As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wrestling 2012: SET THE FUNKASAURUS FREE

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I hope that funkasaurus' entrances get more and more elaborate

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I missed most of the first hour of raw because I was watching alcatraz

I saw bits though, like ziggler going off on foley and such, that was neat

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Henry's not taping up his ankle anymore?

good thing for Henry I guess?

• Options
    did you see all of funkasaurus geebs

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    I missed the entrance. I'll watch it on youtube tomorrow (I was driving)

• Options
    daaag that was the best part

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    yeah, well, I had to go feed my dog over at my parents because they're in cancun and my sister was working

which is fine because they, you know, have cable and a nice tv to watch things on, but at some point I had to drive home and it wasn't going to be at ten pm

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I like the Kane/Cena segments. Like Funksaurus, they're the over the top spectacle stuff I was missing in my wrestling as of late. (Mostly I love masked, fiery, evil Kane, but Cena's been selling the turmoil decently enough, and it keeps him out of title pictures, which he doesn't need anymore.)

Jericho's still cracking me up. Almost thought he would wrestle for a split second, but the trolling of the WWE fanbase continues (To my surprised delight)

All in all, I thought tonight was a fairly solid, if Promo-heavy show. (Except for Ryder/Swagger, that crap was ridiculous)

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I could dig on a foley match, from a business standpoint

It'd be bad wrestling-wise, but story-wise, a good thing

it'd be really bad wrestling wise and it would make me very sad to have seen it

(I hope they don't do it at the Rumble because I'm going to be there and noooooooooooooooooooooooooo)

The smart thing to do would be to have Foley and Johnny each pick a wrestler (who needs a push) to represent them in a match to determine the new GM.

OR

Have them be week to week dueling GMs, each trying to book better and better shows to win some sort of GM-off.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    I could dig on a foley match, from a business standpoint

It'd be bad wrestling-wise, but story-wise, a good thing

it'd be really bad wrestling wise and it would make me very sad to have seen it

(I hope they don't do it at the Rumble because I'm going to be there and noooooooooooooooooooooooooo)

The smart thing to do would be to have Foley and Johnny each pick a wrestler (who needs a push) to represent them in a match to determine the new GM.

OR

Have them be week to week dueling GMs, each trying to book better and better shows to win some sort of GM-off.

Now would be the time to remind everyone about the Anonymous RAW GM.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I want Jericho to be Number 5 in the rumble. He comes out and runs around the crowd and the stadium for the whole rumble and only goes into the ring after the final guy has been thrown out. After he wins the rumble he puts on his perfect heel smile, lights go out, and fuck you I'm sparkling my way to Wrestlemania.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I want Jericho to be Number 5 in the rumble. He comes out and runs around the crowd and the stadium for the whole rumble and only goes into the ring after the final guy has been thrown out. After he wins the rumble he puts on his perfect heel smile, lights go out, and fuck you I'm sparkling my way to Wrestlemania.

Yes.

Yes.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    I love how the Funkasaurus unites Lawler and Cole on commentary in appreciation. It really helps put over how awesomely funky he is.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

If this doesn't happen now, I'm gonna be angry.

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    You could be more right than you know.
    As noted before, WWE officials have had talks about Chris Jericho winning the Royal Rumble this year. There was an idea suggested this past weekend where Jericho won’t speak on RAW until after the Rumble. This would see Jericho give his big victory speech, speak for the first time since returning and likely call out WWE Champion CM Punk for WrestleMania 28.

source: bleacher report -> wrestling observer newsletter

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    WWE is getting just the right kind of crazy. Just about nothing makes sense anymore, but I'm certainly amused. R-Truth in Disneyland, Funkasaurus, Johnny Ace going off the deep end, Jericho trolling it up. Even Kane turning Cena to the Dark Side is ok with me.

A replay on the jiggling... that is pretty close to the line though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    That was a really good Raw. My favorite part?

truthl.png

There should be more references how dumb PG era is.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Indiana Jones was PG..

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote:
    Indiana Jones was PG..

That's because it took Temple of Doom to create the PG-13 rating.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Thats_the_joke3.jpg

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Surprised they didn't just let him go.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    What an idiot.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular

I'm pretty sure this would play out badly, if they had to string it out over the entire rumble match.

That being said, when it doesn't happen, I'll be sad. Then when it does happen, I'll be annoyed that it was such a cheeseball and predictable ending.

