As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    Job get! I just got an offer letter after two interviews with The O'Gara Group in Cincinnati! Web and print design. http://www.ogaragroup.com/ They are a defence contract company so that is probably all I can really say about the work.

Grats Mr. Cracker!

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Awesome! Can you hook me up with some sweet guns? Like guns that shoot ninja stars?

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Tam wrote: »
    I am now officially 23!
    I am Prime!

HOLY SHIT I'M OLDER THAN YOU?

Haha! You're moldy and rotten!

• Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Grifter wrote: »
    Awesome! Can you hook me up with some sweet guns? Like guns that shoot ninjas?

fixed that for you.

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Oh my God. CS6 is fantastic. So fast, so smooth, so many changes to shit I actually use. I am gonna be very sad when I can't afford this and have to revert to an older one. :(

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    I am now officially 23!
    I am Prime!

What happened to being dead?

Why were you awake before me dammit lol.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    I am now officially 23!
    I am Prime!

Don't worry. DMAC is still older than all of us.

• Options
    PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    Hey, Jon. I think I ran into you wifes Deviant art account, shes a fantastic artist!!!

Ahhh! Yes, she is. She completely annihilates me with portrait work. She majored in illustration at SCAD, and she's only just been getting into cartooning since she met me. Girl's got some serious art skills.

So I just submitted my first Kickstarter project for review. Should take a couple days for them to get back about it before I can officially launch it. So excited right now I can barely sit still.

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ham and cheese waffles.

You're all welcome.

This isn't gross, it's goddamn delicious.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Grifter wrote: »
    I am now officially 23!
    I am Prime!

Don't worry. DMAC is still older than all of us.

but not necessarily by much.

• Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So I've got a question since I don't hit AC much: Is there anywhere I can reasonably ask for help with a rough concept? I'm working on something in Minecraft, of all things, and I know from past experience I have a much easier time building with a clear image in my head. Usually I'll sit down with a tablet and butcher something out until I have a rough idea of what I want to do, but I am having trouble doing even that right now. I'm trying to figure out the general layout and aesthetic of a place I'm trying to build ingame, and I kind've wanted to solicit ideas to see if that could get the ball rolling again for me, but I don't know if there's anywhere in AC that'd be an appropriate venue to talk about this. I don't want to get shot out of a cannon. :(

Ein on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ohhhh man. The Peter & Company pilot episode Kickstarter is up and running. That got approved a LOT faster than I had anticipated! Got two months to get up the donations to make it happen. Oh man oh man oh man.

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Adobe release CS versions too regularly, add in what they charge for it and it's no wonder they have issues with piracy.

• Options
    Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    I get a free copy of the entire Creative Suite through school. I guess I don't mind so much.

There was something important here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Ohhhh man. The Peter & Company pilot episode Kickstarter is up and running. That got approved a LOT faster than I had anticipated! Got two months to get up the donations to make it happen. Oh man oh man oh man.

Wow, would it really cost 10 grand? Seems like a lot.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah if you're in school, get in on that shit

• Options
    they had a sale on where you could get the entire cs extended suite for like $100

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    I am now officially 23!
    I am Prime!

Well it's only a two-month difference.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ein wrote: »
    So I've got a question since I don't hit AC much: Is there anywhere I can reasonably ask for help with a rough concept? I'm working on something in Minecraft, of all things, and I know from past experience I have a much easier time building with a clear image in my head. Usually I'll sit down with a tablet and butcher something out until I have a rough idea of what I want to do, but I am having trouble doing even that right now. I'm trying to figure out the general layout and aesthetic of a place I'm trying to build ingame, and I kind've wanted to solicit ideas to see if that could get the ball rolling again for me, but I don't know if there's anywhere in AC that'd be an appropriate venue to talk about this. I don't want to get shot out of a cannon. :(

You can ask in here, in the doodle thread, or if (and only if) you have some kind of concept actually drawn then you could try starting your own thread.

• Options

Wow, would it really cost 10 grand? Seems like a lot.

Yep, that's the quote from the animation studio. Covers cost of production, payment for voice actors, and all preparations/costs for pitching the pilot to animation studios afterwards. Another pilot episode project on Kickstarter recently listed a $100K budget, and they managed to get fully-funded.

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    I am now officially 23!
    I am Prime!

Well it's only a two-month difference.

neener

fuckin

neener

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    I get a free copy of the entire Creative Suite through school. I guess I don't mind so much.

Lucky! That would cost me almost 3 grand :(

On a lighter note, I finally get my advanced free copy of Colors 3DS tomorrow! :o

• Options
    So, I beat Mass Effect 3, and I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Completely off topic, but I just read this in another thread and thought it was kinda funny:
    According to Kinokuniya statistics recently highlighted by NHK, One Piece reader demographics are almost 90% adult, and a majority of those are past 30:

1-12 – 3.0%
    13-18 – 10.5%
    19-29 – 37.4%
    30-49 – 36.9%
    50+ – 12.2%

:shock:

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Daaang, you guys. I've heard that there were studies done about how when people lose weight (after being a certain weight for awhile, or something) their bodies pump up the "hunger" response to try and get them back to the weight they were previously.

