As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i keep having to make threads like these

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I've been in a couple plays but my high school only got a theater teacher my senior year and my university here doesn't have a theater program. It's just a club.

I was really excited in Undergrad when I got the chance to be in another musical and they actually cast me as Kate in Kiss Me Kate.

But then there was an outbreak of swine flu and the director was awful and disorganized. So the only lead in a musical I will probably ever have ended up getting shut down.

Yay.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Squall wrote:
    i found wicked a lot of fun if not super predictable

it was a little odd to have things tied up with such a pretty red bow at the end, but that may have been my own expectations

Have you read the book?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote:
    I used to do the musicals every year in high school/junior high. Always only bit parts but always fun.

God, between that, marching band, quiz bowl, forensics/debate tourneys, and full AP courses I dunno how I survived high school without dying of exhaustion.

I know that game. Fall play & Spring musical. Knowledge Bowl vice president, drama club president, future business leader speaker, senior class vice president, ect...

But with plays I was almost always the highest comedic role that didn't demand any singing.

Because I can not sing...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote:
    Squall wrote:
    i found wicked a lot of fun if not super predictable

it was a little odd to have things tied up with such a pretty red bow at the end, but that may have been my own expectations

Have you read the book?

nope!

i am That Guy in this instance

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote:
    I've been in a couple plays but my high school only got a theater teacher my senior year and my university here doesn't have a theater program. It's just a club.

I was really excited in Undergrad when I got the chance to be in another musical and they actually cast me as Kate in Kiss Me Kate.

But then there was an outbreak of swine flu and the director was awful and disorganized. So the only lead in a musical I will probably ever have ended up getting shut down.

Yay.

I'll be your Frederick

Hahaha no never mind I do not do romantic lead

I'd be like, Paul

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote:
    Sassori wrote:

Yay.

I'll be your Frederick

Hahaha no never mind I do not do romantic lead

I'd be like, Paul

Is it Too Darn Hot?

:P

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Anne Frank, while a sad play, was awesome to perform. Never been closer with a cast of actors.

And making people break down crying in the audience? It is divine.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Think my last play/musical was in elementary school?
    After that I did some band till 9th grade. Percussion. Except I never actually played the drums. I was the only percussionist that could read notes, so I always ended up doing bells or timpani.
    Only learned to read notes cause when I started percussion, the music teacher would only have us use our bellsets. Bleh.

In 9th grade band, we had some time for self improvement or experimentation. This was due to each grade having a different schedule, I think for lunch? Only remember the first 30-45 min it just being 9th graders, then the 8th graders would join us. Anyway, I tried to learn the french horn. It was nice, but I wasn't getting any encouragement from the teacher soooo I quit :rotate:

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    rhylith wrote:
    I used to do the musicals every year in high school/junior high. Always only bit parts but always fun.

God, between that, marching band, quiz bowl, forensics/debate tourneys, and full AP courses I dunno how I survived high school without dying of exhaustion.

I know that game. Fall play & Spring musical. Knowledge Bowl vice president, drama club president, future business leader speaker, senior class vice president, ect...

But with plays I was almost always the highest comedic role that didn't demand any singing.

It was totally worth it though. Lots of fun times doing stuff I enjoy with friends and it built the resume I needed to get my scholarship. Unfortunately I couldn't keep doing anything like that while studying engineering because there just aren't enough hours in the day.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I need some culture. The only play I've ever been to was Romeo & Juliet.

Some might say, well thats nice but...it was directed by my stepmother and starred the students from her special ed class.

Let's just say that I sat in the back and thought about the most unfunny things possible for two straight hours as not to be beamed straight down to hell.

• Options
    i broke 20k posts please someone make me still

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    You can't trust those post counts; a few were lost when the boards were reset. I know at one point a few years ago I had over 37,000, but according to my post count now I've not yet broken 20k.

Just... just sayin'

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    shhhh

only dreams now

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i have absolutely no clue how many total posts i have

didnt our old postcounts get nuked when vanilla started

• Options
    ack rachel you're making it worse

• Options
    @Beasteh they weren't completely nuked, but yes, certainly a few years' worth have been lost

@Squall I'm sorry!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote:
    I need some culture. The only play I've ever been to was Romeo & Juliet.

Some might say, well thats nice but...it was directed by my stepmother and starred the students from her special ed class.

Let's just say that I sat in the back and thought about the most unfunny things possible for two straight hours as not to be beamed straight down to hell.

Hey, it could be worse. The production of Romeo and Juliet I was in back in the fall was over three hours long.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    it's okay squall

i'm at 51000

• Options
    Also my sister, she of the shitty, shitty luck, has been diagnosed as being allergic to alcohol

so now she can't even drink her sorrows away

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Yeah I think anything before November 2006 was lost? At least that's as far back as SE++ goes

I know I lost at least like, 13k posts

Jesus

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I'm heading towards 30k urghhasd

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    That sucks :/

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i remember being younger

when people on the forums i went to then were proud of high post counts

high post counts demanded respect

now everyone's ashamed of them

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Also my sister, she of the shitty, shitty luck, has been diagnosed as being allergic to alcohol

so now she can't even drink her sorrows away

Aargh. In all seriousness, this is a potential problem for my sister too

Because she definitely has a new allergy of some sort but until the tests come back we don't have a clue what's responsible

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    @Edcrab, oh no! What sort of symptoms does she have?

@The Dave Fella, seriously! She's always suffered from recurrent UTIs and just recently she had a horrible kidney infection; painkillers were no help and she was in absolute agony. Her doctor's finally diagnosed alcohol as being the root cause.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    i remember being younger

when people on the forums i went to then were proud of high post counts

high post counts demanded respect

now everyone's ashamed of them

yeah

and 1000 posts was a big deal

heh

• Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    that's like a long afternoon

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I think my post count is fairly accurate

probably because I had less than 500 posts until 2007

• Options
    rhylith wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    rhylith wrote:

It was totally worth it though. Lots of fun times doing stuff I enjoy with friends and it built the resume I needed to get my scholarship. Unfortunately I couldn't keep doing anything like that while studying engineering because there just aren't enough hours in the day.

In college I double majored with a part time job and still had, on average, 11 meetings per week for groups/clubs/activities.

I have a problem.

• Options
    I feel like I post waaaaaay too much

But then, look at all of your postcounts

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I think I just hit 13,000 posts.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    redfenix wrote:
    that's like a long afternoon

with you a day is never long enough

• Options
    nobody knew who the hell I was until I hit 7k

• Options
    I barely had any posts until the spring of 2010.

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    who are you, FAQ

what nature of man be thou

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh hey I just broke 25k

at this rate it'll take me until 2036 to reach auto-ignore status

• Options
    thorgot wrote:
    who are you, FAQ

what nature of man be thou

dunno

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    @Edcrab, oh no! What sort of symptoms does she have?

I think irregular stomach pain, hot flushes, headaches, sometimes irritated glands

According to the doctor it's indicative of a middling-severity allergy but his suggestions cover everything from wheat/gluten to alcohol so no clues what the culprit is :/

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    hamlet is my favorite shakespeare play and romeo and juliet is bad and also really creepy

• Options
    @Edcrab, dang, hope they manage to narrow it down soon! That does not sound fun!