Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Wrestling 2012: SET THE FUNKASAURUS FREE

• LuxLux Registered User regular
    I wonder if the "YOU ARE A BASTARD!" line was supposed to be a Big Bossman burn. Maybe in the story, all the emotion of having just crushed this delicate tiny angel combined with the reminder of the trauma of his father's funeral all came rushing back to him and that's why he was crying.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Mike Johnson from PWInsider wrote a very nice article regarding the end of wrestling events at the ECW Arena after today (January 14, 2012). Spoiled for length:
    Spoiler:

wirehead26 on
    What is best in life?
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Spears only look as good as the person selling them.

zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
  • HullisHullis You Guys Just Can't Do Anything Without This Genius!Registered User regular
    Pretty much the same with any non- power bomb or lucha move, isn't it?

xcimt23.png
    edited January 2012
    Also here's the link if you want to watch the finaly ECW Arena wrestling show. It's $14.95 and airs tonight, January 14, at 8 EST:

http://wwnlive.com/event-evolve-01-14-12.html

wirehead26 on
    What is best in life?
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien Registered User regular
    All this talk of the ECW Arena has reminded me of what is, in my opinion, the greatest match ever recorded:

s9QF1fK.png
    edited January 2012
    Here's an interesting result from a WWE House show yesterday in Washington:
    Daniel Bryan defeated Jamie Noble

wirehead26 on
    What is best in life?
  • HullisHullis You Guys Just Can't Do Anything Without This Genius!Registered User regular
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

xcimt23.png
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    yesssss

I love Jamie Noble

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One Never let an alligator... Do your taxesRegistered User regular
    As much as I like Wade Barret for some reason I don't like his Winds Of Change signature he started using. Its basically a Black Hole Slam and it just doesn't look right coming from a guy of Barret's build. Works for huge guys like Abyss because it seems they engulf the dude before driving him to the floor. Or maybe its cause Wade hasn't found someone he can properly sell it to. Wheres one of the Lucha guys? They can fling them selves around him to complete a full rotation.

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Basically what Smackdown needs is a decent tournament. Given all the random guys that are "feuding" a real reason to go at each other and give a bit of tension to the results of the matches.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Goose!Goose! Its a rebranding thing Registered User regular
    I think Noble's been working as a producer/road agent for a bit for WWE, and probably stepped up when they needed somebody for Bryan to go over.

I do not care why, Jaime Noble wrestling again is fantastic news

xcimt23.png
  • KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    The problem also with winds of change is that, just like his other finisher, it can't be used on anyone really bigger than him. He barely got Wasteland off on Henry once, but that was with a lot of help from the top rope. At least in TNA, I don't think there is a single person Abyss couldn't Black Hole Slam.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Fun fact: Jaime Noble is who Bryan beat to win the ROH title.

iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    KurnDerak wrote:
    The problem also with winds of change is that, just like his other finisher, it can't be used on anyone really bigger than him. He barely got Wasteland off on Henry once, but that was with a lot of help from the top rope. At least in TNA, I don't think there is a single person Abyss couldn't Black Hole Slam.

This is a false belief because he performed the Wasteland on Big Show

At least twice

In the middle of the ring

Once was on a house show, in a cage match too!

You're right, I guess I completely forgot about that even happening. Though I still hold that I don't think he could do Winds of Change that well on say, Show or Henry, but would be very entertained if proven wrong.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    If it wasn't for the Cobra the Wasteland would be my least favorite finisher in the WWE.

iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
    edited January 2012
    Well, yeah that should go without saying Kurn

Wasteland was impressive, mainly because he lifted people up, held them up, sometimes even walking around with them there, then slammed them

With Winds of Change, you have to grab them and spin them around

Even attempting that with Show or Henry would not end well

Sweeney Tom on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I wonder if AJ's going to come back from her injury all evil. She'll be known as Sparkplug.

Damoonmk22_zps42df557d.jpg
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
    Amazon Wishes
    Steam Wishlist
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think Kane doing a mandible claw thingy is kinda lame.

zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
    edited January 2012
    If AJ turns heel who is going to feud with The Canadian Ninjas when all our fantasy bookings come true?

