As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IC Star Wars Saga Jabba's Palace- Jabba's Palace

SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Critical Failures
mos-eisley.jpg

The twin suns of Tatooine blazed in the sky above Mos Eisley.

A collection of merchants, murderers, and tourists that could be found no where else in the galaxy flooded the streets of the largest spaceport on the planet in spite of the deadly heat.

A ronto with a Jawa perched atop it's back was dragging a cart filled to bursting with droid parts down the dusty street. When a airspeeder rounded the corner and flew past the ronto the beast reared up on it's hind legs letting out a terrified roar. It's Jawa rider toppled off of the ronto and landed in a heap on the street. The Jawa shook his tiny fist at the airspeeder and began shouting in the strange Jawa trad language.

Two stormtroopers mounted on dewbacks marched past the Chalmun's Cantina without giving it so much as glance. The enormous reptiles sniffed lazily with each step they took. Lively music coming from inside the cantina echoed out into the street.

Inside the relief from the roaring heat of the desert atmosphere was minor but refrshing. A large central bar took up a great deal of space leaving room for a few scattered table and booths. The usually lively atmosphere of Chalmun's was very subdued today. Chalmun, the enormous Wookie who ownned the cantina, was serving out drinks to the few customers at the bar with obvious difficulty. He pushed a steaming glass of purple liquid to a Chadra-Fan who took it eagerly. Five Bith armed with instruments were filling the room with upbeat music.

Most of the tables and booths were unoccupied. Apparently the inexperience of the Wookie behind the bar had managed to drive off most of the customers. An Ithorian was dozing at one of the tables, his large head resting next to several empty glasses.

In the far corner a dark skinned man wearing clothes worth a Hutt's ransom was sitting in a booth listening to the band. He was tossing cards onto the table in front of him while he conversed with the nervous looking Wookie standing next to him. The Wookie seemed to be ignoring his talkative companion as much as possible. He kept his attention fixed on the entrance to the cantina and he scrutinzed each person who stepped inside.

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
GM of Dresden Files Low Life
GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
GM of Wyvern Watch
Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
Sakutian on

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    A Togruta pads into the cantina, taking stock of the patrons therein. He wears a cloak draped loosely about him, but clasped tightly so it looks like a poncho. He pulls a pair of goggles up from his eyes to his forehead as he makes his way through the press of beings towards the bar to get a drink. Just another speeder-jockey trying to get something cool between runs.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Sitting to one end of the bar a hooded figure sits finishing off a glass a brown liqueur. "Nother Whiskey Chalmun." Pushing the finished glass back toward him. As she pushes the glass forward part of her hood slips back to show tinted out goggles. Her outfit, what could be seen at any rate under her cloak were well maintained if inexpensive.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Symon Istani chuckles at the hapless Jawa chittering away and shaking his tiny fist in anger. Mos Eisley was a hole at the ass end of space, and the antics of the Jawa were the brightest thing Symon had seen since landing the day before yesterday, other than the suns. Symon didn't really know what was going on, but this heat was getting to him. And there were Stormtroopers headed his way mounted on lizards. He hoped this cantina was climate controlled.

For weeks now he had been billeted on a Rebel Alliance troopship; running drills, losing at sabbacc, staring out the viewports at nothing...then suddenly he was volun-told to grab his gear and head to Tatooine. To meet up with some guy named Calrissian. Something to do with Captain Solo. Whatever, Symon went where he was sent.

Frowning at the droid detectors, Symon entered the cantina and let his eyes adjust to the dim lighting and the sounds of jizz music coming from the Bith band on stage. Not bad. It wasn't hard to spot Calrissian in this hive of scum and villiany. He was just like his description. Symon wandered over and stood behind a chair.

"Is this seat taken?"

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    After checking to see if he was being followed for the third time, Tyler eventually decided that he was, in fact, not going to get mugged. Trying to avoid the glances of the patrolling stormtroopers, he did his best to remain inconspicuous as he moved down the street. Eventually, he stepped inside the much cooler room and squinted into the dimness to get a good view.

