As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Grab a big bag of Cheetos and some 'Dew on the way over, it's the [Tabletop Games Thread]

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    eladrin would probably be trance more then elves, elves should be more like, ocean sounds.

fuckin' hippies.

phish and acid rock

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    eladrin would probably be trance more then elves, elves should be more like, ocean sounds.

fuckin' hippies.

Elf music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYc_MBjxAL8

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My argument for Elves being 80's glam pop/hair metal.

randy_elf_god_det01.jpgemvideo-youtube-zJv5qLsLYoo_1.jpg481115.jpg?2

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    This is my ideal representation of Elves in a campaign setting like Straightzi's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjrImkXv6E

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i don't know, doesn't really mesh with wood elf.

Might in 3.x but since everything thusfar suggests 4e, doesn't have the same flavouring behind it. eladrin took most of those aspects of elves.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    There is a pile in the dorms where people put junk they found hoping other people would want it called the mansei pile. Guess what I found in the mansei pile.
    QW9uV.jpg

I don't think anyone around here wants to play, but it's pretty hilarious reading through the monster manual and finding 80's art depictions of posing muscle models with elephant heads.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    WELL I GUESS I AM THE FOOL HERE!?!?!

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The forces that shaped the universe, the world, have always been there, the underlying rhythm and heartbeat of existance; however their secrets were not harnessed for many an age.

Even from the earliest darkness, it found ways to escape into the world: on the shriek of the wind in a howling hurricane; the rumble below the mountain that builds up to crescendo; the deafening thump of a heartbeat that fills your ears after escaping a the jaws of death.

A force of nature, as much a part of shping as earth or wind or fire, yet none of these. It was without name or shape, only utilised in the most basic, rudimentary ways by the few tribal shamen who could call upon it with their wild ways.

It was not until the coming of the Johanns that the mortals learned to harness its powers, using it to spark the age of knowledge, bringing the mortal races out of the darkness and into the light. For the first time, we could truly see and understand the world, express our thoughts and desires, shape existence to our will. The Symphony of Johanns used this power to erect the first great empires, founding the the ways of civilisations and shaping history for all that followed after.

The Johanns named the power mujiik (or musik, or majik, or one of a hundred variations, depending on how you heard the tale; after all, mujiik tells us that no two performances are ever the same).

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I mostly agree with Zon

I want the punk tieflings though

I might switch devas/aasimars to something else, I was aiming for rock-ish stuff for everything

I want elves to be glam and a lot of what they came from, the eladrin, the wilden, and the fae, to be weird experimental music. Post modernism, art rock, psychodelia. Glam is significantly more mainstream than all that, but def connected. For glam metal, if the standard enemy of the game (orcs) get to be metal, drow get to be glam metal. And with David Bowie as lord of the elves, for obvious reasons, goblins have to associate with elves as well.

• Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    There is a pile in the dorms where people put junk they found hoping other people would want it called the mansei pile. Guess what I found in the mansei pile.
    QW9uV.jpg

I don't think anyone around here wants to play, but it's pretty hilarious reading through the monster manual and finding 80's art depictions of posing muscle models with elephant heads.

Oh my god i want it.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I am, notably, focusing on rock and roll

With humans as the primary race being rock and pop, I want to center around them as best as possible

• Options
    That does mean that our great legendary king is Elvis, and he is credited with starting the modern age

Classical musicians may be gods or something

I have not really considered divinity

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Welcome to Suffragette City, city beneath the stars and origin point of the Velvet Underground, the trade route to Deep Purple mines.

• Options
    He might be around

Nobody knows

Nobody knows much about him, not even his race

Humans, minotaurs, halflings, and dwarves all make claims to him being of their people

• Options
    Have Elvis be a legendary musician who, mysteriously, was elevated to divinity and thus is no longer around.

• Options
    Fishman wrote: »
    Welcome to Suffragette City, city beneath the stars and origin point of the Velvet Underground, the trade route to Deep Purple mines.

This is exactly the reason for all of this

The Stardust King, from his throne in Sufragette, demanding the head of the disco king.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    cooverwolvmercury.jpg

• Options
    Queuing up Ziggy Stardust on my iPod now.

• Options
    You could have Prince be well... Royalty to some kingdom.

