Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Face Off: It's like "Top Cook" only with slightly more zombies

see317see317 Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
SyFy had the premier episode of the new season of Face Off on last night.

The challenge was to reinterpret four of the characters from Wizard of OZ (Tin woodsman, Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion and the Wicked Witch). I enjoyed it personally, but then I'm a big fan of practical special effects rather then wrapping an actor in green spandex and replacing him with a CGI puppet later. Don't get me wrong, the CGI puppet thing can work if it's done well (see Gollum), but it's rarely done well.
The take on Scarecrow that won was creepy and really impressive.

Link to photos for the first episode
Women's Team:
s02_sc0201_03___CC___685x386.jpg
(the back of the head on the scarecrow is kind of falling off in this shot, it looked much better originally with feathers and sticks and stuff sticking straight out the back rather then resting on the shoulders)

Guy's team:
s02_sc0201_04___CC___685x386.jpg
Showcasing awesome photography skills by photographing the witch (clad almost entirely in black with a black wig) against a black background

Guys lost, and the dude responsible for chest bits on their Tin Woodsman got sent home.

see317 on
Ringo wrote: »
Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.