PwnanObrien on
    s9QF1fK.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The cobra is a joke finisher though. Wasteland is a joke instead.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Kharma will come back and eat them

Problem solved

Cobra isn't a wrestling finisher. The Cobra is pure wrestling theatrics that just happens to sometimes end matches. Kind of like the People's Elbow.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Cobra and People's Elbow are ok finishes to matches because both Rock and Santino are outlandish characters in their own special way. On top of that, they're both theater.

Barrett, however, is neither theatrical nor outlandish. He can talk well, but his in-ring style is pretty straightforward and he's not very flashy in general. Also, Wasteland looks like it wouldn't hurt a 2 year old.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.

Height: 5' 11" Weight: 225 Goal: 200
  • AshcroftAshcroft I'm all about dem Yens, 'bout dem Yens No creditRegistered User regular
    I will not stand for this anti Wasteland nonsense. It's a perfectly fine move.

foxs1.png
    Honestly, the finisher I dislike the most right now is the Rough Ryder. As awesome as Zack Ryder is, I have never liked his finisher. I would normally complain about someone using a basic cross body as a finisher too, but when you're as large as The Funkasaurus, a basic cross body believably puts someone down for the count.

Rough Ryder is looking better now that Ryder remembers it's a leg lariat, not a flying teabag.

xcimt23.png
    My mind just went weird places at that comment. First, I thought that a flying teabag would have fit when he started in ECW pretty. Then I picture him yelling "Rough Ryder!", throwing a teabag at someone and watching them sell it like they got shot, and not at any point seeing that be out of character.

edited January 2012
    The best thing about Wasteland and Barret's gimmick in general is his subtle obsession with dystopia.

It's like he's looking forward to it.

PwnanObrien on
    s9QF1fK.png
    edited January 2012
    So the very last match at the ECW Arena sadly didn't live up to the hype. It was a DGUSA title match between Johnny Gargano and Ricochet and while the match was fine the fans turned on it by the end due to them being exhausted after 8 hours or wrestling. Can't say I blame them.

Edit: Oops, spoke too soon, the final ECW Arena match was Justin Credible vs. Sabu. It was really good despite my dislike for Credible.

wirehead26 on
    What is best in life?
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    The best thing about Wasteland and Barret's gimmick in general is his subtle obsession with dystopia.

It's like he's looking forward to it.

Yeah I like that too, especially because it is subtle. I wish there was more subtlety in wrestling. (Although over-the-top can be awesome in its own way. See: Clay, "Funkasaurus" Brodus.)

I like the Rough Ryder but I certainly can't argue that it looks like a devastating move. At least when delivered to anyone not Ziggler.

Ziggler should sell every finisher.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    5 second squash matches aren't going to help the Funkasaurus

Matches like the one with Hawkins help because it lets Clay show some personality with like "Should I get him" and such

more entertaining

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One Never let an alligator... Do your taxesRegistered User regular
    Now if the Funkasarus goes on a Samoa Joe undefeated streak with out even making a huge deal of it then we could have something. Next Wrestlemania they are talking who should take the belt and he is like...well since last year no one has beaten me....ooops my bad did I say that outloud?

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar I put my high heels on so I'm closer to god. The dance floorRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote:
    I will not stand for this anti Wasteland nonsense. It's a perfectly fine move.
    It's perfectly fine as a transition move, since it's basically the lucha equivalent of a bodyslam. As a credible finisher? I'm not so sure.

steam_sig.png
    360 Gamertag = Wraith134
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    Now if the Funkasarus goes on a Samoa Joe undefeated streak with out even making a huge deal of it then we could have something. Next Wrestlemania they are talking who should take the belt and he is like...well since last year no one has beaten me....ooops my bad did I say that outloud?

Watching that clip of him coming down to the ring and beating that guy in one move was enjoyable to me, because he looked like he was having a fantastic time. Almost reminded me of watching Foley during the Dude Love stuff.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    brodus is kind of surreal to watch because in comparison to the rest of the big men one the roster, he moves really well

it's like going back and watching young kane run around

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    remember pluto? Once a planet but now a pseudo
    funny how information changes the facts that you know
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also watching the show/bryan match, show actually sold the whole being distraught thing really well

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    remember pluto? Once a planet but now a pseudo
    funny how information changes the facts that you know
This discussion has been closed.