As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Mhhmm... being friendzoned is definitely a dead end. But having female friends is a good investment, since you probably get to know her friends, AND you can get some intel firsthand.
    And of course you also get all the other benefits from a regular friend as well.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    None of my female friends like my pre press jokes... Guys on the other hand... Hate them too.

what would a pre-press joke be ?

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
    They're kinda violent, there's lots of trapping, chocking and bleeding involved.

Could you illustrate an example? because like that it sounds more like a kidnapping attempt.

• squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    They're kinda violent, there's lots of trapping, chocking and bleeding involved.

:D

header_image_sm.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Flay wrote: »
    Grifter wrote: »
    Guys, you need to check out incredibox.

www.incredibox.fr

That's pretty neat.

By the way, I started up a boring blog for my web-design class and now I'm on tumblr. Are there any decent places out there for art/design inspiration?

http://bestwebgallery.com/

http://www.awwwards.com/

Both feature some really pretty sites and update a few times a week.

• Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    Been reading a LOT of news lately and between the Trayvon Martin insanity and Medicare madness and and and ... I'm not sure whether I want to kill myself or everyone else but I'm reasonably certain that if the Russians get their Zombie Gun fully operational I'm buying a passport.

Instagram: fadedsneakers
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    My favourite Cunninlynguists thing is still probably 616 Rewind.
    Yeah, that's one of my favorites as well, also Old School - pretty similar style of songs actually.

And how do you mean Napp?

I'm not sure how to describe it, but Kno' voice just lacks that kind of punch I really like. It makes some of the lines he says seem silly or grating, especially on his solo effort.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My wife and I learned an important lesson this past weekend. Even at an anime con with an attendance of ~15,000 people it's not guaranteed that we'll do well selling our webcomic products when they're not anime.

: (

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    Kno's production is so on point it might make his delivery sound underwhelming by comparison, but it's still fine in my books.

I didn't find as many favourites off Oneirology, but I probably owe it another listen by now, in which I'll probably discover more. Southernunderground and Will Rap For Food boast my most repeatedly played tracks, even accomodating for the extra years they've had.

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
    That was the joke... :(
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    Could you illustrate an example? because like that it sounds more like a kidnapping attempt.

Those are all printing terms. That's the joke... I never said it was a good joke...

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Have any of you watched The Pitch? Talk about giving advertising an even worse name (who thought that was even possible?). It's so goddamn bad... I just can't get over it. And that these people make money ARRGGGGGH *foaming at the mouth*
    Kno's production is so on point it might make his delivery sound underwhelming by comparison, but it's still fine in my books.

I didn't find as many favourites off Oneirology, but I probably owe it another listen by now, in which I'll probably discover more. Southernunderground and Will Rap For Food boast my most repeatedly played tracks, even accomodating for the extra years they've had.

Yeah, after listening to it a few times I've only got about 3 or 4 tracks that I'm really into on Oneirology. But, it's still a Cd I can listen to from start to finish and enjoy.

And I can understand what you're saying Napp, Kno raps a little more mellow than "hard hitting". But I kinda enjoy that depending on my mood.

Prospicience on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    I actually really dig Death is Silent. I think it's a really good album. I think Graveyard is my favourite track on that one.

Have any of you watched The Pitch? Talk about giving advertising an even worse name (who thought that was even possible?). It's so goddamn bad... I just can't get over it. And that these people make money ARRGGGGGH *foaming at the mouth*

Dude, you have to ALWAYS remember, that there is at least one person who has a more "elite" taste than you, and he think that, whatever you consume is worthless. So dont foam at the mouth, save your valuable liquids to wet your lips and whistle a tune you like, and dont let other peoples diferent taste (we can say bad taste) get in the way of your happiness.

• NicNic Registered User regular
    Those are all printing terms. That's the joke... I never said it was a good joke...

Well I like them, MT, although my sense of humour is dubious (see previous page)

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Well, I didn't get the job.

Great.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Well, I didn't get the job.

Great.

The bank job? That sucks DDV, sorry to hear that

are YOU on the beer list?
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I'm not surprised. I really didn't feel like I gave a good interview. But I guess I still hoped?

And all of a sudden, there's that shitty feeling again.

Yeah, after listening to it a few times I've only got about 3 or 4 tracks that I'm really into on Oneirology. But, it's still a Cd I can listen to from start to finish and enjoy.

And I can understand what you're saying Napp, Kno raps a little more mellow than "hard hitting". But I kinda enjoy that depending on my mood.

Yeah. I mean, his style is totally fine when the music doesn't call for something hard hitting. But some stuff he tries to do does- the big offender, for me is the middle of "I wish I were Dead" where he (or the character) wakes up in the hospital and gets shot by his girlfriend. The delivery just... really grates on me. After that, I picked up on it elsewhere and it's one of those things that I cannot unhear.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    What the fuck, no one told me about moon walking forklifts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjcyHicm3NA

DDV: I wish I could hug you over the internet.