I am the insatiable internets.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I really, really, really hope this wasn't a case of Bourne getting hit with a suspension, coming back, complaining and then failing another test. Because that would quite possibly be the dumbest thing ever.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular

Seriously, the more I think about it the more perfect it is.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    eddizhere wrote:
    R-Truth is the best. Makin' the "what" chant work for him.

"Don't 'what' me!"

"WHAT?"

"Okay, 'what' me!"

"WHAT?"
    LTM wrote:

I'm pretty sure this would play out badly, if they had to string it out over the entire rumble match.

That being said, when it doesn't happen, I'll be sad. Then when it does happen, I'll be annoyed that it was such a cheeseball and predictable ending.

I'm thinking something like Santino last year, only better, and where Jericho wins.
    Like maybe he comes out, does his pandering, and leaves. Nothing out of the ordinary for him as of late.

Then, after someone else appears to win, he comes out minus the theme and whatnot, and dumps the "winner" out from behind, claiming victory.

It would actually make complete sense out of the past few weeks as not simply a troll, but an elaborate ruse to make everyone lower their guard.

On another note: Ryder gets his title back now, right? Because he wasn't cleared to compete? That's how they took the WHT off of Bryan just last month when Henry wasn't cleared to compete, so...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Between John Laurinaitus going full blown heel, R-Truth being consistently hilarious and Jericho trolling the shit out of everyone again, I would consider last nights Raw to be quite entertaining, except for that Perez Hilton shite, I just skipped through all that rubbish

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Chael Sonnen probably wishes MMA had the same kind of testing policy as the WWE does.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    LTM wrote:

I'm thinking something like Santino last year, only better, and where Jericho wins.
    Like maybe he comes out, does his pandering, and leaves. Nothing out of the ordinary for him as of late.

Then, after someone else appears to win, he comes out minus the theme and whatnot, and dumps the "winner" out from behind, claiming victory.

It would actually make complete sense out of the past few weeks as not simply a troll, but an elaborate ruse to make everyone lower their guard.

All I know is if Jericho wins, after he wins they have to turn off all the lights except for the WM sign lights

Then Jericho stands still, the hesitation jacket lights up, and then it outlines him pointing at the sign, then pyro, end of PPV

They do that, I'm buying my first WWE PPV DVD in years

• Options
    Still think Sheamus will win the RR to pit him up against D-Bry. Jericho doesn't really need it to feud with Punk.

It would be a pretty cool moment though.

• Options
    Also, WWE hopes both Christian and Rey Mysterio will be able to return for the Rumble.

Also also
    Sorry y'all. Sometimes we become our own worst enemy.

I fucked up and did synthetic weed, got suspended for it but still held a belt the entire time, but wasn't happy about the suspension so I bitched about it and did it again, so I got suspended even longer and now don't have a belt either and am dangerously close to losing my job now because I can't keep my mouth shut. My bad, guys.

• Options
    Did he really complain about it? I was just assuming that was some made up internet bullcrap.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Maximum wrote:
    Did he really complain about it? I was just assuming that was some made up internet bullcrap.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1010948-wwe-news-major-heat-on-evan-bourne-confrontation-with-hhh

Not only did he complain about being suspended, he ratted out R-Truth saying that they both did it together, which led to Truth's suspension
    Bourne was confronted by HHH a few weeks back and blamed him for the story about R-Truth’s suspension being for spice getting out, as well as how they were doing it together and the delay in R-Truth’s suspension. R-Truth was announced as suspended after the post-Survivor Series Raw, where they did an injury angle to explain his absence. There is heat for the perception that somehow this was Bourne’s fault that the story got out. It wasn’t, although the perception would be such since Bourne complained about how it was possible for him to be suspended when the guy doing the exact same thing wasn’t.

Basically, it's a case of a guy being a fantastic athlete, but a less-than-fantastic person

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Evan Bourne is a bad person because he complained about being punished for something that somebody doing the same thing at the same time for wasn't? That doesn't make him a bad person.

Is it dumb that he did it again? Yes, but not a bad person.

• Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    It is also a case of WWE having a policy against something that isn't illegal. WWE needs to hurry up and ban any sort of liquor, cigarettes, party hats, or jazz CDs. They could impact a "superstar's" performance.

• Options
    It is also a case of WWE having a policy against something that isn't illegal.

I could be wrong but I believe as of last year that Spice crap was made illegal in the US.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    eHjtA.jpg

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Impying Spice ain't harmful. But that's for another place. Back to wrestling, I don't know if I'd be able to stop laughing if Jericho won the Rumble in this particular state.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    tumblr_lxgiys3RJs1qmsqp0o1_500.gif

This discussion has been closed.