As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Of Myths & Monsters, of Brawls & Uprisings: The Kid Icarus Thread

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Why is this game not in my hands right now?

Because you haven't perfected your time machine yet.

Blast! No matter. I shall simply torque my chronoblast like so, and

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Coming from Nintendo's Twitter...
    We may be out of the exclusive #ClubNintendo #KidIcarus: Uprising AR cards, but there are still others available!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Am I right to assume the box in which Kid Icarus Uprising and its stand come is sealed? I mean, like the Skyward Sword Limited Edition Bundle.

RockinX on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    Am I right to assume the box in which Kid Icarus Uprising and its stand come is sealed? I mean, like the Skyward Sword Limited Edition Bundle.

Yes, it's all boxed together.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited March 2012

My Skyward Sword bundle arrived with the seal broken (though the game itself was sealed), so if this one does as well, I'm going to complain hard. Thanks.

RockinX on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Thinking of picking up Kid Icarus at a retail store on Friday and then returning the copy I receive from Amazon to said retail store when it arrives.

I'm assuming you didn't get release date shipping?

It wasn't offered. All I saw was Standard, Two-Day, and One-Day shipping.

Regardless, I've been doing free shipping from Amazon for so long that my brain can't process the thought of actually paying for shipping something.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    When did you order it? It may have been too late to get release date shipping.

You can check on your order status page what's going on. Since I have Prime, I didn't have to select Release Date Shipping. It just says "Amazon Prime: Release-Date Delivery is free"

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Thinking of picking up Kid Icarus at a retail store on Friday and then returning the copy I receive from Amazon to said retail store when it arrives.

Regardless, I've been doing free shipping from Amazon for so long that my brain can't process the thought of actually paying for shipping something.

Maybe it's because I have prime, but I see that it has release date delivery. You should be able to update your order.

Edit: But of course, it's your choice.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

My Skyward Sword bundle arrived with the seal broken (though the game itself was sealed), so if this one does as well, I'm going to complain hard. Thanks.

There's a round sticker holding the box shut.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

They gave it to me. Might want to check again. This is without Amazon Prime.

• Options
    G0DG0D Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So with all this Amazon talk, it made me wonder if this is worth it. Apply for an Amazon.com credit card, get a $30 gift card if you're accepted. I assume I could just cancel the card afterwards and get a nearly-free copy of KI out of it. Thoughts?

G0D on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »

They gave it to me. Might want to check again. This is without Amazon Prime.

There was at least one game that I missed release shipping on because they only started offering it like a month before the game came out, and then stopped offering it by the time I noticed (which is reasonable, obviously if it's a couple days before release they won't be able to offer it as easily).

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    So I've gotten some game time in with this, and I must say that the control scheme is pretty damn nice using the stylus. Using the stand is pretty comfortable if you've got a good height table. But out and about, or lying down, it's pretty easy to hold the 3DS and use the control scheme for an hour (as long as I've tested) without strain. You can also use the ABXY buttons to control the reticle instead of the stylus, or an alternate camera/reticle movement using just the thumbstick and the R button.

Any ways, how I've been comfortable holding the 3DS so far while using the stylus is by putting the 3DS' right bottom corner between my pinky and ring finger of my right hand, while holding the stylus with my thumb and index fingers. You just have to watch out for the power button, but at least it would just pause instead of turning off the system entirely. I haven't hit it yet, but I've only gotten about 4 hours of gameplay in so far.

I haven't even played around with the AR cards that come with the game yet (and I haven't gotten my CN cards either).

All in all, I think anyone who enjoys fast paced shooters will be pleasantly pleased. I know I'll be down for some multiplayer during my lunch break, and evenings!

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    Apparently there are AR cards up on the UK Club Nintendo. Not sure if they're the same.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    My Amazon order shipped :D

I hope I get my Club Nintendo cards before it arrives

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Seems like you can't purchase a Game Informer at Gamestop unless you subscribe to the year deal. :/

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Seems like you can't purchase a Game Informer at Gamestop unless you subscribe to the year deal. :/

That's how they get you :twisted:

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Honestly, it's not a bad mag, I enjoy reading it.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Edu email plus Amazon equals free Amazon Prime :D

I just had a job interview with Amazon, actually.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

They are pretty awful in terms of reviews but actual preview content is pretty nice.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

It's ok in terms of information for upcoming games, and they get some crazy exclusive reveals, but as a place to find fair or unbiased reviews....yea they are pretty craptacular.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Do people still complain about reviews? I can't get mad about reviewer opinions, because they're opinions, and sometimes I'm going to agree and others disagree. They still pack a lot of neutral info into their reviews that a discerning eye will pick up on and use to better form their own opinions.