• Options
    Imagine the soundtracks to these sessions

Fighting through the hordes of hell seeking the dark warlock Johnny the Rotten

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    QW9uV.jpg

Oh my god i want it.

I managed to track down a few scans of monsters in this thing. Most are spoiled due to naked women with conveniently hidden nipples and other more interesting features. And a Rhinoman for the ladies.

HYrRm.jpg
    pev9T.jpg?1
    MNcRx.jpg?1

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    if i give you money, will you send me this?

• Options
    That rhinoman is making me question things deep inside.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I think Half Orcs would be country. They seem like folks that are down on their luck with the world spitting on em', but hell, a beer would make it alright. Plus they can rock a stetson and ropers.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    See, when I envision Dwarves I hear this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1KtScrqtbc

• Options
    Dammit, apparently my recent post disparaging the state of local gaming retail stores was annoyingly prescient. I just went on a lunchtime walk down to the city gamestore, only to find myself in the final hours of a going-out-of-business closing down sale.

So tomorrow, once again, the city will be reduced to a single rather small Games Workshop store, a handful of second hand bookshops and comic book stores trying to offload 3ed stock, and that one toystore that thinks that putting Settlers of Catan next to the 20 different versions of Monopoly and Risk makes it progressive.

I hate it that this city can only seem to support a single games store for 6 years before it goes out of business, followed by several years of nothing. Oh well, at least this time I have internet reviews and online stores; I can't tell you how bloody annoying it was to try and buy dice in the mid 90's.

• Options
    Dammit, apparently my recent post disparaging the state of local gaming retail stores was annoyingly prescient. I just went on a lunchtime walk down to the city gamestore, only to find myself in the final hours of a going-out-of-business closing down sale.

So tomorrow, once again, the city will be reduced to a single rather small Games Workshop store, a handful of second hand bookshops and comic book stores trying to offload 3ed stock, and that one toystore that thinks that putting Settlers of Catan next to the 20 different versions of Monopoly and Risk makes it progressive.

I hate it that this city can only seem to support a single games store for 6 years before it goes out of business, followed by several years of nothing. Oh well, at least this time I have internet reviews and online stores; I can't tell you how bloody annoying it was to try and buy dice in the mid 90's.

So what you are saying is i should move in and and open a game store?

I smell a sit com!

• Options
    I'm trying to figure out what I want goblins to be, if anything

They're currently a slave race to the elves, possibly descended from fae as well, which gives a neat seelie unseelie duality and allows Bowie to still be the Goblin King

But they currently have no music associated with them

I can't really think of the gritty undercurrent of glam

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Maybe they're... roadies?

• Options
    I almost want to make them punk instead

It gives them a nice fight the power thing, they live in gutters and climb all over each other and fight for fun

But demonic punk is so nice

And I like demonic orcs for hardcore

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure there is only one dnd styled store in Perth. A couple of war hammer ones and two comic stores.

I'm pretty sure the dnd store survives because they own their actual ground and have done since like the 80's or something as its in the middle of the city.

• Options

I smell a sit com!

Black Dragon Books: like Black Books, but with sad geeks instead of alcoholics.

• Options

I smell a sit com!

Black Dragon Books: like Black Books, but with sad geeks instead of alcoholics.

I like it!

Let's start to work on this and then in a few weeks forget about it completely.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Fishman who says you can't be a sad nerd and an alcoholic?

Blake T on
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Straightzi is anyone techno in this yet? I'm not familiar with bowie, but would putting goblins as techno work? Or some other variation of electronic music?

Maybe the elves keep the goblins enslaved through hedonism instead of brute force?

Label on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, I am now excited about getting the gang back together.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Man, I am now excited about getting the gang back together.

yeah, but the experiment of can expressing interest net us a DM is failing.

I can't for th elife of me work maptools, gatsby is busy, you lack confidence, and so on.

• Options
    If I was DM I would turn you all into goats every time you kill something.

You are now a goat, plus three to charisma.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    Straightzi is anyone techno in this yet? I'm not familiar with bowie, but would putting goblins as techno work? Or some other variation of electronic music?

Maybe the elves keep the goblins enslaved through hedonism instead of brute force?

Agree with techno

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Label wrote: »

Agree with techno

The Glitch Moblin

IKknkhU.gif
This discussion has been closed.