Seeing the soon-to-be crowded table in the corner, Tyler orders a glass of water to wet his parched throat. After he gets dismissive grunt from the Wookie bartender, Tyler picks up the glass and heads to join the others. "Almost everyone's here, it looks like."

• Options
    edited January 2012
    As the cloaked Togruta steps into the cantina he notices the large Wookie at the corner booth examining him. Lando Calrissian watches him enter as well giving only the slightest of nods as a sign of recognition.

Chalmin glanres at Damay's empty glass and fills it once more. As he leans down to pour her drink he nods his massive head at the corner table and growls.

When Symon and Tyler approach Lando smiles broadly and waves them into the seats around his booth regally. "Maybe I can persuade one of you to join me in a game of sabbacc to pass the time while we wait for the others."

The large Wookie next to him barks in the harsh shyriiwook language and gives Lando a reproachful look.

Lando begins gathering the cards he'ds cattered across the table into his hand and shuffling them. "You'll have to excuse Chewbacca. He's just eager to start our business."

Chewbacca knocks the cards out of Lando's hand and sends them flying across the cantina floor in every direction. Lando glances at his empty hands. "He's also not my biggest fan at the moment."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "Hah. I don't know what you did Mr. Calrissian, but from what I hear about Chewbacca here you're lucky to have your arms where you left them." Symon replies to Lando before lowering his voice even further and turning to the wookie. "We never met, but I saw you around on Hoth. I was out on the first transport, but I sure am glad you and Captain Solo got Princess Leia out of there. I don't know what we would have done without her."

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Another figure walks into the cantina, wearing workman's clothes with a blaster prominently at his belt. He's human with black hair, seemingly in his 30s or 40s.

Walking up to the bar, he looked in the barkeep's general direction and said "Get me a flameout", flopping unceremoniously on one of the stools closest to Lando and the wookie.

• Options
    " I know Chalmun, You know just waiting to see the others first" Placing some credits down near his paw, Damaya, a human female wearing mechanic clothing and goggles still on walks over to the Lando and Chewbacca,

" I guess he wouldn't be, after all he and Solo are never apart these days. "

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    "Corellian ale." The Togruta mutters. He slides double the going fare for the drink to the Wookiee bartender as a mug of the stuff is delivered to him. He takes a sip of it as he once again picks his way through the beings towards the table with the human and the Wookiee. While he was ready for business, it was proper to rent the space from the purveyor of the cantina.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Seeing all of the seats around his booth are now occupied Lando waves at the Wookie behind the bar. Chalmin nods at the gesture from Lando and sets several pitchers filled with a variety of his special drink on the counter. As the cantina's thirsty patrons begin to empty the pitchers the atmosphere started to return to something more like it's usual self. The Biths picked up their performance by launching into another lively song.

Lando watched the increasingly rowdy crowd with something akin to approval. "That should ensure us a bit of privacy."

"Some of you may have heard that Han Solo was captured recently on Bespin."

Chewbacca barked at Lando shoving his lightly. He rubbed his shoulder and glanced up at the glowering Wookie next to him. "Fine Chewbacca. He was captured because I turned him into the Empire to save my own skin."

"Darth Vader had him frozen in carbonite then Boba Fett brought him here to to collect on a bounty. We believe he's being held in Jabba's Palace now. I'd like to hire you to help me spring him before the Hutt gets tired of his newest trophy."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    "What's in it for us Lando? Looking around at the mix of humanoids at the table.
    "Don't know about the rest of you but going against a Hutt tend to end poorly.
    After all Jabba's been aching after him for a time now, Solo owed him big time and is now getting what was coming."

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    "Don't worry Damaya, I'm not asking you to help me out of the kindness of your heart." Lando pulled a small blue pouch off of his belt and poured the contents out into his hand very carefully. Gems in a wide variety of colors and sizes fell out onto his hand catching the dim light of the cantina and sparkling.

"I can pay you with Quella gems. A few of these should be more than enough to get you far from Jabba after this is all over."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    The Togruta listens to the conversation. His eyes light up a bit when he sees the gems.