I don't know if this is at all related, but I've noticed for the past couple of months that I'll have a random day once in awhile where I feel like dammit, I just cannot stop eating. I'm not necessarily super hungry...I'm not malnourished or anything, I just have a huge urge to eat.

It hasn't really seemed to affect me or my weight at all though, so...I guess it's okay? This is just really unusual for me to feel that "OMG EAT STUFF" urge so strongly for an entire day, randomly.

And I've been losing weight healthily... (about 23 lbs. down now, WOOO!!)...and gaining muscle in the process, and I've been really happy with the results. Is...is this just what happens?? I've never been this dedicated/successful at gettin' healthier, so I dunno. I guess when you're keeping a consistent slight calorie deficit your body at some point is like "WTF" and makes you eat a lot?....*shrug*

NightDragon on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Yeah I've had that too, recently.

I started a job doing bicycle deliveries recently, where I bike about 2 hours a day, and I've gained about a pound

because I basically want to eat all the time. It's never happened to me before.

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Conversely, I know a gal who is really short and skinny and has trouble gaining weight no matter how much she eats.

Bodies are weird!

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Bodies are indeed weird!

I'm glad I'm getting better at figurin' it out, though. I guess I'll keep allowing myself these luxurious "eat a house" days, as long as they remain infrequent and apparently harmless!

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Just keep an eye on your calorie intake vs calories burned and you should be fine :)

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    I have that "have to eat" feeling all the time, but I don't give in because I can't afford to eat as much as I want to. I will be so fat if I ever get a steady job.

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    I've heard a lot about being healthy vs trying to lose unrealistic amounts of weight - there's nothing wrong with losing weight, but getting in shape and just generally taking care of yourself is more important. Apparently people will lose and gain weight over and over because their body is trying to maintain its own balance. So dieting for a while might work, but once you stop your appetite will slingshot and sort of over extend into eating all the food you've been depriving yourself of. Hence why healthy lifestyles (constant) are so much better than dieting (temporary).

I've actually noticed that my appetite has been dwindling lately, despite being more active. I'll make it through most of the day and suddenly realize I haven't eaten anything. I'm just thirsty all the time!

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Avraham wrote: »
    Conversely, I know a gal who is really short and skinny and has trouble gaining weight no matter how much she eats.

Bodies are weird!

Same for me, Im not tiny or anything, I have a nice bone structure, like broad shoulders, a decently sized torax... but Im just on my bones, and you wouldnt belive the ammount of junk food I eat, aside from regular meals, and I CANT gain weight... its probably for the best, since I dont do any sports, I would just gain weight on my belly.... not sexy at all.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    put me in the "can't gain weight" side. First world problems...

I just have the metabolism of a jack russel terrier. The only time I run into trouble is when I get a migraine and vomit up a meal and then miss two more meals because I can't bring myself to eat. Then I end up dropping ten pounds in one day and my pants won't fit for a week or two.

I am 29 and my metabolism is slowing down a tad, but not by much.

• Options
    GolemGolem of Sand Saint Joseph, MORegistered User regular
    wow I hate you broke, I used to have a metabolism like that, when I was 16. When I hit 21 my metabolism stopped like it just turned into a brick wall. >.<

• Options
    mine has finally slowed down enough at 28 that I can actually put on weight

for the longest time I was stuck at 6 feet tall and like... 135 pounds

• Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    Looks like moving to Austin is paying off quickly.

Been here like two weeks and I've already picked up some steady freelance gigs. I should have a job interview soon as well. But the company has been slow to respond, so we'll see how that ends up going.

I also got my bike up and running, which is awesome because I'm biking distance to downtown and like a thousands bars/restaurants.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    I gained 10lbs after I got married, then I got stuck at 125. If I got up to 130, i'd be stoked!

Also, my company has decided to relieve another round of employees from their duties. It seems my boss was one of them, and while I'm happy that I still have my job, I'm really sad for all the people that are being let go. This is a depressing day.

• Options
    Just heard news about my complaint against my former employer in Bermuda. Looks like my case has hit a rather large wall. I'm hoping that one of my former co-workers will provide me with some information to help my case but I really don't know what's going to happen next. I feel like these guys have taken my life away from me at this point. All I really want is a bit of justice.

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Bah, maybe I should become a hit man. That could be my first job Grifter, I'd do it for free to get recommendations. Hey look the FBI is here.

On weight - I'm heavier than I've ever been. I literally had no time with my job though, now that I've quit it's time to get in shape and find a job (my last one basically paid less than minimum wage and had me working 12 hour days. I've never had trouble keeping my weight down, but about 3 months of not working out at all, besides a few pushups and situps here and there, will do that to you.

• Options
    I need to get back into shape. I'm pretty heavy. I was around 190 lbs when I left Bermuda. I'm probably heavier now that I have easy access to fast food. Time to start packing sandwiches to the office and working out in my building's gym.

This discussion has been closed.