As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dead Space 1/2 -> console or PC games at heart?

DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Games and Technology
***this isn't a which should I buy thread***

For people with lots of experience with 3rd and 1st person games, which platform did you find the Dead Space games better suited to?

yes consoles have exclusive DLC, yes the PC graphics are better

this is more about the general feel of playing this sort of game and perspective from one platform or the other.

ie, almost all 3rd person games seem to be developed primarily for, and in my opinion, are better suited to couch and console play.

being immediately in front of a screen however, I prefer pretty much all FPS games on the PC.

occasionally there are games where I'm just not sure what the lead platform was, or what it's best enjoyed on. These are some of those games.

Perhaps because although it's third person, it's a lot closer than say, Gears of War, or Space Marine (2 clearly console centric titles)

I'm leaning towards a console soul at this point for the following reasons - the developer's other titles (all console centric), the super limited edition was only on console, the exclusive DLC only for consoles, the 3rd person perspective, the boot stomp doesn't feel right with kbam...

Deusfaux on

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i'd say if it comes down to controls, go PC because you can use a pad anyways
    but i feel much more 'into' a game like that with the lights turned off and the volume way up, sitting on couch

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I've only played the first Dead Space, but I've played it both on PC and PS3. The PS3 version definitely felt more comfortable. There is a slight advantage in aiming when playing the PC (especially if you are a hardened KB&M veteran), but it's set at a Resident Evil pace rather than a Gears of War pace, and you'll be doing a lot of actions (stomping, melee, flying through space in Zero-G, etc.) that will feel better on a controller.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    You'd probably have better luck in the Dead Space thread.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.