"So, we just walk into the palace of a sadistic crime lord known for his vindictiveness, demand he hand over a smuggler that got his tail in a twist, that simple?" He says, taking another drink of ale.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    "I doubt that would be possible." piped up the human nearest the bar carefully. "Jabba won't hand his prize over on purpose, not for anything I can conceive of. If we're going to rescue Han Solo, it will either have to be through stealth and trickery, through threats, or by killing Jabba. And if he is left alive, I think he would bankrupt himself to get Solo back, and to hunt anyone he can identify that had anything to do with the rescue down. A most unfortunate situation."

Badoh looked genuinely troubled at the options, but didn't put forward any suggestions yet.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Smirking at Lando "That is a bit more like it." Nodding to the Gems. "Quella that works well. "

Looking over at the human at the bar, "You are right, He will never hand Solo over that easily. Threats won't work, you most likely will be dead before you finish it. Killing him would work if you can get close enough. Stealth would be our best bet, however, you won't be able to get him out."

Sighs

"Jabba is keeping his enemy closer to him then his friends."

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Lando dropped the gems back into his pouch and pulled the mouth shut tightly. "I don't think Jabba would hand Han over to anyone, not unless they had a blaster pressed against his thick head. I'm hoping that being attacked in his own palace will catch the slug off guard. He won't want that story getting out. The other Hutts would tear him to bits if they found out."

"He'll probably just kill off all of his guards and tell anyone who asks that he smashed Solo to bits."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "That sounds bout right for Jabba. "

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Tyler nods, saying, "That would be pretty humiliating for a fearsome crime lord. Still... I'll feel a lot better if we've got a safe mode of transport waiting for us when we're done. Think we could arrange that before we head in to there." A short pause, and Tyler continues, "So, how are we supposed to get in there in the first place? Just walk up and knock?'"

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Lando inclined his head towards Damaya. "That's why I asked her to join us. Damaya's past association with Jabba should be more than enough to get you through the front door."

He smiled and leaned against the back of his seat in a relaxed pose. "And you don't have to worry about transport. I've got a ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ready and waiting. If you make it out of the palace and I'll get you off of Tatooine."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    "I thought that's why you wanted me." Smirking again "Indeed I might be able to get us in. The guards at the private spaceport won't question why I am bringing a few others. I can tell him they are working for me, I usually have one or two others with me anyway when I go in. "

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Aldi nods, his attempt at sarcasm apparently not catching. Perhaps his tone was off. He glanced around at the assembled rescue party. There were not the usual strike team, but part of his job the past few years was learning to work different people each day to accomplish a set of almost impossible goals. He hoped he would not fail them when he was needed.

"That will suffice. I shall assume the role of a bounty hunter, seeking employment with Jabba if questioned. It has been some time, but Aldi Valaak has brought in a couple....how would you say...scumbags, back in the day?" He said with a smile, his teeth a bit jagged.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Symon smiled at the wookie again, "You've got a ship that made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs? Or Chewbacca here lets you fly it? You've got some big brass ones on you, Calrissian. I'll give you that. Captain Solo is a hero of the Alliance, I'm in for sure....I won't pass up that reward though."

Listening to the rest of the back and forth from the assembled team, Istani chimes in. "Listen, any way we look at it, this ain't going to be clean. Sneaking around, talking fast and bribes are all well and good. But its going to come down to a fight at one point or another. Do we have access to any heavy weaponry? Thermal detonators? An AT-AT? We'll probably need it."

• Options
    While Chewbacca swelled with obvious pleasure at Symon's words Lando shook his head. "The mining facility on Bespin was meant to freeze tibanna gas not people. It's a miracle that Han wasn't killed back on Cloud City. That carbonite is unstable and any heavy weapon fire could damage it killing Solo in the process."

"Still..." Lando set a thermal detonator out on the table. "...if all else fails you may have to use this."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "I just have a few technical questions, Mr. Lando Calrissian..." Badoh squinted at Lando questioningly.

