As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting my Adsense account approved

AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi guys I recently purchased a bunch of websites. Basically they're micro niche sites which make money from adsense clicks. Now I registered for an adsense account about two weeks ago.

I'm not sure why it's taking so long to be approved. I have a hunch it might have been that I listed the site while it still had adsense from the previous owner being displayed on it. I've gone into the wp-admin, gotten rid of his adsense ID and replaced it with mine so maybe that will help. I'm not sure.

I have had a look at the adsense help centre but couldn't find anything helpful, also posted a thread on the official help forum here but got no response. As far as I can see google has purposefully made it so that you can't actually contact them directly. Their answer to the question "how can I contact adsense support" is referring you to the help centre and official forum and then adding:
Due to the high volume of emails that we receive, we provide limited email support for a small set of issues. You'll only receive personal replies from us for answers which can't be found in our Help Centre, so please search the Help Centre for your issue first. In addition, we suggest asking for help in the AdSense Help Forum where AdSense representatives and publishers frequently answer questions.

With no contact information!

So basically my questions are:

-What could be causing this?
-What can I do to get approval?
-If for some reason I can't get approval how do I reapply?
-Are there any options or avenues I have overlooked?

Thanks in advance...

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
QEz1Jw1.png
Amigu on

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    It takes a while to get set up on adsense. I remember it took about three weeks or so to get approved in my case.

Are these sites still bare bones or do they already have a lot of content? If the google bots haven't had time to comb through them and find at least 30 different links/posts it will probably get turned down, but you would have already noticed that.

Honestly, Google is just really defensive with their monies. They probably still see the previous owner or links from the previous owner and they're blocking it. Unfortunately they're slow as all hell when it comes to resolving this kind of stuff and it's going to take a while. If this gets resolved within the next 60 days I'd be surprised, but pleasantly so.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Also, you might want to look into project wonderful. It uses the bidding system rather than the CPM system that adsense uses and I've seen better profits on it than I do with adsense. It's still good to keep adsense ads because it helps to let google index you through them so your site does better on searches, but for my money project wonderful has paid off better in both advertising and selling ad space.

are YOU on the beer list?