As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield 3: Come join us, the water is warm but the natives have guns

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    The great thing about BF3 is that the majority of the weapons are all very well balanced and you can pick a favorite instead of just using the best guns.

Of course, there are always going to be guns that outpace the others (the FAMAS, every single support and engineer gun) but that's just standard FPS fare.

Theyre all well balanced, except over half are much better than the others.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Or the M98B, which just straight-up outclasses the other bolt-actions.

Still, I seem to be more a carbine user when I'm not stabbing dudes.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    emp123 wrote:
    The great thing about BF3 is that the majority of the weapons are all very well balanced and you can pick a favorite instead of just using the best guns.

Of course, there are always going to be guns that outpace the others (the FAMAS, every single support and engineer gun) but that's just standard FPS fare.

Theyre all well balanced, except over half are much better than the others.

Logic.

Ranting about engineers/supports is fun.

In other news: aww yiss

0dYsq.png

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    Bought Back to Karkand last night, and was quickly reminded as to how bad I am at this game.

Battlelog lists my skill as "-2". I don't know how they calculate skill, but that seems about right

• Options
    sroz0sroz0 Registered User regular
    BF3 ROCK

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Mechanical wrote:

Preeeeetty much. I'll occasionally run around with the L96 just for variety's sake or toss a red dot on the SV98 because...fuck it, why not? The m98b really is da best though. I'd really like it if at some point DICE added some variety to the Recon's guns. There's not much of a reason to use anything besides the m98b for the bolt actions or the m39 for the semi-autos. Maybe once the general semi-auto buff goes into effect the SKS will become something other than a dog turd wrist rocket.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Ok. c4 is just stupid fun for me as I give no shits about stats. SO im coming for suicide doubles and triples. Im running away from them hoping they follow me.

I wish I had recorded the "jihad skidloader." Turns out they do not roll when you bail... Had to go down with the ship.
    Best part being i got rezzed after the suicide bombing on that one.

I suppose the worst part it being by the end of the night my teammates knew to bail on anything with wheels I was driving. "Mojo, Is this a Jihad T90 or a regular one?" was uttered as it needed asking.

I have not run anything other than PDWs or shottys, due to having no attachments for the support guns. I really don't like them.

But that was a fun night.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Skajme wrote:
    So I have spent the majority of the last couple of days Jihad jeeping! It is far too much fun! every-time I blow something up doing it I sit and giggle like a little schoolgirl :D

Same here. There's a certain elation that you experience each time a run is successful. Because you know they have no idea what just happened to their tank.

Nothing is more satisfying then sneaking up on a tank from behind, laying the c4 and running as fast as you can while hitting the trigger. It's like you're in an action movie every single time.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote:
    Ok. c4 is just stupid fun for me as I give no shits about stats. SO im coming for suicide doubles and triples. Im running away from them hoping they follow me.

I wish I had recorded the "jihad skidloader." Turns out they do not roll when you bail... Had to go down with the ship.
    Best part being i got rezzed after the suicide bombing on that one.

I suppose the worst part it being by the end of the night my teammates knew to bail on anything with wheels I was driving. "Mojo, Is this a Jihad T90 or a regular one?" was uttered as it needed asking.

I have not run anything other than PDWs or shottys, due to having no attachments for the support guns. I really don't like them.

But that was a fun night.

I didn't get around to uploading a picture of it, but check out the bonkers hipfire accuracy the UMP + Laser Sight has. That gun is soooo goooooooood.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular

uh

wat

In the scenario where Textron wins that suit, what helos are we gonna wind up with?

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    I really hope the mav lift isn't fixed. Getting into the nooks of random buildings is really fun.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    So, having a properly supplied javelin supported with a good soflam is hilariously unbeatable.

Also, my new favorite thing (though it's probably extremely old news to you guys): lock on with jav, then point straight up and fire. the javelin goes up about 15 feet, then takes a 90 degree turn backward for like 15 feet, then pulls a 180 in the opposite direction and heads towards target.

uh

wat

In the scenario where Textron wins that suit, what helos are we gonna wind up with?

probably the Z1-HA, Y1-HU, and the yerpsO, with mirrored textures and all blades rotate in the opposite direction?

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012

uh

wat

What I find hilarious about Textron, sounds like it's an adveritsment deal.

Just like McDonalds(tm) brand grenades. I'm lovin' it

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Gonmun wrote:
    Skajme wrote:
    So I have spent the majority of the last couple of days Jihad jeeping! It is far too much fun! every-time I blow something up doing it I sit and giggle like a little schoolgirl :D

Same here. There's a certain elation that you experience each time a run is successful. Because you know they have no idea what just happened to their tank.

Nothing is more satisfying then sneaking up on a tank from behind, laying the c4 and running as fast as you can while hitting the trigger. It's like you're in an action movie every single time.

Yes indeed. Run run run! Getting shot, FUCK IT, BOOOM

And where are all the shenanigan vids by PA guys of things being launched into the atmosphere with C4?

