As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft2] "Zerg can't beat protoss." - Idra

• Options
    badger2dbadger2d San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    badger2d wrote:
    I have one RL friend who I play this game with. I've noticed that when I play him, I play harder, and I've had some good comeback wins (he likes to play very aggressively early in the game). When I'm on the ladder, if I fall behind early I usually just gg and hit the orange button again.

So today, remembering that, I tried to play a little harder on the ladder. Lo and behold, had a good comeback win after a Toss wrecked my natural with an immortal push. I have to admit I actually fist-pumped when he gged out of a game that I would usually have quit myself several minutes earlier.

Can I watch it :)

Sure.

http://drop.sc/89314

Blizzard: Symphony #1704
    Steam: badger2d
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I don't really get any satisfaction out of playing ladder anymore. Just annoyed by my own poor mechanics and decisionmaking: Even when I win it's just "oh well other guy played even shittier than me, no feat there".

It's still fun building shit, I just don't get anything out of ladder play and the HotS campaign is still a long wait away :/

Panda4You on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Thats why, in order to get satisfaction out of ladder, you have to focus on your own play, and not your opponent's.

Made probes constantly without missing any accidentally for the first X minutes of the game? give yourself a mental fistbump. next game go for X+1 minutes!
    Kept your minerals below 100 for the first X minutes? Good one! Next game go for X+1!

Each game you play, watch the replay afterwards, find the two biggest mistakes in it, and for the next 10 games you play, focus strongly and particularly on those two things.

Rather than expecting satisfaction from winning, or from playing "well" (your definition of well), try to derive your satisfaction from simply playing better than you did the last game.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I found that my biggest mistakes when I played before were just bad decisions, which is made more annoying because the only way to fix that is by playing lots of games <_<

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote:
    Kept your minerals below 100 for the first X minutes? Good one! Next game go for X+1!

How long does it take to each 11 SCVs?

• Options
    PraetorPraetor [Redacted]Registered User regular
    DeMuslim vs Sheth on Sheth's stream right now :D

3DS FC: 3067-6095-3603
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    whenthefuckisheartoftheswarmcomingout

wanna do some swarm host contains already

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    So uh when does HotS beta start? Isn't the game itself coming out in, like, 2 months?

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Thats why, in order to get satisfaction out of ladder, you have to focus on your own play, and not your opponent's.

Made probes constantly without missing any accidentally for the first X minutes of the game? give yourself a mental fistbump. next game go for X+1 minutes!

Each game you play, watch the replay afterwards, find the two biggest mistakes in it, and for the next 10 games you play, focus strongly and particularly on those two things.

Rather than expecting satisfaction from winning, or from playing "well" (your definition of well), try to derive your satisfaction from simply playing better than you did the last game.

I love this mentality

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Late bedtime for the kid. Streaming korean ladder games until the lag gets to me. Also on mumble with mig and brainling.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    that's damn pretty

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    @kedinik one year is what Dusty said as of March 2011, but I can't imagine that still holds up, given that they said a 3-5 month beta.

Speaking of which, for those of us lucky enough to get into that beta, do you think that you'll focus mostly on 1v1 heart of the swarm or stick with the more balanced 1v1 wings of liberty and just wait for HotS gameplay and patches to be finalized?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote:
    So uh when does HotS beta start? Isn't the game itself coming out in, like, 2 months?

It is?

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I don't care when the actual game comes out, I just want the beta.

The only content they'll save for the final release is singleplayer campaign, and who gives a shit about that?
    Well, I do. Campaign is gonna be siiick!

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm expecting beta come spring and it'll go into summer (based on nothing at all)

I am curious how they are gonna work out the releases of three products this year

Variable on
  • Options
    quoted wrong post!

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    I still haven't finished the WoL campaign.

• Options
    I think I'll probably dive right into Heart of the Swarm beta 1v1 and forget WoL as soon as its out and I have access.

• Options
    How is the access going to be handled though?

How was WoL beta done?

• Options
    I think I'll probably dive right into Heart of the Swarm beta 1v1 and forget WoL as soon as its out and I have access.

