As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Grab a big bag of Cheetos and some 'Dew on the way over, it's the [Tabletop Games Thread]

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    If I was DM I would turn you all into goats every time you kill something.

You are now a goat, plus three to charisma.

suddenly the time i saw viv talking about buying a goat costume makes a sick amount of sense.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Your cheese is now resistant to melding melting.

Blake T on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Techno and electronica are decidedly warforged territory. So unless I have the goblins having invented the warforged... Which is not a half bad solution, honestly.

Or I could ditch warforged, but I mean. Daft Punk warforged.

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Wait, if Bowie is gonna be the goblin king, why aren't the goblins doing prog rock? Too close to the other rock stylings?

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Because Bowie is glam?

I might be the worst person ever and give the goblins disco

Or if I could find a way to distinguish club music as its own thing, maybe that, but it is really kind of a medley of like, pop, hip hop, and electronic.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Alternate history where Disco took off and Rock and Roll is dead.

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Disco is dead.

They murdered him, and they are not sorry

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Man, I am now excited about getting the gang back together.

yeah, but the experiment of can expressing interest net us a DM is failing.

I can't for th elife of me work maptools, gatsby is busy, you lack confidence, and so on.

You may not be able to remember, but I can barely work maptools as a player.

I'm not sure if I still want to do the four human kingdoms based on the Beatles now that humanity is more pop than anything

But I can't give up Mad Empress Ono

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Man, I am now excited about getting the gang back together.

yeah, but the experiment of can expressing interest net us a DM is failing.

I can't for th elife of me work maptools, gatsby is busy, you lack confidence, and so on.

You may not be able to remember, but I can barely work maptools as a player.

you did know how to use a microphone though. something over gatsby and zandracon.

Alright, the only two genres I have left in my massive list are industrial and reggae, and the only races I have are githzerai, thri-kreen, and shardminds

Any suggestions as to which goes where?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Githzerai could be reggae if you flavor it right.

Just make them sail the Astral plains on islands of mini-Jamaica.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    thri-kreen are reggae and githzerai are industral

clearly

edited April 2012
    A fight!

Also, this is everything else:
    Punk- Tiefling
    Blues- Dwarves
    Avant-Garde/Pomo/Art- Eladrin
    Glam- Elves
    House- Goblins
    Glam Metal- Drow
    Metal- Orcs, Ogres, Giants, etc
    Folk- Halflings
    R&B/Rap- Dragonborn
    Jazz- Gnomes
    Pop- Human
    Trance- Kalashtar
    Techno- Warforged
    Grunge- Mul
    Funk- Goliath
    Country- Minotaur
    Indie- Genasi
    Psychodelia- Wilden
    Rockabilly- Shifters
    Ambience/Elevator- Devas
    Cover- Changelings

Straightzi on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    shardminds as reggae could be fun

i just can't get over the idea of rasta bugs

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    DnD fight!!!!!!!

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    those are both terrible suggestions

githzerai would obviously be new age

Shardmind as Industrial
    Thri-Kreen as Reggae
    Githzerai as New Age

???

• kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Shardmind as Industrial
    Thri-Kreen as Reggae
    Githzerai as New Age

???

I like this plan.

And now to figure out the class of every major musician for the past sixty years

Hint: it's not always bard

Make Johhny the Black a demon hunter!

I've been thinking avenger, for him.

Remember I am working with fourth edition here.

But avengers are effectively demon hunters.

I guess I need gods too at some point. I mean the obvious choice is each race has a god it worships representing the musical style in some way, but that is kind of boring. I could also go with no gods, only deified great heroes, which allows me to keep certain folks still in the game.

I've been thinking avenger, for him.

Remember I am working with fourth edition here.

But avengers are effectively demon hunters.

Oh, I was just saying conceptually.

And now to figure out the class of every major musician for the past sixty years

What class do you think Nick Cave is?

kaorti wrote: »

What class do you think Nick Cave is?

I don't even know what fucking race Nick Cave is

I'm gonna go with Dwarven Invoker with some demonic heritage

Sir William Idol, a tiefling warlord raised within the deeper reaches of Sufragette City.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

I have no idea what is going on, but rasta bugs sound wonderful

VRXwDW7.png
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »

I have no idea what is going on, but rasta bugs sound wonderful

I'm building a campaign setting loosely based around the history of rock and roll

Genres fall in line with races and bands with adventuring parties

Many famous artists are either monarchs or have been deified

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    please tell me there will be jokes about ludicrously esoteric genres

that is a thing that needs to happen

Yes

There are also all changeling/doppelganger "cover bands"

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Filk cultists, booty bass barbarians, etc.

Thomas Petty- A human ranger who frequentlt travels with an extremely varied band of people, including a dwarf, a minotaur, and a halfling. While not a formal ruler in any sense, his caravan frequently serves as a travelling city in its own right.

What are you thinking for Alice Cooper?

I think he'd be an awesome npc/element in this?

Oh shit Alice Cooper would be good.

Half-orc is solidly hard rock, not sure what class though. Maybe like, warden.

Maybe even bard.

One of the few members of the orckind hordes who actually settled, currently occupying a sprawling castle complex.

Probably a bard, given his radio show

Decidedly apolitical, very well defended

Occasionally can be persuaded to advise, but rarely to actively lift a finger

Two humans are currently having a massive magical feud

Lady G, of an aristocrastic family, trained in the arts of wizardry

And Kegpha, the young upstart sorceress, who some say sold her soul to Hell itself

Adventure seed:

A powerful queen is building a stairway to heaven. If she completes it, she'll become mistress of the universe.

Mad Empress Ono strikes again!

I promise she isn't going to be the villain I use every time

Actually I guess it will depend mostly on party makeup

I want an all dragonborn party that just goes on wacky rapventures

This discussion has been closed.