours because of cheating dickwads.

I don't understand why EA isn't banning CD keys, it gets really old when you get insta-killed through a tank for the fourth time in an evening by some guy jerking off with his script kiddie garbage.

signaturep.jpg
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Ugh. Unless a map's ceiling is like, really low (Bazaar), it feels like the best place for me to be is with my ass parked in MAV mode, floating high high above the battlefield and spotting everything. If only there were more in-game 'chievos for it.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    This game would be a lot of fun if I didn't have to migrate servers every 2-3 hours because of cheating dickwads.

I don't understand why EA isn't banning CD keys, it gets really old when you get insta-killed through a tank for the fourth time in an evening by some guy jerking off with his script kiddie garbage.

Make sure to report those jagweeds by clicking the little ! in a triangle icon at the top right corner of their public profile. No idea if it actually helps, but it couldn't hurt and it makes me feel better to believe I'm focusing the Eye of Sauron on them.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Speaking of cheaters (via Reddit):

Dirtyboy on
This discussion has been closed.