I think this will be popular although tournaments may hold off... but not for long.

mlg is gonna be in tough shape because they want a consistent season

• Options
    Hoz wrote:
    How is the access going to be handled though?

How was WoL beta done?

press invites only to begin with, followed by random invite waves for those who were opted-in, followed by beta keys being given for pre-orders, with those slowly becoming more common over the duration of the beta. By the end of the beta, I think pretty much everyone who really wanted access had found a way to get it for a couple weeks at least.

• Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    badger2d wrote:
    badger2d wrote:
    I have one RL friend who I play this game with. I've noticed that when I play him, I play harder, and I've had some good comeback wins (he likes to play very aggressively early in the game). When I'm on the ladder, if I fall behind early I usually just gg and hit the orange button again.

So today, remembering that, I tried to play a little harder on the ladder. Lo and behold, had a good comeback win after a Toss wrecked my natural with an immortal push. I have to admit I actually fist-pumped when he gged out of a game that I would usually have quit myself several minutes earlier.

Can I watch it :)

Sure.

http://drop.sc/89314

Thanks. Love seeing one base immortal pushes lose. Mostly because I lose to it all the time.

• Options
    I can't wait to play on the new version of incineration zone (with added rocks).

• Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I can't wait til HotS comes out so I can be mediocre again still

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Handy thing to remember vs 1base immortal pushes in TvP is that as long as you can save your orbital, you're in a winnable position, and if you can save a bunch of the scvs from your natural too, thats even better. Its very tricky for a 1base immortal push to break up your ramp because a lot of their DPS comes from zealots smashing forcefielded units, which isn't very useful for getting up a walled ramp.

• Options
    I can't wait until HotS comes out and I can win by making probes and pylons again instead of having to know like, builds, and shit.

• Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I still haven't started the WoL campaign.

Just let my burrowed banelings move already.

• Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    This is the most fun I've ever had in a 2v2. PZvZZ I decided to do baneling drops against the double zerg for shits and giggles. It worked. :D

http://drop.sc/89378

1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    There is no way burrowed banelings are going to get a moving ability in multiplayer.

I can't see it fitting into the game in anything other than a "holy fuck this is so broken lol" capacity

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    But they showed it at Blizzcon! It's going to make it in exactly like that, along with other completely broken things like arc shields and the shredder.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I am super excited for not knowing what the hell to do anymore

Variable on
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote:
    There is no way burrowed banelings are going to get a moving ability in multiplayer.

I can't see it fitting into the game in anything other than a "holy fuck this is so broken lol" capacity

Next you'll be telling me a 50 mineral 1 supply unit will be the best in the game. As if anything that broken would ever happen. 8->

Seriously though I'm more excited for the hydra speed buff at hive tech.

More seriously though fuck terran.

• Options
    I'll accept burrowed movement banelings if they give double-down thor AA.

• Options
    Hoz wrote:
    I'll accept burrowed movement banelings if they give double-down thor AA.

even better than that

thors wont be hitting air at all anymore \o/

and you can only build one \o/

• Options
    The thing I am most excited for is seeing what actually ends up making it into the beta release and the subsequent retail release.

For example, if Blizzard geninely tries to introduce the Replicant into the game, it will officially be confirmed that they don't know fuckall about their own game.

• Options
    you're gonna hate the new thing even more you know

• Options
    The thing I am most excited for is seeing what actually ends up making it into the beta release and the subsequent retail release.

For example, if Blizzard geninely tries to introduce the Replicant into the game, it will officially be confirmed that they don't know fuckall about their own game.
    yeah I really didn't know that much about wol through beta, not until nearing the end. it'll be fun to watch it from the first big announcement.

• Options
    Variable wrote:
    you're gonna hate the new thing even more you know

i have already typed up my whine posts about the shredder thing in notepad so i can just copy and paste them later :^:

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    It looks like SotG has moved to 7PM EST on Thursdays for the new season unless MLG has some time zone issues with their posting.

Thus it looks like Day9 will be the one who is supposed to depart.

redraptor on