"First, the Carbonite- How long would it take to get him out, assuming he lives through it? And second, is there going to be anyone else involved in this rescue? A backup plan, as it were? I'd hate for us to be stepping on other peoples' toes, just because we felt the need for secrecy..."

• Options
    "Getting him out of the carbonite won't take very long. Less than a minute once you punch in the deactivation code. He'll be suffering from hibernation sickness though. He'll be blind, weak, and sick as a dog until he recovers. You'll probably have to carry him out of the palace."

"Chewbacca and I will be waiting here to back you up. Don't worry if Jabba is too much for you to handle we'll be ready to come to the rescue."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "Well, if Captain Solo is waiting on us, I'd hate to keep a hero of the Alliance waiting."

• Options
    "Aiy, now is as good as it is going to get. "

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    "Yes. It is time we got going. How shall we be transported there?" Aldi remarked before taking a pull of his drink, finishing it.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Lando and Chewbacca stand up from the table leading the way out of the cantina. As Chewbacca passes Chalmin both Wookies bark at one another.

Stepping back out into the blazing sun and deadly heat of Tatooine makes each of you feel as though you'd pressed your flesh into a starship engine. A pair of Jawas are arguing with an angry looking Zabrak woman. Chewbacca shoves one the Jawas out of his path and droid parts fall out of the folds of his robes. The Zabrak screams as the Jawas begain scooping up the fallen bits of machinery.

A male Gran is seated at the controls of a heavily battered SoroSuub X-34 landspeeder across the road from the cantina . Long black burns suspiciously like those that are made by blaster fire mark the speeder. It has also been modified to allow for far more passengers than the standard model.

As Lando corssed the street and approaches the speeder the Gran smiles and leans out of the vehicle to embrace him. Lando claps the Gran on the back before turning to face you again. "Pas has agreed to take you to Jabba's Palace as possible. He won't be waiting around to see how this turns out though."

Jabba the Hutt's Palace

Racing across the seemingly endless desert of Tatooine you arrive at the base of a a boulder strewn hill a short time later. An stone rotunda flanked by a taller spire stand together at the top of the mound of sand and rock. Jabb's stronghold looks more like a refinery than a palace. Many lights can be seen coming from the narrow windows set high out of reach in the walls.

Pas waits for you to disembark from his speeder before turning around and heading back in the direction of Mos Eisley at top speed. The cloud of snad the speeder kicks up continues to rise into the air long after the speeder has faded into the distance.

An uneven path marked by many footprints and vehicle treads begins at the bottom of the hill and slowly meanders it's way up towards the palace. At the top you are faced with an enormous durasteel door. Several urusai drop down from beneath the tower eaves. The scaly winged creatures plummet towards you before spreading their wings and rise. They circle the spire briefly before soaring out of sight above the rotunda. Suddenly a small hatch in the door opens and a long droid eye protrudes from the opening in the door examing each of your carefully. The droid chirps and gurgles at each of you.

Huttese
    What business do you have with the mighty Jabba? And why should he allow you to bask in his glorious presence?!"

Actions

Map
    JabbaMapRound.jpg

Status

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Standing in the front of the group of mismatched humanoids and droid, Damaya stops them. Speaking back to the droid in Huttese she answered it in a sickly sweet voice of annoyance,

"Hey metalhead, I open the door! I have work to do."

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    The droid eye blinks and looms closer to Damaya for several seconds. It jabbers at her in Huttese for a moment before retreating back into the durasteel door.

A moment later the large door begins to rise up revealing a long dark corridor beyond it. Motors hidden from sight can be heard struggling to push the door out of the way. A green skinned procine creature looming just inside of the corridor turns and glares out into the blazing sunlight. The squat Gamorrean is wearing leather armor and a heavy stone mace is tucked through his belt.

Further down the corridor another Gamorrean armed with a mace is conversing with an extremely pale Twi'lek in black robes. The Twi'lek is shouting at the guard in basic and tapping him forcefully on the chest.

"How many times have I told you not to leave bodies rotting in the palace. Once they're dead take them out to the desert and let the womp rats..." The Twi'lek turns and looks down the corridor. His lips spread in a sickly smile and he extends his arm towards you. Each of his fingers end in a claw-like fingernail.

