As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gears of War IP sold to Microsoft Studios: The End of an Era

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    That's gonna make grinding the achievements harder...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Cant fucking get 10 kills as leader. I get 5 or 6 and then the match is over. Not to mention this encourages bad play by your leader leading them to get killed and costing you the win.

• Options
    I heard that the maps when in private mode don't have the weather effects.

Any truth to this?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Nocren wrote: »
    I heard that the maps when in private mode don't have the weather effects.

Any truth to this?

Ive seen people play bot games before it came out and it still had the effects. So I don't think its true.

Edit- Apparently guardian can not be added to a private playlist since its dlc and they cant make a dlc only playlist. /shrug

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    My TV has been broken for 2 weeks straight (going through the BS repair process) so I would login and play if I could, you know, see the screen.

• Options
    Have you tried the power of imagination? Also what happened to it if you dont mind me asking?

• Options
    Now that's interesting... Mechanic Baird and Mechanic Baird LE have two different bios. Commando Dom's (both regular and LE) are the same.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Cant fucking get 10 kills as leader. I get 5 or 6 and then the match is over. Not to mention this encourages bad play by your leader leading them to get killed and costing you the win.

It's like Foreshadowing on steroids.

• Options
    NibCrom wrote: »

It's like Foreshadowing on steroids.

Worse , foreshadowing didn't have a set of skins tied to it . Since this one does I live in constant fear of my leaders stupidity.

• Options
    Lambent Invasion: “Go Glowie” this weekend as Lambent forces take over Horde. More explosions, more mutations, and of course, more Zerkers to spread that Lambent love. Grab some friends and head online, as there’s no better opportunity to earn those Forces of Nature Achievements. You’ll also be earning 2x XP in Horde and Beast!

There will also be a special Execution playlist with Raven Down 24/7 that will take 10 rounds to win. The weapon load-out will be Gnashers and the special one shot Snub, so watch your head! The event runs through 9:00 AM EASTERN April 2nd.

Also be sure to look for a special Gnasher skin!

http://epicgames.com/community/2012/03/gears-weekend-go-glowie/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Gearsofwar

• Options
    The special gnasher skin is hot pink and yellow...

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    So. Who's available tomorrow? It's a Saturday, it's double XP, there's a Lambent event - it's the perfect time for an achievement lobby or even just some Horde.

I'll be in an Xbox Live Party almost all day, so if you want in and you're not on my list, send me a message and I'll get you an invite ASAP. My Gamertag is Willeth.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Inker2000Inker2000 Registered User regular
    id be down for some coop achievos. GT is Inkdizz. im on the metatag, but i dont have anyone individually.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Workin' 11am to 6pm PST tomorrow :( Then I have a D&D game I need to get to.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    apparently epic is going to do an easter egg hunt at pax east, if i find some codes i'll be giving the extras out to you guys

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Cool. Any idea what the codes are for?

EDIT: "If you’re heading to PAX East this year look for the Epic Easter eggs hidden around the convention center to find Gears of War 3 DLC codes, HeroClix and other prizes!"

Heh, kind of a dick move to start using Jazz Jackrabbit for marketing when they've flat out said a new game isn't a priority for them.

Anywho, I was kinda sad they didn't have a panel at PAX Prime last year (There was a fan put-together one for the Gears community, but that was it) and now Epic has a panel all to themselves this year at PAX East. FRUSTRATION! Hopefully they'll have another one at PAX Prime this year.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    So you know that 24/7 Raven Down Playlist?
    It randomly switches to other maps.

April Fools, apparently

• Options
    edited March 2012
    So you know that 24/7 Raven Down Playlist?
    It randomly switches to other maps.

April Fools, apparently

Lol. Epic at its best.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Have you tried the power of imagination? Also what happened to it if you dont mind me asking?
    I haven't tried that yet. I'll experiment and let you know how it works.

I do mind you asking.

Ok not really. It just broke. One day it worked fine, then in the afternoon it won't turn on. Repair guy has been to my house 3 times and has no idea why. The main board shorted out and blew the power board as well, he replaced both but has no idea why it's not working. Now the TV turns on but there's no picture. After this last repair he'll have replaced every part possible inside my TV and hopefully the manufacturer will replace it after this.

If you ever have to have your TV repaired, just slit your wrists instead.

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'll be on today. If I'm not playing Portal 2 coop I'll definitely be up for whatever on the new maps.

• Options
    Spending a lot of time today inviting people on the metatag who are playing Gears who are just ignoring it. One dude just joined the party, never plugged a mic in, then immediately left. That's a little rude.

• Options
    Willeth wrote: »
    Spending a lot of time today inviting people on the metatag who are playing Gears who are just ignoring it. One dude just joined the party, never plugged a mic in, then immediately left. That's a little rude.

Probably joined by accident if that's the case.

• Options
    Oh man, just got the I've Got This! achievement with the help of my cousins. What a rush!

• Options
    Willet

Willeth, I got a party invite from you but I was running in and out of the room. Feel free to add me.

• Options
    Willet

Willeth, I got a party invite from you but I was running in and out of the room. Feel free to add me.

Hah, sorry dude. Wasn't directed at you. I'm actually heading out for about an hour or so but will be back then. Bogart and I have been playing on and off for the last while too, so that'll be three. If anyone else wants in, be around in an hour.

• Options
    Hopefully I'll have my TV working tuesday. I expect to have Gearsmas then.

• Options
    Willet

Hah, sorry dude. Wasn't directed at you. I'm actually heading out for about an hour or so but will be back then. Bogart and I have been playing on and off for the last while too, so that'll be three. If anyone else wants in, be around in an hour.

Yeah, it's cool. We have a newborn in the house, so sometimes I'm just playing private matches in between diapers.

• Options
    BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    NeuralFizz wrote: »

I have been Gearsing again sir, and I keep getting stuck with horrible, horrible pubbies. I require assistance ASAP.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    With the 2xp weekend Guardian is a fucking cesspool. I would stay clear of it since its either full groups going for ivory ( whose fucking genius idea was this anyway?) or idiots trying to do it solo and dying in the first two minutes. That said a good koth game will get you 8-9k xp so I think I will play that for the rest of the weekend.

• Options
    Going to be later than I thought - stopped in on an old gent to pick up an office chair from Freecycle and he insisted on showing me every Linux installation he had on every machine possible.

• Options
    Right, ready to play. Who's around?

• Options
    Just got back dont know if you are still around , what did you have in mind?

• Options
    Just got back dont know if you are still around , what did you have in mind?

Hah, sorry dude, I got trapped in a Horde game. I was all up for an achievement lobby but we seem to be struggling to get people together.

• Options
    No problem , think I will take a nap instead. Afternoon weekend naps are the best.

• Options
    NeuralFizz wrote: »

I have been Gearsing again sir, and I keep getting stuck with horrible, horrible pubbies. I require assistance ASAP.
    Yessir, I will keep you abreast of my TV repairs.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Has the flamethrower been buffed recently? It seems a lot stronger now than last time I was in matchmaking (which was a while ago).

• Options
    Yes several months ago. It is drastically improved.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Azura is gorgeous.

That is all.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Right! Let us begin the Gearsing anew!

• Options
    Just leveled up , think that's enough for today.