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    *doh*

Mulletude on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Man, this weekend I played with* some PA people on 360. Well, actually, I played on the opposite team. It is ROUGH being opposite of you guys. We lost every single game, and barely any were remotely close. Good games though, there was something fun about fighting a constantly losing battle. Wouldnt want to do it every day, but for a few hours it was good times. Eventually I abandoned using assault and switched to support so my gun would have enough bullets for me to have any chance at fending off you guys. As assault, even if I got the drop, Id kill one maybe two and then get gunned down in the realod pretty quick. Still didn't have a chance, but it was fun.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote:
    Skajme wrote:

You guys know this thing has been around since 2003 in Battlefield 1942, right?

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    but battlefield 1942 didn't have the jihad forklift.

also I'm still waiting for battlefield 1492.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    but battlefield 1942 didn't have the jihad forklift.

also I'm still waiting for battlefield 1492.

Musket's totally overpowered. Needs a nerf.

• Options
    Fucking grapeshot cannons RUINING my sails.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    VeritasVR wrote:
    Gonmun wrote:
    Skajme wrote:

You guys know this thing has been around since 2003 in Battlefield 1942, right?

Oh, I'm well aware since I was doing that back in 1942. I was saying that it's still the most satisfying thing for me. Doesn't get old for me.

At least you aren't getting picked off while rowing to Wake Island in a dingy. :P

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Ok who the fuck is abusing the Black Plague??
    I will hunt you down asshole!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012

Muskets are over powered.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote:

Still, I seem to be more a carbine user when I'm not stabbing dudes.

This has to be a mistake, according to your stats you have gun kills but I don't think you know how to use the guns, just the knife.
    :lol:

• Options
    Are there any plans for releasing more map packs? The chinese bf2 maps would be pretty a sweet addition,

• Options
    wakkawa wrote:
    Are there any plans for releasing more map packs? The chinese bf2 maps would be pretty a sweet addition,

In the marketplace for the 360 version under "Upcoming" it simply states "The content of this pack will be announced later"

I'm hoping that means another map pack. Or maybe even a mini mod like BFV for BC2.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

Fuck now I have to reinstall Pirates!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    maybe some kind of armored warfare map pack. Everyone gets a tank! Tanks for everyone!

I would really like to see what that would be like. 20v20 tank battles with planes and choppers.

Or 20 planes vs 20 planes. olololololol

wakkawa on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I would be totally down with more armor-centric maps. I would like to see the secret weapons expansion of 1942 made into a full blown mod for this game. Jet packs and the game modes where you have to prevent the enemy from destroying parts of a factory...etc...Or a 2142 mod. But than I think 2142 would be better served as its own game.

Mulletude on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Didn't they try that with the Coral Sea maps in BF 1942? I particularly remember hating that map/game style.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:

By 1492, the "Black Plague" had been wiped out for about 300 years. Smooth-bore Matchlock Muskets were all the rage with the Wheel-lock right around the corner. Most soldiers were still rocking the Pike. The Landsknecht are OP are fuck.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote:
    maybe some kind of armored warfare map pack. Everyone gets a tank! Tanks for everyone!

I would really like to see what that would be like. 20v20 tank battles with planes and choppers.

So, Oman basically?

• Options
    Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

By 1492, the "Black Plague" had been wiped out for about 300 years. Smooth-bore Matchlock Muskets were all the rage with the Wheel-lock right around the corner. Most soldiers were still rocking the Pike. The Landsknecht are OP are fuck.

This made me laugh SO hard. Thank you for that, That_Guy. Who says history is boring?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    mcdermott wrote:
    wakkawa wrote:

So, Oman basically?

Oman is what, 5 tanks at most on either side?

2 at spawn, 2 at hotel, and 1 at construction.

wakkawa on
  • Options
    Vehicle centric maps suck shit. Firestorm is a good way to empty a server.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    2142. As an expansion pack dealy.

now with more pew pew lazors and vertical tanks

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    Vehicle centric maps suck shit. Firestorm is a good way to empty a server.

Vehicle maps only suck when there is no team work going on and you are not in one yourself. Firestorm is great. If you don't like it, you are playing wrong. If you want to get your infantry combat fix, hang out around the middle with all the cover and buildings. It has areas for every type of combat found in BF3. You can get your air combat fix trolling around the massive borders, infantry by ricking the middle, and vehicle from just about anywhere. Don't tell me there is just as much cover on Firestorm as there is on Caspian.

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't get that. Firestorm is pretty great and with SOFLAMs and Javelins you can snipe vehicles from half the map away.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    That_Guy wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

This made me laugh SO hard. Thank you for that, That_Guy. Who says history is boring?

If you want some entertaining history, go watch all the Terry Jones (Former member of the Monty Python troop) stuff. A bunch of it is on Netflix, if you subscribe. Most of it is on Youtube too.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Jones#Documentary_series

EDIT: "Ancient Inventions" is my favorite. Did you know that the Ancient Egyptians had developed an oral contraceptive based on crocodile dung?

That_Guy on
This discussion has been closed.