Hah, I'll have to check that out. I don't really know if what I listen to is that hard...

Mostly, I love The Roots (Do You Want More??!?!, Undun, How I Got Over, Rising Down, and Game Theory) and Aesop Rock (Labor Days, Bazooka Tooth, None Shall Pass).

I haven't found that much hip hop that I really really love.

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Iruka wrote: »

I saw them using one of those on Mythbusters the other night. I just thought it had special tires for some reason, didn't know it could do rad dance moves.

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »

Dude, you have to ALWAYS remember, that there is at least one person who has a more "elite" taste than you, and he think that, whatever you consume is worthless. So dont foam at the mouth, save your valuable liquids to wet your lips and whistle a tune you like, and dont let other peoples diferent taste (we can say bad taste) get in the way of your happiness.

Haha yeah I know, thanks for the look outs. Wasn't actually frothing at the mouth or really that upset. And it's for TV so there's that too.

I shall check thems' list out Trip.

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    DMAC wrote: »
    Iruka wrote: »

I saw them using one of those on Mythbusters the other night. I just thought it had special tires for some reason, didn't know it could do rad dance moves.

Its a cool/smart design, I wonder if it has other applications. It would make parallel parking way more simple.

• SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Man, waiting to bum internet from the library and I miss all the good topics of conversation! Merrrrrr

I miss you guys! I feel like I'm just as far away from you all as I do my friends back home, since I don't have regular access to internet. :(
    But I'll tell you what: it's forced me to be more social and budget my time better.

Also every time I hang out with my new comic-shop-girl friend I feel like I might be hanging out with MD in disguise, for some reason...

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular

lol forever

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Flay wrote: »
    By the way, I started up a boring blog for my web-design class and now I'm on tumblr. Are there any decent places out there for art/design inspiration?

Whats your tumblr? and i find alot of my typographic inspiration on tumblr.

• .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    Oh, the stuff I posted is only for if you're on that thug shit. Avoid otherwise!

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    So it looks like I'm gettin' me one of those fancy root canals that are all the rage.

Which sounds like a not fun time, but I'm just looking forward to being able to chew with the left side of my mouth again without suffering a ton of pain.

• Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    They're not nearly as bad as they sound. It's only the initial injection that's uncomfortable.

There was something important here. It's gone now.
    Can't possibly be as uncomfortable as the last filling I had done with no anesthetic. It was like I could actually feel my nerve endings being wrapped around the bit of the drill. D:

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Good news! Not an infection!

It was some sorta really gross thing that I've forcibly removed and nuked from orbit.

Just to be sure.
    Can't possibly be as uncomfortable as the last filling I had done with no anesthetic. It was like I could actually feel my nerve endings being wrapped around the bit of the drill. D:
    Why would they do that without anesthetic?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Why would they do that without anesthetic?

Well, I had a bunch of (I would guess, much smaller, less significant) cavities when I was a kid and I don't recall ever getting anesthetic for any of those...I mean, they weren't any fun, but they didn't burn in to my head an image of unbelievable pain either.

So when the dentist asked if I wanted to get a numbing shot or not, I said no, because I was confused because I thought it would be the same deal as before (and I am total puss and shots scare me). To be honest, I think he could have done a much better job explaining that this time was a hugely different scenario in terms of pain.

Lesson learned, will be taking whatever anesthetics are offered from now on. I just there were an option for these services to just have someone chloroform rag or tranquilizer dart me walking through the parking lot, and I just wake up 2 hours later in my car with a fixed mouth and a bill pinned to my shirt.

that

that is horrifying

I plan on going under if possible during any surgery ever.

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    I was going to suggest horrible Titanic II movie posters as the next Art Challenge, until I realised that it's an actual movie that somebody made.

edited April 2012
    There's also Titanic Rises. (Apparently it is actually called Raise the Titanic. My title is much more cool.)

Which I'm sure is equally horrible.

Nappuccino on

Nappuccino wrote: »
    There's also Titanic Rises.

Which I'm sure is equally horrible.

Well they've got to be better than Revenge of the Titanic... which is the one where the ship comes back to life using a magical amulet, and uses its new undead zombie ship powers to just plow into and destroy icebergs for the next 2 1/2 hours.

Sure, the latter half picks up when Roald Amundsen has to form an uneasy alliance with a ragtag bunch of refugee'd polar bears in order to stop the Titanic before it can destroy the Arctic polar ice cap, but by then you've already lost interest.

edited April 2012
    Nappuccino on

This discussion has been closed.