Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: 'Rule of Cool's "Legend"' by Infidel

InfidelInfidel HereticRegistered User regular
edited January 2012 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
So I missed this the first time around, and only found out because it was pointed out in the D&D thread thankfully.

I'll be running a playtest on the forum here, I believe I already am full up on interest for players, it will be a quick silly romp.

Stay tuned~

OrokosPA.png
Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
·

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
  • ToxTox I kill threads Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Jake Kurzer is new to the boards, and is the lead developer of Rule of Cool's Legend RPG, which I recently (re?-)introduced to CF and a few folks have taken a shining to it, and Infidel is interested in running a game.

Also don't you keep getting infracted for goosing around in AP anyway?

Tox on
    ameybes wrote: »
    PLANNING. Its procrastination for winners.
    Secret Satans! Post | Gaming Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
    ·
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    He was just saying all us non-CFers were thinking.

·
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    you can ask for context without being a shitbeak

·
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Death Groupie Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    More detailed context.

Guys futz around coming up with homebrew Dungeons and Dragons rules. Guys realize they probably have enough rules to make their own book. Guys make their own book, offer it up for free, and only ask for donations, 100% of which goes to Child's Play. Guys raise over $11,000. PA forumers start a thread regarding the game on the Critical Failures board. One of the guys finds the thread and sees that one of the posters wants to run a game. Guy's cockles get warmed by this and he sees an shiny "awesome" button and decides to push it since he thought it was pretty dang awesome people were going to play the game he made.

Undead Scottsman on
    steam_sig.png
    ·
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Guys raise over $11,000.

Dang, not a bad effort. I don't like when the Awesome forum is used as a 'like this post' sort of function, but it's far more than just forgivable when Child's Play is involved.

steam_sig.png
    ·
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Death Groupie Registered User regular
    They're getting close to 12k now.

steam_sig.png
    ·
  • ThreeCubedThreeCubed Registered User
    shitbeak.jpg

Shit beak.

EyQGd.jpg
    ·