As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft2] "Zerg can't beat protoss." - Idra

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Anyone else watching EG vs OGS on the IPL Team league?

Fin v JYP right now, pretty great game.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    kambing log on
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Variable wrote:
    dhal is it 1 gas or 2?

edit - also it's only weaker if you only look at unit count. it's a stronger attack because it can, most likely, attack an unfortified position as well as split your natural from your main (meaning some of the enemy units from your own)

its weaker because it doesn't have the advantage of an immediate strong frontal attack. 10-16 lings below the warp prism prevent the attack entirely.

is it 1 gas or 2

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Sceptre wrote: »

I am now, thanks

• Options
    fin has been giving me hope that he's going to play a little smarter.

I get that aggression is his style and he's great at it but it's the same thing rainbow ran into, but he refused to change... people not only learn how to react to the aggression but that know to predict it.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Sceptre wrote:

When were these actually played, do we know? It's listed as a rebroadcast.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Kambing wrote:
    Daily stream online. Playing Bastion until people log on!

Bastion was choppy. Back to SC2 4s with Jeff, Fatal, and Callow.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    kambing log on
    Variable wrote:
    dhal is it 1 gas or 2?

edit - also it's only weaker if you only look at unit count. it's a stronger attack because it can, most likely, attack an unfortified position as well as split your natural from your main (meaning some of the enemy units from your own)

its weaker because it doesn't have the advantage of an immediate strong frontal attack. 10-16 lings below the warp prism prevent the attack entirely.

is it 1 gas or 2

1 vs Terran because you don't get any sentries, 2 vs Zerg because you do.

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    They ended about an hour ago. It works great for me because I missed the first half.

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote:
    Yeah, he's completely lost his edge. I am sure EG has noticed, it's not like he doesn't live a relatively public life as a pro. If we're seeing that the fire is out, then Scoots has to as well.

Isn't this getting a bit dramatic?

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote:
    Yeah, he's completely lost his edge. I am sure EG has noticed, it's not like he doesn't live a relatively public life as a pro. If we're seeing that the fire is out, then Scoots has to as well.

Not really. Have you seen him play lately? He's more famous at this point for complaining about Zerg being UP than he is for playing the game.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    So consider the following ethical situation.

Some guy (whom we will name Someguy) asks another person (whom we will call UnpleasantSpoons) what league he is in.

UnpleasantSpoons answers, "I am diamond".

UnpleasantSpoons then waits for Someguy to leave, and then adds the qualifier, "...in 4v4 because I was carried there by 2 diamond players."

Misleading, unethical, or totally legit?

• Options
    Variable wrote:
    kambing log on
    Variable wrote:
    dhal is it 1 gas or 2?

is it 1 gas or 2

1 vs Terran because you don't get any sentries, 2 vs Zerg because you do.

thanks

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote:
    GnomeTank wrote:

Not really. Have you seen him play lately? He's more famous at this point for complaining about Zerg being UP than he is for playing the game.

Yeah I have, you're an idiot

• Options

Some guy (whom we will name Someguy) asks another person (whom we will call UnpleasantSpoons) what league he is in.

UnpleasantSpoons then waits for Someguy to leave, and then adds the qualifier, "...in 4v4 because I was carried there by 2 diamond players."

1 masters, 1 diamond, thank you very much. ^_^

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    I'd say a lie of omission, but the statement is absolutely true. He is, in fact, in Diamond League.

In 4v4s.

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I just found out siege tanks don't overkill, how is this permissible. You can just shift click ten different banelings with +1 tanks and they will perfectly individually target them. I can't believe how many players marine split before they do that.

redraptor on
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Saw what you want about Idra, but he's still one of the best foreigner Zergs and very popular. There is no way in hell that EG would drop him, you can't pick up a player with a bigger RoI than Idra.

• Options
    redraptor wrote:
    I just found out siege tanks don't overkill, how is this permissible. You can just shift click ten different banelings with +1 tanks and they will perfectly individually target them. I can't believe how many players marine split before they do that.

The way around it as zerg is to not hotkey ling/bane separately but instead create mixed groups with patrol splitting beforehand.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Whoa. Jyp held that nicely.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    redraptor wrote:

Yeah, the big fuss over marine splitting is actually pretty silly, because in most real game situations you will get a better result from manually targeting tanks instead and letting your marines just sit them shooting. Something a lot of Terran players don't realise is that your tanks are there to protect your marines, not the other way around - your marines are the dangerous part of your army and the part you want to be dealing damage with - the tanks are just there to keep banelings and infestors from rolling your marines completely.

• Options

I don't even know why people ask your league. Its quicker to just leave and look at the score screen afterwards anyway, and the score screen won't potentially lie.

• Options
    redraptor wrote:

Yeah, the big fuss over marine splitting is actually pretty silly, because in most real game situations you will get a better result from manually targeting tanks instead and letting your marines just sit them shooting. Something a lot of Terran players don't realise is that your tanks are there to protect your marines, not the other way around - your marines are the dangerous part of your army and the part you want to be dealing damage with - the tanks are just there to keep banelings and infestors from rolling your marines completely.

people do both

• Options
    lol "really strong bio play"

all fin did was make medivacs and 1atttt

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Kambing, Jeff, Spoons - thanks so much for the 4s games. I had a lot of fun, and I learned that I can be at least somewhat useful in 4s playing Zerg. Woop!

I also lost a 1v1 I could easily have won had I not been tipsy and sleepy and floated 2k minerals all game. But I was a slave to THE HUNGER, what can I say? T_T

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    Variable wrote:
    redraptor wrote:

people do both

A lot of people split first and focus fire second, which is backwards in terms of what you're going to get out of it.

Marine splitting looks a lot fancier but isn't as effective in a battle as focus firing tanks is.

• Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Kambing wrote:

1 masters, 1 diamond, thank you very much. ^_^

sorry kambing. Didn't realize Callow was masters. :-P

fatalspoons on
  • Options
    kambing is copper league

• Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    Ladder rankings will soon be meaningless thanks to PA-GSL aka CSL Code S

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    A bit of cross pollinating here, but day[9] doing a Kingdoms of Amalur stream on Feb. 7th (much like that skyrim thing) with prizes and other SC2 streamers.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308033

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    I think mvp is out tonight. gumiho and the zerg are my picks.

• Options
    so is this PA GSL league thing actually moving forward or is it still in the "random people throwing in opinions" stage?

• Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    I say we get a pool of players, grab the top 4 (or however many) PA players and do group selections on Mumble, then go from there.

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Right now we're in the 'gauging interest' phase. Invictus said he is willing to move forward with it once he knows how many people want to sign-up for it.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I wish more terrans would pre-split their marines when they push out.

It's so easy and makes a huge difference.

• Options
    Pre splitting can only really be done when you are entrenching in an attack position. Marines clump too readily to be able to do it while moving.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    yeah i mean when they park at the edge of your creep

pre split, motherfuckers

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Medivacs should be able to pick up enemy units so I can use them offensively

• Options
    TrunkersTrunkers Registered User regular
    Just curious, does anyone ever go Phoenix, Mothership, Observer in PvP? I feel like your opponent not being able to see your army could render some advantage. Also it's less tech-intensive than DT-oberver-Phoenix.

My MTG Cube Site - -http://riptidelab.com
  • Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I have lost to that once. We went up to 4 bases each, then he got observer speed and chased my map observers down with phoenix.
    When he later engaged me he vortexed the area with my observer, and the few seconds I was without detection, everything died.

So silly..

Rofflor on
    76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    that was pretty slick by gumiho