Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Wrestling 2012: SET THE FUNKASAURUS FREE

HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Social Entropy++
Are you serious bro?

Yes, yes I am

For those who are maybe starting to watch the WWE again here's some recent happenings(So SPOILERS I guess)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Other things that probably aren't spoilery

Sheamus likes the beat the shit out of other people

Santino is awesome

Hunico has the best entrance ever

CM Punk is the Best in the World

Of course there are other promotions besides the WWE:

There's WCW TNA, which you can watch, but we really don't reccomend it

There's ROH with young guys that will be in the WWE in like 5-7 years

There's Chikara(Ants and invisible gernades, what more do you need?)

and a lot of others too

So ring the bell on this new thread!

Hjorvarthr on

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    That 5th spoiler is the best thing ever, and last week had that 1st spoiler, the previous best thing ever.

• The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    SOMEBODY CALL MY MAMA

Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
  • SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    "My bad!"

Assuming direct control O-O
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So Raw AGAIN got a subpar rating with another huge chunk of people leaving by the second hour.

This shit is getting tiresome and I hope things start improving by the Rumble. Also WWE Network will now be launching in the Fall instead of April 1 but in all honesty that's a good thing.

What is best in life?
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia Registered User
    RAW better call its momma.

I mean you can't really blame the Alabama/LSU game either since it was a blowout by 10. I know I've said the Neilson system is obsolete but it's still the main factor in advertising dollars for WWE (I think) and who get's pushed or not.

If anything I hope they try to put more actual WRESTLING on the show next week as that was my main issue with the show.

What is best in life?
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, the stupid bullshit to wrestling ratio was pushing into IMPACT territory...

...but at least the stupid bullshit was entertaining FUNKY.

PwnanObrien on
    JLPENwc.gif
    Also I'm dreading a backlash against Ryder soon for some reason. He's already getting booed outside the Northeast in most areas. Not Cena level but it's noticable.

What is best in life?
    edited January 2012
    The problem is they're pushing Ryder too much when he was getting over as an underdog.

Speaking of, I really hope they keep Brodus Clay off TV as much as possible. Only bring him in when he can give a full five minute match of fresh material or else it's going to get tired quick and running a character that good into the ground should be a jail-able offense.

Also, See No Evil is pretty terrible. Why are they making me watch a PG version of it starring Zack Ryder and a tire?

PwnanObrien on
    JLPENwc.gif
    Maybe they thought it was hopeless to compete against the college game and just decided to go a bit more apeshit with the Kane/Cena/Ryder thing. Let's all hope it's toned down by next week.

What is best in life?
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    And Eve isn't going to be cast as scared woman #1 anytime soon. It was pretty painful all around. That segment should have came back from commercial with the Kane attack instead of dragging it out forever.

I'm not a big fan of the suffocating hand over the mouth thing Kane is doing. I'd much rather see him dropping people on their head with a tombstone.

• The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    you know given a choice between cm punk's "reality era" and the funkasaurus

I think I'd rather have the funkasaurus

just fucking embrace how stupid and absurd professional wrestling is, because it's more embarrassing when you try and pretend to be super intense and meaningful all the time

I mean, I get that the attitude era was huge and brought in a bunch of people, but there's a lot to be said for the simplicity of the wwf in the 80's

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The backstage reaction to Brodus Clay's debut at RAW last night was said to be positive. WWE Officials felt that the gimmick got over the way they hoped it would.
    The announcement of Edge being inducted into this years Hall of Fame was said to be a popular decision internally as most everyone feels he is deserving of the recognition.
    After speaking with sources, WZ has learned that Yokozuna is expected to be announced as an inductee into the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame.

Yokozuna, real name Rodney Anoa'i, is a former 2 time WWE Champion, 2 time WWE Tag Team Champion and winner of the 1993 Royal Rumble.

In addition to his legacy in WWE, it is also worth mentioning that Anoa'i is related to The Rock. The two are cousins and a part of the famous Samoan wrestling family. There has been a lot of speculation, but not yet confirmed, that The Rock will be announced to the 2012 Hall of Fame class as well. Both the ceremony and WrestleMania are taking place in his hometown of Miami, Florida.
    WWE is going to be getting rid of the Vegeance pay-per-view. This will give them one PPV in October, allowing some more time to build to the Hell In A Cell and Survivor Series PPV's.
    ESPN's financial expert Michele Steele tweeted on Tuesday that John Cena was worth $106 million in retail value to WWE in 2011.

No further details were given to explain Cena's direct impact on WWE's business. It is speculated that the figure likely includes John Cena merchandise and an estimate of Cena's impact on PPV buyrates, live event ticket sales and advertising revenue from WWE programming that features Cena.

When you see this number it puts in perspective when we hear about WWE's hesitation over the years to make John Cena a clear cut bad guy because of the worry they would lose money on him.