• Options
    Do people still complain about reviews? I can't get mad about reviewer opinions, because they're opinions, and sometimes I'm going to agree and others disagree. They still pack a lot of neutral info into their reviews that a discerning eye will pick up on and use to better form their own opinions.

It's the internet, of course there are people who complain about reviews. :D

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

You can check on your order status page what's going on. Since I have Prime, I didn't have to select Release Date Shipping. It just says "Amazon Prime: Release-Date Delivery is free"

Surprised so many people use Amazon Prime around here. Maybe I was raised a cheapass, but I never minded waiting a few extra days to save a few bucks.

Spending $80 upfront seems like an even sillier prospect.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options

Surprised so many people use Amazon Prime around here. Maybe I was raised a cheapass, but I never minded waiting a few extra days to save a few bucks.

Depends. I would end up spending more than that in shipping without Prime.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

I've got it for free from Amazon Student right now (anyone enrolled in college with a .edu e-mail address can get 6 months free), and it's only $40 to renew as a student as well. It's not just faster shipping, but also free shipping on items that are less than $25, so you don't always have to spend a lot just to get the free shipping. Paying $4 in shipping each time you buy something from Amazon that's less than $25 could easily add up to the $80/$40 a year, and you also get Instant Streaming (like Netflix) with a paid subscription. It's not a bad deal.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I would also rail against instant gratification society but I have noticed that sometimes I do buy more than I had intended to get the free shipping.

Like just now I bought Epic Mickey for $20 and added two Flight comic collections and the fourth chapter of Kazu Kibuishi's Amulet.

But the free shipping is slow which still shows my patience in order to supposedly spend less money. :P I can see why Prime would be good for many people, though.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    So does Kid Icarus Uprising run at 60fps? Does anybody know for sure?

Some people have said so but I've had arguments with people who think Wind Waker runs at 60fps, so...

• Options
    So does Kid Icarus Uprising run at 60fps? Does anybody know for sure?

Some people have said so but I've had arguments with people who think Wind Waker runs at 60fps, so...

Does it matter?

• Options
    Yes. I mean, it doesn't matter that I get an answer, because I'll have the game tomorrow. But the difference between 30fps and 60fps matters, yes.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I heard it runs like 4 player 8 bot Perfect Dark with remote and prox mines as the only weapons.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I heard it runs like 4 player 8 bot Perfect Dark with remote and prox mines as the only weapons.

Hahaha. :^:

I've seen 60FPS in action, but no offense, while it's nice, I don't believe it's necessary to enjoy a game.

But then again, I don't have a Ps3 or a 360 and the most recent PC game I played was Terraria.

RockinX on
  • Options
    It depends on the game, though. Some games I definitely wouldn't want to play at 30fps. Sonic Generations is one example, I think the console version is almost unplayable because the speed makes it so choppy at 30fps. I don't think it would be necessary for this one, but like you said, it's nice.

If it were up to me, all displays and games would run at 120fps or higher, though.

• Options
    It depends on the game, though. Some games I definitely wouldn't want to play at 30fps. Sonic Generations is one example, I think the console version is almost unplayable because the speed makes it so choppy at 30fps. I don't think it would be necessary for this one, but like you said, it's nice.

If it were up to me, all displays and games would run at 120fps or higher, though.

I know it's your opinion, but I just have to WTF at that. Besides, the human eye typically can't see more than 30 FPS.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Finally got my Amazon Shipping Notification! Now to wait until tomorrow night to play it!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I know it's your opinion, but I just have to WTF at that. Besides, the human eye typically can't see more than 30 FPS.

That is a myth. (also, a monster?)

• Options
    Apparently the nationwide Kid Icarus Uprising multiplayer tournament was today. Apparently this guy won
    8zz0s1

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    How does one guy win at a team game?
    Before it releases?

• Options
    How does one guy win at a team game?
    Before it releases?

It was an official Nintendo tournament at certain Gamestops across the country. The mode they were playing wasn't team, at least not for the finals.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Man those gamestop trophies....
    74150-craptrophy.jpg
    :lol:

But naw, I have that and the District trophy happily sitting next to each other.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png