Like games? Like booze (or not - that's fine too)? Like congregating with your fellow nerds and playing games while consuming booze (or other non-booze beverage)? Over 21? Then do I have an event for YOU!
That's right - in the finest tradition of last year's pre-pre-PAX East Tuesday night gaming gathering (as well as the monthly Boston-area gatherings), we will once again be getting together at J. J. Foley's (21 Kingston St. location - there are 2 locations, so make sure you go to the Kingston St. one, or you'll be a sad panda) to play games, drink booze, socialize, and nom. Juju will be talking to Papa Foley to reserve the back room for us, so there should be plenty of room to game in. Start time is 6:30, but if you get there earlier, nobody will shoot you for it. Just go to the back room, look for your fellow gamers, and start playing something. If you don't see any of them, then grab a drink and wait - we'll be there soon enough. Bring games if you want - if not, others most certainly will, so there will be no shortage of things to play. There will also probably be some handheld gaming going on, so bring your DS/PSP/Whatever if you want to play. I'll be taking game requests, and will try to bring the games that people want to play, so if there's anything you'd especially enjoy playing with your fellow PAXers, let me know below. Also, bring $$$ to purchase your drinks/food with, and perhaps some extra to donate to Child's Play.
Also, if you plan on attending, please post a reply, so we can get a rough headcount to give to Papa Foley. Feel free to request games when you do.
* Who: You and your closest gaming friends, if you (and they) are over 21.
* Where: J.J. Foley's at 21 Kingston St.
* When: Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012, 6:30PM
* What: Gaming. And drinking, if you're into that sort of thing.
* Why: Because we can. Oh, and it was a lot of fun last year. And every month since.
* The 21 age limit is because this is a bar - they WILL card at the door, so make sure you have the appropriate ID
* They have decent pub food there, but it does cost money (as do the drinks) - plan accordingly
* As much as your fellow gamers love you, we don't want to have to carry you home, hold your hair back while you yarf, or read about you as a statistic the next day, so plan accordingly - don't drink TOO much, and make sure you have transportation plans to get back to wherever you're staying.
* Reply if you're coming for headcount purposes.
* FaceBook event here