Who cares what anyone else says or thinks of you? At the end, how big you smile, how hard you dance, matters. Sounds like a victory to me.
    Steam
    Wonder how much Cena was worth in previous years?

What is best in life?
    edited January 2012
    you know given a choice between cm punk's "reality era" and the funkasaurus

I think I'd rather have the funkasaurus

just fucking embrace how stupid and absurd professional wrestling is, because it's more embarrassing when you try and pretend to be super intense and meaningful all the time

I mean, I get that the attitude era was huge and brought in a bunch of people, but there's a lot to be said for the simplicity of the wwf in the 80's

And yet you refuse to watch CHIKARA.

The Geebs That Makes No Sense.

Speaking of The New Generation WWF:

PwnanObrien on
    JLPENwc.gif
    dude I barely watch raw

Guess the Smackdown spoilers won't be ready till tomorrow, can't find them anywhere.

What is best in life?
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    They started late, didn't start till like 9:30 or something, that's why there's a holdup

Also, looks like they're trying to continue the angle where Cena gets more and more angry at Kane
    WWE's website is reporting that United States Champion Zack Ryder was seriously injured at the hands of Kane on Monday's RAW Supershow.

The storyline article says WWE doctors have Ryder recovering from the injuries and it's unlikely he will be able to defend the United States Title on next week's RAW.

They add that Ryder will undergo further evaluation at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California before next week's RAW.

Who cares what anyone else says or thinks of you? At the end, how big you smile, how hard you dance, matters. Sounds like a victory to me.
    Steam
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I would watch Chikara but you know what, it ain't on the tv and I could be assed to watch it online. Same with ROH.

Maximum wrote:
    I would watch Chikara but you know what, it ain't on the tv and I could be assed to watch it online. Same with ROH.

RoH is on some TV and it's going to be on more tvs in March.

• Goose!Goose! Yeah I wrote that Its called I Wanna Rock Your Body (till the break of dawn)Registered User regular
    Smackdown spoilers are ready now
    Spoiler:

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Radius wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• HullisHullis A ship is at risk..at every hour, minute, and second. That's where I come in.Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

Also, let's try to remember the important thing here.

Brodus is probably the Funkasaurus because Masked Kane is on Raw. No need for three monster heels.

Masked Kane is only back because Vince has a mask fetish recently.

And Cara is hurt.

So really, Sin Cara is to credit for the birth of the Funkasaurus.

zt20k1s.png
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

edited January 2012
    Spoiler:

I think I need to watch Smackdown to see the Funkosaurus again and to see my boy D-Bry in action.

After PwnanOBrien posted the WWE Summer of Punk video I watched the RoH video and now I can't remember if I saw the Punk/Christopher Daniels 60 minute draw or not. Pretty sure I own all those shows. Must rewatch. Have to finish Death Before Dishonor first. I can't stand Chris Lovey (Gabe Sapolsky) on commentary though.

On an RoH related note, I'm super disappointed that the 10th anniversary show isn't on PPV. It's also a month late, but whatevs. I'd appreciate if TNA would let some guys go back for that show (Samoa Joe or Daniels) and it would be awesome for London to show up if he's still wrestling.

Magell on
    I don't get it.
    Spoiler:

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Spoiler:

Assuran on
    edited January 2012
    I saw it worded a bit differently elsewhere:
    Spoiler:

Amikron Devalia on
  • VanderbrentVanderbrent Registered User regular
    I don't get it.
    Spoiler:

More complete spoilers:
    Spoiler:

Oh so its like
    Spoiler:

• HullisHullis A ship is at risk..at every hour, minute, and second. That's where I come in.Registered User regular
    I would love if he just flips out and starts head-kicking now

he let it get to his head, and now he's gonna take it out on everyone

zt20k1s.png
    I said it in the last thread and I will repeat it until it happens. I can't wait for Daniel Bryan to yell "I have til five, referee."

It's going to be so good.

• Goose!Goose! Yeah I wrote that Its called I Wanna Rock Your Body (till the break of dawn)Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

• NiryaNirya THE NEXT STAGE IN E-BO-LUTIONRegistered User regular
    Spoiler:

• BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    So I have never watched wrestling ever

Hullis linked me the Brodus Clay video

I need to watch wrestling now

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    I don't get it.
    Spoiler:

More complete spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I have a thoughful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/
    I made a game, it has penguins in it. WANG gets you money off.
    Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    Blankzilla wrote:

yessssssssssss

If you don't like WWE there's always CHIKARA, where someone will probably throw invisible grenades

zt20k1s.png
    Hullis wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:

yessssssssssss

If you don't like WWE there's always CHIKARA, where someone will probably dance.

Fixed

JLPENwc.gif
This discussion has been closed.