"I see we have guests, how nice. Damaya my dear is that you out there?"

Each of you can hear music, laughter, and raised voices echoing through the corridor from deeper in the palace.

Huttese
    I know you! The little greasy human who fixes Jabba's machines. Better hurry I hear there are some nice greasy gears just waiting for you to crawl around in them.

Actions

Map
    JabbaMapRound1.jpg

Status
    Aldi - HP 29/29 Threshold 13 Reflex 18 (flat-footed 14 ); Fortitude 13, Will 13
    @A13; Status: Normal
    Badoh - HP 31/31 Threshold 13 Reflex 16(flat-footed 13); Fortitude 13, Will 15
    @C15; Status: Normal
    Dayama - HP 26/26 Threshold 14 Reflex 14(flat-footed 14); Fortitude 14, Will 15
    @C13; Status: Normal
    Symon - HP 36/36 Threshold 16 Reflex 19(flat-footed 15); Fortitude 16, Will 12
    @B14; Status: Normal
    Tyler - HP 24/24 Threshold14 Reflex19(flat-footed 16); Fortitude 14, Will 14
    @B13; Status: Normal
    Gamorrean Guard 1 - HP 41/41 Threshold 22 Reflex 15(flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 18, Will 13
    @E13; Status: Normal
    Gamorrean Guard 2 - HP 41/41 Threshold 22 Reflex 15(flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 18, Will 13
    @I13; Status: Normal
    Bib Fortuna - HP 30/30 Threshold 15 Reflex 16(flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 15, Will 14
    @I14; Status: Normal

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Rudely signing to the passing droid Damaya focuses on the Twi'lek.

"Yes Sir, it is." Suppressing a shiver, Damaya always hated dealing with Fortuna. Greasy human my ass she though. He is far greasier then I ever will have the need for.

"Sounds like a party going on. Who's the guest for Jabba today?" Ignoring his comment made to the Gamorrean as it was quite normal to hear in the halls of the Palace.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Bib Fortuna's grin slips a bit and his yellow eyes narrow. "None other than the infamous Han Solo."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "So the old man was finally caught.." snorts
    Damaya asked this as she walked further into the under lit hall. Glancing at the Gamorrean to the side, dam she hated working with them as well, slimy buggers. Typical Hutt garbage, slimy and stupid.
    "Bet Jabba was well pleased. Who brought him in?"

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Aldi trails in after Damaya, taking casual stock of the place, doing his best to look like a hard-bitten gun for hire.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    "Boba Fett. He's been lingering in the palace for days now enjoying the Hutt's hospitality."

Catching sight of the Togruta adavncing down the corridor Bib Fortuna pulls the long tail of his robe aside and moves to intercept him. The Gamorrean guard rises to his full height and snorts through his wet dripping snout while he watches the Togruta with his beady eyes.

Bib circles behind Aldi runs his fingernail along the warrior's shoulder. "And who are you?"

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    The Togruta stops, glancing at the Gamorrean. Seemed, but Aldi had fought things plenty tough. It definitely wasn't the time for that though.

"Aldi....Aldi Valaak, Damaya said I might be able to find work with Jabba." He replied to the Twi'lek, who was uncomfortably close.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    "Did she now?" Bib's eyes darted back to Damaya for a second before falling back on Aldi. He leaned even closer to the Togruta his warm rancid breath curling into Aldi's face. "Well Aldi Valaak what is it you have to offer the wise Jabba? I can't allow a beggar to step before him looking to fill his pockets with spice when the Gamorreans aren't watching."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    He grimaced, the smell getting stuck in his nostrils and refusing to leave.

"As my people have done for generations, I hunt. Surely mighty Jabba would value a hunter of things...?" Aldi asked, hoping he didn't sound too hopeful.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    The Twi'lek's lips peeled back revealing sharp white teeth as he smiled. "A bounty hunter eh? The Hutt goes through them almost as quickly as he does dancing girls."

Bib stepped aside and extended his arm down the corridor.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch