Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Star Trek Online] Boldly Going In Front Of Your Computer For Free!

12346»

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Just wanted to remind everyone that tonight we're gonna try a FA Zerg Run at 9PM-EST. That means packing the FA with 20 of us to run amok within and seeing which team's the most destructive via which one has the FA's First Place winner. The map we're going into is Starbase 24, the first FA available to all so even if you're new to the game you should be able to join in.

• CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hoping to be Captain by then

I'm having to repeat missions because these 'episodes' are starting to barely give me any XP. The only extra-episodic missions I seem to be able to find are fleet actions that take way more time than they're worth - or doing the player-created ones. Those are fun, but minimal XP gain.

Cogliostro on
    I wanna thank everyone that showed up for the first FA Zerg Run tonight and congratulate Burton and Kasper for taking First Place in the three runs we took at Starbase 24. Remember that winning first place for the first time nets you a special trophy for your ship's lounge/mess-hall.

Starbase_24_trophy.png

In other news, the upcoming Featured Series has been dated as starting on February 11 at 11AM-PST. The missions will come at a rate of one every Saturday with the last being on March 10. During the initial run of the story-arc (which is based on the Dominion), the missions' will offer special rewards that won't reappear once the series is done.

• thedude_frombaywatchthedude_frombaywatch Registered User regular
    Is there a minimum rank to join?

xbl tag: Dynamis King
    MineCraft: Menetherin
    Steam: Vloeza_SE++

• HullisHullis A ship is at risk..at every hour, minute, and second. That's where I come in.Registered User regular
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes new featured series yes yes yes

zt20k1s.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Registered User regular
    That's a pretty awesome trophy!

Steam 3DS 4012 4146 9468
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    ffffuck

I just learned how to autofire weapons after getting to level 50

Sending out a reminder that this week's Fleet-STF Run is for The Cure, the second STF released for the game. The Cure's kinda weird for me and probably for a lot of other players as it's Space portion is pretty doable with a PUG but the same can't be said for Ground. Written info with pics in the box.
    Spoiler:

For those who want to see what it's like in video form, I've sadly not found one that shows off either side as they are right now well enough but I did find one done in October as a speed run of the old version, made by the same guys who did the Infected speed-run I posted earlier.

I also found another STOked video which explains the current Cure about 6:30 into the video so between the two, you should get a good idea of what to do.

I'll try to host practice runs into both Space and Ground portions between now and Wednesday. Good things to bring along are a full stack or two of Large Hypos, ship and long-range ground weapons of the anti-Borg sort and a melee weapon if you want to give that a try. For sixty Encrypted Data Chips, you can also pick up Mark-X versions of the MACO, Omega Force, or Honor Guard ground-set, which comes with a couple of unlockable abilities including an instant-remodulator. While it's on a 10-second recharge, it immediately remodulates your ground-weapon without any build-up, increasing your DPS against the Borg substantially and thus making the Ground STFs a little easier.

• HullisHullis A ship is at risk..at every hour, minute, and second. That's where I come in.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Coming February 11th:

Hullis on
    zt20k1s.png
    edited February 2012
    Two items of note:

1) NEW FEATURED EP SATURDAY GUYS HOLY SHIT

2) The new Cardassian Lockboxes are out. They function similarly to Mann Co crates from TF2. but thanks to the Dilithium Exchange, it's entirely plausible to trade your Dilithium for C-store points and open them that way, so F2P players who are committed to not directly giving Cryptic money are still solid. There is a new exclusive ship inside, as well, the Cardie Galor class.

Hullis on
    zt20k1s.png
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh hey new episode today

that is why my new character I am trying to create bounces off the servers

3DS: 2337-4267-8661
12346»